The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

+17
Dipper Brown
Coxy001
hazharrison
Strongback
milkyboy
captain carrantuohil
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
titaniumjaw
Derbymanc
Steffan
AdamT
RanjitPatel
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
tunes666
Kareem61
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!! Empty Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

Post by Kareem61 Fri 20 Feb - 23:25

Just been announced that the biggest fight of the last 25 years is on!

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!! Empty Re: Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

Post by tunes666 Sat 21 Feb - 10:57

Bit of an anti climax if you ask me, Floyd has clearly waited for Manny to age as the style he had was never going to carry through his mid late 30s, and he has clearly been in decline, the fight should have happened 4 or 5 years ago where t really did carry a potent anticipation to it and where Manny looked like he could really give Floyd a run for his money.

I guess Floyds more vulnerable showings recently might add a little curiosity to the clash but its clear he should out box Manny who no longer has the same work rate.

Khan is now the threat and not surprisingly he has now side stepped him and felt he is now ready for the Manny fight...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 21 Feb - 20:34

Complete D**khead you are..

If he'd fought Khan you'd say he was ducking Manny..

What a prat..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 21 Feb - 20:36

tunes666 wrote:Bit of an anti climax if you ask me, Floyd has clearly waited for Manny to age as the style he had was never going to carry through his mid late 30s, and he has clearly been in decline, the fight should have happened 4 or 5 years ago where t really did carry a potent anticipation to it and where Manny looked like he could really give Floyd a run for his money.

I guess Floyds more vulnerable showings recently might add a little curiosity to the clash but its clear he should out box Manny who no longer has the same work rate.

Khan is now the threat and not surprisingly he has now side stepped him and felt he is now ready for the Manny fight...

Total and utter bo to the lox

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 21 Feb - 21:04

The only fights for me where you could say that Pacquaio has aged would be the two Marquez fights but he struggled with Marquez prior to his move to welter. I'm not saying they're both as good as they've always been but it's still the biggest fight out there and between arguably the two best fighter.

Some people would probably prefer that it doesn't happen so they can continue to moan.

One other thing, I've read on here of people boycotting the fight as it's happening 5 years to late. If you don't watch this fight then you're not a boxing fan.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sat 21 Feb - 23:03

Have to agree with Truss here, you are an utter richard head tunes.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 21 Feb - 23:17

Can't understand some people.

Floyd avoids Manny then he is afraid of him. He fights him? Manny must be over the hill.

Floyd has his haters. Sure WHEN he beats Manny he will be accused of ducking GGG at 154. While were on that note, if Floyd fought GGG and beat him at 154 people would accuse him of draining him.

Sometimes I think if Floyd knocked out Klits he still wouldn't get his due.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 22 Feb - 0:20

Personally I think Floyd is ducking Amir Khan. He has gone for the easy option by fighting the Pooch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 10:28

RanjitPatel wrote:The only fights for me where you could say that Pacquaio has aged would be the two Marquez fights but he struggled with Marquez prior to his move to welter. I'm not saying they're both as good as they've always been but it's still the biggest fight out there and between arguably the two best fighter.

Some people would probably prefer that it doesn't happen so they can continue to moan.

One other thing, I've read on here of people boycotting the fight as it's happening 5 years to late. If you don't watch this fight then you're not a boxing fan.

On the other hand I could say your not a boxing fan cause by watching and paying for this fight your accepting and agreeing witht he fact that the best don't fight the best until the tail end of their careers.

So well done Ranjit, the likes of you is the reason our sport is in the state it is

Prat...............................................

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Sun 22 Feb - 10:29

It does make laugh when people say floyd is ducking Khan. Floyd beats khan 100 times out of a 100.

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 10:37

AdamT wrote:Can't understand some people.

Floyd avoids Manny then he is afraid of him. He fights him? Manny must be over the hill.

Floyd has his haters. Sure WHEN he beats Manny he will be accused of ducking GGG at 154. While were on that note, if Floyd fought GGG and beat him at 154 people would accuse him of draining him.

Sometimes I think if Floyd knocked out Klits he still wouldn't get his due.

Its not that hard to work out. If Mayweather had taken this fight 5 years ago he wouldnt have this issue.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 10:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Complete D**khead you are..

If he'd fought Khan you'd say he was ducking Manny..

What a prat..

What a stupid post, and ironic your calling me a D1ckhead and a prat..

Im not sure where you get your psychic messages from but you need to take a rain check with them, as your talking Love sacks.

