The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brock Lesnar at UFC 184

+4
Prometheus
Adam D
Samo
Fernando
8 posters

Go down

Brock Lesnar at UFC 184 Empty Brock Lesnar at UFC 184

Post by Fernando Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:24 am

According to a photo posted on Twitter by Front Row Brian, WWE World Champion Brock Lesnar is sitting ringside at the UFC 184 event tonight in Los Angeles.

This story is sure to turn some heads as Lesnar recently “walked out” of WWE Raw upset over contract negotiations, and is sitting next to UFC President Dana White at 184 tonight. According to live reports, Lesnar was described as having a “huge smile on his face” when he arrived to the event.

Interestingly enough, at the UFC 187 press event which took place earlier today in Las Vegas, Dana White had the following to say when asked about Brock Lesnar:

“When Brock’s contract is up with WWE I’m sure he will call me.”

Brock Lesnar at UFC 184 B--x7poUQAA5ODk

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar at UFC 184 Empty Re: Brock Lesnar at UFC 184

Post by Samo Sun 01 Mar 2015, 10:34 am

As far as im aware the guy he coached on 'The Ultimate Fighter' was fighting and he was there as a fan. Dont think its worth looking any further into, just the timing is interesting.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 01 Mar 2015, 11:11 am

That's one ugly suit.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 01 Mar 2015, 3:23 pm

Adam D wrote:That's one ugly suit.

Isn't that the point? He can wear what he likes and you are not going to go up to him and say "That's one ugly suit" Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 01 Mar 2015, 3:28 pm

Still better then his school suit...

Brock Lesnar at UFC 184 Brock-lesnar-high-school-elite-daily

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

The ever reliable and now somewhat internet famous "MetsFan4Ever" has posted this on the situation:

"The argument that lead to Brock Lesnar storming out of Raw last week was that Brock wanted to go to the UFC show this past weekend and discuss a potential deal with the UFC. Vince McMahon was strongly against this as long as Brock was under WWE contract. Brock stormed out of the building and as we all know, showed up at the UFC show. Unless Vince pulls a miracle off, it is just a matter of time before we see Brock Lesnar headlining another UFC pay-per-view."

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 02 Mar 2015, 1:50 pm

It takes two to tango. But to me it is looking like WWE losing Brock if he goes, when he was theirs to keep.

And WWE may be satisfied with that result. That Brock's draw was not enough for the money he wanted. That he is a man always seeing greener grass somewhere and therefore difficult to manage and plan around.

Personally, I think if he works 5 - 6 PPVs per year. Then this is something I can't see on Raw, so it makes the Network subscription of more value to me. And that does ask the question of what can you do with him if he's not the title holder or #1 contender, but as someone who watches both WWE and UFC for me WWE need Brock more than the UFC.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 02 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm

And NEEEEEWW WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roooooman RRRRReigns.

Could be Lesnar v Goldberg all over again. The crowd could dump all over it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 02 Mar 2015, 4:23 pm

Id say there is a very high chance of it being dumped on especially if D Bryan doesn't win the ladder match or against Sheamus...

WM will be Smarksville central only major fans fork out the money to come to an event like that.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Mar 2015, 4:26 pm

You'd be surprised, you really would. I wasn't near any smarks, and I think that its less smarky in the tourist friendly places.

I don't think the crowd will boo Lesnar. I think they'll see him as some sort of right on rebel for leaving. Leaving isn't a crime any more, fans don't have that loyalty

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 02 Mar 2015, 4:45 pm

WrestleMania usually isnt a smarky event. It Reigns appearing on RAW the next night that I worry about.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 02 Mar 2015, 5:52 pm

Theres a reasonable amount of smark, to make that a term, but there are also plenty of families there. Its ruddy expensive, so the mix is vast. I'd say next year is likely to be more smarky if Austin isnt advertised before any ticket sales (because I could see some old school fans going mental for Austin in Texas). Otherwise, San Fran is far more tourist friendly than Texas so more people will make the jump.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 02 Mar 2015, 9:57 pm

I think the natural competitor in Brock would see him gravitate towards giving  UFC one last shot if he feels 100% healthy but I'm not sure if his family and doctors would agree and I do get the impression that he's a smart guy, he can earn a small fortune for very little risk with WWE, I think he's using UFC to intimidate Vince into giving him what he wants, the problem is the more he toys with the idea, even just fir negotiation purposes, the natural competitor in him might end up being seduced by the thought of going back there to prove himself again.

I can't see it unless UFC offer funny money, the risk in my opinion is far greater than the reward

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Tue 03 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

I can see Brock winning clean and Rollins cashing in to win it - Otherwise what is the point in all the authority story lines and Rollins curb stomping Brock a while ago - I can see Rollins walking away with the title.

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down