The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina

+10
Derbymanc
ShahenshahG
Hammersmith harrier
Kareem61
Coxy001
hazharrison
catchweight
John Bloody Wayne
kingraf
AlexHuckerby
14 posters

Go down

Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina Empty Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Who's everyones pick I'm going for Broner by UD, and going for a Thurman KO.

Reckon Thurman has the power to hurt Guerrero as Mayweather seemed to stun him with a right before injuring his hand and Katsidis was totally dominated but almost had him out at one point. Guerrero's defence seems a bit slack at times and reckon Thurman has enough to expose that.

Broner seems to have trained in Burger King and came in over a pound heavy originally. I reckon he'll start quite sluggish and pick it up towards the end and outbox Molina, who'll be a handful early on but will tire out towards the end.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina Empty Re: Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina

Post by kingraf Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Got 5-1 on Guerrero. I have no faith in him beating Thurman, and I certainly hope he doesn't.... but if he does, 5-1 will comfort me very well. Also got 5-2 on Broner by decision
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina Empty Re: Thurman Vs Guerrero, Broner Vs. Molina

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:14 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if Molina got stopped. He's been on the end of some beatings and although he has a talent for bringing fights back from the brink, he's proved that because he's been on the wrong end of several fights until a hollywood turnaround. Reckon he'll charge straight at Broner and get caught a lot. I'd love for it to be the other way around though, obviously.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:52 am

Broner looked purposeful from round one and dominated a gun shy, uncoordinated and dissapointing Molina. Loving the NBC set up with no entourages.

I like Thurman, but everything he says sounds so pre rehersed he's hard to warm to...until knocks people out, obvs

Dogs everywhere

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:58 am

On the upside, after a boring fight NBC boxing references are dominating the world wide Twitter trends.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:23 am

Guerrero appears unphased by Thurman's power. He's cautious, but hasn't been wobbled. Not winning, but giving Thurman more to think about and has timed him on to some nice shots.

Being made to think has taken its toll on Thurman, who has a swelling on the side of his forehead.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:29 am

Im surprised Guerrero has stood up to some of those shots

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:34 am

Sadly for his popularity, I think Thurman's going to outbox more top guys than he KO's.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:45 am

Took being painfully knocked down for Guerrero to start fighting the right fight.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:31 am

Anyone see a PBC guy make Thurman's camp put away his ABC belt? Looks like PBC titles could be a thing at some point.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:01 am

Had a double on Thurman and Broner to both win, odds were 1/3 so went big. Relieved to wake up and see it came in! Nice little earner Smile

Bet of the day is Leicester to win at Newcastle, 4/7 - guaranteed.

Apparently Thurman looked pretty good? Will Khan dodge him?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:20 am

Guaranteed to duck him Coxy, they don't call him Amir "fight dodger" Khan for nothing........

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:23 am

Had no hope for the 5-1 on Guerrero, but I thought why not as the 5-2 on Broner UD was free money I thought. Profitable day of boxing for me
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:40 am

Kareem61 wrote:Guaranteed to duck him Coxy, they don't call him Amir "fight dodger" Khan for nothing........

Very true that. Never won the British title and avoided most of his rival countrymen when passing through that level.

Thurman KO 6 vs Khan

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:15 am

I'm currently on a train to the big smoke and your retort is making a dull journey almost unbearable, sleep beckons zzzzzzz

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:25 am

Good effort in turning a thread that had nothing to with Khan into a 'Khan is a ducker' thread, grow up Coxy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:26 am

Kareem61 wrote:I'm currently on a train to the big smoke and your retort is making a dull journey almost unbearable, sleep beckons zzzzzzz

Facts hurt don't they?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:31 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Good effort in turning a thread that had nothing to with Khan into a 'Khan is a ducker' thread, grow up Coxy.

When you write dvd reviews for a living then you gotta find your entertainment where you can

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:39 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Good effort in turning a thread that had nothing to with Khan into a 'Khan is a ducker' thread, grow up Coxy.

I actually want Thurman vs Khan to happen, would be a good clash of styles and both are available to fight in June/July which then sets up a showdown with someone like Bradley later in the year.

The British title thing was just winding Kareem up, fully admit he has taken on challenges at world level.

What next for Broner though? Does he risk it against a Rios/Garcia type or continue to pad and recover from the Maidana loss?

And sod off by the way.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:41 am

Khan is many things, world class, exciting, dedicated, talented, an Olympic medalist and a two time world champion. A ducker he is not. Grow up Coxy.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:49 am

Kareem just a word of advice. Don't take coxy so seriously A. Because he's a whiny nob end and b because if you did you'd believe he was champion jockey and heavyweight champion of the world while having beaten muhammad ali in a fight at 3 years old and been shafted by the judges. He's just bright enough not to be a full racist but unimportant enough that there is some bigotry there. You responding to him gives his life meaning. So either take it as a gesture of charity on your part or don't bother rising to it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:52 am

You give him too much credit Shah.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Kareem61 Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:53 am

Hahahaha I'll take that information on board Shah. I reckon once Brook gets through Jo Jo Dan then the Khan negotiations will begin with the winner hopefully fighting Thurman as I don't believe Mayweather wants to fight Khan.

