The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That really grinds my gears thread

+46
Galted
TopHat24/7
Scottrf
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Steffan
lfc91
dyrewolfe
nadeem2099
Scott is Back
88Chris05
Tattie Scones RRN
lostinwales
Breadvan
SecretFly
huw
Duty281
President Trump
Corporalhumblebucket
Pr4wn
gw
incontinentia
Adam D
MIG
Hero
ShahenshahG
hampo17
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Mad for Chelsea
McLaren
dummy_half
compelling and rich
Mind the windows Tino.
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
aja424
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
westisbest
Rowley
kingraf
TRUSSMAN66
Pal Joey
Stella
Derbymanc
Crimey
50 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 Empty That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Crimey Mon 06 Apr 2015, 2:29 pm

First topic message reminder :

Removed the old one because it was full of crap.

Remember that this section is open only under the condition that it isn't used to attack others. Attacks based on religion was a big reason why it was closed the last two times, so cut it out. If you can't play nicely, don't play at all. 

Next time I'm just deleting the section, it's a waste of my time having to wade through all the crap. This thread is supposed to be light-hearted, keep it that way.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 12:51 am

British Gymnastics are not ruling out possibility of expelling Louis Smith from the sport for "mocking Islam":
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/37613520

One wonders what next. As others have mentioned elsewhere some organisations have had to stop putting up Christmas trees, sending out complementary Christmas cards etc for fear of offending Islam.

Back to top Go down

That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 Empty Re: That really grinds my gears thread

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Oct 2016, 7:18 am

Just because you have the right to say anything doesn't mean you should, and I suspect, that the only people who would complain about Christmas offending Islam, are either people with extreme views just trying to rock the boat, or by non practising Islamists who are over sensitive and think they are doing the right thing, when 99.999% of followers of Islam in this country, or many others couldn't give a flying F**k about trees and cards and just want to chill out, and get on with their stuff and enjoy the lights and the fact that they get some time off work and maybe some s**t secret santa presents like everyone else.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:02 am

People posting them stupid fricking 'poppies banned by 1 person', 'Muslims say dogs are against islam' and crap like that. A simple search shows that most are complete bollox.

Oh and whilst i'm at it, people putting up videos on social media and then getting annoyed when you comment on something they don't agree with. Don't put it up then or make it bloody private

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:10 am

Pretty much, Derby...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 9:20 am

People still walking around in shorts in this weather...w*nkers!

"I bought them for summer and I'm gonna get my money's worth!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Oct 2016, 5:46 pm

rick_dagless wrote:99.999% of followers of Islam in this country, or many others couldn't give a flying F**k about trees and cards and just want to chill out

So how come they've got Muslamic ray guns?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 11 Oct 2016, 10:08 pm

Billy Bush.

There's another Bush to add to the collection, and I didn't even know he existed until this week. Thanks to the endless Presidential campaign for uncovering him.

Why? Why not? Even sleazier than Trump and with a damn sight more Cheese in those Gameshow pearly whites!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Oct 2016, 8:08 am

Galted wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:99.999% of followers of Islam in this country, or many others couldn't give a flying F**k about trees and cards and just want to chill out

So how come they've got Muslamic ray guns?

Cosplay?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:15 am

The worst things are those "social experiments" on youtube which breed controversy. Most of them are fake as Frak aswell! Take this Kumquat for example.

Spoiler:
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:31 am

The Kumquat made a point.... staged or otherwise. All lives matter. Nobody can argue otherwise.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:39 am

Yeah but look at the reaction of the people he shows the sign to. It is making black people out to be violent and irrational folk. Anyways the guy who does the "social experiments"is well known for faking stuff.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:45 am

Yes, I acknowledge it could be set up (or edited).... only showing the black people who reacted negatively and only showing the white people who seemed 'reasonable'.
If he did that and edited it that way then he doesn't obviously believe in his own placard.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 12 Oct 2016, 11:54 am

He's clearly an A-hole. His comments to the white folk are leading i.e. he brings up the 'all lives matter' stuff.
The responses of the black folk? What does he expect? It's not like the white folk have the same history of overt discrimination fuelling their perspectives. I'd tend to agree with nadeem, above. To me this is staged to feed into stereotypes and is borderline racist in itself.
This guy isn't remotely clever at all.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:29 pm

rick_dagless wrote:... 99.999% of followers of Islam in this country, or many others couldn't give a flying F**k about trees and cards and just want to chill out ...
Errm what is this? Where did this 99.999% come from? Research or from somewhere else. If research please provide a reference. The key is to survey local Islamic leaders and political representatives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:34 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:The worst things are those "social experiments" on youtube which breed controversy. Most of them are fake as Frak aswell! Take this Kumquat for example.

