The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

+77
Hood83
brennomac
doctornickolas
yappysnap
The Bachelor
WELL-PAST-IT
BamBam
VinceWLB
Doddy76
nobbled
Heaf
stub
monty junior
offload
TheMildlyFranticLlama
HQ matt
glamorganalun
mystiroakey
The Saint
TightHEAD
quinsforever
Steffan
nathan
Golden
21st Century Schizoid Man
maestegmafia
Rory_Gallagher
the-goon
The Great Aukster
Marshes
BlueMuff
wolfball
alive555
Tattie Scones RRN
cp10
theslosty
Sin é
profitius
Pete330v2
Engine#4
marty2086
Cyril
Pot Hale
GunsGerms
kunu
cakeordeath
bsando
RuggerRadge2611
MacKnocked-on
Majestic83
rodders
ME-109
Scottish White Line Fever
Nachos Jones_1
asoreleftshoulder
kilo-doug
R!skysports
rapidsnowman
GLove39
Weegie Wizard
lostinwales
TJ
Jimpy
LondonTiger
tigertattie
RDW
jimbopip
EWT Spoons
Nematode
majesticimperialman
Notch
demosthenes
SecretFly
BigGee
funnyExiledScot
sensisball
George Carlin
81 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Empty Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Mar 2015, 2:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Scot_f10     Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Irelan10
SCOTLAND v IRELAND
Saturday 21 March 2015
KO: 14:30
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (FFR)
AR1: Pascal Gauzere (FFR)
AR2: Federico Anselmi (UAR)
TMO: Graham Hughes (RFU)

A. Teams

SCOTLAND
Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Glasgo10
15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors)
14 Dougie Fife (Edinburgh Rugby)
13 Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors)
12 Matt Scott (Edinburgh Rugby)
11 Tommy Seymour (Glasgow Warriors)
10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors)
09 Greig Laidlaw (Gloucester)

01 Ryan Grant (Glasgow Warriors)
02 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby)
03 Euan Murray (Glasgow Warriors)
04 Jim Hamilton (Saracens)
05 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors)
06 Adam Ashe (Glasgow Warriors)
07 Blair Cowan (London Irish)
08 David Denton (Edinburgh Rugby)

16 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors)
17 Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby)
18 Geoff Cross (London Irish)
19 Tim Swinson (Glasgow Warriors)
20 Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors)
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (Edinburgh Rugby)
22 Greig Tonks (Edinburgh Rugby)
23 Tim Visser (Edinburgh Rugby)

IRELAND
Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Father10
15 Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 Tommy Bowe (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
13 Jared Payne (Ulster)
12 Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
11 Luke Fitzgerald (Blackrock/Leinster)
10 Johnny Sexton (Racing Metro)
09 Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster)

01 Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
02 Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
03 Mike Ross (Clontarf/Leinster)
04 Devin Toner (Lansdowne/Leinster)
05 Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster) captain
06 Peter O'Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster)
07 Sean O'Brien (UCD/Leinster)
08 Jamie Heaslip (Dublin University/Leinster)

16 Sean Cronin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
17 Jack McGrath (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
18 Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
19 Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
20 Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
22 Ian Madigan (Blackrock/Leinster)
23 Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)

B. Head to Head

119 Played 119

58 Wins 56

56 Losses 58

5 Draws 5

187 Tries 200

96 Conversions 102

128 Penalties 104

32 Drop Goals 15

1,234 Points 1,301

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 19 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by Notch Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Question. I didn't see his first try, but didn't O'Brien score direct from a lineout? So why can't I have an assist for Rory Best on ESPN? I am furious

Best threw to Toner, who transferred to O'Brien on his way down I think. I would put that as Toners assist, he was the last player to touch it before SOB.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland - Page 14 Empty Re: Super Saturday, Game 2: Scotland v Ireland

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:22 pm

Ah okay. Fair enough. From the brief clip I saw, it kind of made it appear it was direct from a throw

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:28 pm

Heaslips spine looks strong for a triple fracture...

