The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

+17
Dipper Brown
Coxy001
hazharrison
Strongback
milkyboy
captain carrantuohil
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
titaniumjaw
Derbymanc
Steffan
AdamT
RanjitPatel
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
tunes666
Kareem61
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!! - Page 2 Empty Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

Post by Kareem61 Fri 20 Feb 2015, 11:25 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just been announced that the biggest fight of the last 25 years is on!

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Mayweather v Pac is on!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather v Pac is on!!!!

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:44 pm

Floyd's 1/3 to win with the bookies.

Worth a bet on Pac at 5/2?

I suspect the gap will close up a bit when the real betting starts.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

In fairness to Haz, Strongy...He does know something about the sport....

You're surplus to requirements..

As regards Haz...........He's worried that a modern fighter might be regarded in the same breath as one of his beloved legends....you know the ones that used to fight for the glory of the sport and weren't interested in mundane things like feeding loved ones.....!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

These bitter posters dear oh dear...........

Mayweather shouldn't fight the 4th best p4per on the planet.

Because he's a favorite !!

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

The World has gone mad..............

PITIFUL !!!!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Feb 2015, 4:54 pm

Looks like the medication wore off. That was fast!

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:00 pm

Yep...... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In fairness to Haz, Strongy...He does know something about the sport....

As regards Haz...........He's worried that a modern fighter might be regarded in the same breath as one of his beloved legends....you know the ones  that used to fight for the glory of the sport and weren't interested in mundane things like feeding loved ones.....!!!!!

Not if the modern guy deserves it.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:21 pm

Let's cool it............

You won't give Mayweather credit for anything..........

I rate him............

Agree to disagree...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 22 Feb 2015, 5:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:In fairness to Haz, Strongy...He does know something about the sport....

Azumah and the Fight Doctor exposed you as a fraud many years ago.

You've expanded your repertoire of regurgitated 80's fights stories from about 6 to 12 over the last 7 or 8 years.

Basically you are a garden variety WUM. When it gets down to the actually boxing you're nowhere to be seen.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 11:20 am

Just read that the cheapest ticket, wait for this, to the fight will be $1000

And the most expensive.....

$250,000

Sweet. Mother. Of. Zeus.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 24 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

Pocket change to Strongy Coxy, maybe he can get some tickets for us all Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 11:30 am

Derbymanc wrote:Pocket change to Strongy Coxy, maybe he can get some tickets for us all Wink

Yup, ringside for 30 of us. Only comes to $7,500,000. Would fully hope that he charters a private jet, VIP suites @ The MGM and £500,000 each spending money.

We can put up with having to read menus for him, count his chips for him and so forth. He struggles with such things.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 11:41 am

Strongback wrote:

Azumah and the Fight Doctor exposed you as a fraud many years ago.

You've expanded your repertoire of regurgitated 80's fights stories from about 6 to 12 over the last 7 or 8 years.  

Basically you are a garden variety WUM.  When it gets down to the actually boxing you're nowhere to be seen.

I hate it when people beat around the bush !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:08 pm

5 years ago I would have said it was a 45/55 fight in Floyds favour (maybe even 50/50), Now I call it an 80/20 in Floyds favour...

I will watch it purely because there is always the chance that Floyd also starts to dip form, as his showing against Maidana may have hinted.

But Floyd's style was always going to age better than Manny's..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm

tunes666 wrote:5 years ago I would have said it was a 45/55 fight in Floyds favour (maybe even 50/50), Now I call it an 80/20 in Floyds favour...

I will watch it purely because there is always the chance that Floyd also starts to dip form, as his showing against Maidana may have hinted.

In other words you don't like Floyd so beating a fellow legend who is ranked 4th in the P4p list is bollox..

We get you !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:5 years ago I would have said it was a 45/55 fight in Floyds favour (maybe even 50/50), Now I call it an 80/20 in Floyds favour...

In other words you don't like Floyd so beating a fellow legend who is ranked 4th in the P4p list is bollox..

