The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Betting At The Weekend

+5
mobilemaster8
Sam_London
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
AlexHuckerby
9 posters

Go down

Betting At The Weekend Empty Betting At The Weekend

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:00 pm

First fight of the night would be Jenkins Vs Tyrone Nurse. Last time I checked you can get Jenkins at 4/11. Reckon thats a safe bet, Nurse most certainly ain't stopping him and I don't believe he is outboxing Jenkins either, who won Prizefighter with relative ease. Nurse was outboxed by Adil Anwar who is an awkward customer and I reckons Jenkins can do something similar to outbox him to a points decision. Nurse is tough so I don't see him getting stopped, you could put on Jenkins by points which sounds relatively safe and you could get that around evens I would imagine, although odds haven't yet been released.

Danny Garcia feels a pretty sure bet to beat Peterson I think most would agree. But what annoys me most is that even if Garcia beats Peterson, SOMEHOW, and lord give me strength, give me the time of day to still bother following this sport HOW WILL PETERSON STILL HOLD THE IBF TITLE AFTER THIS FIGHT?! Does my nut in... But anyway... Can get Garcia at 4/11 just to win outright.

Another fight that's on is Lee/Quillin. I have too much of a hard time picking this one. But I just don't see it going the distance. Quillins a good solid hard puncher and can see him taking Lee out, but I think Lee has just found a little bit in himself recently with Booth as his trainer and think he's going tomakehimself tough as hell to beat and dangerous as hell to throw down with. The straight left and right hook he possesses could shake up Kid Chocolate. Lee's at 2/1 if you fancy him just outright win and Quillin is 4/11 on Betway.

Only other fight that is worth betting on would be Ward Vs Hughes, think (And yet again) Ward is 4/11 on to win outright whereas Hughes is 2/1 against. Difficult littletrade fight that however so wouldn't feel TOO confident betting either way on that.

Maybe stick £100 on a Garcia and Jenkins win, but I guess that doesn't bring back an awful lot unless you're picking which way. Think Garcia gets rid of Peterson and Jenkisn wins a decision, sticking £100 on that will get you a bit back, but don't bet anything you can't afford to lose!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Betting At The Weekend Empty Re: Betting At The Weekend

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm

Yea think Garcia is a sure fire bet, peterson is a biggish name but you look at his career its pretty poor. His best night was his victory over khan which was tainted and a draw against Ortiz who himself isn't an A level fighter. Lost convincingly to Bradley, iced by Matthyse and hasn't really got much else on his record

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

Buy yourself a bag of sweets instead Alex !!

The bookie always wins..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Buy yourself a bag of sweets instead Alex !!

The bookie always wins..

Up £800 over the past two months so they don't always win Smile

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 5:20 pm

Oh and if Liverpool and Munich win make that a grand.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:03 pm

Why is Peterson still a 'world' champion? The guy should be banned from fighting again. Oh wait, this is the IBF.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm

If I remember correctly Alex, if Peterson loses he gets stripped? Unless I've heard wrong.

My bet would be Garcia LKO, Jenkins UD and Quillin UD

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:56 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:If I remember correctly Alex, if Peterson loses he gets stripped? Unless I've heard wrong.

Have only just read that, which is great news.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:51 pm

Well done Alex, decent going. Made a small killing myself on a series of "Giroud to score & Arsenal to win" @ 5/1 & "Giroud or Sanchez to score" bets which have generally been 18/5, the Giroud one is down to 5/2 now, but if you hunt hard enough I suppose you can still find... (Can't work out exactly to the pound, but I've probably made 3-3.5k last two months thanks to Oliver). Over a large enough sample size, the bookie always wins, but thats more reliant on people having addictive personalities, and senselessly backing their teams. No reason you can't make a killing if you're calculating, patient, and go for the safest big money deals, there is a candy from a baby element to gambling
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:04 pm

kingraf wrote:Well done Alex, decent going. Made a small killing myself on a series of "Giroud to score & Arsenal to win" @ 5/1 & "Giroud or Sanchez to score" bets which have generally been 18/5, the Giroud one is down to 5/2 now, but if you hunt hard enough I suppose you can still find... (Can't work out exactly to the pound, but I've probably made 3-3.5k last two months thanks to Oliver). Over a large enough sample size, the bookie always wins, but thats more reliant on people having addictive personalities, and senselessly backing their teams. No reason you can't make a killing if you're calculating, patient, and go for the safest big money deals, there is a candy from a baby element to gambling

There is that but if you work out the probabilities you realise that 1 in 3 babies you encounter will be Tino's offspring. that's why I stay out of gambling.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:09 pm

you seem bitter shah. you weren't that librarian from runcorn were you?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:15 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:If I remember correctly Alex, if Peterson loses he gets stripped? Unless I've heard wrong.

what ibf rule is that? Oh this one.

33.b. a drug cheating champion may fight at a catchweight one pound over the championship limit with no belts on the line, and get knocked out without being stripped. Should he however, fight at a catchweight 3 pounds over the limit in a 'unification' fight with no belts on the line, he will most definitely get stripped of both his title and dignity if he is defeated. There will be no exceptions to this rule unless we subsequently decide otherwise.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

True, and I suppose people are loathe to discuss their losses... But I'm pretty chuffed with my going last few weeks. Tend to stay away from boxing, though as the nature of the sport does lend itself to heartbreaking results. Never turn down a 5/1 on Broner UD though.

As for the weekend's action. Peterson is a cretin, but Garcia doesn't always look too sharp, and against a bully, who probably won't over commit, there's a chance he gets hustled to death. 4/11 isn't inviting enough for me. Quillin vs Lee is a little more inviting. Lee is definitely the underdog, but he's an underdog with a cannon strapped to his right hand Gonna use my free R400 bet and punt Lee @4/1
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

Clarifying
Lee via Ko at 4/1
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:20 pm

milkyboy wrote:you seem bitter shah. you weren't that librarian from runcorn were you?

Thankfully no, Librarians are peddlers of blasphemy. To my family and friends It's akin to being scottish and wearing underwear made of lettuce.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm

Quillen by KO rounds 6-12 @ 3/1

I wouldnt go near anything else.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:33 pm

so raf.....  3.5k rand or sterling?

I tend to agree re garcia peterson. On the one hand garcia has handled two extremes of very dangerous opponent in khan and matthysse, on the other you just don't think you're witnessing anything special when you watch him and he should have an L on his record from the herrera fight.  Despite the khan result his problems seem to be more with boxers than brawlers, but if peterson stays on his feet, I too think he can hustle enough to make this close.

Garcia rightly favourite but not a foregone conclusion for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:11 am

Sterling Milky - that's why I could only give a rough ballpark figure. Can't convert out of hand to sterling because
- I don't know my multiples
- the economy probably weakened in the time I bragged about my winnings.

R3-3.5k isn't enough to buy a reasonable pair of sneakers anymore. In hindsight putting communists in charge of it was always going to end badly
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 09 Apr 2015, 8:37 am

Plus there seems to be an air of worry emanating from the garcia camp. Not particularly this camp but the behaviour since the matthyse win. At a time when they should be capitalising on a great victory they've gone to a couple of low key events then Peters on who is known but also has lost his luster and drive since the Khan fight and subsequent revelations. Reckon either garcia had the life beaten out of him despite weathering it seemingly Or he's been Camacho'd and can't fall back on hectors skill so they're waiting for an out of the blue call like Khan again.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down