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm

Seems to be a lot of French supporters in the pub just now!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:27 pm

is mcguirk gone as well as hookie?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:50 pm

Not sure what sort of game Scotland were trying to play today. They seemed to be chucking the ball around and offloading and looking for miracle passes. They just didn't do any of it very well or with any conviction. Scotland lack the confidence to hang on to the ball. If they manage to go through 2 or 3 phases they then kick the possession away.

Was Scott injured as I thought he was the only back doing anything of note and he got taken off?

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Mar 2015, 7:55 pm

Looks like Stuart Hogg has become a hero for the Irish and a source of hatred for the English - to be fair it was more heaslip saving the try than Hogg messing it up!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:15 pm

My first post since this morning:

Congratulations Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:16 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Looks like Stuart Hogg has become a hero for the Irish and a source of hatred for the English - to be fair it was more heaslip saving the try than Hogg messing it up!
Hatred. Don't be stupid.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Looks like Stuart Hogg has become a hero for the Irish and a source of hatred for the English - to be fair it was more heaslip saving the try than Hogg messing it up!

Stuart Hogg is liked in Ireland because of the way he plays. He is one of the best 15's in world rugby. I slated Heaslip all game today but he made an absolute perfect tackle to deny him a try. I cannot for one second think that the English 'hate' him for it. The English fans were more watching their own team come so devastatingly close to the championship themselves. Lets not ruin what was an absolutely fantastic day of rugby by saying such things OK

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottish White Line Fever Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Congratulations to Ireland - that performance was absolutely immense today. Thoroughly deserved your Championship win and it could have been 50 or 60 points today. The Irish supporters where I was sitting were excellent, always singing and supporting their team throughout - they were a credit to Irish rugby, as always! To all you Irish posters, hope you have a class night!

I don't want to ruin this thread by moaning about Scotland, so I'll do that on one of the other threads. Congrats once again guys

Scottish White Line Fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:43 pm

Scottish White Line Fever wrote:Congratulations to Ireland - that performance was absolutely immense today. Thoroughly deserved your Championship win and it could have been 50 or 60 points today. The Irish supporters where I was sitting were excellent, always singing and supporting their team throughout - they were a credit to Irish rugby, as always! To all you Irish posters, hope you have a class night!

I don't want to ruin this thread by moaning about Scotland, so I'll do that on one of the other threads. Congrats once again guys

Class post and commiserations, hope that you have a good one as well OK

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

Jeezo - all tongue in cheek, I'm sure no one actually hates him for what happened!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

I agree that it was a great tackle by Heaslip and Hogg does not deserve to be a source of hatred for the English when the guy did nothing wrong. He probably is popular in Ireland though as are most decent Scottish rugby players

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones_1 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Jeezo - all tongue in cheek, I'm sure no one actually hates him for what happened!

Aahh sure, fair enough, Beer and emotions run high here on 6N weekends. Its all good and my apologies for taking it seriously OK

Nachos Jones_1

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

Probably poor choice of word, but I did mean it as a joke - Stuart Hogg is trending on Twitter from people making similar jokes!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 21 Mar 2015, 8:53 pm

I've never liked Hogg after he tried to decapitate Dan Biggar in Cardiff last year but fair do the guy is one hell of a talent and deserves respect from fans of other countries

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:09 pm

Scotland wooden spoon despite huge points difference vs Italy.. this may be as bad as 2012's results but at least it's clear scotkand have potential to do well in the future.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm

bsando wrote:Scotland wooden spoon despite huge points difference vs Italy.. this may be as bad as 2012's results but at least it's clear scotkand have potential to do well in the future.

Sorry. On the last 12 months performance that is totally incorrect

We have been total cr ap and there are no positives we can take at all

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:43 pm

A classy touch by the Scottish ru letting the irish fans stay on in murrayfield to watch the England match. Also put on a great show pumping out the tunes

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Sat 21 Mar 2015, 9:59 pm

Excellent performance. It was the first time since last years 6 nations that Ireland played good rugby. I thought the backs really clicked today and the team varied their game more which made it hard for Scotland to read.