We get you !! thumbsup

Your right, I dont like Floyd and his corporate image, I have 10 houses and only box for money vibe, and would love for someone to knock him out.
But that's not why I an not hyped about this fight. Im not hyped about it because it was blatantly put on hold to favour Floyds chances and has happened 5 years too late... simple as that. I'm not interested in how Floyd gets to 50/0. He is no doubt the best of our Gen, But other ATG fighters had losses for a very good reason.

It has nothing to do with rankings, since when has Floyd looked at rankings? Khan is the highest Ranked fighter under Floyd for both the WBC and WBA... Manny was top ranked for all belts when Floyd started all those Drug rumours to get out of the fight...

I just do not like Floyd Lording up with this fight when for the past 5-6 years he has dodged it. Manny gets KOed and struggles in a couple fights and bang, Floyds on the scene.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:30 pm

tunes666 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

We get you !! thumbsup

Your right, I dont like Floyd and his corporate image, I have 10 houses and only box for money vibe, and would love for someone to knock him out.
But that's not why I an not hyped about this fight.  Im not hyped about it because it was blatantly put on hold to favour Floyds chances and has happened 5 years too late... simple as that.  I'm not interested in how Floyd gets to 50/0. He is no doubt the best of our Gen, But other ATG fighters had losses for a very good reason.

It has nothing to do with rankings, since when has Floyd looked at rankings? Khan is the highest Ranked fighter under Floyd for both the WBC and WBA... Manny was top ranked for all belts when Floyd started all those Drug rumours to get out of the fight...

I just do not like Floyd Lording up with this fight when for the past 5-6 years he has dodged it. Manny gets KOed and struggles in a couple fights and bang, Floyds on the scene.

You're crazy...................It's not a gimme fight...........

I think Manny's workrate will be too much......

If beating the 4th best fighter in the World is meaningless !!........Then there is not much point you following Boxing really is there ????

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:52 pm

Tunes, you do know that as WBO champion Pacquiao isn't afforded a ranking by the WBC or WBA, the same as Thurman for the WBC and Brook for both.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 6:58 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Tunes, you do know that as WBO champion Pacquiao isn't afforded a ranking by the WBC or WBA, the same as Thurman for the WBC and Brook for both.
I think you missed the part where I said "it has nothing to do with rankings" ... im sure you don't even bother to read my posts before you reply to them..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 24 Feb 2015, 7:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

We get you !! thumbsup

But that's not why I an not hyped about this fight.  Im not hyped about it because it was blatantly put on hold to favour Floyds chances and has happened 5 years too late... simple as that.  I'm not interested in how Floyd gets to 50/0. He is no doubt the best of our Gen, But other ATG fighters had losses for a very good reason.

You're crazy...................It's not a gimme fight...........

I think Manny's workrate will be too much......

If beating the 4th best fighter in the World is meaningless !!........Then there is not much point you following Boxing really is there ????

4th best?, hmmm I am not so sure about that now.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 24 Feb 2015, 7:42 pm

I swear everytime I see this topic bumped up I read it as 'Mayweather v Pac is off!'. My heart goes every single time!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:12 pm

Don't shoot the messenger but there are rumours that this fight could cost £60 on PPV in the UK.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:15 pm

I reckon that's just you sounding everyone out for Eddie Wink

They can EFF off for 60 quid anyway.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

My source is a very well dressed man, has that public school boy image Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:22 pm

Sixty quid and I'll stream it. Hook it up to the telly.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 1:37 pm

Aaaah must be Strongy then Wink

Seriously though, have to be careful with things like this cause in other promoters eyes it suddenly becomes a really good idea to properly drag out a rivalary (and make it seem worse) and then charge top dollar for it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I reckon that's just you sounding everyone out for Eddie Wink

They can EFF off for 60 quid anyway.

Tightarse.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:54 pm

hampo171 wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but there are rumours that this fight could cost £60 on PPV in the UK.

Would anyone on here actually buy that?

