The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday night games.

3 posters

Go down

Friday night games. Empty Friday night games.

Post by MissBlennerhassett Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:57 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-v-england-idiotic-fans-8599135#rlabs=1

Should Friday night games be abolished in Cardiff?

Seems from the link above, a lot true rugby fans from Wales think they should. Very sad to read this and so damaging to the proper Welsh fans who are a great, friendly and knowledgeable bunch. What can the WRFU do to exclude this element from the game?

MissBlennerhassett

Back to top Go down

Friday night games. Empty Re: Friday night games.

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:01 am

MissBlennerhassett wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-v-england-idiotic-fans-8599135#rlabs=1

Should Friday night games be abolished in Cardiff?

Seems from the link above, a lot true rugby fans from Wales think they should. Very sad to read this and so damaging to the proper Welsh fans who are a great, friendly and knowledgeable bunch. What can the WRFU do to exclude this element from the game?

Stop being money grabbing bar stewards and not play anymore firday night games but that won't happen whilst Lewis is there. It would be interesting though to see a report from the Police to see if there was a significant increase in arrests to what they would get on a Friday.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBlennerhassett Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:03 am

Bedford, do you thinks it's their decision or the BBc's?

MissBlennerhassett

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:05 am

MissBlennerhassett wrote:Bedford, do you thinks it's their decision or the BBc's?

The relevant Union in this case the WRU have to agree to it and by agreeing to it they get a larger slice of the tv revenue than they would if it was played on a Saturday.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by MissBlennerhassett Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:07 am

Must agree though, the 4N, 5N, 6N have always been and should always be Saturday fixtures. I can see that now with 3 games to play, Sundays playing a roll but why Fridays?

MissBlennerhassett

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:10 am

The Friday night games came about after they proved successful during the 07 WC in France and a lot of the T14 games are on a Friday night and there have been some late kick offs on a Saturday in Paris over the years.

England v Wales in the WC is an 8 O'Clock kick off at Twickenham and whilst obviously not in the centre of the city like the MS getting away from there at 10 at night is going to be a nightmare.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:18 am

This is what happens when TV becomes the major factor.  The tail starts to wag the dog.

The 6N should be a Saturday only tournament.  I'd go so far as to speak the ultimate heresy in the TV era and say that all the games should kick off at the same time, too.

Red Button technology means fans could choose to watch the match of their choice live, then see the other games on catch-up afterwards.... the match only, that is, none of the interminable, meaningless pre-match hype.  And I include the national anthems in that, too. I don't give a monkeys what Jiffy or Guscott think and when every Italy game seems to kick off late because their national anthem lasts longer than any opera at La Scala it drives me nuts. Teams just run out, line up and kick off. Works for me.

It would be an overwhelmingly preferable option for me. Alas, I know it will never happen.  Still, I can wish, can't I?
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down