The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread

+101
george doors
The Fourth Lion
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
Portnoy's Complaint
milkyboy
dummy_half
Mad for Chelsea
blackcanelion
Hammersmith harrier
Hood83
2ndtimeround
Shifty
Rory_Gallagher
glamorganalun
DaveM
Mr Taff
LeinsterFan4life
Mike Selig
mckay1402
whocares
Davie
Taylorman
Steve_rugby
Fernando
Coleman
hugehandoff
flankertye
Tattie Scones RRN
Nachos Jones
Allty
Exiledinborders
Heaf
Sgt_Pooly
quinsforever
BigTrevsbigmac
No 7&1/2
gregortree
lostinwales
The Saint
Alex_Germany
TightHEAD
nobbled
MarcusHalberstram
Pete330v2
alive555
WELL-PAST-IT
jimmyinthewell68
Poorfour
Manu's Boxing Coach
offload
Bathman_in_London
pledgeX
Notch
Scottrf
cb
Geordie
Ozzy3213
rodders
TheRugbyMaster
Barney McGrew did it
Jimpy
Biltong
doctor_grey
Breadvan
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
englandglory4ever
Dim
king_carlos
Chjw131
Tiger/Chief
GunsGerms
Duty281
stub
SecretFly
Cumbrian
bluestonevedder
nlpnlp
Impossible Standards
Rugby Fan
jelly
rainbow-warrior
George Carlin
wales606
mzan
Gwlad
maestegmafia
Cardiff Dave
GavinDragon
nathan
Luckless Pedestrian
HQ matt
thomh
funnyExiledScot
beshocked
yappysnap
LondonTiger
LordDowlais
TJ
BamBam
105 posters

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Empty Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread

Post by BamBam Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Wales10Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Englan10
Wales v England
6 February 2015
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff
Kick off at 20.05

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (FFR)
AR1: Romain Poite (FFR)
AR2: Mathieu Raynal (FFR)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

Live on BBC1

Wales
Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Kather10
01. Gethin Jenkins
02. Richard Hibbard
03. Samson Lee
04. Alun Wyn Jones
05. Jake Ball
06. Dan Lydiate
07. Sam Warburton (c)
08. Toby Faletau

09. Rhys Webb
10. Dan Biggar
11. George North
12. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathan Davies
14. Alex Cuthbert
15. Leigh Halfpenny

16. Scott Baldwin
17. Paul James
18. Aaron Jarvis
19. Luke Charteris
20. Justin Tipuric
21. Mike Phillips
22. Rhys Preistland
23. Liam Williams

England
Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Kate-w10
15. Mike Brown
14. Anthony Watson
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Luther Burrell
11. Jonny May
10. George Ford
09. Ben Youngs  

01. Joe Marler
02. Dylan Hartley
03. Dan Cole
04. David Attwood
05. George Kruis
06. James Haskell
07. Chris Robshaw (captain)
08. Billy Vunipola

16. Tom Youngs
17. Mako Vunipola
18. Kieran Brookes
19. Tom Croft
20. Nick Easter
21. Richard Wigglesworth
22. Danny Cipriani
23. Billy Twelvetrees

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread

Post by gregortree Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:51 pm

My godson works in a sex toys business. I'll ask him to recommend something.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Wales v England - 6 February 2015 - Match thread

Post by lostinwales Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:03 pm

Mick cleary obviously has some unorthodox views on fatherhood Shocked

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Mike brown is going to be walking around pretty uncomfortably then...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:49 pm

lostinwales wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Poorfour wrote:By the way, Mick Cleary's given Wales the edge all across the back division in the Telegraph, so it's probably time for someone to wheel out their Corporal Fraser impersonation.

Apparently Brown has to 'penetrate himself' Shocked

This article is OK if a little silly, as you could look at the same bunch of players and read things in lots of different ways, although form and last year seem to have nothing to do with it. The article by Corrigan is bordering on offensive
Brown has to do........exactly what?  I always thought he was kind of a big d*ck, but really now...........

This is the sentence in full
Brown has to play father figure to his wings and penetrate himself.
Mick Cleary, eh? He must be into some pretty weird sh*t, eh boys?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:53 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Poorfour wrote:By the way, Mick Cleary's given Wales the edge all across the back division in the Telegraph, so it's probably time for someone to wheel out their Corporal Fraser impersonation.

This article is OK if a little silly, as you could look at the same bunch of players and read things in lots of different ways, although form and last year seem to have nothing to do with it. The article by Corrigan is bordering on offensive
Brown has to do........exactly what?  I always thought he was kind of a big d*ck, but really now...........