If you think Im the only one who thinks the fight it past its sell by date then your alluding your self. Its also not my opinion that he ducked Khan, it was a fact when he done it, ignoring his own pole and fighting Maidana, twice, then when Khan has one of his best wins all of a sudden Manny is on the menu,  side steps him for a fighter who apparently now is not taking drugs and no issues there.. funny enough after Manny lost a couple fights. It is all very convenient for his reach for 50/0. Wake up and smell the coffee.

The problem is with Floyd fans is when he farts they think its Mozart..

Last edited by tunes666 on Sun 22 Feb - 11:01; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Feb - 10:52

The reality is probably Tunes that 99% of boxing fans would rather see Mayweather fight Pacquiao and they also think that Pacquiao is still a better boxer. His recent win over Bradley is better than Khan's over Alexander for example.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 10:55

Kareem61 wrote:Have to agree with Truss here, you are an utter richard head tunes.
Given the religion that is Floyd I was not expecting a bunch of flowers Smile

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:00

titaniumjaw wrote:It does make laugh when people say floyd is ducking Khan. Floyd beats khan 100 times out of a 100.
But its not an opinion that he ducked him, ignoring the results of a pole he organised him self, is , well, ducking!... taking into account Khan has then gone on to look an even better fighter, only to be ignored again means that Floyd would rather fight an older smaller guy and I will bet you my last penny if Khan continues to fight well there is no way in hell Floyd will fight him before he retires..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 11:00

Can you say why you think Khan deserves this fight ahead of Manny?

I won't be watching it and have stated my disappointment a few times on the whole issue but can't see why Floyd or Manny would pick any other opponent................

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:08

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The reality is probably Tunes that 99% of boxing fans would rather see Mayweather fight Pacquiao and they also think that Pacquiao is still a better boxer. His recent win over Bradley is better than Khan's over Alexander for example.
So what! Manny deserving the shot has only ever been played down by Floyd for years!.. why were Manny's brilliant wins over Cotto, Hatton and ODH not good enough 5 or so years ago?

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:10

Derbymanc wrote:Can  you say why you think Khan deserves this fight ahead of Manny?

I won't be watching it and have stated my disappointment a few times on the whole issue but can't see why Floyd or Manny would pick any other opponent................

No one is saying Manny does not deserve the shot.. he has deserved it for many years now.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Feb - 11:11

The bottom line is this Tunes; Pacquiao is still a better boxer than Khan, you cannot be ducking somebody when you take on someone better. The fight taking place five years too late doesn't suddenly make Khan a better option, he is not, he has one win of note since losing to Garcia.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 11:13

But why do you think Khan deserves the shot ahead of Manny (Your the one that says May is sidestepping btw)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 22 Feb - 11:19

Ffs Manny's team are as much to blame for the fight not happening 5 years ago.

Pacquiao only ever properly called out Floyd recently.

I wish the fight had of happened already but as the 2 guys are in my opinion, still the top guys, I am relishing the fight.

It's no secret I think Floyd will win but Manny has made a career of overcoming the odds. Perhaps he can again.

Great fight and about time. Roll on May 2nd!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:25

Derbymanc wrote:But why do you think Khan deserves the shot ahead of Manny (Your the one that says May is sidestepping btw)
I never said that. I said that its convenient for Floyd to pick manny over Khan NOW, when the fight is no longer as potent. Khan is at his peake, much more risky.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 11:27

So basically your using any excuse to have a pop at Floyd, clap

Congratulations your point is as Valid as the myriad of excuses a certain other poster elsewhere has started.

Jaysus, some people don't half clutch at straws.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:30

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The bottom line is this Tunes; Pacquiao is still a better boxer than Khan,
Thats your opinion, not all agree.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 22 Feb - 11:33

Derbymanc wrote:So basically your using any excuse to have a pop at Floyd, clap

Congratulations your point is as Valid as the myriad of excuses a certain other poster elsewhere has started.

Jaysus, some people don't half clutch at straws.
Not a case of having a pop, he is the best fighter of our Gen. But the best should fight the best not just focus on keeping an 0 intact.

Its boring.

Everyone knows Floyd will win now...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 11:34

Yep your right Tunes, the amount of articles decrying the Manny/Floyd fight and shouting that it should be Khan instead is ridiculous, I mean the minute you stick the news on or turn on the computer they all jump out at you

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Feb - 11:36

You think everyone knows that, when in fact nobody does.

I THINK Mayweather will beat Pacquiao but I don't KNOW if he will.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 11:37

The reason the fight is happening now is because Pacquiao has faded as a fighter, will take less money and Mayweather has run out of alternatives that can satisfy the mega money SHowtime invested in him. De la Hoya's decision to challenge Mayweather commercially with Alvarez also forced his hand. I dont think even now, Mayweather wants this fight.

