The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Still Chasing Brook v Khan

+7
Herman Jaeger
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
Derbymanc
catchweight
Strongback
11 posters

Go down

Eddie Still Chasing Brook v Khan Empty Eddie Still Chasing Brook v Khan

Post by Strongback Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 4:03

Eddie's ready to concede a bigger split to Khan.  Is there a hint of desperation creeping in?

'He said that I'm an easy fight but how long have we been banging on about wanting the fight with him? 'After I'm done with Amir Khan he will just be a mere memory' said Brook.

'He wants to fight some of these kids who have been super-featherweights. I am a genuine big welterweight who can seek and destroy him.' Hearn added: 'We want the fight so badly. We don't believe we should take anything less than 50-50 but until we talk maybe we do. Kell has not been in a mega-fight and has masses of monster paydays in front of him. If he has to give Amir a little something to knock him out he probably will.'

'I have seen clips of him saying, 'Win a world title', 'Do this, do that'. I have come through everything he has said and still nothing.
'I think people around him are blowing smoke up his **** and he is believing all the hype. Don't get me wrong he is a good fighter but I would take him out.
'We are ready to go with this fight. But I will fight anyone. I have only wanted to fight the very best. Before I leave this fight I want to get in with the best.'

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Eddie Still Chasing Brook v Khan Empty Re: Eddie Still Chasing Brook v Khan

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 4:25

The fight should happen if Hearn stumps up the money. Khan has the more lucrative options as he has been building his profile as an exciting fighter on both sides of the pond while Brook wasted years arsing about in crap fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 4:26

Sounds like that was coming from Brook rather then Eddie bud.

Think they want to put the ball firmly in Khans court so he can't try and weasel out of it. How much more can they concede for it to be a firm avoidance by Amir?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 4:26

Strongback wrote:I have only wanted to fight the very best
10 years of smacking about Polish binmen in Sheffield Town Hall while Khan was off fighting top 10 opponents suggests otherwise

Brook is an ok fighter but no way he beats Khan and given that Brook is still relativity unknown in the elite boxing circuit then Khan should accept nothing less that 60% of the purse in his favour for giving Brook a payday

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 4:28

More than 50/50 if they want to be taken seriously. Hearn thinks 50/50 for Frampton v Quigg is also fair.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 6:32

No way can it be 50/50...........Khan is a much more high profile fighter with a bigger following................also Kell needs this fight more than Khan....

Poor old Kell is devoid of personality...

Love to see this fight made but.........Have a feeling Khan is waiting to see who wins May 2nd....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 6:34

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No way can it be 50/50...........Khan is a much more high profile fighter with a bigger following................also Kell needs this fight more than Khan....

Poor old Kell is devoid of personality...

Love to see this fight made but.........Have a feeling Khan is waiting to see who wins May 2nd....
Agree with all you say above Truss but Khan could use Brook as a tune up for the winner of May v Pooch will which will no doubt be Floyd

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 16 Mar 2015 - 6:46

40% would be generous for brook. Brook has one fight of note to his name. Khan is a known commodity, brook could walk anonymously around any city in the world not named Sheffield. Brook could KO khan, but him and fast Eddie will have to get real on the purse split. Only way this fight happens is if fast Eddie greases the wheels big time.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:38

Shot of Brook's scar for anyone who hasn't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl0nAEuODSk

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 7:51

Any chance of posting up the time of the scar reveal. I couldn't listen to 11 minutes of Kell's lisp.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 18:52

Makes sense for both. The other welterweights are going to have to start fighting one another while the two glamour boys are tied up (if Pacquiao can beat Floyd, we'll see another blockbuster later in the year).

Khan vs Brook would be big. I'm not sure it's Wembley big (but then I thought that about Froch vs Groves 2).

I think Brook is the best all-rounder in the division. It will be interesting to see whether the leg injury affects him against Dan.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 19:36

Eddie still chasing Brook/Khan?

Sounds more like Strongy still chasing Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 19:52

I'm glad he is still chasing it, as haz says a natural for both and a big fight in this country. Also a decent match up. Not sure what is not to like in this one. I for one hope it gets made.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 19:58

If Haz, Rowley and I wish to see it happen then it's a fight that should happen, who cares if Hearn is showing desperation as long as it gets made us fans benefit.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 20 Mar 2015 - 21:08

Khan optimizes a modern fighter far too long periods of inactivity for a fighter in his prime years, god knows what advice Al Haymon is giving him. Amir seems to have held out for the Mayweather fight again mistake me if I'm wrong but isn't Haymon Mayweather's adviser also ? Surely Haymon knew Mayweather's intentions as he was deep into negotiations with team Pacquaio as early as November.

Why he hasn't signed to fight Brook in a fight highly winnable and a lucrative pay deal is beyond me. Instead Haymon will position him to fight Guerrero or someone like that whilst promising a shot at the big one down the line.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down