The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's The Most Exciting Current QB?

+12
crazy_dave23
Derbyblue
WhiteCamry
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
glasgowhibs
mikeygnfl
Luke
sodhat
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Grizzly
AlexHuckerby
16 posters

Go down

Who's The Most Exciting Current QB? Empty Who's The Most Exciting Current QB?

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:09 pm

In terms of play style not in terms of possible talent as some of you may have been thinking.

I quite like Roethlisberger, some may not find him exciting but his willingness to sit in there and wait and wait (and wait some more) is something I love always takes the risks in the pocket. Also Michael Vick for me would also be something I couldn't possibly complain at.

What you guys think?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Who's The Most Exciting Current QB? Empty Re: Who's The Most Exciting Current QB?

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Big Ben is fun to watch but only because he sits behind the worst O-line in football and watching him get chased around the backfield and trying to make a play is fun.

I like watching Mark Sanchez because I've rarely seen a guy with such little talent on such a good team - he huffs and puffs and works an opening only to miss his target by 5 yards, perverse fun maybe !

Aaron Rodgers - just doesn't make mistakes, he's performing as well as Brady ever has but without the arrogance.
It helps him having a serious collection of wideout talent but the arm strength and the accuracy he possesses is a rare thing...

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Who's The Most Exciting Current QB? Empty Re: Who's The Most Exciting Current QB?

Post by cherriesfna Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Arron Rodgers
because he is not human.

Tim Tebow
he is exciting and comes across as a nice person,never seen that amout of power in a QB before.

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:20 pm

Tim Tebow is not a quarterback. He is a glorified slow running back. Wasn't Sanchez's pick six the only Broncos TD involving a catch since Orton was starter?

Last year I'd say Eli because every play was either excellent or a disaster. Since he's sorted it out this year I'm going to go with, not an obvious choice, Andy "red rifle" Dalton. When he has time to throw he's brilliant and has got a very underrated set of receivers.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Tim Tebow is not a quarterback. He is a glorified slow running back. Wasn't Sanchez's pick six the only Broncos TD involving a catch since Orton was starter?

got a 56Yrd Td to decker v the chiefs
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

I heart Tim Tebow

best QB ever, denver are going to teh play-offs.

Last edited by cherriesfan on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Every time I've seen him, I've been more and more impressed by Cam Newton, and exciting is probably a good word to describe him.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:37 pm

cherriesfan wrote:I heart Tim Tebow

best QB ever, denver are going to teh play-offs.

I guess anyone can buy tickets if they have the money.....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:48 pm

cherriesfan wrote:got a 56Yrd Td to decker v the chiefs

On one of two completions. What a great commander of the passing game he is.

I'm sorry but someone who drops back 28 times and completes 11 passes over two games is not a good quarterback.

He's just white Vick.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:20 am

Alright may be slightly biased but,

Drew Brees, fantastic arm, would be higher in the ratings if not for Brady, Rodgers, and i just love watching him play.

Oh and Vick, simply because you know that he can't read defensives, so everything just seems to be made up on the spot with him.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:31 am

Tim Tebow is definitely the 'most exciting' although that is not always a good thing.

I wonder if Denver have contemplated playing Orton and Tebow at the same time and if Orton can't throw it forward play a little rugby?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by glasgowhibs Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:33 am

Cam!

I think that's the only justification I have to put forward.

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by SetupDeterminesTheMotion Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:14 am

Drew Breeeeeeeeeees kiss
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
SetupDeterminesTheMotion

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:23 am

is it possible to have 2 QB formation having Tbow and orton behind the centre and it getting snapped to one of them or is that illeagal
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:52 am

Tom Brady still has a few tricks in the bag. He handed the Jets their helmets last week.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by glasgowhibs Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:09 am

I'll give you that Camry, he tore them to pieces with the no-huddle.

Seeing the Jets D a)out on their feet, and b)not having a clue what was going on made my night.

glasgowhibs

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:38 am

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:On one of two completions. What a great commander of the passing game he is.

I'm sorry but someone who drops back 28 times and completes 11 passes over two games is not a good quarterback.
Despite the fact I think Tebow is a terrible terrible quarterback you can't deny that he is helping the Broncos win, he may have only completed 11 passes in two games but with the help of the triple option offense the Broncos have won them two games.

For me it's Aaron Rodgers, he can run from the line of scrimmage if he needs to but he's got incredible arm power and accuracy too and when you add that to a great WR group you can guarantee that you will see plenty of good throws and the Packers gaining plenty of passing yards.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:58 am

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:Tim Tebow is not a quarterback. He is a glorified slow running back.

That made me laugh!

Exciting QB's...
To be fair Vick is probably the most entertaining to watch. Its almost "will he run, will he throw a TD, will he throw an INT, will he get nailed" on everyplay

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:51 am

^^^ agree with this. Rodgers is almost too good now that you know he's going to complete.

Vick definitely most "exciting".

apart from Tebow Very Happy

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am

Cam Newton.

He's like Tim Tebow but he can throw.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:32 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Cam Newton.

He's like Tim Tebow but he can throw.

He can't win though Wink

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 am

You know Brady , Rodgers & Brees will complete most of the time
It's the QB's who have meltdowns as well as brilliance who are more interesting like Vick , Romo , Cutler
Cam gets my vote this year even though Panthers 2-7
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:00 am

Rodgers in on fire... Brady & Brees also in the same category.

Tebow & Vick are the most entertaining..... Great to have a qb conversation without the name Manning being brought up

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down