When Pacquiao was wiing the floor with Hatton and Cotto and chasing Mosley out of the ring Mayweather didnt want to go near him. Not even for the richest purse in history. He actively sought ways of derailing the fight.

Il watch the fight for sure, but its impossible not be cynical when it comes to Mayweather and his career.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun 22 Feb - 11:44

I didn't know floyd was religious. What are you insinuating tunes?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 22 Feb - 11:52

Derbymanc, you're a boxing fan who comments on a boxing forum every day but when the biggest fight in boxing actually happens you won't watch it?

I don't want to carry on the childish prat calling. You said nothing as a response other than make a bigger fool of yourself.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 11:58

I said in my response exactly what I had to say. Your the worst type of fan for any sport, the kind that tries to dictate to others what they have to do to be called a fan.
Any and every sport is better without the likes of you.

(For the record, watch the fight, don't watch it, Gloat over the old timers or hate them. Be able to spout the history of x, y and z belt or you don't care cause your in the now. We're all fans in our own way and noone (other than the elitist prats) can tell you otherwise.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 22 Feb - 12:34

Yeah I'm the worst type of fan because I want to watch the fight. Disgraceful of me.

You've spent your time on this thread arguing with tunes about why they should fight and Khan not get the shot.
You'll watch it.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 22 Feb - 12:54

Just for info, your the one that stated people who won't watch this fight aren't real fans.

Therefore your the one making the stipulations on what makes a fan or not Ergo making you an elitist prat.

I've stated for a long time now that I won't watch the fight as neither one deserves my money. Doesn't mean I won't take an interest in it nor check out who wins.

If I happen to be at work where it's paid for and it's on at a decent hour then i'll watch it, if i'm at home then I won't.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Sun 22 Feb - 13:16

I shall watch it, no question - despite the caveats that go with it, it's still arguably the most important contest since Tyson destroyed Spinks to settle once and for all the identity of the true heavyweight champion.

I have also said, however, that I shall feel more than a pang as I watch. Boxing may just get transcended a little in the days leading up to the fight; had the fight taken place four years ago, I really believe that Floyd-Manny could have heralded a permanent renaissance in the general public's perception of the sport. In 2011, both men were making the best of the rest look inadequate; back then, the fight would have represented a meeting of super-powers with the winner guaranteed a place as one of the greatest, most significant sportsmen, never mind boxers, of all time. Now?

Yes, these are still the premier practitioners of their sport. Does that not say more about the current state of boxing than anything else, though? Where arguably the p for p number 3 has barely fought over the past three years because of legal battles? Where another claimant is so accomplished that the lineal champion of his division point-blank refuses to fight him? Where a colossal clash between big-hitting light-heavyweight champions looks further away than ever? Both Manny and Floyd have clearly slipped in performance since their absolute prime and yet they bestride the boxing scene without challenge. If they didn't exist, we would all be forced to subsist on the slimmest of pickings.

Manny and Floyd could have made things different if they had fought five years ago. They, and only they, are responsible for the loss of a historic opportunity to help the profile of their sport. We will get a brief spike in interest now, but that will be that. As the two relatively elderly practitioners then ride off into the sunset to count their money, what will be left for those of us who enjoy the sport? I worry for the future and it's a reason why I shall find the fight to be such a bitter-sweet experience.

Last edited by captain carrantuohil on Sun 22 Feb - 14:24; edited 1 time in total

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 22 Feb - 14:15

I think bittersweet is the word. I'll watch it, for sure but you feel the result carries a caveat whatever happens. A caveat that wasn't there had they met 5 years ago.

For the record I thought floyd would win then, and I think he wins now. Maidana might have Roughed him up, but manny won't do that. It may take a few rounds to adjust to his rhythm, but I expect mayweather to nullify manny and counter him, like Marquez did only better. Would love to be wrong, and to be fair, I regularly am.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb - 15:34

Interesting post Captain, I suppose Floyd will justify delaying the fight as the package to be split is now reported to be $400M. Floyd truly is boxings finest example of football style player power. That's probably not a bad thing given the mistreatment of fighters by their management and promoters throughout the history of boxing. It has also meant that beyond the initial shenanigans Floyd has also decided when he will fight Pacquiao.

A fighter doing his own match making is good for the fighter but not always great for the fans or the sport.

In terms of the impact the Floyd-Pac saga has had I agree it does seem avoiding fights has become more acceptable in recent times.

A 180 degree analogy would be when Spain won the World Cup and attacking football became the order of the day. It is amazing how the direction of a sport can balance so delicately on a few key results or the actions of its practitioners.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 22 Feb - 15:42

Manny can win but I think Floyd being naturally the bigger man with a reach will be too much for Pacquiao.

