The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!

+19
jai.roberts
Mat
Nakatomi Plaza
owen10ozzy
Hero
bretmeharty
Brilliant_yep
NickisBHAFC
Gregers
Fernando
Adam D
Prometheus
Samo
TwisT
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
Crimey
Marky
BD21
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!  Empty IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!

Post by BD21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:42 pm

Let's try and get excited!

The build may have not been the greatest but looking at it it's not a bad card. 3 young guns facing 3 of the top stars plus Sting's first match in WWE. A ladder match featuring some of our favourite stars (plus R Truth) and a potential show stealer in Orton vs Rollins.

What are your thoughts, predictions, hopes for the night?

BD21

Back to top Go down

IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!  Empty Re: IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!

Post by Marky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:04 pm

Only 6 days until Roman Reigns "shocks the world".

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:07 pm

My main hope is Lesnar to retain basically. 

Expecting the ladder match to open and be exciting and entertaining but the rest of the show to start dragging until the main event where I will pick up again in the hope that Lesnar wins. The problem with the other matches on the card is that I don't really care who wins and don't think it matters in any case.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:29 pm

I'm excited by the whole card. Im up tonight for Raw, I'll be watching NXT live and Smackdown live too.

Every wrestling product has its flaws and the demographic of fans is so wide and varied. I look for the positives

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:35 pm

Absolutely 100% underwhelmed - there isn't one storyline that has me hooked, there is stand alone matches that should be impossible not to enjoy but as an event that has pre and post show storylines there is absolutely nothing reeling me in.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:38 pm

I usually buy it based upon the Undertaker match and the main event. So I think I will pass.

Is this the first WM on the Network? I remember there being a thread a few months back talking about if Sky was going to show it on Box Office or not. That all been rectified?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

Looking forward to the 6 hour pre show for RAW.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:46 pm

TwisT wrote:I usually buy it based upon the Undertaker match and the main event. So I think I will pass.

Is this the first WM on the Network? I remember there being a thread a few months back talking about if Sky was going to show it on Box Office or not. That all been rectified?

It is the first one we can get on the Network. WWE are going to announce network figures the day after Mania, I'm very interested to hear what they are. I think anything short of 1.2M will be a disaster, anything over 1.4M they should be more than happy with.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 1:54 pm

I think until Raw and SmackDown are on the Network they will struggle to get the numbers. I dont buy into the argument some make that the Network is the reason for the poor story telling because they only have to sell $9.99 a month instead of $60 for a PPV every month because the story telling has been garbage for a good few years now.

I honestly cant see how the Network isnt doing very well. I'd love to hear from people who dont have it why they dont.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:00 pm

Sky are showing it on Box Office for the usual £19.95, they have been doing the same for every PPV since the Network came to the UK, apart from Fast Lane which they showed on Sky One.

I think the problems with the Network in the UK will be more apparent next time it comes to renegotiating the deal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:03 pm

Samo wrote:I think until Raw and SmackDown are on the Network they will struggle to get the numbers.  I dont buy into the argument some make that the Network is the reason for the poor story telling because they only have to sell $9.99 a month instead of $60 for a PPV every month because the story telling has been garbage for a good few years now.

I honestly cant see how the Network isnt doing very well.  I'd love to hear from people who dont have it why they dont.
I dont have it.

I begrudge paying even a small sum of money for the turgid dross that is WWE. I dont want to watch old stuff on the network - I havenetflix and I can barely make a dent in the content that I want to watch on there.

I only really follow WWE as it is because it is the biggest company out there and easy to series link on Sky. If it went network only, then I wouldnt bother with it at all.

I appreciate that I will get "but you like TNA so you obviously have no taste" comments but to me, I just prefer the storylines and wrestling on offer. I cant remember the last time I sat through a WWE show in its entirety without fast forwarding at some point,

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:11 pm

In the bigger picture Adam, I don't think this relates to you preferring TNA to WWE.  I think it is the question that you don't see 9.99 per month value in WWE.

I can very much see why people would not.  If you are watching Raw (and Smackdown?) every week then that is 5 hours of wrestling already.  How much more is the hard core wrestling enthusiast going to want?  Let alone the casual viewer.  

For myself, after an initial.  "Wow, look at all those PPVs", I now use the Network for:
- NXT (which for me personally is currently worth the 9.99 alone)
- New PPVs
- Monday Night Wars and Rivalries series (which I've not seen)
- The two SCSA podcasts

If I took NXT out of that equation, I could easily take or leave the Network.  And as more OTT outlets become available (HBO, etc.) it will be a question to me of what gives me the most value, Spotify, WWE Network, Netflix, etc. as I wont' have the funds to buy everything I might possibly want.  