Its all ifs buts and maybes. Every team could point to many situations where they have regrets. Hogg has been one of the players of the tournament if not thee player of the tournament.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:50 pm

Griff wrote:My first post since this morning:

Congratulations Ireland.    

Thank you, very much. But I think Wales (and England) also deserve congratulation for their unbelievable attacking displays

Ale
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:50 pm

BlueMuff wrote:A classy touch by the Scottish ru letting the irish fans stay on in murrayfield to watch the England match. Also put on a great show pumping out the tunes

+1 on that

Wasn't there, but SRU could easily have shut down and told the fans to go off to the pubs, instead they did a really decent thing and allowed the Irish fans to cheer as one.

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:51 pm

Delighted for POC...scored the first try to get us on the way and dominated the lineout. Deserving of another GS. Going to be a huge gap when he goes as a player and more importantly as the leader of this team.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:57 pm

He genuinely is irreplaceable, we have plenty of good locks but very few guys in world rugby anywhere have the kind of presence he has.

It was good from the SRU, because otherwise they would have had it in the dressing room with a few press there- this was much better.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

Given the stage and fireworks, I'm guessing it was planned! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

Probably earned a few bob for the SRU at the bar...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 21 Mar 2015, 11:01 pm

ME-109 wrote:Delighted for POC...scored the first try to get us on the way and dominated the lineout. Deserving of another GS. Going to be a huge gap when he goes as a player and more importantly as the leader of this team.

True.

He's immense. And this year he actually looks and plays even better than last year. He talks about retirement but from where I'm looking, if protected ( like O'Driscoll) he looks fresh enough and hungry enough to do another season.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 1:42 am

Massive congrats to Ireland, thoroughly deserved title. Over the past couple of weeks I've said I thought you weren't much better than England, but I have to say I think there is clear daylight now.

So glad that on the final day everyone really had a go as well.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 1:45 am

brennomac wrote:
BlueMuff wrote:A classy touch by the Scottish ru letting the irish fans stay on in murrayfield to watch the England match. Also put on a great show pumping out the tunes

+1 on that

Wasn't there, but SRU could easily have shut down and told the fans to go off to the pubs, instead they did a really decent thing and allowed the Irish fans to cheer as one.

Wish I'd realised, would have been tempted to stay for the craic.
Plus it'd have been nice to see the trophy being lifted at Murrayfield, as close as we'll ever get??

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Sun 22 Mar 2015, 7:57 am

Congratulations Ireland. Throughly deserved to win the game and probably the tournament overall.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:50 am

Congratulations once again to Ireland. So glad that the tournament was decided by rugby. Proper rugby. Rather than ref interpretations, video replays, cheating, bias, etc, etc. Rugby was the winner yesterday. A fantastic day.

As a friend said in the pub yesterday: if we (Wales) score 60 points but end up 3rd then so be it. We couldn't ask for any more from the players. No arguments at all.

clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:52 am

P.s. A moral tournament victory to Wales for ending up on the same points but winning the head to head against Ireland??? Wink

(I'm sure some people are thinking it!)

king

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:31 am

I'm delighted Wales are delighted.
I'm delighted England are delighted.
Sad that the sad are sad - especially Italy and Scotland who at least tried harder with their limitations than France genuinely tried through the season with their resources. DO NOT TELL ME Fance can't play like that more often but always somehow seem to have something or other holding them back.... or at least always blaming something or other for holding them back. Maybe its more always more cavalier players than bad coaches.

...and of course, for Ireland - I'm furious that Sexton let nine points drop away with his boot! Wink Spoiled my delirium no end.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:38 am

Congratulations Ireland - deserved your win, just, I think. Smile

10 points difference between first and third. We have three teams that are very close to eachother, and all of which can beat the other on their day.

And I can certainly see a situation where we beat Aus, Aus beats Wales, and Wales beats us in the pool...augh, lol.

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:42 am

SecretFly wrote:...and of course, for Ireland - I'm furious that Sexton let nine points drop away with his boot! Wink  Spoiled my delirium no end.
... and don't forget the Madigan choke!

