The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido

+9
3fingers
Kareem61
Strongback
catchweight
AdamT
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
13 posters

Go down

On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido Empty On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 5:59 pm

http://ucnlive.com/square-jungle-golovkin-middleweight-scene-mayweather-pacquiao-salido/

Cracking column here.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido Empty Re: On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm

Yet another awfully written and one eyed article, adding nothing to any debate, the first sentence sums up the level of the writer.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido Empty Re: On Golovkin, the middleweight scene, Mayweather-Pacquiao and Salido

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Yet another awfully written and one eyed article, adding nothing to any debate, the first sentence sums up the level of the writer.

There aren't many better writers/columnists/erudite boxing people than Acevedo.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:48 pm

It's becoming a crusade now......

We know how you a feel Mate..

just calm down..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's becoming a crusade now......

just calm down..

A crusade? I find good articles/video and link them in here. What's the issue?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:55 pm

You have a high regard for Boxing writers .............Personally I think Windy, Chris, Captain, Rowley, Hammer types have probably forgotten more than these guys will ever know !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You have a high regard for Boxing writers .............Personally I think Windy, Chris, Captain, Rowley, Hammer types have probably forgotten more than these guys will ever know !!

Probably means you should start reading more widely if you think 606 is the font of all knowledge (with all due respect to Chris, Cap and Rowley).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm

Truss check your PMs mate.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:37 pm

I think there a number of knowledgeable guys on here. The captain especially knows his stuff.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:50 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's becoming a crusade now......

just calm down..
Calm down? You're the one getting all Italian on us

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 7:57 pm

I do love my meat balls..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 8:02 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I do love a my meat a balls..

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 25 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

Good article, pretty spot on.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:13 pm

Lots of boxing wisdom out there. Every site has some knowledgeable people. Some times the views between sites are different though. Mayweather for instance is quite popular here.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Wed 25 Feb 2015, 11:41 pm

It's embarrassing how some people hate on mayweather. An ATG and legend of the sport who is berated and lambasted by some posters who claim to have excellent knowledge yet display complete ignorance and foolhardiness when discussing Floyd. It makes my blood boil but I shan't rise to the bait, they must be wums, what other excuse is there?

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:50 am

Forgot to add that the article is a joke. As previously mentioned by HH, the opening sentence tells you all you need to know about the author. Fingers crossed he suffers some ill fortune in the near future and no longer pollutes the world with his erroneous and biased writings.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:06 am

Flloyd looked imperious in the day...

even if he is in with a breathing punchbag..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec85ZF0wBQc

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:32 am

Kareem61 wrote:It's embarrassing how some people hate on mayweather. An ATG and legend of the sport who is berated and lambasted by some posters who claim to have excellent knowledge yet display complete ignorance and foolhardiness when discussing Floyd. It makes my blood boil but I shan't rise to the bait, they must be wums, what other excuse is there?

Who's "hating on" Mayweather? I don't see it? Calling something straight isn't "hating".

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 26 Feb 2015, 7:56 am

An accurate column from what I read.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 10:51 am

Take out the first paragraph and it's not a bad article, Unfortunately that 1st one is to try and make you think all the problems are Floyds and the writer can hardly hide his vitriol at him.
(My question is why now is Manny and Arum suddenly really pushing for this???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:05 am

Derbymanc wrote:Take out the first paragraph and it's not a bad article, Unfortunately that 1st one is to try and make you think all the problems are Floyds and the writer can hardly hide his vitriol at him.
(My question is why now is Manny and Arum suddenly really pushing for this???

Cashing out?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 26 Feb 2015, 11:10 am

Personally think the PPV buys have hurt them more and there's been a touch of desperation to how much they've tried to force this fight.

Don't for 1 minute think it's 'for the fans'

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:54 pm

Shall I save us all some time between now and May.

Haz trawls the internet and finds an article derogatory to Floyd. Truss posts slagging off the article, the author or Haz or any combination of the three. Strongy and Catch post saying good article. A few others, normally including Adam T post and agree with Truss. An argument ensues. Under no circumstances is anything approaching a new insight or way of looking at the debate stumbled across. Ever.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:57 pm

Can't argue with that summation..... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 26 Feb 2015, 12:59 pm

Could be worse, jeff. You could be modding on JA606 and you never know, keep your head down and your nose clean and one day you might get to mod on a better boxing forum.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

I feel like one of those lawyers who works for the civil service, just biding my time and filling the CV until I can go and work for a proper firm.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 26 Feb 2015, 1:13 pm

Rowley wrote:Shall I save us all some time between now and May.

Haz trawls the internet and finds an article derogatory to Floyd. Truss posts slagging off the article, the author or Haz or any combination of the three. Strongy and Catch post saying good article. A few others, normally including Adam T post and agree with Truss. An argument ensues. Under no circumstances is anything approaching a new insight or way of looking at the debate stumbled across. Ever.

Genuinely haven't trawled the internet looking to stir the pot. Those were two articles that I spotted that looked interesting (along with the McGuigan one and a few vids here and there).

I'll stop linking interesting tidbits if that helps?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down