The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

George North and concushion.

+10
mckay1402
gregortree
Breadvan
No 7&1/2
rainbow-warrior
fa0019
lostinwales
Jimpy
bedfordwelsh
majesticimperialman
14 posters

Go down

George North and concushion. Empty George North and concushion.

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 01 Apr 2015, 3:38 pm

As you all know George North was knocked out again at the weekend in the Saint's v Wasp game. I read the other day i think it was Martin Williams saying that George North should not play for the rest of the season. Now i read he will miss the game against Clermont this week end.

My thought is, should he take the rest of the season off too fully recover. Or should he just be out for this week ends game?

I know he is a young man and all. but surely the amount of times he as be knocked out "THIS" year must take it toll on his body. Don't you think?

Discuss.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

George North and concushion. Empty Re: George North and concushion.

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 01 Apr 2015, 3:40 pm

maj,

Thing is unless he is ordered to take time off by a doctor whose call would it be.

Lets say he wanted to would his club let him?

What if the WRU wanted him to would the club let him?

What if he wanted to carry on playing

etc etc
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 01 Apr 2015, 3:43 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:As you all know George North was knocked out again at the weekend in the Saint's v Wasp game. I read the other day i think it was Martin Williams saying that George North should not play for the rest of the season. Now i read he will miss the game against Clermont this week end.

My thought is, should he take the rest of the season off too fully recover. Or should he just be out for this week ends game?

I know he is a young man and all. but surely the amount of times he as be knocked out "THIS" year must take it toll on his body. Don't you think?

Discuss.

What has George North's head injuries got to do with his (previously unknown) interest in fleecing sofa adornments?

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 01 Apr 2015, 3:46 pm

Jimpy wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:As you all know George North was knocked out again at the weekend in the Saint's v Wasp game. I read the other day i think it was Martin Williams saying that George North should not play for the rest of the season. Now i read he will miss the game against Clermont this week end.

Discuss.

What has George North's head injuries got to do with his (previously unknown) interest in fleecing sofa adornments?
Its terribly sad what too many head injuries can do to some people's basic writing skills

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Wed 01 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Discuss.

Its terribly sad what too many head injuries can do to some people's basic writing skills

I'd heard of people turning over setees, but conning cushions? That has to be a new low.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:44 pm

Jimpy wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Discuss.

I'd heard of people turning over setees, but conning cushions? That has to be a new low.

jimpy.

I make a valid case for about GN head injuries, yes my spelling might not be as good as yours. And yet you decide to take the p***s and make a joke out of it.

Well good on you. Lets hope it does not happen to you any time soon.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:47 pm

To be fair madge there is a perfectly good and serious thread on the same matter in the clubs section. Yes it is a serious matter, but we can still have a little joke around the edges

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 01 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

Yes i guess you are right these early morning starts, taking their toll on me.

To be honest i did not know their was one in the club section.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 01 Apr 2015, 5:06 pm

They should get an independent body to overview concussions and such injuries. Club doctors will be looking after the players yes but they are paid by the club and people shouldn't forget that.

I have no idea whether or not he should play but for instance Conrad Smith was given 6 months for sparking out 3 times in a few months a while back.... this is North's 4th this season.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Wed 01 Apr 2015, 11:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:To be fair madge there is a perfectly good and serious thread on the same matter in the clubs section. Yes it is a serious matter, but we can still have a little joke around the edges

Yeah, sure thing. Let us know when when one of your kids or wife has had their skull fractured in a car crash or other type of accident. I will be around with a bottle to laugh the night away with you.

You are a very sick person...go find yourself in england again I beg you.
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 02 Apr 2015, 8:43 am

majesticimperialman wrote:
Jimpy wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Jimpy wrote:

Discuss.

jimpy.

I make a valid case for about GN head injuries, yes my spelling might not be as good as yours. And yet you decide to take the p***s and make a joke out of it.

Well good on you. Lets hope it does not happen to you any time soon.

Oh for goodness sake, try to get out more will you.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:28 am

fa0019 wrote:They should get an independent body to overview concussions and such injuries. Club doctors will be looking after the players yes but they are paid by the club and people shouldn't forget that.

I have no idea whether or not he should play but for instance Conrad Smith was given 6 months for sparking out 3 times in a few months a while back.... this is North's 4th this season.

Well, Mike Brown has decided not to rush back into things - he played for England against France after returning from the head injury sustained whilst playing against Italy, but said afterwards that he, "didn't feel right" and opted not to play for Quins the following weekend. He at least, is being cautious. George North has taken a right battering lately, he probably ought to be cautious too.