Mick Cleary, eh?  He must be into some pretty weird sh*t, eh boys?  

I've now got a mental image of Brown as a massive bird, like Foghorn Leghorn, trying to do something sordid with his wings and his backside. Damn you Cleary (and my imagination!).

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 pm

LondonTiger wrote:As to any relevance to the match later in the year?

Big fat zero.

England have not won a competition since before the last RWC.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Poorfour wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
So Hartley is a poor scrummager, can't deal with any opposition scrummager? Or is every single team he faces cheating?

Let just suggest That at least some of the opposition were not cheating, the Hartley is breaking the laws of Scrummaging by standing up before the scrum is finished.

And so the "fun" begins...

Look, you're the one who's claiming Hartley keeps popping up and not being penalised. All I have done is point out that there's a legitimate reason in the Laws why a ref might choose not to penalise him.

So since they consistently choose not to penalise him, one of four things must be true:
1) All opposing front rows are consistently cheating in driving Hartley up, and the refs are consistently spotting this
2) All refs are conspiring with Hartley to give him the benefit of the doubt
3) The IRB has achieved consistent refereeing incompetence with regard to this particular offence (and this particular player), despite the evidence of widespread inconsistency in most other aspects of the scrum
4) You are overexaggerating this for (supposedly) comic effect.

Take your pick.

I asked if anyone could post a video of a scrum where Hartley doesn't pop up...!

No one has.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:29 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Poorfour wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
So Hartley is a poor scrummager, can't deal with any opposition scrummager? Or is every single team he faces cheating?

Let just suggest That at least some of the opposition were not cheating, the Hartley is breaking the laws of Scrummaging by standing up before the scrum is finished.

Look, you're the one who's claiming Hartley keeps popping up and not being penalised. All I have done is point out that there's a legitimate reason in the Laws why a ref might choose not to penalise him.

So since they consistently choose not to penalise him, one of four things must be true:
1) All opposing front rows are consistently cheating in driving Hartley up, and the refs are consistently spotting this
3) The IRB has achieved consistent refereeing incompetence with regard to this particular offence (and this particular player), despite the evidence of widespread inconsistency in most other aspects of the scrum

Take your pick.

I asked if anyone could post a video of a scrum where Hartley doesn't pop up...!

No one has.

He only pops us to see if he got a red or a yellow.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:30 pm

Gwlad wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Poorfour wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Take your pick.

No one has.

He only pops us to see if he got a red or a yellow.

He's always up to something...! Dirty bugger

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:11 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The scrum laws say both that, all front row players must bind firmly and continuously from the start to the finish of the scrum and that if a player in a scrum is lifted in the air, or is forced upwards out of the scrum, the referee must blow the whistle immediately so that players stop pushing.

When Hartley stands up he is no longer binding so has conceded a penalty, but also referees rarely stop the scrum as per the second part.

I am sure we all wish that the scrum is referred fairly for both sides, as it was in the last game in Cardiff.
All he does is a little 'up periscope', probably driven by the evil opposing prop and hooker.  Dylan can do no wrong...........  

Aye he has a saintly reputation apart from the year he was absent from rugby doing penance...
And the purpose of penance?  To obtain forgiveness.  And I have forgiven his trespasses.  
I am sure he appreciates my assistance.

And the purpose of penance ?

To represent reflection.

Though I think at school we were told that after every reflection the likelihood of repeat behaviour should decrease.
I was taught in med school to review (ie, reflect upon) every action, every diagnosis, each and every surgical procedure to get it better the next time. So the likelihood of repeat behaviour goes up, not down.

As i said, I have forgiven Dylan, so all is good!

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:07 am

doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The scrum laws say both that, all front row players must bind firmly and continuously from the start to the finish of the scrum and that if a player in a scrum is lifted in the air, or is forced upwards out of the scrum, the referee must blow the whistle immediately so that players stop pushing.

When Hartley stands up he is no longer binding so has conceded a penalty, but also referees rarely stop the scrum as per the second part.

I am sure we all wish that the scrum is referred fairly for both sides, as it was in the last game in Cardiff.
All he does is a little 'up periscope', probably driven by the evil opposing prop and hooker.  Dylan can do no wrong...........  

Aye he has a saintly reputation apart from the year he was absent from rugby doing penance...
And the purpose of penance?  To obtain forgiveness.  And I have forgiven his trespasses.  
I am sure he appreciates my assistance.