Kareem61

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:39 am

Holy crap RJJ fought yesterday too http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/5366-roy-jones-jr-results

The comeback is on Wink

How did Broner look last night, still a bit of a mess (I know he missed weight)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:46 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Kareem just a word of advice. Don't take coxy so seriously A. Because he's a whiny nob end and b because if you did you'd believe he was champion jockey and heavyweight champion of the world while having beaten muhammad ali in a fight at 3 years old and been shafted by the judges. He's just bright enough not to be a full racist but unimportant enough that there is some bigotry there. You responding to him gives his life meaning. So either take it as a gesture of charity on your part or don't bother rising to it.

You do go on rather a lot when you're supposed to not entertain me.

And yes, my world revolves around this forum and I am a lost sheep without it. Probably why after being banned I didn't return for 2 years. But anyway, off to watch more BNP videos I go.

Massively dislike GG, must hate all whites as well.

Now where's my white robe and hood.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:48 am

Khan has been matched with hand picked opponents since the Garcia loss, especially as they tried to make him a viable alternative for Mayweather. Maybe with that ship sailing they will take more risks. There are losts of good fights in the division for him. Khan v Guerrero would be fantastic.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:54 am

catchweight wrote:Khan has been matched with hand picked opponents since the Garcia loss, especially as they tried to make him a viable alternative for Mayweather. Maybe with that ship sailing they will take more risks. There are losts of good fights in the division for him. Khan v Guerrero would be fantastic.

Like The Ghost, but feel he's more gatekeeper status now. Regarding last nights fighters, would like to see Thurman vs Khan or Brook next from a domestic POV. Bradley would be fun to watch as well.

Apparently Molina didn't come to fight according to reports, still don't know if the Maidana fight was just a blip or Broner is the real deal. Rios v Broner would be fun I reckon.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:56 am

Coxy001 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Kareem just a word of advice. Don't take coxy so seriously A. Because he's a whiny nob end and b because if you did you'd believe he was champion jockey and heavyweight champion of the world while having beaten muhammad ali in a fight at 3 years old and been shafted by the judges. He's just bright enough not to be a full racist but unimportant enough that there is some bigotry there. You responding to him gives his life meaning. So either take it as a gesture of charity on your part or don't bother rising to it.

You do go on rather a lot when you're supposed to not entertain me.

And yes, my world revolves around this forum and I am a lost sheep without it. Probably why after being banned I didn't return for 2 years. But anyway, off to watch more BNP videos I go.

Massively dislike GG, must hate all whites as well.

Now where's my white robe and hood.

I'm a charitable man.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:59 am

Just watched the fight, Thurman did look good but he does telegraph his punches which is ok against lesser opposition but against the top men is going to be a problem. Think that Zaveck and Guerrero have both shown that unless he really winds up and lands a hayemaker then his power isn't as devastating as we first thought.

Guerrero is at a real crossroads in his career now, think he needs to move down to 140lbs where he stands a better chance of imposing himself on fighters, he's too small to fight the way he does at 147lbs and lacks the power there too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:41 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Holy crap RJJ fought yesterday too http://www.fightsaga.com/news/item/5366-roy-jones-jr-results

The comeback is on Wink

How did Broner look last night, still a bit of a mess (I know he missed weight)

Broner looked good, didn't do his usual thing of spending the first few rounds doing nothing. However it was hard to guage given how gun shy Molina was. Broner used the jab well and was only a pound over weight for a non title fight.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:45 pm

Cheers JBW, guess we'll have to wait for the next bout to see if he's learnt anything.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:35 pm

Gotta be inpressed with thurman, dealt with guerrero fairly easily and if it werent for guerreros proven toughness he probabaly wouldve stopped most welterweights last night

Hes strong, skilled, athletic and fit, Guerrero may not be elite but hes a class ifghter and hardly bothered Thurman. Lots of exciting possibilities for him now

Guerrero needs to drop down in weight, just doesnt have the pop or physical strengrh to fight at welterweight and there is only so mong his chin can hold up. Hes taken a lot of.punishment against thurman, floyd, aydin, berto and the japanese guy

Broner vs Guerrero at 140 would be fun, think guerrero would apply lots of pressure and dont think he'd care much for broners power, but broner is faster and fresher of the 2, could be interesting. Would favour guerrero atm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:07 pm

Does anyone know why security made Thurmans entourage stop holding up the WBA belt after the fight?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:09 pm

NBC seem to just want real world titles and not even mentioning the nonsense belts. Absolutely BRILLIANT in my view.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:09 pm

If that's true it's the best thing to happen in a while.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Yeah, they didn't mention any daft belt throughout the entire show.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:11 pm

PBC belts coming up seems to be the most popular theory. Title wasn't even mentioned by the voice over guy when announcing Thurman, so I assume there's tract to this theory. Until then, I assume we're just gonna pretend these guys aren't titlists
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:12 pm

PBC belts coming up seems to be the most popular theory. Title wasn't even mentioned by the voice over guy when announcing Thurman, so I assume there's tract to this theory. Until then, I assume we're just gonna pretend these guys aren't titlists
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Dunno kingraf, just repeating what Dan Rafael was saying who is far more in the know about these kind of things than I.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:53 pm

The card averaged about 3.13m viewers.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:55 pm

Is that good or bad?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Pretty rubbish when 5m watch the traveller on C5

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:19 pm

Where did you get that figure from Coxy?

