The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach

4 posters

Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach Empty The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach

Post by Adam D Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:12 pm

http://v2wrestling.com/5/post/2015/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-papa-shango-dont-preach.html

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach 6477914

Welcome back to another edition of the v2 Wrestling podcast and welcome to all of our listeners on TNAsylum.com and the 606v2.com forum.

Please note that we are currently looking for contributors to write for v2Wrestling, so if you want to see your article read by a large audience, make sure to get in touch.

This week the whole team is on the show who are on to talk about the latest news from TNA and WWE, with a soupcon on NXT thrown in.

We kick off the proceedings with a look back at this weeks wrestling news which includes the departure of Samoa Joe and Madonna turning heel. Which also leads us on to this weeks ridiculous question of the week – which Madonna songs could you give a wrestler that would fit in well? Can you beat Bully Ray of Light?

The main points from the show are discussed including the debut of Drew Galloway and the return of Mickey James.

We then move on to NXT and RAW and look at the main talking points from the show. Do you agree with Adam that the PPV model has been destroyed by the introduction of 3 hour RAWs and the WWE Network?

To ask a question or answer any of the above, please email us at wrestling@v2journal.com or contact us through twitter or facebook and please make sure to submit any questions you would like us to discuss!

To listen to the show scroll below or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2015-02-24T14_47_34-08_00

Interview with Jeff Jarrett
Interview with Nigel McGuinness
Interview with Gail Kim
Interview with Bram
Interview with Doug Williams
Interview with Rob Terry
Interview with Chris Daniels 
Hulk Hogan retrospective
Interview with TJ Perkins/ Manik
Interview with MVP
Interview with Snitsky
Interview with Austin Aries
Interview with Lex Luger
The latest v2 Wrestling Podcast

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach

Post by Hero Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Lucky StarDust
True Blue Meanie
Midnight Express Yourself
Oh Godfather
The Real American Pie

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach Empty Re: The V2 Wrestling Podcast - Papa Shango Dont Preach

Post by Adam D Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:44 pm

La Isla Rositta 
La Isla Bon Lita
La Isla John Cena

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:53 pm

I think an interesting factor that I don't think Adam or anyone else mentioned on the transition from PPVs to the Network is the pay structure of the wrestlers.

Through listening to wrestler interviews, seems these PPV bonuses based on the number of buys and where they were on the card was a pretty big deal to them.

Its a lot less clear now who is drawing what. And I'm sure that WWE has some level of bonus and is finding some basis for it. But you just start to wonder what might go through the minds of some of the older wrestlers when if that juicy cheque they'd have got following WM a couple of years ago is gone or a lot smaller this year.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:33 pm

Thats a rumoured reason why Lesnar was annoyed with his pay; he was told he'd get a share of the Mania PPV and recently the wrestlers have had their dividends from Network era PPV money and its down.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:45 pm

Right. I'd not heard either of those, but both make some sense.

I have some sympathy with WWE. They knew that their PPV model was going to get weaker and weaker. And WWE could have just kept going, but I think it was a pretty ballsy move to put together the OTT model.

I strongly suspect that they'd fallen victim to their own hype and expected a much bigger US TV deal to help support that transition (well it's not really been a transition has it, more a complete sudden turn).

As a wrestling fan I think this is a great time. I'm enjoying NXT, Lucha Underground and via the Network I have access to PPVs for a good price and also all that library of material.

But, it really seems that wrestling isn't selling to the mass market. I've not seen Lucha's numbers, but I believe they are not setting the world alight. Impact has its loyal fans, but obviously numbers are down on moving from Spike to Discovery. And WWE have thrown a lot at its Network and just limped to 1M subscribers.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down