The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II

+3
x12x
Thunder87
The_Enigma
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II - Page 2 Empty WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II

Post by The_Enigma Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the World Wrestling Association!

Noticeboard
Final PPV Show- Monday 4th May
Final PPV Voting - Friday 8th May

There will be No Lawyers this season due to lack of any being accepted last year so not worth the time unless a volunteer does them

Please use this thread to chat, relax, have fun and discuss your rosters and future storylines [/b]

Roster Pages

Tactics Page
Injuries
Rules
Fixtures & Results
League Table

Last edited by The_Enigma on Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II - Page 2 Empty Re: WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II

Post by The_Enigma Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:03 pm

They're both exceptional at what they do and I'd personally love them both in that type of environment open any show. Think sometimes the importance of the opening match get's over looked these days, viewers really need to hang onto something to make them invest in the rest of the show.

You going to post a card Uryu? Intrigued to see what you find.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:25 am

Uryu / Fernando are either / both of you happy with your fixture this week? If either of you would prefer a default win, I would be willing to swap with either of you.

Open to suggestions here but 100% sure on how we should score the season. Do we keep TNT's points but remove TOTSC / OPAL and give everybody defaults wins dating back to Week 1? Seems like the fairest way if Fernando has now re-joined.

Anybody else posting their 1 match from every promotion dream card? Only myself & Viper so far.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:17 pm

enig i would prefer not to have a default win as I am actually happy with my show :P

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:34 pm

I thought i couldn't enter due to 8 matches Erm Either way i don't mind who i face.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:39 pm

PPV Card id pay to see *Disclaimer i can't see a card for LOC at the moment angel

Dean Ambrose Vs Steve Austin (First Blood) (Main Event)

Queen of nXtreme - Queen in the Cell - Lita (c) vs Trish Stratus

Seth Rollins v Jeff Hardy ( Ladder War)

60 Minute Iron Man Match - Kyle O'Reilly v William Regal

Brock Lesnar vs Tensai

Tag Team Dumpster Match - The British Invasion Vs The Dudley Boy's

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:19 am

So, what's the pairings?

Also card

Edge Vs Chris Sabin (Career Threatening)

Sting Vs Randy Orton

British Invasion Vs the Dudley boy's (Tag Team Dumpster)

Eddie Edwards Vs Soloman Crowe

Jack Swagger Vs Mr Kennedy (3 Stages of Hell)

Seth Rollins Vs Jeff Hardy (Ladder War)

CM Punk Vs Hideo Itami

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:19 am

If someone can sort out the pairings, I'll vote this afternoon.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:33 am

Fernando's TNT will face Uryu. Rest of fixtures will remain the same.

TNT' seasons points tally will stand but all default wins will be given when against TOTSC / OPAL. its the fairest way possible for everybody

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 22 Apr 2015, 7:52 pm

xviperx wrote:Shouldn't it be:

XXX v WWR
TNT v SDF
TOTSC v NGPW (NGPW default win)
Nxtreme v LOC

So this then?
I'll start reading the shows now and hopefully vote tonight at the latest.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:09 am

Still awaiting votes / feedback from Fernando, Viper and Uryu. If all three of you manage to do so before this evening, I will be able to post results late this evening.

PPV Show Deadline - Monday 4th May (May Day Bank Holiday)

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

Viper can we also get the league table updated? TNT results will stand as they are, OPAL / TOTSC will now be given as default wins for everybody. PM me if you are struggling.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:10 pm

Votes/feedback sent.

As for the league, I'll have to do it on Saturday evening or even Sunday as I'm in my new job now and working out the standing will mean going back through each week to look at results etc.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Uryu Ishida Thu 23 Apr 2015, 9:27 pm

votes sent to enig

Uryu Ishida

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 23 Apr 2015, 10:44 pm

Week 7 Results

XXX 3-2 WWR - XXX Wins
Enigma, CJB, Gregers, Fernando & Uryu all voted.

TNT 2-3 SDF - SDF Wins
Enigma, CJB, Thunder, Gregers and Viper all voted.

TOTSC 0-5 NGPW - NGPW Wins
(NGPW default win)

nXtreme 5-0 LOC - nXtreme Wins
Enigma, Thunder, Fernando, Uryu and Viper all voted.