Quick google search returned this;

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora – 2.2 million viewers (no. 1 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Nicolai Firtha – 1.3 million viewers (no. 24 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Neven Pajkic – 1.7 million viewers (n0. 6 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Martin Rogan – 1.3 million viewers (no. 10 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Vinny Maddalone – 1.05 million viewers (no. 21 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson – 1.4 million viewers (no. 6 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham – 1.5 million viewers (no. 2 in the top 30)

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:44 pm

3.13m seems fairly weak given the card.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:32 am

Personally, I think 3.13 million is pretty sharp going. Gotta remember, the card was basically a list of B+ stars, and none of the main combatants are rewlly entrenched in Mainstream America. Except maybe Broner, who was on Wild n Out being mocked for doing the chicken dance against Maidana. For the purses that were handed out, it's probably not what they were looking for, but it's twice as good as anything HBO put out last year, and five or six times what NBC do normally with their crappy cards.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:51 am

hampo171 wrote:Where did you get that figure from Coxy?

Probably went door to door in the UK, when he had a few spare hours. Our Geoff is capable of some extraordinary things.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:23 am

hampo171 wrote:Where did you get that figure from Coxy?

Quick google search returned this;

Tyson Fury vs. Dereck Chisora – 2.2 million viewers (no. 1 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Nicolai Firtha – 1.3 million viewers (no. 24 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Neven Pajkic – 1.7 million viewers (n0. 6 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Martin Rogan – 1.3 million viewers (no. 10 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Vinny Maddalone – 1.05 million viewers (no. 21 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Kevin Johnson – 1.4 million viewers (no. 6 in the top 30)

Tyson Fury vs. Steve Cunningham – 1.5 million viewers (no. 2 in the top 30)

To be honest it was a slightly tired typo. Meant 2 million.

Loving the idea of having a PBC belt though, UFC style etc. Complete game changer for the sport, something we've been on about for years.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:29 am

You arent the only one who finds the idea of a PBC belt, or at least ranking system exciting. Cant really see how another alphabet belt/ranking system can be a good thing. People are under the impression that PBC is gonna hold a monopoly like UFC, where the best all go flocking to Al(lah) and he can be the almighty matchmaker, hosting superfights week on week.

The reality is we just had Broner-Molina co main eventing a card on prime time.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:42 am

Good stuff from Thurman again. Think the signs were there very early on that it was always going to be a good night for him as he had Guerrero on the back foot or circling on the outside for the first few rounds, where he was never really going to do much damage and was always likely to get picked off with Thurman's superior speed. Thurman looked a raw talent to me 2-3 years ago but has refined his technique in his last few fights and seems content to develop himself in to more of a boxer-puncher rather than a kncokout artist.

Guerrero was a decent fit for him but if you're off your game he's still the kind of guy who is more than capable of upsetting you, so overall I don't think there's much to fault with Thurman's showing. He's good alright, but now it's time for a really, really top opponent to see just how good he is. Not sure the winner will be interested given the fact that Thurman isn't a particularly big 'name' in his own right yet, but maybe the loser of Floyd-Manny (if the loser doesn't retire) could be an option.

Outside of that, Thurman-Bradley would be a fantastic fight. If there's an area where Thurman still looks a bit open and uncomfortable it's fighting right in at close quarters. Bradley's such a bully and physically imposing force on the inside he could force Thurman in to the kind of fight he's not familiar with and we know Tim won't be intimidated by Thurman's fire power the way others have been. Bradley's desperate for a return to the big, big time and Thurman needs a standout win to confirm that he deserves that kind of shot - plenty of reasons for the pair to take a look at each other as their next opponent.

Judging by his recent comments about the improvements in his training regime and getting accustomed to 147, I don't think Guerrero will be moving down to Light-Welter as many think he should any time soon. I still think he's a viable name for some of the leading Welters out there but he can probably forget about the $1million + pay days now. There's a bit of history between him and Broner and Broner is still rebuilding somewhat, so that fight'll always be there if he does trim back down (or Broner comes back up) and from a styles perspective he'd still be an intriguing match up for Khan. Maybe that's a fight he can target if Khan sticks to his current guns of saying that Brook needs to win a couple more fights before being 'deserving' of fighting him and if Khan needs to keep his name in lights as he waits for Floyd or Manny.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down