The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique

2 posters

Go down

Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique Empty Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique

Post by Guest Sun 29 May 2011, 5:18 pm

NEWCASTLE UNITED are set to offer Jose Enrique a “fantastic” new contract at St James’ Park.

While Alan Pardew remains “realistic” about the Magpies’ prospects of hanging on to the Spaniard, he is also “hopeful” Enrique will opt to stay on Tyneside.

The 25-year-old has – like stalemate star Joey Barton – one year left on his current deal, after which the £6.5m signing from Villarreal would be free to leave for nothing.

Liverpool legend Phil Thompson recently claimed on Norwegian TV a move to Anfield by Enrique was a “done deal,” but this was refuted by both clubs.

Source: Newcastle Chronicle Click Here

It would be great news for Newcastle if he stayed. Being one of the stand out players from this season I hope he stays at the toon. But with the lure of European football that other clubs can offer, will he stay?

Back to top Go down

Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique Empty Re: Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 29 May 2011, 5:21 pm

I don't think so his agent would have encouraged Newcastle to offer him a new contract because it puts him in a stronger position when negotiating his contract with his new club. They can say Newcastle are willing to offer x amount over x number of years.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique Empty Re: Newcastle offer 'fantastic' new contract for Enrique

Post by Guest Sun 29 May 2011, 7:05 pm

Enrique himself said he'd sign after we were safe, then it was rumoured he was waiting for the club to show some intent. Hopefully Gervinho and Cabaye persuade him enough to sign a new deal. Means we can demand a bigger transfer fee, but I've heard rumorus that a minimum fee release clause will be added.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 31 May 2011, 11:10 pm

If Jose goes fair enough, he will be highly, highly remembered as a quality player by me, but i hope we don't get Wayne Bridge, now that is one overrated player! slow isnt the word

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down