Ridiculous price unless there were a dozen or so of you to spread the cost.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

Only for you Coxy Wink

People will buy it as it's 'the fight of the century' or however they'll bill it. I'll wait for JBW's fight thread instead thank you, get more information than listening to the sky commentary too.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 3:05 pm

hazharrison wrote:
hampo171 wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but there are rumours that this fight could cost £60 on PPV in the UK.

If you save £6 per week for 10 weeks then the hit wouldn't be "that" bad... Only 1.5 pints a week you don't have to drink (unless of course you don't drink, which means cut down on the diet cokes).

Heard that Sky will have to spend £5-8m for the rights to broadcast the fight... Which is only 80k or so PPV buys @ £60 (for a £5m rights purchase). But they do then have to ship and house those Meat trombone soloist they call the Sky broadcast team in Vegas I guess. And am guessing they'll have a slice of the PPV money taken off of them as well.

I for one will be forking out for it and getting mates round for poker, beer then boxing. Gives the missus an excuse to go and have a girls night out and get legless, with any luck some foreign guy will abduct her.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 3:13 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

If you save £6 per week for 10 weeks then the hit wouldn't be "that" bad... Only 1.5 pints a week you don't have to drink (unless of course you don't drink, which means cut down on the diet cokes).

Heard that Sky will have to spend £5-8m for the rights to broadcast the fight... Which is only 80k or so PPV buys @ £60 (for a £5m rights purchase). But they do then have to ship and house those Meat trombone soloist they call the Sky broadcast team in Vegas I guess. And am guessing they'll have a slice of the PPV money taken off of them as well.

I for one will be forking out for it and getting mates round for poker, beer then boxing. Gives the missus an excuse to go and have a girls night out and get legless, with any luck some foreign guy will abduct her.

Only way to do it - getting a house full round.

Better to get a good night's sleep and google it the next day.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 3:18 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Only way to do it - getting a house full round.

Better to get a good night's sleep and google it the next day.

Truss prefers boxrec.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 25 Feb 2015, 3:37 pm

Boxrecs gone rubbish lately, takes em ages to update it

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:24 pm

Is anyone thinking Manny will roll the years back? Could he be hungrier and sharper than he has been for a while. He looked in his best condition in ages for Marquez 4 but I think the KO dented his confidence and motivation.

I dont think he will be as respectful of Flloyds power as some of the naturally larger guys hes fought the past 5 years either. Expect him to come all guns blazing.

Dont mind who wins, but boxing could really do with a competitive non controversial fight.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:43 pm

I'd pay £60 for the fight if it wasn't broadcast on a Murdock channel.

In the end I'll watch for free.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 26 Feb 2015, 7:48 am

I'd have thought the £60 figure is the result of someone crudely calculating the exchange rate on what the Americans are paying and rounding down.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:16 am

That boxing, and the powers that be were unable to force this fight some five years ago when it had a whole lot more meaning than it will have on May 2nd is the reason that I am reluctant to pay for this fight.

That they are both now considered to have lost a step means that I wouldn't be too bothered if I got stuck in traffic and had to listen to it on the radio. Five years ago hell or high water wouldn't have stopped me or anyone else from getting to a screen to see it live.

We as fans have been cheated really and honestly a part of me hopes that the fight won't do as well as expected.

And what were Showtime thinking paying Mayweather up front. Stupidest decision in the history of boxing.

I feel a bit conned and the whole thing has left a sour taste. Just can't get as excited for it as everyone else. Absolute stain this fight is happening too late.

Floyd by boring, boring foul infested ud, hell maybe he'll bring Cortez out of retirement. Five years ago Manny kills him. Just a hope though the supercharged atmosphere can take five years off Manny, there'll be a lot of adrenaline in the house. If Manny is back to his best he wins for me simple as that.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:21 am

Herman Jaggery wrote:That boxing, and the powers that be were unable to force this fight some five years ago when it had a whole lot more meaning than it will have on May 2nd is the reason that I am reluctant to pay for this fight.