Spoiler:
It didn't look fake.  What is your point?  If you think about it - the response actually makes sense because the black community in certain parts of the US actually feel they are being targeted by what they perceive to be racist individuals and racist institutions.  When someone holds up a placard saying "all lives matter" in their neighbourhood they ask themselves what is his point - they think his point it to diminish their own concerns of black people being killed by trigger happy police. They think he is belittling their concerns. They get emotional and chase him off. It is the same emotion that sees widespread unrest when incidents are reported of another black person being shot dead by the police.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Oct 2016, 1:37 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:... 99.999% of followers of Islam in this country, or many others couldn't give a flying F**k about trees and cards and just want to chill out ...
Errm what is this?  Where did this 99.999% come from?  Research or from somewhere else.  If research please provide a reference.  The key is to survey local Islamic leaders and political representatives.

Research, and it was derived from this article.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Wed 12 Oct 2016, 4:21 pm

Donald Trump is a great human being.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:09 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Donald Trump is a great human being.

Of course! Any old geezer who publicly chats up a 10-year-old girl and claims, "I'll be dating her in 10 years' time", is to be applauded as an outstanding member of the human race.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:

Of course! Any old geezer who publicly chats up a 10-year-old girl and claims, "I'll be dating her in 10 years' time", is to be applauded as an outstanding member of the human race.

Again, it's already proven that is not a required qualification to get the Oval Office - after all, there are a lot of mass killers on the list of previous incumbents.  But maybe that's the lesser of two weevils, as the regular 606 joke goes.

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:14 pm

LOL out loud

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 12:43 pm

Donald Trump is a massive turd dressed in human skin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:02 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Donald Trump is a massive turd dressed in human skin
A bit generous.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:08 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Donald Trump is a massive turd dressed in human skin
A bit generous.
Saying he's a diseased anal polyp that's managed to walk and talk is also generous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:49 pm

Louis Smith is back again in the news claiming he is receiving death threats 'every day' ... "I've had death threats. Every day online. I'm cautious and I'm stressed."  Not sure what to make of it.  But one must congratulate the BBC for putting the original story on the front page of their website (one of three headlined stories) and placing it also prominently on the front page of the news and sports sections.  The British public pay for the BBC out of their taxes and so it is important that the BBC should flag up such stories to them.  Of course some will say he deserved it for his despicable actions and is just acry baby crying to the BBC with this latest story, demonstrating he is just an egotist always thinking about himself rather than all those less fortunate than him. Let's see what punishment he will get from British Gymnastics.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/37644035

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:56 pm

Deserved what? Deserves to feel that his life is under threat?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 1:58 pm

Good to see Nicola Sturgeon using up more taxpayers money in preparing for a second independence referendum bill. Surely the Scots will eventually vote the right way given sufficient opportunities:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-37634338

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:00 pm

SecretFly wrote:Deserved what?  Deserves to feel that his life is under threat?
I don't know. I have decided to try to understand lefty thinking as part of my "hug a leftie day".

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

Hug

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:04 pm

My uncle wrote a book about internet banking security/how to stop online fraud (didn't sell very well except for within the industry and academic circles) and got death threats for 3 months afterwards. I think we could stop all these death threats if we got Nore a girlfriend.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:05 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Louis Smith is back again in the news claiming he is receiving death threats 'every day' ... "I've had death threats. Every day online. I'm cautious and I'm stressed."  Not sure what to make of it.  But one must congratulate the BBC for putting the original story on the front page of their website (one of three headlined stories) and placing it also prominently on the front page of the news and sports sections.  The British public pay for the BBC out of their taxes and so it is important that the BBC should flag up such stories to them.  Of course some will say he deserved it for his despicable actions and is just acry baby crying to the BBC with this latest story, demonstrating he is just an egotist always thinking about himself rather than all those less fortunate than him.  Let's see what punishment he will get from British Gymnastics.
Are Muslims more unfortunate than Louis Smith? If I was a Muslim, I'd get on my knees everyday (five times to be precise) and give thanks that I wasn't Louis Smith. God truly is great!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:06 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:My uncle wrote a book about internet banking security/how to stop online fraud (didn't sell very well except for within the industry and academic circles) and got death threats for 3 months afterwards. I think we could stop all these death threats if we got Nore a girlfriend.
We try get Nore a girlfriend and we're all gonna get death threats for being involved in sex trafficking as there isn't a woman alive who'd do it willingly...not even Tina's gunty stripper