Let be honest, Manny won't bully Floyd onto the ropes and that would be his best chance for his volume punching.

Manny won't have the luxury of darting in and out without eating well timed right counters.

I honestly think Floyd will bully this version of Manny and slowly pick him apart and if Manny gets desperate, Floyd will force a stoppage. The Manny that busted up Cotto would of had a better chance but even then I would of picked Floyd to edge a decision.

Of course this is only my opinion but I am betting on a stoppage.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb - 16:00

AdamT wrote:Manny can win but I think Floyd being naturally the bigger man with a reach will be too much for Pacquiao.

Let be honest, Manny won't bully Floyd onto the ropes and that would be his best chance for his volume punching.

Manny won't have the luxury of darting in and out without eating well timed right counters.

I honestly think Floyd will bully this version of Manny and slowly pick him apart and if Manny gets desperate, Floyd will force a stoppage. The Manny that busted up Cotto would of had a better chance but even then I would of picked Floyd to edge a decision.

Of course this is only my opinion but I am betting on a stoppage.

I think what you have described is the most likely scenario but Manny still has very fast hands and is mobile. Floyd has been forced to trade more in recent fights as his legs are not what they were. If Paquaiao gets in range and they trade the quality of his punches will be a lot better than Maidana's. Then there is Floyd's shoulder roll defence which hasn't adapted so well to south paws.

It all depends how mobile Floyd is, if he can maintain the distance he wins comfortably for me. If he can't he's in for a hell of a ride.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb - 16:02

catchweight wrote:The reason the fight is happening now is because Pacquiao has faded as a fighter, will take less money and Mayweather has run out of alternatives that can satisfy the mega money SHowtime invested in him. De la Hoya's decision to challenge Mayweather commercially with Alvarez also forced his hand. I dont think even now, Mayweather wants this fight.

When Pacquiao was wiing the floor with Hatton and Cotto and chasing Mosley out of the ring Mayweather didnt want to go near him. Not even for the richest purse in history. He actively sought ways of derailing the fight.

Il watch the fight for sure, but its impossible not be cynical when it comes to Mayweather and his career.

He's never beaten anybody according you.........

If you'd been around 40 years ago..................It would have been..............

Ali is overrated................"Liston threw both, Frazier was sloppy seconds, Foreman was green..........."

You're just a bitter person who's always 100% negative !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 16:11

I wouldnt let it get to you so much. You will give yourself a heart attack. I guess some Mayweather fans must be a little edgy right now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb - 16:16

Liston threw the 2nd fight. A blind man could smell that.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb - 16:18

Strongback wrote:Liston threw the 2nd fight. A blind man could smell that.

Really ???? Well you've changed my mind !!. Ali is s**t !!

"I like GGG... so he's wonderful and Murray shows he's super duper !!................But I don't like that naughty waughty Ali or Floyd there naughty boys !!.. so all there wins are rubbish......"...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 22 Feb - 16:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 16:28

Looks like someone is going into meltdown. It ok though, Mayweather taking on a faded Pacquaio is certainly stressful. What if......No I wont say it. I wont even think about. Deep breaths.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb - 16:30

You won't melt me down.......

You amuse me !! Cool ...........You're so negative !!...........

Bullied at school is my guess............Am I right ?? thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 16:33

Calm down. The fight is months away. And Mayweather should win. Its not the Pacquaio from 5 years ago he is up against. No need to get in a tizzy just yet.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb - 16:34

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:Liston threw the 2nd fight. A blind man could smell that.

Really ???? Well you've changed my mind !!.  Ali is s**t !!

"I like GGG... so he's wonderful and Murray shows he's super duper !!................But I don't like that naughty waughty Ali or Floyd there naughty boys !!.. so all there wins are rubbish......"...

"naughty waughty ".....................you crack me up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb - 16:35

I'm not slumming it !!............

Enough now.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb - 16:36

Thats better

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 22 Feb - 16:37

catchweight wrote:Calm down. The fight is months away. And Mayweather should win. Its not the Pacquaio from 5 years ago he is up against. No need to get in a tizzy just yet.

Exactly. Once again he's an odds on favourite (as he always is). No need for the Floyd fans to panic.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb - 16:42

hazharrison wrote:
catchweight wrote:Calm down. The fight is months away. And Mayweather should win. Its not the Pacquaio from 5 years ago he is up against. No need to get in a tizzy just yet.

Exactly. Once again he's an odds on favourite (as he always is). No need for the Floyd fans to panic.

You see you harping on about a Murray win ....and puking on May v Manny.......

Manny is a current top 4 p4per...........Where is Murray in the list ???????????????????????

Makes you look pathetic !!.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next