And the purpose of penance ?

To represent reflection.

Though I think at school we were told that after every reflection the likelihood of repeat behaviour should decrease.
I was taught in med school to review (ie, reflect upon) every action, every diagnosis, each and every surgical procedure to get it better the next time.  So the likelihood of repeat behaviour goes up, not down.  

As i said, I have forgiven Dylan, so all is good!

Well done Doc...!

To err is human, forgive is Devine...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:00 am

If Wales are to win on Friday, what do we think is the most likely way they'll do it? Boot of Halfpenny, or some handling like we saw in 2013 at Cardiff (and the last Lion's Test)?

Similarly, if England prevail, what's their most likely route to victory? Wales gave away very few kickable penalties two years ago, so that's no clear route to points even if Ford has his eye in.

On that note, am I right in thinking that our backup kickers are on the bench, so we would need to sub Ford if he was misfiring, even if the rest of his game was in fair shape?

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:53 am

Believe Easter is the back up kicker, also covering lock and will be available to close the roof if required.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:24 am

A lot of folks are saying that England will be fielding a weekend side due to injuries.

So if Wales win it will be because England have too many injuries.

But if England win (WITH A WEEKEND) side. Will that be because Wales felt sorry for England? Or That England played better (WITH) a weekend side than Wales did. Headscratch

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:39 am

Gwlad wrote:Believe Easter is the back up kicker, also covering lock and will be available to close the roof if required.
Laugh He can also pick things off high shelves for you.

To answer the question above, I think that the England pack's relative unfamiliarity and Wales' blitz defence will lead to a series of penalties which Halfpenny will kick. This will force England to eventually open up to chase the lead, which will lead to each side scoring a couple. Wales to edge it by about 10 points.

Or something completely different might happen.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:44 am

Both sides coaches are talking up the opposition as we know but I was wondering what you expect tactically from the opposition...?

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 am; edited 2 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by jelly Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:24 am

Not sure if it counts as a weekend side due to the game being played on a Friday night - now if it was on Saturday there would be no argument.

jelly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:12 am

I have to laugh at what some people are saying on this thread ref Dylan Hartley. I'll tell you what, we should go with this, it is not Dylan Hartley's fault he stands up at EVERY scrum, it is everybody else's fault, as every body else are the one's that are cheating.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:21 am

Is your tongue poking out through your cheeks yet MM, they must be getting very worn by now.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:27 am

lostinwales wrote:
doctor_grey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Not with them watching, surely!!!

Starting to get on some very dodgy ground here
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:36 am

majesticimperialman wrote:A lot of folks are saying that England will be fielding a weekend side due to injuries.

But if England win (WITH A WEEKEND) side. Will that be because Wales felt sorry for England? Or That England played better (WITH) a weekend side than Wales did. Headscratch

A suppose Friday night is technically the weekend, but playing a WEAKENED side on a Friday night sounds more like an end of season tour than the start of the 6N
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:39 am

LordDowlais wrote:I have to laugh at what some people are saying on this thread ref Dylan Hartley. I'll tell you what, we should go with this, it is not Dylan Hartley's fault he stands up at EVERY scrum, it is everybody else's fault, as every body else are the one's that are cheating.

Fourth post on the trott, must be a record for me.

It would appear that the majority of the AP, and international refs agree with you LD, how very clever of you.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:41 am

maestegmafia wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:As to any relevance to the match later in the year?

Big fat zero.

England have not won a competition since before the last RWC.

And Wales have never won the RWC. Its just as relevant

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRugbyMaster Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 am

An earlier post shows england only missing perhaps 3-4 first choice players. Most being a reflection of the lack of agreement on what constitutes "first choice". This is a cultural thing going back to Sir Clive who loved to paint himself the underdog by mentioning injured non first choice players who's status was elevated by injury.

Don't be fooled, this England side are world class from 1-15; anyone who's memory needs jogging need only look at how England all but beat New Zealand in tier own back yard with a team written off by most as "second string". The reality is that England have 30-40 of the best rugby players in the world and could fill several international teams with their fringe players who would walk into a number of sides.

England's third choice pack would start for Australia and a second reserve backline would oust Scotland's best.

TheRugbyMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:42 am

Comedy
Gold
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:43 am

So the roof is going to be open, well I'm glad we've finally sorted that out.

