The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you change the WM Main Event?

+12
Prometheus
Mr H
JoshSansom
owen10ozzy
Samo
Ian2307
liverbnz
Marky
Mat
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Fernando
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you change the title Match at WM 31?

Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]
Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_lcap45%Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 10 ]
Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Empty Would you change the WM Main Event?

Post by Fernando Mon 09 Feb 2015, 9:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

With the furore over the reaction over the Royal Rumble match being hijacked by various Daniel Bryan chants and Roman being booed despite supposedly being "Face" due to Bryan & some terrible match booking

Alot of people believe that Reigns isn't ready for the title match due to various reasons...

Do WWE bow to the fan reaction and place Bryan in or hope that the crowd just stop being smarky and push on with Roman

So with all that involved would you change the 6 month rumored plan of Brock vs Roman at WM 31?

If so how?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you change the WM Main Event?

Post by GSC Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm

Changing your plans to fit a group of people who generally just pick the contrary position to what you're doing is ****ing stupid.

If WWE starts building up Ambrose as a star, he'll be getting boos within 3 months
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Would you change the WM Main Event? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you change the WM Main Event?

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm

GSC wrote:
If WWE starts building up Ambrose as a star, he'll be getting boos within 3 months

We don't know that. Ambrose has been booked to lose consistently. He's done some angles that have gone departed from the Pillman/Austin edgy character he seems to be aiming for into a parody of himself with at least one of the worst finishes to a match in recent memory.

I don't think he's ready to be WWE's top face, but I do think he's had some of the worst that WWE can throw at him and he's come through it still with the fans behind him and his credibility as a wrestler intact. I'd love to see if he could go further if WWE get behind him.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 12 Feb 2015, 4:55 pm

I hate the 'Unstable' gimmick. Ambrose needs to be a full on heel for me. He could play the despicable Roddy Piper type heel to perfection.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:01 pm

Prometheus wrote:
GSC wrote:

We don't know that. Ambrose has been booked to lose consistently. He's done some angles that have gone departed from the Pillman/Austin edgy character he seems to be aiming for into a parody of himself with at least one of the worst finishes to a match in recent memory.

I don't think he's ready to be WWE's top face, but I do think he's had some of the worst that WWE can throw at him and he's come through it still with the fans behind him and his credibility as a wrestler intact. I'd love to see if he could go further if WWE get behind him.

That's the thing, if they did get behind he'd inevitably be booed by the same section of fans.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:06 pm

GSC wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
GSC wrote:

We don't know that.  Ambrose has been booked to lose consistently.  He's done some angles that have gone departed from the Pillman/Austin edgy character he seems to be aiming for into a parody of himself with at least one of the worst finishes to a match in recent memory.  

I don't think he's ready to be WWE's top face, but I do think he's had some of the worst that WWE can throw at him and he's come through it still with the fans behind him and his credibility as a wrestler intact.  I'd love to see if he could go further if WWE get behind him.  

That's the thing, if they did get behind he'd inevitably be booed by the same section of fans.

But why? I get the fact that if a heel is good and keeps winning he will eventually get the respect and therefore backing of the fans. We can see that now with Lesnar, where the booking is also not helping him look like a heel.

But I don't buy into this idea that is perpetuated that you can't be a successful face any more. I can understand that there comes a time when fans become bored of a wrestler and want something fresh. But in 3 months? Maybe I'm missing the entire vibe of WWE, but my reading is that fans are reacting to individuals (Batista and Reigns being the most obvious ones) rather than the whole dynamic of a face character.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

Because there's a group of fans who simply want to be supporting the guy who isn't getting pushed

Hipsters essentially.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:24 pm

I think you've bought too much into the Dolphin Ziggler A-Z of anti-hipster arguments, Daniel Bryan was pushed over the past 12 months despite the belief that it was purely organic and purely due to fan reaction. He opened and closed pretty much every RAW for 3 months leading to Mania.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 12 Feb 2015, 5:27 pm

Someone mentioned Hipsters and Hero turned up?

chin

Somebodies hipster-senses were tingling

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:09 pm

Hero wrote:I think you've bought too much into the Dolphin Ziggler A-Z of anti-hipster arguments, Daniel Bryan was pushed over the past 12 months despite the belief that it was purely organic and purely due to fan reaction. He opened and closed pretty much every RAW for 3 months leading to Mania.

Its funny though, isnt it, that he got genuinely pushed, maybe not to levels that Gavin would have enjoyed because there were the digs at him, yet a lot of people felt like they were purposefully holding him back. So, even with evidence to suggest he was being pushed, the usual vocal group went anti-establishment and supported Bryan because he wasnt being pushed well enough.

Really, all you've done is strengthen my point. Being contrary to "the machine" is a habit for a lot of people. The audience and their morals flip-flop so fantastically that you cant help laugh really. Lesnar was an awful champ when he was away, minute he shows back up hes getting almost face-like reactions. The Rock showed the smarks that part-time champs suck, yet Lesnar was the man they wanted to win at the Rumble. WWE don't push new stars, yet Orton would have been a great Rumble winner to have the Mania main event be two people who won their first world titles over 10 years ago. The latest one i'm enjoying is how easily I can remember smarks mocking WWE for sending seasoned pros like Steen or Generico to NXT, yet Itami has not hit any sort of Kenta level heights due to the fact he is still adapting to the WWE. Its true, of course it is, but it kind of supports the fact WWE may be right in what they do with these people.

I'm ignoring context cos a lot of sweeping statements about wrestlers smarks don't like often do.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 12 Feb 2015, 6:20 pm

But do you actually like Roman Reigns?
As it comes across more so that you've gone full circle hipster, it's now the norm to boo the likes of Reigns etc so by now backing you're double bluffing. You're cheering him because he's booed rather than just cheering him.
Uber-hipster.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

I prefer Leakee

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 12 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

Everyone likes the next big thing until they become a big thing
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2