That they are both now considered to have lost a step means that I wouldn't be too bothered if I got stuck in traffic and had to listen to it on the radio. Five years ago hell or high water wouldn't have stopped me or anyone else from getting to a screen to see it live.

We as fans have been cheated really and honestly a part of me hopes that the fight won't do as well as expected.

And what were Showtime thinking paying Mayweather up front. Stupidest decision in the history of boxing.

I feel a bit conned and the whole thing has left a sour taste. Just can't get as excited for it as everyone else. Absolute stain this fight is happening too late.

Floyd by boring, boring foul infested ud, hell maybe he'll bring Cortez out of retirement. Five years ago Manny kills him. Just a hope though the supercharged atmosphere can take five years off Manny, there'll be a lot of adrenaline in the house. If Manny is back to his best he wins for me simple as that.

Your last paragraph shows the real reason you supposedly feel conned Mate..!!!!!!

Another Floyd hater scared he might enhance his legacy.......

Don't be so transparent !!. Until the last paragraph you were doing ...So well !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:38 am

Yeah won't deny it Truss, can live with his vulgarity or ostentation or whatever you want to call it, but just can't get over Uncle Roger making the ped accusations in the wake of Manny's chilling ko of Hatton. All because his nephew had a case of the runs.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:39 am

Both were to blame Herman, don't forget that the heavily tattooed Pacquiao was afraid of needles and making a host of excuses why he couldn't take a blood test.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:43 am

Well if team Mayweather were going to play silly buggers then so was Manny...

They had to urine on Manny's parade didn't they. Just lovely. Their little egos just couldn't take it.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:54 am

It works the same the other way, the ego of Manny and Arum also got in the way, bit one eyed to place all the blame on one person when the other party wasn't aggressively pursuing the fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:08 am

They're both at fault, how come all of a sudden with faltering PPV sales is this suddenly forced through (although I've not seen it anywhere that showtime are unhappy bar from on forums)

Too many excuses (ridiculous ones at that) from both sides to say it's anything but both sides fault. Other than wanting Mayweather to completely squash Pac (I have my reasons Wink) and the last paragraph pretty much feel the same as Herman.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:15 am

Look let's all agree it was better in 2009...........

But let's be honest it's two top four fighters facing off and that means something.......

If it doesn't BOXING IS MEANINGLESS......

I know there is an irrational, blinded by his bitterness poster who thinks Murray is a b etter win that Manny...

But can the rest of us not see sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:29 am

Who said it's meaningless Truss?

I said it meant more years ago and that it could also have bad consequences for the rest of boxing. I've been saying that since it wasn't signed and every time it pops up again.

No agenda against Floyd, nor Manny as I blame the pair of them. I don't see how people can't see that at the end of the day it's the fans that have lost out with all this???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:20 pm

The purse for Mayweather-Pacquiao is 250M, that is what the UFC paid all their fighters combined between 2005-2011.

Is boxing really dying like some claim?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:22 pm

hampo171 wrote:The purse for Mayweather-Pacquiao is 250M, that is what the UFC paid all their fighters combined between 2005-2011.

Is boxing really dying like some claim?

Nope. But we'll be inundated with "the last great fight in a dying sport" type articles from hacks who are usually nowhere near a boxing ring.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:31 pm

Nah is it eck Hampo, it's been said year after year that boxings on it's last legs and UFC/MMA is 'just about' to take it's mantle.'

I think we could be about to enter a very cynical time in the sport and possibly a bit of a downturn but that will solely depend on the aftermath of this fight.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:37 pm

I've got some good news for everybody. Boxing is getting another belt!

http://www.v2boxing.co.uk/#!Mayweather-vs-Pacquiao-Gets-A-Special-Belt/c1xmj/0554F6EA-FFEA-4D49-BB73-554D37E23D25

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:40 pm

Brilliant, I was just talking to the missus about how we don't have enough belts.

FFS steam

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm

not sure if this has been posted but.... here's hattons thoughts on the upcoming fight.

He also has a bit to say about khan.

Have to say I agree with every word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpRy1a36K7A

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2