The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anybody here speak Android OS?

3 posters

Go down

Does anybody here speak Android OS? Empty Does anybody here speak Android OS?

Post by kingraf Mon 16 Mar 2015, 7:16 am

Was updating my system this morning, and then I switched my phone to flight mode (with the intention of switching the Wi Fi on to save data costs), now the phone switched off before I was able to switch the wi fi on. Because it had no data connection of any sort, this meant the update stalled. Got a little impatient and took the battery out, but now when I switch my phone on, it just shows the little android man knocked down, with a red caution sign over his abdomen.

Is there anything I can do to save my little android man, or should I go get it repaired?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here speak Android OS? Empty Re: Does anybody here speak Android OS?

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 16 Mar 2015, 8:13 am

Looks like you have cut it out mid update, which is generally a sure fire way of knacking the firmware/OS depending on the update.

It is going to need to be wiped and installed again I would suggest, if you are not technical, take it to your phone shop who should be able to do it there and then at no cost, and claim ignorance of your battery shenanigans.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Does anybody here speak Android OS? Empty Re: Does anybody here speak Android OS?

Post by Derbymanc Mon 16 Mar 2015, 8:16 am

Remove the battery and the covers raf and you might get lucky and find a pinhole reset. This will reset it back to factory settings but wipe everything on it.

Failing that try plugging it into a computer connected to the internet and it MIGHT (if your really really lucky) continue downloading the update OR do a quick fix so you can access it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down