The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If you could make one change to WrestleMania...

+10
DrDeath
Crimey
Fernando
NickisBHAFC
RinoGattuso
Dr Gregory House MD
bretmeharty
TopoftheChops
Samo
Prometheus
14 posters

Go down

If you could make one change to WrestleMania... Empty If you could make one change to WrestleMania...

Post by Prometheus Sun 29 Mar - 5:39

Last year the story goes that Vince made a late decision for Brock to go over the Undertaker. So, the question is if you were able to what change would you make now for tomorrow's event?

I think my serious answer would be to let the US title change hands on DQ to enable Cena to take the belt while Rusev stays unbeaten.

But, as that is a bit boring. So for my out there idea. I'd make the Bray Wyatt / Undertaker match a brothers match and add the 'siblings' to each side.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

If you could make one change to WrestleMania... Empty Re: If you could make one change to WrestleMania...

Post by Samo Sun 29 Mar - 6:08

The one thing that I would change that would greatly benefit the four individuals involved, is make the Bellas vs Paig-A Lee for the divas title. It would add several elements of interest. Can Paige and AJ get on when either of them can win the title? Could this be the time to resolve the Bella angle and have Brie walk out on Nikki?

Right now this feels like a SmackDown level match, with a RAW match build-up. Not interested at all, and is hardly #givingthedivasachance.

Samo

Back to top Go down

If you could make one change to WrestleMania... Empty Re: If you could make one change to WrestleMania...

Post by Prometheus Sun 29 Mar - 6:38

I'd actually forgotten this match wasn't for the titles. And I'd actually all but forgotten this match. As you say, it seems a complete throwaway to get a Divas match on the card.

I've never been a huge fan of Paige. I don't doubt there is something there, but despite starting young, I think she still needed to be wrestling women with more experience. AJ similarly I don't think is challenged because she is IMO very good when she is and that is not happening right now. I have no time for the Bellas.

Personally I will only #givedivasachance when WWE gives me a chance to enjoy the matches by putting in women who can wrestle and then giving them 10 minutes.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 29 Mar - 6:46

I would make the rollins-orton match a match where the authority cannot get involved. The match could be a classic as long as big show and kane do not get involved. I'm happy for j&j to be involved though

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 29 Mar - 6:57

One thing I would change is I would have not had Orton lay a finger on Rollins until mania, for all his might he just can't get hold of him. That beating he gave Rollins a few weeks ago zapped all intrigue of it for me, you would never have got that build up 15 years ago.

The only way it makes sense by the way they have booked it is it points to a Seth win but I'm not confident they will go that way.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 29 Mar - 7:11

You guys are fearsome bookers.

I'd also book Daniel Bryan as the special guest referee in the main event. It guarantees Reigns' pop when he wins, plus it gives a natural next high-profile feud for Lesnar.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 29 Mar - 7:18

Prometheus wrote:You guys are fearsome bookers.

I'd also book Daniel Bryan as the special guest referee in the main event.  It guarantees Reigns' pop when he wins, plus it gives a natural next high-profile feud for Lesnar.

I'd have to disagree, it's sink or swim time for Reigns now. You can't keep getting someone to hold his hand in case he fails.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 29 Mar - 7:26

Start it 1 hour later

I'm going to really haul ass to make it from ICW in Glasgow back to Dundee...damn average speed cameras

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sun 29 Mar - 7:53

Average speed cameras don't work.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Mar - 8:07

Yeah I wouldn't have the pre show 2 hours long. What a stupid idea that was.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 29 Mar - 8:10

Id add If Sting wins then The Authority is gone for good.

Don't really need them anymore they've done their jobs. Time to stop wasting the opening 20 mins of Raw and focus on something better, Could also help with the Reigns/Rollins story if he has no one to hide behind now.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 29 Mar - 8:52

Apparently NBC asked WWE to bring The Authority back because they are a fan of them, so we're likely to get them for a while yet. Why they think they're good I have no clue. I can't stand the 20 minute promos at the beginning.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 29 Mar - 9:05

The Authority is boring. Wish they would go. Have Sting run both shows.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 29 Mar - 9:13

As much as I dislike The Authority, the idea of a Sting promo every week would be enough to get me to switch off.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Sun 29 Mar - 19:44

I personally think mine may happen.....