I've said it for sometime now, but if NXT dips (i.e. they put the guys I like watching on Raw / Smackdown) then I may very well end my Network subscription after Mania and only pick it up again 2 or 3 times a year when I really want to watch the PPV in something close to real time and use those months I have access to binge on NXTs and PPVs that I've missed.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:23 pm

Basically what Prometheus said, but I'm still paying $9.99 on my US account rather than £9.99 so it's more £6.50 IT'S WRESTLEMANIA WEEK!  3559488474

It means I have got the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania cheaper than Sky Box Office, and with the added bonus of the back catalogue and NXT.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:35 pm

I'm cancelling the Network after Mania, I was intrigued by it and I think it does offer great value for money if you are really into it but after watching all the Saturday Night Maon Events from 88-91 I lost all interest in it, great for the PPV but its just contributing to a product I don't particularly like at the moment,  I'll pay again when it u doubtably picks up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:54 pm

Crimey wrote:My main hope is Lesnar to retain basically. 

Expecting the ladder match to open and be exciting and entertaining but the rest of the show to start dragging until the main event where I will pick up again in the hope that Lesnar wins. The problem with the other matches on the card is that I don't really care who wins and don't think it matters in any case.

You are optimistic Crimey. It's been a 6-8 month build up for Roman despite his injury, Vince ain't going to turn around & admit he was wrong now especially considering the Daniel Bryan saga and not wanting to head back down that route angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:12 pm

I think Prom summed up my rebuttal to Adam pretty well. Cant add anything to it. The original content on there is mostly excellent, NXT is probably the best wrestling show available at the moment, and the back catalog is awesome. Currently working my way through 2004.

If its not your thing then thats fair enough, but I think its great value for money.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:45 pm

Cancelling the network is something I could never do thanks to nXt alone. It is worth the 10 pound a month by itself. The network shows are good, mnw was superb and countdown is much better than most stuff on the 400 channels I get from Virgin 

Plus I can watch a ppv the day after if I'm working without having to watch it at a certain time (like box office makes you)

Anyways I'm cautiously optimistic for mania this year. Ladder Match and Orton v Rollins will bother superb, divas tag if given time will be a good match. Bray v Taker will be worth it for the visual of seeing them face off, same with hunter vs sting (also I'm a huge taker and hunter mark so yeah...)

And you know what Reigns is winning me around. He's improved on the mic other road to mania and has had a couple of top quality matches (yes one was against Bryan but you need someone good to work with, see cm punk for an example. Superb vs Cena, shocking vs ryback. Hence Cena Is a good worker as I believe reigns is turning into)

Reigns to beat Brock and then Rollins to cash in is my pick. Ideally with ambrose having won the ic, coming.g out to celebrate with reigns ala benoit/Guerrero before betraying his brother letting Rollins take advantage 

Definitely on paper as good, if not better, than mania 30 and certainly better than 27/28/29

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm

I'm praying Regins leaves mania with the wwe championship.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I'm praying Regins leaves mania with the wwe championship.
You warm the cockles of my Heart Nick, I love the fact that someone I converse with somewhat regularly on Wrestling can still be so passionate about an outcome, theres hope for me yet

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm

I'll admit my views on wrestling aren't as good as the majority on here. My posts can also come across as "fan boy" but I've really liked reigns from day one and im just delighted wwe have stood by him.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:18 pm

I'm not excited at all,but I know I will be on the night...and I'm hoping tonight has some action between Reigns and Lesnar or the video package for the main event is going to be weak,and that's always what gives me goosebumps and gets me pumped.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

Don't worry, Nick, I'm fully with you on this one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:28 pm

I'm not too jaded by the product, but I'm finding the fanbase quite a problem. Honestly, right now, I'm gutted im not there this weekend like I originally planned and I'm actually looking into going next year, or to SummerSlam in New York (New Jersey, really, the liars0

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:38 pm

I can't put my finger on it Dolph,but something feels like it's missing,it just doesn't feel so grand this year.
I don't have a huge problem with the product,other than massive feuds being built by just one side of the coin for the grandest stage of them all,that just doesn't sit right with me.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:53 pm

The wrestlemania crowd are going to rip Reigns to shreds and I can't wait. Wwe will get exactly what they deserve.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

Brilliant_yep wrote:I can't put my finger on it Dolph,but something feels like it's missing,it just doesn't feel so grand this year.
I don't have a huge problem with the product,other than massive feuds being built by just one side of the coin for the grandest stage of them all,that just doesn't sit right with me.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. All the programs you would have been excited for have a been a 1 person fued

HHH vs Sting - HHH mainly
Taker vs Bray - Bray
Reigns vs Lesnar - Reigns vs Heyman more then Lesnar.

