The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most exciting division?

+5
Liam_Main
azania
Scottrf
licence_007
Irrational
9 posters

Go down

Most exciting division? Empty Most exciting division?

Post by Irrational Mon 30 May 2011, 12:55 pm

What division would you say is the most exciting right now?

In terms of talent and potential match ups I'd have to go with the Super Middleweight division.

Froch, Bute, Ward, Groves, DeGale, Pavlik (not so much recently)... all terrific fighters. Plus there's also the potential of fighters like Bernard Hopkins and Cleverly moving down or Sergio Martinez moving up.

Light welterweight is also looking pretty strong, but there don't seem to be many decent match-ups going on, and fighters like Ortiz have moved up.

The most dead division I'd have to say is the heavyweight division - until July 2nd at least! 8)

Irrational

Back to top Go down

Most exciting division? Empty Re: Most exciting division?

Post by licence_007 Mon 30 May 2011, 1:00 pm

I'd go with Super Middle. The Super Six tournament and the emergence of two good prospects for us Brits in Groves and DeGale make it a no brainer for me.

Aside from that, I'd say there's some decent fights going on round about Bantamweight. Most boring division? Tied between the Heavies and Super Feathers. Although after reading the below post, maybe Heavyweight does outshine Super Feather at the moment.

Last edited by licence_007 on Mon 30 May 2011, 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake and changed mind)

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 30 May 2011, 1:01 pm

Heavy has Haye vs Wlad and Vitali vs Adamek, easily better than SFW.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 30 May 2011, 1:05 pm

Scottrf wrote:Heavy has Haye vs Wlad and Vitali vs Adamek, easily better than SFW.

Adamek? He will be exposed again.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 30 May 2011, 1:07 pm

Exposed losing to one of the top two Heavyweights of the past decade? They are probably the two biggest matchups that could be made at Heavy, and one of them is one of the biggest and most significant fights of the year.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon 30 May 2011, 1:08 pm

Bantamweight for me.

Donaire,Moreno,Agbeko,Darchinyan,Montiel,Mares,Perez all either have won or are challenging for world titles. Plenty of big fights that could and seem to be being made.

Worst divsion IMO is Super-Featherweight where even a average fighter in Ricky Burns is world champ. That division will only get better when Gamboa and Juan Ma move up.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Mon 30 May 2011, 1:10 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Bantamweight for me.

Donaire,Moreno,Agbeko,Darchinyan,Montiel,Mares,Perez all either have won or are challenging for world titles. Plenty of big fights that could and seem to be being made.

Worst divsion IMO is Super-Featherweight where even a average fighter in Ricky Burns is world champ. That division will only get better when Gamboa and Juan Ma move up.

Bantamweight is a brilliant division, isn't it? I hadn't watched any of their fights until I stayed up one night to see Donaire knocking out Montiel spectacularly, have been trying to watch as much of it as possible since then. I like the 4-man tournament they were doing in the style of the Super Six as well.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 30 May 2011, 1:11 pm

Scottrf wrote:Exposed losing to one of the top two Heavyweights of the past decade? They are probably the two biggest matchups that could be made at Heavy, and one of them is one of the biggest and most significant fights of the year.

Outside of a very average and unmotivated Areolla, he has fought no-one. A good jab beats him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 30 May 2011, 1:12 pm

Super-Featherweight is a stinker at the moment, I'd agree. On the other side of the coin, Bantamweight is absolutely superb right now, and while many of the actual bouts themselves haven't been great, the Super-Middleweight class has been very competitive and interesting since Calzaghe moved up back in 2008.

Welterweight, if Mayweather ever returns, is bubbling up nicely, mind you. Ortiz has layed a few demons to rest, Berto will, I'm sure, get a second crack at him after their fight of the year contender, Pacquiao is still on the scene for now and it's only a matter of time before at least one out of Khan and Bradley step up to 147 lb, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 30 May 2011, 1:15 pm

I agree with Chris that the Ortiz v Berto scrap gave the welters a shot in the arm, and with the possibility that Mayweather might come back into the mix I'd say it still has the potential to be the most interesting of the lot. Bantam looks healthy, too.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 30 May 2011, 1:18 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Exposed losing to one of the top two Heavyweights of the past decade? They are probably the two biggest matchups that could be made at Heavy, and one of them is one of the biggest and most significant fights of the year.

Outside of a very average and unmotivated Areolla, he has fought no-one. A good jab beats him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Dawson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Cunningham

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Mon 30 May 2011, 1:21 pm

not sure about most exciting but lightweight is most improved

a year ago marquez looked far above any other challengers, but now guerrero moving up, rios coming of age and their being a lot of good match ups/ exciting fights it looks like it could be a very competitive division in the future

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 30 May 2011, 1:25 pm

Bantamweight looks the most competitive division in boxing right now. SFW looks the weakest.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down