I think that as the Battle Royal has been moved to the pre show, we could see the split of Miz and Mizdow in the battle royal, leading to a match on the main card.

Make it happen!!!

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 29 Mar - 22:02

I do like the Authority in HHH and Stephanie,  they are both legitimately good baddies and make me want to see someone whoop them, what I don't like is Kane and the Big Show being such prominent figures, I think they could have used younger guys in those roles who would have got a genuine rub from being associated with the Authority.

the thought of Sting having the run of any show let alone one and the main one at that fills me with meh

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Mar - 22:56

I'd love if HHH lost so sacked his entourage. Freshen it up. Sheamus and someone like Rusev would do good work. It's a shame Big E is stuck with New Day as he'd be perfect

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 30 Mar - 0:27

I wouldn't put Rusev in it,I don't think it suits him and don't feel the association would help him progress, I agree with you about Big E, I was thinking along the lines of Big E and maybe even Ryback as the alternative to Show and Kane.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 30 Mar - 1:18

Kay Fabe wrote:I wouldn't put Rusev in it,I don't think it suits him and don't feel the association would help him progress, I agree with you about Big E, I was thinking along the lines of Big E and maybe even Ryback as the alternative to Show and Kane.
They should have kept luke harper in the authority

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 30 Mar - 1:59

Big E and Sheamus would be my choice. Sheamus is definitely a monster to chase after any top face or a mercenary Lesnar

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 30 Mar - 2:30

TopoftheChops wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:I wouldn't put Rusev in it,I don't think it suits him and don't feel the association would help him progress, I agree with you about Big E, I was thinking along the lines of Big E and maybe even Ryback as the alternative to Show and Kane.
They should have kept luke harper in the authority
If hes the one with the white vest and jeans then I'm all in, I'd have had him instead of Show and Kane it'd be good to see him evilve away from Bray Wyatt too, I think they could have developed his character nicely showing that hebwas someone easily swayed by an authoritative figure, first Bray then HHH/Steph

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 30 Mar - 3:07

I don't really know what else Harper has to do. He was excellent in the ladder match with Ziggler, he was awesome as part of the Wyatt family. I can only believe that when creative look round they feel they have people already in the spots he could occupy. As you say, they should / could make room. He's really a wasted talent IMO.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 30 Mar - 3:21

Theres still a chance for Sheamus and Harper to step in as the new heavies of the Authority. They could work an angle with this rivalry Kane and Show seemingly have, and eventually have them fired from The Authority. It would lead to another match between the two that no one would care about but frees up spaces for Harper and Sheamus to kickstart their careers.

Sheamus could easily fill the role of Kane - the Director of Operations, and Harper can be the muscle they bring out to help Sheamus enforce his whims.

Big Show is still very capable for a big guy - both in the ring and on the mic, but he's been stuck in a the same rut for years now. Kane cant go anymore. He's a shadow of his former self and I think he'd be content with retirement and a career in politics.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 30 Mar - 3:37

Kane can still go. And if you look at his stats he does an incredible amount of wrestling for wwe year on year especially 2014.

Watching the Hall of Fame, if I could make one change it be that little Connor still got to be in attendance at WrestleMania

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Mon 30 Mar - 3:44

Rollins vs Lesnar vs Orton for the title.

Bryan vs Sheamus (heel) in getting his revenge for his early loss a couple of years back. Maybe have made it a no.1 contenders match.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 30 Mar - 4:52

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Kane can still go. And if you look at his stats he does an incredible amount of wrestling for wwe year on year especially 2014.

Watching the Hall of Fame, if I could make one change it be that little Connor still got to be in attendance at WrestleMania

Against a heel in a pink t-shirt

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down