Now its time for England to unleash its new weapon, 'The English Haka' I kid you not, reporters heard strange rhythmic chanting noises coming from Englands training pitch yesterday afternoon. Speculation is that the England team will do their own war dance pre Kick off on Friday unless the Welsh have any objections, if they do then England will perform their dance in the dressing room before hand.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am

TheRugbyMaster wrote:An earlier post shows england only missing perhaps 3-4 first choice players. Most being a reflection of the lack of agreement on what constitutes "first choice". This is a cultural thing going back to Sir Clive who loved to paint himself the underdog by mentioning injured non first choice players who's status was elevated by injury.

Don't be fooled, this England side are world class from 1-15; anyone who's memory needs jogging need only look at how England all but beat New Zealand in tier own back yard with a team written off by most as "second string". The reality is that England have 30-40 of the best rugby players in the world and could fill several international teams with their fringe players who would walk into a number of sides.

England's third choice pack would start for Australia and a second reserve backline would oust Scotland's best.

Anyone sensing a ghostly presence? ghost

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am

I look forward to England Wales games, but not as much as I look forward to the stupid wums ending.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 am

majesticimperialman wrote:A lot of folks are saying that England will be fielding a weekend side due to injuries.

Of course a weekend side is only good on a Saturday or Sunday to. Run

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRugbyMaster Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

Is it different to the splendid display we saw from them last time in Cardif? That time used post match - with all rhythmically synchronised - hands on hips, heads bowed, fall to the knees and fists pound the welsh turf...?

TheRugbyMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

TheRugbyMaster wrote:An earlier post shows england only missing perhaps 3-4 first choice players. Most being a reflection of the lack of agreement on what constitutes "first choice". This is a cultural thing going back to Sir Clive who loved to paint himself the underdog by mentioning injured non first choice players who's status was elevated by injury.

Agree. We're only missing 4 key players. Lawes, launchbury,Morgan,Manu. Talk of second string is inaccurate. If Eng did have those four players I'd be well confident of a win.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRugbyMaster Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 am

Breadvan wrote:

Agree. We're only missing 4 key players. Lawes, launchbury,Morgan,Manu. Talk of second string is inaccurate. If Eng did have those four players I'd be well confident of a win.

In recent times having injuries has been nothing but a book for England. Time and time again the players brought in as cover have revealed themselves to be true world class. This time those added have the additional advantage of experience and a point to prove. It should be a cracker of a game with loads of talking points to follow.

TheRugbyMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 am

David Wilson or a fully fit Cole?
Wood?

The bench has been weakened considerably too

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRugbyMaster Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:52 am

Morgan out is a loss, but for so long Lancaster has used the two big lumps who are very similar as cover for each other. It's a chance to see a different balance in the back row. For me Vunipola has better ball skills than Morgan anyway and might offer more in the way of clever off loads in the congested welsh rush defensive alignment.

TheRugbyMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:58 am

BamBam wrote:

Anyone sensing a ghostly presence? ghost

Now you mention it chin

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 am

WUM

whats englands third choice pack and what is englands second choice backline ?

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 am

I do find it amusing that the Welsh posters are so worried about being labelled as favourites. Feeling the pressure?

Injuries can actually help a side because they force a coach to try out new options and try new tactics.

You would expect Wales are going to be hit by injuries at some point - will be they be able to cope?  Pool A  will be a bruising pool - England continue to build up their squad depth in anticipation.

If you lose 1st and 2nd choice options for Wales there's a huge drop down IMO.

If Wales had similar issues they would be on their knees begging for forgiveness - the excuses would be coming out thick and fast just like when there was that loss to Japan.

England in comparison can shrug off these injuries and I believe they can beat Wales with the right tactics and gameplan. It will be tough of course because Wales are a good side but a win is possible.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

WALES to unleash GatBall - again - or as Howley has just called it the 'unexpected'.
About as unexpected as the Spanish Inquisition.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

beshocked wrote: that loss to Japan.

That hardly gets mentioned these days. Japan lol. Very Happy
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

The issue is much less about quality of players than about combinations and form. A pack without Launchbury, Lawes and Wood loses a bit in the air, though it gains a little in grunt. But Attwood and Kruis haven't played much together, and only a minority of the pack have ever played with Croft or Easter.

In the backs, it's an untried combination at 10-12-13 and there's a question over whether Burrell's form last weekend was a genuine dip or incipient concussion.

Most of the players in the XV would have a case for being first choice even if everyone was fully fit. The only clear cut cases are the locks, Wood over Haskell and possibly Corbs (if he ever does get fit) over Marler and Manu (if he ever does get fit) over Joseph - and of the ones who might get ousted all except Kruis you might expect to find in the XXIII.