Week 7 Feedback

XXX
Very interested in the New York City Title, great dynamic created
Tag teams also all keeping me interested

XXX Feedback
+ Briscoe Feud. Mark Briscoe turning heel really caught my attention, almost everybody would have booked
this the other way round so nice to see Mark being treated as a 'serious' threat.
+ Joe Debut. Nicely done, main-event is starting to shape up nicely but would have to question the
stipulation, I'm thinking an instant cash-in seems a little to obvious at this point.
- New York City Title. Felt a little disjointed and thrown together to get everybody on the card. Again
can see alliances flying out the window with the stipulation.

XXX
Loved the surprise of Joe, really well done. I'm gonna predict the lions gate contract will be used at the end of the night Smile

WWR
Good builds of Tag Division
Bray was spooky
Still unsure about Malenko's position on the card

WWR
/ Opening Segment: Not sure if the young boy segment holds any signifcances but seems to have featured
in the last three shows. Not sure what to make of it.
+ Bray Wyatt. The segments have really advanced the character in to a real creep and it's the kind of TV
character that draws you in. Liked the link-up with The Boogyman.

WWR
Not really sure what to make of this week, Ambrose getting dropped like he did really killed it for me as well as the freaky court scene. Barret being awesome at the end couldn't really pick it up. Also, Y2J v Malenko ; my instincts are this had better be an ultimate submission match.

TNT Feedback
+ KOTR. Personally, a tournament I would love to see return. Some of the matches heading into Night 2 looks incredible on paper. I know in previous seasons, Tensai has been built like a monster so I can't wait to see Lesnar / Tensai. I smell an upset.
- Random Parings. Would have liked to see some of the heavyweights paired together then some of the high flyers pared together. Random parings didn't provide any real shocks on who was going to advance.

TNT
Felt the majority of the matches were predictable.
A few of the matches sounded interesting and PPV looks good

TNT
TNT's King Of The Ring tournament was a weird read, it felt like an extended recap with not much going on in terms of story line. It wasn't bad, the matches were well written and some I'd like to see but due to it being match after match and hardly any segments it would be hard to give it a proper review as a tv show. This felt almost like a house show and despite the match ups that we have to look forward to at the PPV, it didn't really have enough to grab my attention

SDF Feedback
+ Unique Stipulation. Main event seems quite intriguing now, the 3 requests open up a lot of doors and have no clue what any team would want so this has me invested.
+ Character Development. Liked Seth Rollins breaking away from the rest of the roster. Rollins Vs Hardy should make a great ladder match.
- Random Parings. Some nice matches put together on the card, others seem a little rushed without
the need of the stipulation, tables match is a prime example.

SDF
Nice Lana twist. Characters of Rollins and Zayn very interesting to me

SDF
I gave SDF the vote this week but this is down to the fact that TNT was basically a recap show. I like aspects of SDF such as the teams that have formed but overall the show just doesn't connect with me and I think that is due to the build over the past few weeks. The card for the PPV looks good but I'm slightly unsure of who is in each team so that being explained would be good, I'm also confused as to how Rollins is going to be in a match like Ladder War but then fight in the main event as well. Overall SDF has some good ideas but on the whole feels thrown together. SDF had one really good idea which has been fun to read but one idea alone will not produce a great season.

nXtreme
+ Overall PPV Card. Every single match has history and has had some form of build up. Personally looking forward to seeing if Bennett can win the 'big one' and how Edge / Sabin plays out.
- 4 Match Card. Not sure if timing has been an issue, but would have liked to see an additional match. Felt the presence of Cena, Aries and Sabin missing from the match card.

NXT
Sabin v Edge has sold me, THAT is how you get interest! VERY WELL DONE

Nxtreme
This week Nxtreme was a little up and down for me, overall a brilliant show with good story telling but at points, it was hard to read due to the length of it. I like that Greggers is fitting a lot in but in reality, I could see myself turning off the tv due to just how many backstage segments there are compared to wrestling. I'm still enjoying the humour at points with A-Ry and Spud still making me chuckle but i'm not sure if I'm only enjoying it due to the the overall quality of the show. Now with the positives! The show was a great go home show, with the PPV being hyped all the way throughout and the brilliant build of characters still stands out. Chris Sabin has remained a brilliant character despite not being near the main event, heel Cena works really well and in all honesty, Greggers has made a good PPV card from a roster I shouldn't really care about.

LOC Feedback
+ Ultimo Dragon Invitational. Great excuse to have a high-flying multi-man ladder match. Hope this leads to an angle down the line with Ultimo Dragon
- Storyline Recaps. Felt the show would have hugley benefits from highlights or recaps so the reader can easily go on the journey of the storyline

LOC
Not much I can say, you put on a very loaded show and the matches announced screamed quality, just the shortness of them made me feel sad and a little let down.