What i will say it may not be a streak match anymore but Taker/Bray will be a better match then most expect and i think that's down to Bray's willingness to go out to Taker's ranch & map the fight out like HHH/HBK did, Lesnar didn't and quite frankly it showed.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm

bretmeharty wrote:The wrestlemania crowd are going to rip Reigns to shreds and I can't wait. Wwe will get exactly what they deserve.

I don't think they will, the iwc will be on the minority. Hopefully we won't get the cm punk chanting idiots either

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:28 pm

I can't see it going any other way to be honest, I really think the crowd will consist of mainly Internet smart fans because they are the hardcore majority who spend the big bucks from all over the world to be at the biggest show.

With the lack of build and interaction of the main event, it feels like like there should be a twist with something missing.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm

WM won't be a massacre for Roman, The night after will probably be one of the worst of his career cos that's 100% Smarks sticking around.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:30 pm

I don't think theres anything particularly wrong or bad with Roman Reigns, he's just not Daniel Bryan, thats the problem in a nutshell, there seems to be this misplaced perception that a new star has to be born ever year at WrestleMania, I don't think thats the case, I think Reigns is decent but he isn't someone I find myself wanting to get behind, a popular face is like goldust these days and in my opinion the WWE should flog the hell out of one if they ever get an opportunity to find one, they've got one and they are intent on marginalising him which in turn has seen the backlash directed at their latest flavour of the month.

I'm in full agreement that putting DB over at the Rumble when it seemed like he was rushed back would have been a daft thing to do as there was no guarantee how his injury woulda held up for WrestleMania but after proving himself it was a no brainer to give him a marquee match

The WWE aren't stupid, they will 100% know and understand this and thats what makes their decisions even more baffling

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:38 pm

It's because Vince doesn't want to admit he was wrong 2 years in a row KF. That's why this is going ahead as planned weather anyone likes it or not.

It's just pure stubbornness & ignorance.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:44 pm

I agree with all of that (except im a Reigns fan).

Bryan shouldnt have been in the title match, but they should have built him up for a bigger feud. Personally, I'd have had Rusev beat Cena properly and then Bryan beat Rusev. I'd have then had a returning heel Sheamus beat Cena.

Tonight should deliver. Surely Lesnar and Sting will be there, Sheamus might very well pop up, Taker *could* be there.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:46 pm

Fernando wrote:What i will say it may not be a streak match anymore but Taker/Bray will be a better match then most expect and i think that's down to Bray's willingness to go out to Taker's ranch & map the fight out like HHH/HBK did, Lesnar didn't and quite frankly it showed.

I don't think it will be, Bray Wyatt hasn't had a good singles match with anybody other than Daniel Bryan yet and Undertaker simply hasn't shown that he's in great fighting shape for a few years now. Even against CM Punk I thought he looked weathered and Punk had to carry him.

I think the Lesnar match was poor due to two factors; Undertaker not being in in-ring shape and the concussion really early in the match, re-watching it's so clear that Undertaker is out of it from a very early point. I don't think the mapping out of the match would have made much of a difference and I don't think it will with Wyatt.

It's all about the spectacle and they know it, but the match will almost definitely be really poor. Bray Wyatt is very limited wrestling wise.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:47 pm

Was he wrong this year? Bryan wasn't any sort of smart choice for the title match. Reigns was definitely the number two face when they were mapping stuff out, but the crowd have seen the anointment and backlash ensued. Ziggler and Ambrose could both have call to being number two now (I count Cena as outside on a weird Cena level), and I still think the best story would have been Ziggler winning the Rumble, but its sad that wrestling fans would go out happy to really hamper someones career. They're up for it with Reigns.

Although I've been reading smark internet reactions from the past and the stuff said about The Rock makes me laugh

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm

I think Sheamus will turn up tonight and be inserted into the ladder match as at the moment there are 7 entrants and that seems very strange to me

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:53 pm

Fernando wrote:WM won't be a massacre for Roman, The night after will probably be one of the worst of his career cos that's 100% Smarks sticking around.

Part of the wrestlemania crowd are usually at raw the next night, and history would suggest they have the same type of crowd both nights.

You are right kayfabe that part of the problem is that he isn't Daniel Bryan but there are other factors why Roman gets the reaction he does. 1 is he just isn't ready, he needed another year to build to that organic point of where he over with the crowd, his level right now should be in Cena's spot. The fact that he won superstar of the year for not doing much grated on people. Apart from being in the shield where his negative points could be hidden at the start of the year, then having one good singles match with Randy Orton then he was injured.

To start with he was given a head start after the split he kept the gimmick that was already over he still has the shield music same entrance and wrestling gear and he's still left behind by Rollins and Ambrose Who had to start again with new gimmicks says a lot.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:55 pm

Crimey wrote:
Fernando wrote:What i will say it may not be a streak match anymore but Taker/Bray will be a better match then most expect and i think that's down to Bray's willingness to go out to Taker's ranch & map the fight out like HHH/HBK did, Lesnar didn't and quite frankly it showed.