England's issue, as it has been since Lancaster took over, is that it's another tournament and another squad who've not had much time together. That could cost us on Friday, but it might actually benefit England in the long run.

If you look forward to the eve of the RWC, Lancaster can go into RWC camp knowing that he can winnow the extended squad down to 30 based on fitness and form. He has used enough players - and enough of them have made the grade - that he has the option not to take a chance on injured players recovering fitness. He can focus the camp on combinations getting to know each other and crossing fingers that, say, Manu or Corbs or Morgan will be fit is an option rather than a necessity. There aren't many coaches who will be able to do that. Maybe Steve Hansen, but that's about it.

But right now, it's a pain in the butt. Possibly something to do with Mike Brown, if Cleary is to be believed.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:15 am

beshocked wrote:If you lose 1st and 2nd choice options for Wales there's a huge drop down IMO.

This is why we are saying that England have very good strength in depth, what is the problem with that ?

If Wales had England's injury list, I doubt we would be able to play in this 6N, but the fact that England DO have the best strengnth in depth, probably in the world, there really should not be any excuses comming from England.

Lastly, the Japan tour, that you always keep reminding us of, we not only had 3rd and 4th choice players out there, but we did not have our regular coaches out there either.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:22 am

Home advantage will be just too much for this thrown together injury hit England team to cope with.

Wales are huge favourites to win and win well.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:25 am

Gregortree Gatlandball is expected but stopping it is not straightforward.

The Welsh backs are big lads who take a bit of stopping even if it's only route one they know.

The power game in general has become a big part of rugby. It's why England will need to show a bit more guile. If they are not careful the likes of Ford,Watson,May and Joseph will be thrown around like ragdolls by the monsters facing them.

Lorddowlais no problem with acknowledging that England have good strength in depth but the absentees will still affect us - for the reasons poorfour points out.

If England was playing Japan our team would have strolled to wins. Plenty of coaches who could step up to the plate who are English. You lost to a coach combo of Eddie Jones (I know he's an Aussie) and Steve Borthwick.....

It's funny looking at coaches in the 6 nations.

England have a fully English coaching staff, Ireland,Wales and Scotland run by Kiwis, France and Italy run by Frenchmen.

Of course an Englishman is the mastermind of the Welsh defence too....you owe most of your success to an Englishman - don't forget it. thumbsup

Last edited by beshocked on Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:27 am

beshocked wrote:
England have a fully English coaching staff, Ireland,Wales and Scotland run by Kiwis,

'If you can't beat them then join them'  Whistle

or sign them to coach you!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:30 am

TightHEAD wrote:Wales are huge favourites to win and win well.

So you keep saying. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:32 am

LordDowlais wrote:

What's wrong with saying that? Headscratch
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 am

Can't quite believe that we are all battling to prove that our side is the bigger pile of Poopie Laugh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am

Pretty grim isn't it, being a RWC year and all.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:36 am

TightHEAD wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What's wrong with saying that? Headscratch

So you honestly think Wales will win well ?

Also, not aimed at you TightHead, but after this debate, I never want to hear about how great Englands strength in depth is again, if as everyone on here is saying, it is not as good as everyone thinks, then that can go forever.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:37 am

gregortree wrote:WALES to unleash GatBall - again - or as Howley has just called it the 'unexpected'.
About as unexpected as the Spanish Inquisition.

The (almost) exact same players as last year, and a group of players who have pretty much played the same way for years. A bruising team who can muscle past many teams even when playing poorly, but who finally managed to limp over the line against SA to record their first win over a SANZAR team for a very long time. A team that can be devastating when they play at their best but rarely do. A team we beat last time out. Its probably little different from the team we beat in the opening Friday night fixture four years ago.

They may pull one or two new plays out of the bag, and they will have spells when they cause us heaps of problems, but for the bulk of the game it will be the same old style, and we know what we have to do to counter it. (Actually doing so is another matter, but we have managed it, and yes 2 years ago we utterly failed to do so).

There are lots of questions over how England will play, and how well the new combinations will click, but if (and its a huge IF) they do click I am cautiously optimistic.

I'd be a lot less optimistic if there were some signs (e.g. different players) in the Welsh squad that would indicate the presence of a plan B, or the ability to adapt and play a different game if needed, but the only signs of anything different is an indication that they will try and send North and Cuthbert through the middle a bit more.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next