LOC
I hate to be harsh but this show really didn't do anything for me this week, I felt that although the writing hasn't been bad up until this point there wasn't much that connected with me. The show overall felt as if it was just chucking stuff at the wall to see what sticks, the Dragon Challenge is a cool idea but was made to feel as if it was just there to give the high flyers something to do. Certain PPV matches really do not feel like they are PPV quality. Reigns/Luger and Rock/Bryan being the best example of this as I really hoped that Reigns and Rock would have a singles match. Daniel Bryan is arguably one of the biggest stars in wrestling in the last few years and he feels tacked on to a match here. The booking of Kevin Owens also confused me, although he was dominant the match was too vague and did nothing for either man. The match left Abyss looking weak and having Owens end the match with a random move that he doesn't do just felt odd. On the plus side, The Dragon Challenge does sound cool and Punk and Itami feels like a really great fued. I hope I'm wrong about the PPV but considering that the world title was hardly hyped on the go home show and Ricochet who is a great wrestler was nowhere to be seen, I don't have much to go on.

NGPW
Good build for the PPV all the way through. The main event was brilliant

NGPW
NGPW this season has probably been the most consistent show we've had, the story lines have been built up well and each match seems to have a purpose. This week is no different with NGPW pushing forward to it's PPV. This show was really good, the build of Devitt despite a loss continues, Zack Sabre Jr coming back was awesome as I really do like him as a wrestler and you can really feel the friendship between Roode and Christian making their match next week a huge one. Looking at the FLW II card, I'm pretty excited for the show. Roode/Christian and the Main Event look to steal the show but I'm still unsure about Raven...this PPV is set out for him to defy the odds but with him being a heel it feels a bit confusing. Overall a good show and a great send off for the PPV.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 23 Apr 2015, 11:22 pm

In-regard to the kid segment, it's just the opening vignette, I know it's nothing important but, I can't stop myself from writing it.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:18 am

NGPW – 28 (default wins: 1 (opal))
nXtreme – 24 (default wins: 1 (SDF no show))
XXX – 14 (default wins: 1 (opal))
TNT – 12 (default wins: 2 (opal/fixture change))*
SDF – 11 (default wins: 1/2? (opal/XPW/LOC?))**
WWR (ASWF) – 11 (default wins: 1 (Opal))
L.O.C (XPW) – 7 (default wins: 1 (opal))

* TNT got two bye weeks due to fixtures being paired up, this is also why nXtreme ended up without a bye week against OPAL.

** SDF had 1 official bye week against OPAL but only faced a recap show when facing XPW/LOC

Last edited by xviperx on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:25 am; edited 1 time in total

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:24 am

Really happy with my feedback as I feel as if people are finally over my little indie fed having virtually no 'big' names. It's taken a while but I think the booking is coming through at last. Hopefully next season I can hit the ground running, I know I say I'm doing this for the fun of it and care more about feedback but I wouldn't mind fighting for top of the league at some point haha.

The feedback this week seemed fair, the NYC Title Survivor Series match was planned from the first PPV though...it's the reason I created Tomasso Ciampa's little team and why I created the untrusting allegiance between the Champion Matt Sydal, the two men who want to take the title (Hero and Alexander) and the man who is against Ciampa (Busick) BUT I feel as if i might not have got this across as I had wished.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 24 Apr 2015, 10:43 am

Thanks for drafting up the league table Viper! Nice to see that after what has been a shambles this season, it's worked out quite fairley and everybody has had 1 default win in some form.

Even going to into the final show, everybody still has something to play for.

I'm still unsure about Raven...this PPV is set out for him to defy the odds but with him being a heel it feels a bit confusing
Thought I'd offer some clarity here... Raven is the tweener of the three. He wants the title and has a valid title shot and will do everything in his power including manipulating Christian but Prince Devitt see's Raven as a threat or a nuisance and is abusing his power with Stephanie to make it as difficult as possible for him to get in the main event. Maybe it didn't come across as much as I'd hope but all three offer something different coming into the main-event, that's if Raven can even get there...

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 24 Apr 2015, 6:12 pm

With the way it started I never saw myself coming third so that's my goal now. Is it weird that I already have parts of Season 9? That's if there is a season 9...