I don't think it will be, Bray Wyatt hasn't had a good singles match with anybody other than Daniel Bryan yet and Undertaker simply hasn't shown that he's in great fighting shape for a few years now. Even against CM Punk I thought he looked weathered and Punk had to carry him.

I think the Lesnar match was poor due to two factors; Undertaker not being in in-ring shape and the concussion really early in the match, re-watching it's so clear that Undertaker is out of it from a very early point. I don't think the mapping out of the match would have made much of a difference and I don't think it will with Wyatt.

It's all about the spectacle and they know it, but the match will almost definitely be really poor. Bray Wyatt is very limited wrestling wise.

I think it will be decent on the basis Taker won't want to go out quietly, He may go out on his back but he'll make it a decent enough match. I have less reservations about this then HHH & Sting tbh.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:00 pm

Fernando wrote:
Crimey wrote:

I think it will be decent on the basis Taker won't want to go out quietly, He may go out on his back but he'll make it a decent enough match. I have less reservations about this then HHH & Sting tbh.

They say HHH/sting is a dream match, who's dream exactly!
I don't ever remember thinking I wonder what it would be like if them two ever fought.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:13 pm

I think every single person with Internet access and an interest and semi knowledge about Pro Wrestling would have safely assumed that if Sting ever signed up for WrestleMania then it'd be against The Undertaker - I wouldn't personally want to see it in 2015 but given the alternatives I must say I'm surprised the WWE didn't go for it - I never thought HHH/Sting at all, it makes sense now given the storyline but it was never in all my time watching Wrestling a match I ever considered

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 23 Mar 2015, 11:22 pm

What storyline though, I haven't kept 100% up with wwe events but what is stings reasoning for suddenly appearing now why not 10 years ago when Vince was on screen and in charge. Just like every story leading into mania they have made a hash of why should I care.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 24 Mar 2015, 9:45 am

bretmeharty wrote:

You are right kayfabe that part of the problem is that he isn't Daniel Bryan but there are other factors why Roman gets the reaction he does. 1 is he just isn't ready, he needed another year to build to that organic point of where he over with the crowd, his level right now should be in Cena's spot. The fact that he won superstar of the year for not doing much grated on people. Apart from being in the shield where his negative points could be hidden at the start of the year, then having one good singles match with Randy Orton then he was injured.

Its definitely because he isnt Daniel Bryan. Batista wasnt Daniel Bryan last year and the crowd accepted Reigns then because he wasnt Batista. This year was no different, the crowd accepted Rusev because he isnt Reigns.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 6:27 pm

Dolph Ziggler winning the Royal Rumble would have been awful, he's not a main event star at all. WWE being cold on Ziggler as any higher than he currently is for me is something they get spot on. He's a decent mid-carder who can every now and again have a more high profile match, but he's not world championship material at all. He's missing a lot for me.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:14 pm

I think Ziggler winning the Rumble is something I could realistically buy into though, while I agree that he doesn't have "the lot" but I think Dolph winning the Rumble given his athleticism is a likely scenario - Ziggler has been around a long time now too so I don't think the fans would crap on it either - whether they pulled the trigger on him or not at the actual event is another matter entirely but I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility that they could do it and it could prove to be a successful storyline

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

The problem I have with the argument that Ziggler shouldn't be in the main event isn't that he doesn't have the full package. Because I will agree with that. But it is that WWE hasn't developed any more credible main eventers.

So, you can rule Ziggler out (his over-selling annoys me), but for every fault you find in him you can, IMO, find faults in the rest of the roster to the degree that their characters have been developed.

I think he is perfect IC material. I've always felt that this belt was best put on (or being chased by) the wrestler with the best in-ring work. And I think he was doing a credible job with that belt, for example the ladder match with Harper was excellent, but WWE just can't seem to book their IC division.

I do however feel as an interim champ, or someone who could step in and out of the main event over the next year, Ziggler would get a good reaction from the crowd and that is IMO probably the most important thing for WWE right now. Fastlane was killed by a dead crowd because WWE isn't booking the shows or their wrestlers very well, and a dead crowd makes good wrestling harder to watch while a crowd that is really into the match can make an okay match really enjoyable.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:26 pm

Ziggler gets better reactions than anyone but Bryan. So, you buy into fans reaction then he deserves a go. There's nothing more believable about Bryan than Ziggler

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm

He also has two pins on Bryan in the past week

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

I think Bryan definitely has something more than Ziggler, he's believable as a competitor, he has a ferocity to his style, an impact to his kicks that Ziggler totally lacks.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:17 pm

Lesnar has re-signed with WWE.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:25 pm

YES!

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Mar 2015, 11:51 pm

BEST. NEWS. EVER

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next