The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Wrestling Scene

+2
Samo
adamk
6 posters

Go down

UK Wrestling Scene Empty UK Wrestling Scene

Post by adamk Sun 08 Mar 2015, 3:24 pm

Just getting ready to go to a TGW event in wakefield and have tickets for next weekends PCW Shows and wondered what are your views on the uk scene?

PCW has some great talent on the show and they are backed up by Alberto Del Rio, matt hardy, john Morrison and Justin Gabriel.

And today's show is packed full of great British talent.

adamk

Back to top Go down

UK Wrestling Scene Empty Re: UK Wrestling Scene

Post by Samo Sun 08 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm

UK Wrestling is enjoying a massive surge in popularity, and quite rightly. Its not the best wrestling in the world, nor the best story telling but its entertaining as hell.

Plus theres Grado.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 08 Mar 2015, 4:20 pm

At the moment I'm currently on a break from watching wrestling all together and have been since Final Battle 2014. To be honest it can either be because I'm burnout and need a fresher or because simply nothing interests me but before my break and started to explore the UK scene a little more because of the British Bootcamp that TNA held, the mainstream attention ICW received from their documentary on BBC and because I attended a PCW show last November which was a PCW Vs ROH show...

I would actually say PROGRESS Wrestling was head and shoulders above anything else in the form of wrestling I want to see. The roster is packed with rising stars who usually don't flood the card with US imports for the sake of a couple of ticket sales. They regularly sell out their 700+ attendance shows months in advance and seem to be climbing the ladder as a well established independent promotion.

Majority of you will probably know the likes of Adrian Neville & Prince Devitt were in the UK scene as recently as last year but the depth is getting bigger and bigger. Zack Sabre JR, Dave Mastiff, Noam Dar, Mark Haskins, Marty Scurll and a host of others have really impressed from what I've seen.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Fri 20 Mar 2015, 3:05 pm

Has anyone been to a Revolution Pro Wrestling event? My mate had just bought tickets to the Contenders 10 event in Portsmouth, and I was wondering whether it'd be worth getting a ticket?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 Mar 2015, 3:10 pm

For £10 even if the wrestling is crap you'd still have a decent night out Ok!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 1:05 am

Fernando wrote:For £10 even if the wrestling is crap you'd still have a decent night out Ok!

Hahaha, you make a valid point. Turns out my mate bought the front row seat tickets for £15, so I've decided to go ha!
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:02 am

PCW is pretty good, the matches are reasonably entertaining and it's fun being a more interactive part of a wrestling show, they also get big names, so I've seen AJ Styles, Chris Hero, Brodus Clay, Paul London, Lance Storm, Papa Shango and then a lot from Ring of Honour like Briscoes, Uhaa Nation, Mike Bennett, Roderick Strong and a load of others I've probably forgotten. I think the worst part about is the drinks are unbelievably expensive, I'm not sure how anybody can pay what they're asking, which means after three hours of whatever it is, stood up, with nothing to drink can get a bit tiring so by the end you can sometimes just want to leave.

The other thing is the production values are really low, it's in a nightclub so the ceiling is too low, they're almost always close to hitting their heads on it if they go top rope, and obviously they don't really have great entrances or anything like that. The wrestling can be good though.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 25 Mar 2015, 9:31 pm

How long are most of these events? I can imagine they'd be between 1 and 2 hours?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 25 Mar 2015, 10:06 pm

I think the PCW ones I went to were about 3 hours, but not really sure. They have a small break in the middle where people go into the ring and take pictures with one of the wrestlers (for a price!) but it's definitely longer than 2 hours.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down