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:43 am

Oh and a Special Mention on this Rugby forum for Joe Schmidt's son.  I was elated for an hour or two after the final England result and our lads doing the antics at Murrayfield but then I was brought back down to earth with a bump when I heard Joe's words on his son and about him now putting rugby to the side for a duration as he goes abroad to look for help for his son who suffers from severe epilepsy - seizures every few minutes.

So poor Joe has his personal issues and always has something else on his mind as he does his interviews and tries to steer the Ireland team in the right way.

So to Joe Schmidt, I say simply Thank you for the efforts and sacrifices and the joy... and hope your son finds the treatments to ease the burden on your family.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
SecretFly wrote:...and of course, for Ireland - I'm furious that Sexton let nine points drop away with his boot! Wink  Spoiled my delirium no end.
... and don't forget the Madigan choke!

That too! More on the reality of victory next week. Back to Gloom people, we have a World Cup approaching!!!!! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:46 am

SecretFly wrote:Oh and a Special Mention on this Rugby forum for Joe Schmidt's son.  I was elated for an hour or two after the final England result and our lads doing the antics at Murrayfield but then I was brought back down to earth with a bump when I heard Joe's words on his son and about him now putting rugby to the side for a duration as he goes abroad to look for help for his son who suffers from severe epilepsy - seizures every few minutes.

So poor Joe has his personal issues and always has something else on his mind as he does his interviews and tries to steer the Ireland team in the right way.

So to Joe Schmidt, I say simply Thank you for the efforts and sacrifices and the joy... and hope your son finds the treatments to ease the burden on your family.

clap

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by overlordofthewest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 12:32 pm

Well done Ireland

overlordofthewest

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 22 Mar 2015, 12:38 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Oh and a Special Mention on this Rugby forum for Joe Schmidt's son.  I was elated for an hour or two after the final England result and our lads doing the antics at Murrayfield but then I was brought back down to earth with a bump when I heard Joe's words on his son and about him now putting rugby to the side for a duration as he goes abroad to look for help for his son who suffers from severe epilepsy - seizures every few minutes.

clap
+ clap

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Mar 2015, 1:10 pm

Didn't know that about Joe. God bless him and his family.

Incidentally, to all Irish posters, shall we make it best out of 3?:
https://www.606v2.com/t58249-leinster-rugby-v-glasgow-warriors-27-march
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 22 Mar 2015, 1:20 pm

George Carlin wrote:Didn't know that about Joe. God bless him and his family.

Incidentally, to all Irish posters, shall we make it best out of 3?:
https://www.606v2.com/t58249-leinster-rugby-v-glasgow-warriors-27-march

Back to the bread and butter, kind of hoping the Ireland starters are unavailable. Ulster can beat Cardiff without our three starters, not sure Leinster can beat Glasgow without their seven...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 22 Mar 2015, 1:21 pm

My heart goes out to the Schmidt family, that must be hellish for that poor kid.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:54 pm

It's a Six Nations double for Ireland, as the Ireland Womens team hands out a 73-3 beating to Scotland to win their Six Nations on points difference clap
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm

Very impressive players on that woman's team. The 13 ----- ! Powerful in defending and attack.

Payne's understudy marked in already

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm

Notch wrote:It's a Six Nations double for Ireland, as the Ireland Womens team hands out a 73-3 beating to Scotland to win their Six Nations on points difference clap
Please tell me you've got the '7' and '3' the wrong way round. Shocked
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:34 pm

George Carlin wrote:
Notch wrote:It's a Six Nations double for Ireland, as the Ireland Womens team hands out a 73-3 beating to Scotland to win their Six Nations on points difference clap

Please tell me you've got the '7' and '3' the wrong way round. Shocked

Nope!

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/six-nations/2015/0322/688907-ireland-women-six-nations/

11 tries for Ireland on the day.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

Only three tries against them during the series.  Only 26 points scored against them in total.

Bloody impressive table!  I wish the Men's one looked as safe Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm

I am depressed. It really has come to something when I look forward to Edinburgh games again!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next