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:09 pm

Nore Staat wrote:Louis Smith is back again in the news claiming he is receiving death threats 'every day' ... "I've had death threats. Every day online. I'm cautious and I'm stressed."  Not sure what to make of it.  But one must congratulate the BBC for putting the original story on the front page of their website (one of three headlined stories) and placing it also prominently on the front page of the news and sports sections.  The British public pay for the BBC out of their taxes and so it is important that the BBC should flag up such stories to them.  Of course some will say he deserved it for his despicable actions and is just acry baby crying to the BBC with this latest story, demonstrating he is just an egotist always thinking about himself rather than all those less fortunate than him.  Let's see what punishment he will get from British Gymnastics.
What a load of cobblers. This post, that is.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:10 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:My uncle wrote a book about internet banking security/how to stop online fraud (didn't sell very well except for within the industry and academic circles) and got death threats for 3 months afterwards. I think we could stop all these death threats if we got Nore a girlfriend.
What a weird comment. Please elaborate your thinking. Mr Shah.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:12 pm

Now, now!  Don't be bringing cobblers into it.  They've become less tolerant of wilfully derogatory allusions to their trade of choice.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:15 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
What a weird comment.  Please elaborate your thinking.  Mr Shah.

We think you're the guy sending the death threats

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:22 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

And if you were getting laid, you would have less time/angst/energy to do whatever it is you do in your spare time... (make death threats for example)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:23 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

Sending death threats to whom - your uncle? And when you say "We" how many do you represent?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:25 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

And if you were getting laid, you would have less time/angst/energy to do whatever it is you do in your spare time... (make death threats for example)
So We = ShahenshahG and rick_dagless.  Both accusing me of sending death threats to ShahenshahG Uncle.  Fascinating. I suspect what psychologists call deflection is occurring, but please continue. That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 1347041234

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:37 pm

laughing You got us bang to rights

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:39 pm

He's good isn't he...for a sexless, friendless hatemonger.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:41 pm

I didn't accuse, I merely used an example highlighting one of many unnecessary pastimes that you would not have the time/angst/energy to undertake if you were getting laid.

This could also apply to

Googlewhacking
Trolling
Online gopher shopping
Deflection
Rick Rolling

However you stating that deflection is being used specifically by us, against "death threats" is a much more specific accusation.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:42 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

So We = ShahenshahG and rick_dagless.  Both accusing me of sending death threats to ShahenshahG Uncle.  Fascinating.  I suspect what psychologists call deflection is occurring, but please continue. That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 1347041234

I think it's the handwriting on the notes that raised their suspicions:

"dIS is deh PLPGD. We ARe teling you now to dissiste iM-edyately from your worc, or you WYL face the conSickuences. You have bean warned.
Signed, Nore."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:44 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

So We = ShahenshahG and rick_dagless.  Both accusing me of sending death threats to ShahenshahG Uncle.  Fascinating.  I suspect what psychologists call deflection is occurring, but please continue. That really grinds my gears thread - Page 14 1347041234

"dIS is deh PLPGD.  We ARe teling you now to dissiste iM-edyately from your worc, or you WYL face the conSickuences.  You have bean warned.
Signed, Nore."

FOR THE SAKE OF F*CK FLY, Now he's going to change his Modus Operandi and we'll never cotton on.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 2:51 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

"dIS is deh PLPGD.  We ARe teling you now to dissiste iM-edyately from your worc, or you WYL face the conSickuences.  You have bean warned.
Signed, Nore."
Is it not more to do with the fact they were written in crayon and snot as opposed to the actual style of handwriting?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:17 pm

I see the IPCC are refusing to investigate the South Yorkshire Chief Constable over his role in the Hillsborough inquests......A guy who (allegedly) told lawyers to "blame the Liverpool fans..."

The poor Hillsborough families.....They never really thought they'd get justice did they ??...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 3:23 pm

That''s the UK for ye truss. They'll start the investigation to maintain a pretence of transparency and not follow through because it's either embarrassing or they can't. Like Iraq. Imagine waiting all that time for a semblance of justice then the f*cker doesn't end up behind bars.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:22 pm

We have more chance of winning the Premiership before the families of the Hillsborough victims get justice!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 4:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:We have more chance of winning the Premiership before the families of the Hillsborough victims get justice!

No, No you don't

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:13 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:We have more chance of winning the Premiership before the families of the Hillsborough victims get justice!

No, No you don't
F*ck of Shah, this year is our year!

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 13 Oct 2016, 5:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

No, No you don't
F*ck of Shah, this year is our year!
Wait in line.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next