Mike didn't say anything about cushions though.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
lostinwales wrote:To be fair madge there is a perfectly good and serious thread on the same matter in the clubs section. Yes it is a serious matter, but we can still have a little joke around the edges

Yeah, sure thing.  Let us know when when one of your kids or wife has had their skull fractured in a car crash or other type of accident.  I will be around with a bottle to laugh the night away with you.

Thank you for yet another interesting and informative post that I think tells us a great deal more about you than the issue in hand. 

As stated above what happened to George North is a serious matter and as with the vast majority of posters here I wish him a speedy recovery and really hope that the powers that be make sure he takes the time out now to make sure that he has a career to look forward to. You only have to read that article about Shontayne Hape to realize the dangers of successive head injuries. 

The RWC will be poorer for his absence if he doesnt make it, but hopefully there is enough time for him to recover. If there is any doubt I hope they err on the side of caution. At least at his age he should have another 1 or 2 RWC's to go to. From the point of view of Wales at least they have some options now, and if they did loose North it would not be the disaster it might have been in the last couple of years

All of that has very little to do with Madge misspelling concussion, which gives some of us with poor senses of humor a chance to throw in a few puns.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:33 am

Mike Brown reported dizziness after the France game on the Monday I believe and both himself and club took the right decision. Hasn't North been sent for tests with a consultant now so I would think both Saints and Wales will go along with his/her advice.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:40 am

lostinwales wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Yeah, sure thing.  Let us know when when one of your kids or wife has had their skull fractured in a car crash or other type of accident.  I will be around with a bottle to laugh the night away with you.

Thank you for yet another interesting and informative post that I think tells us a great deal more about you than the issue in hand. 

As stated above what happened to George North is a serious matter and as with the vast majority of posters here I wish him a speedy recovery and really hope that the powers that be make sure he takes the time out now to make sure that he has a career to look forward to. You only have to read that article about Shontayne Hape to realize the dangers of successive head injuries. 

The RWC will be poorer for his absence if he doesnt make it, but hopefully there is enough time for him to recover. If there is any doubt I hope they err on the side of caution. At least at his age he should have another 1 or 2 RWC's to go to. From the point of view of Wales at least they have some options now, and if they did loose North it would not be the disaster it might have been in the last couple of years

All of that has very little to do with Madge misspelling concussion, which gives some of us with poor senses of humor a chance to throw in a few puns.

Speak for yourself.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Thu 02 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:

Full of the joys of spring as usual....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 02 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

Jimpy wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

Speak for yourself.

You just can't handle the truth Wink

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Thu 02 Apr 2015, 10:22 am

oh dear

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Thu 02 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

I think Saints should take some responsibility for their employee and force him to rest. In my opinion it is their absolute responsibility to do this. North is obviously going to want to play but the club should ensure that he is protected from unnecessary harm.
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 02 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

He will be a very disappointed young man when Saints reach the AP Final and he is told he is sitting it out.

I think it would be the right decision though.

3 times in a few weeks is too dangerous to allow him to continue.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Thu 02 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

I thought the title was an attempt at humor and am glad to hear it wasn't. Concussion and the litigation that arises from it might be the cause not only of drastic life changing injury to players but of the nature of the game itself.

the bigger guys get, and faster, the more this will be an issue. I would say North is half way to a serious problem, likewise Half who tackles like a speed hump.

We've all been concussed and i for one know it can have significant effects. Last time for me of note was 1995 when i got my head on the wrong side in a county trial and found myself running around not knowing where the hell i was. Have had migraines ever since.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 04 Apr 2015, 12:58 am

The thing is, at the moment, we don't know how long he will be out.  Only that he sees the neurologist and team at the end of the month.  This is a process which could take a long time.  The docs are in control of this. Let's just hope they get it right.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 04 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

I hope the doctors are in control. My personal view - he has had that many concussions that he should be out for the rest of the season and potentially this is career ending.

I feel desperately sorry for him but his chances of getting permanent brain damage from this are real

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 04 Apr 2015, 3:02 pm

My own personal opinion is that Gorge is a (young man) what is he 21,22,23,years? old?
we have all been that age at one time, and feel invincible, we can pull the world in with the palm of hands. But in the real world thing do not happen like that. an d Hits to the head can be very dangerous and should be taken seriously.

I do not want too see rugby players wearing some kind of helmet like in american football. So let hope for George's sake the doctors do get it right.
t

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down