The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !!

3 posters

Go down

Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !! Empty Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:09 pm

After the childish feuding of Groves-Froch....Clev-Bellew....Clev-Stevenson and Floyd-Maidana................

Ain't it great to have all the major fighters this weekend behaving like gentleman !!............

GGG and Murray wishing each other luck and saying nice things.......................and the same with AA and Smith...........

Doesn't make me want to watch any less !!..................Does it you ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !! Empty Re: Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !!

Post by Coxy001 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:38 pm

Thing is Truss, Eddie did a great job in getting Froch/GG out there to say how much they disliked each other. When they were on camera together this also came across to the public. Watched it in the clubhouse with 100 or so people and I didn't speak to a single person who was a neutral - the build up made that happen and the atmosphere was cracking.

I'll always watch fights due to my love of the sport. The general public seeing two guys noshing each other off isn't exactly going to stoke the fire to watch two guys who were best mates a few hours previously.

Personally the pre-fight needle gets people going for the fight and one fighter in particular. From my eyes anyway.

Prime example: Ali vs Frazier - would it have been as big as it was with the general public if they were best buddies in the run up to the fight? Nope.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !! Empty Re: Throwback weekend - Fighters showing how to conduct themselves !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Thing is Truss, Eddie did a great job in getting Froch/GG out there to say how much they disliked each other. When they were on camera together this also came across to the public. Watched it in the clubhouse with 100 or so people and I didn't speak to a single person who was a neutral - the build up made that happen and the atmosphere was cracking.

I'll always watch fights due to my love of the sport. The general public seeing two guys noshing each other off isn't exactly going to stoke the fire to watch two guys who were best mates a few hours previously.

Personally the pre-fight needle gets people going for the fight and one fighter in particular. From my eyes anyway.

Prime example: Ali vs Frazier - would it have been as big as it was with the general public if they were best buddies in the run up to the fight? Nope.

i think Froch genuinely disliked him..............When you've got a huge ego and some kid who has never done anything starts belittling you....You're bound to get upset and rightly so....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:48 pm

Froch Groves was genuine. Just a clash of personalities in a powder keg atmosphere, Froch seems a man's man type and Groves is a bit of a quirky character (who happens to be good at fighting). Wouldn't be friends in a million years.

Before the first fight, Froch was the pollock. The needle seemed to stem from the fact that Froch was aghast that Groves wasn't in awe of him but then why should he have been? Had his own legacy and career to make.

That aggro sold tickets though, can't deny that. The pub I went to was packed (pro Groves in South Wales as you'd expect).

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

In terms of conduct though Truss I don't mind the needley stuff. Someone like Ali went over the top with the racist slurs. Bhop burning the flag almost caused country-wide riots. Tyson, well most of the stuff he said.

As they say though sticks and stones break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Then again that didn't apply to BHop. Silly man. Worked though, got Tito to fight completely the wrong fight. When he fought DLH I vaguely remember the latter reminiscing how nice he was, only after the fight he realised it was because BHop didn't want him fighting mad apparently.

As long as the pre fight stuff doesn't involve Tyson Fury (who has a negative count of brain cells) then I'm all for a bit of "you were Poopie in sparring years ago and I'm going to smack you sideways infront of your family etc etc".

I can't see FMJ vs Manny being a quiet affair. Sadly the missus wants us to go to effing AUS around that time, as well as going to Turkey for a mates wedding means I have got eff all chance of getting over there for the biggest fight of our generation. Bitch.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

I don't think Tito fought the wrong fight..........

Tito wasn't exactly Sugar ray was he ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

Coxy001 wrote:In terms of conduct though Truss I don't mind the needley stuff. Someone like Ali went over the top with the racist slurs. Bhop burning the flag almost caused country-wide riots. Tyson, well most of the stuff he said.

As they say though sticks and stones break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Then again that didn't apply to BHop. Silly man. Worked though, got Tito to fight completely the wrong fight. When he fought DLH I vaguely remember the latter reminiscing how nice he was, only after the fight he realised it was because BHop didn't want him fighting mad apparently.

As long as the pre fight stuff doesn't involve Tyson Fury (who has a negative count of brain cells) then I'm all for a bit of "you were Poopie in sparring years ago and I'm going to smack you sideways infront of your family etc etc".

I can't see FMJ vs Manny being a quiet affair. Sadly the missus wants us to go to effing AUS around that time, as well as going to Turkey for a mates wedding means I have got eff all chance of getting over there for the biggest fight of our generation. Bitch.
ROLF HARRIS THOUGHT THAT JUST BEFORE THE WORDS "YOU ARE ACCUSED OF BEING A KIDDLE FIDDLER" WERE UTTERED

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:55 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:In terms of conduct though Truss I don't mind the needley stuff. Someone like Ali went over the top with the racist slurs. Bhop burning the flag almost caused country-wide riots. Tyson, well most of the stuff he said.

ROLF HARRIS THOUGHT THAT JUST BEFORE THE WORDS "YOU ARE ACCUSED OF BEING A KIDDLE FIDDLER" WERE UTTERED

You'd have to be a bit of a wally to train with a plan for weeks on end and then throw it out of the window because of some verbal abuse or a stupid stunt like ripping a flag..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 20 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

All the mind games and talk only work if the other person engages you.

Hopkins: I've never lost to a white person. I will never let a white boy beat me!
Calzaghe: Yeah, me either.

Smile.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down