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:09 pm

QOTD:
With the season almost over how do you think it has gone for your federation? What went better than you thought and what didn't quite work out? If you could go back would you change things?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:20 pm

Badly
Nothing
Everything
Actually do more then 3 shows

Just FYI i shall be going halfsie's next year can't be arsed with all the writing so if anyone needs a match writer let me know.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:40 pm

If it wasn't for your dislike of long promo segments I'd take you up on halfsie's

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm

If i don't have to write them it's fine Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 25 Apr 2015, 4:49 pm

season 9: build on season 8
season 10: join up with another writer for a joint season

Planning ahead!

Will answer my own QOTD soon.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:27 pm

I have a few ideas for next season as I want to continue WWR so, when I've got some time it be nice to speak to you, Nando and see what you think and if it's something you'd like to get involved with.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat 25 Apr 2015, 6:20 pm

QOTD:

With the season almost over how do you think it has gone for your federation?
I'm actually shocked with how it's gone, straight away I could see my roster would put certain people off to the point where storylines would end up being ignored just because the people I use aren't massive names. Right now I'm glad to see that my storylines and writing seem to have paid off.

What went better than you thought...
As I said, I saw myself coming last but the last two weeks have shown that the storylines I've come up with have actually began to get through to people. I think I've kept the writing to a pretty good standard and I've done my best to give everyone a place on the card.

...and what didn't quite work out?
I think at first I did just throw the New York City title storyline together but that has culminated in a match that should be enjoyable to read. I also wish people had taken the time to look up certain guys because I honestly think my roster is ridiculously talented...just not names you'd usually see.

If you could go back would you change things?
Probably not, I know if I went back and got a few bigger names then I might have ended up with a better points total BUT then it wouldn't be XXX wrestling...next season I may start to look for bigger names but right now I'm happy with how things are looking.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:56 pm

Quick Question:

X-Fest is a 2 day event...am I allowed to post it on separate days? My goal is to post the first night on the 3rd and the second on the 4th. Here's the poster btw...

WWA Season 8 Homepage Chat II - Page 2 Xfest10

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 28 Apr 2015, 10:30 am

Absolutely fine to post as two shows but I must stress that they really need to be back-to-back otherwise the rest of us are having to scroll up and down the page to read your show in parts.

I will take a stab at the QOTD later this morning.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:23 pm

I'll probably end up posting them on the same day one after another but I'll make them two separate posts.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:34 pm

QOTD
Are you planning on returning for WWA Season 9 and if so do you have any ideas?

Fernando can even back me up on this but I was seriously planning on retiring and handing WWA over to anybody else who wanted to takeover for a new season. Last couple of seasons, I have been seriously disappointed with a select few on how they departed from WWA but I think I can we're in a position now where we have a select core of members and I'm hoping to see one or two teams form next season to cope with the workload.

I already have the skeleton of the entire season planned out now for the major storylines. Just need to figure some of the undercard along with some back-up targets and we'll be ready to go.

What changes would you make for the up and coming season?
I'll leave that up to you lot to decide.

What would be an ideal start date for a new season to return?
I'd say end of summer. Probably August or September. Need a break so we don't burnout but also don't want to run into the Xmas period where previous seasons have crashed spectacularly.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 28 Apr 2015, 12:53 pm

I already have a season 9 shopping list for my roster

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 1:56 pm

Why did I put a triple threat tag match on my PPV card? #glutonforpunishment

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

xviperx wrote:I already have a season 9 shopping list for my roster

Mine is taking shape too, got a couple of ideas theme wisr

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

Nice to see that we have a core planning out their next season! I'm planning on sending out a feedback form for everybody that took part this season but realistically, when would you like to see the new season return?

Thunder - I can only sympathize! I tend to stray away from triple threat tags at all cost. Only multi-tag matches I will touch is elimination tags. They can be quite fun.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 Apr 2015, 3:12 pm

I just stay away from tag matches Laugh Looking forward to my PPV lots of different idea how to go chin

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 4:16 pm

Tag Turmoil was quite fun to write last PPV. I'm guessing Nando if we do team up next season, I'm writing the tag matches then?

My show is 90% written so, nothing is going to change the outcomes now but, I was wondering what you guys predict for In Your Face : Ashes to Ashes. Here's the card to remind you of the matches.

Heroes 4 Hire Vs J&J Security
The Ascension Vs The Usos Vs MVP & Henry (Tag)(No DQ Triple Threat Tag)
New Day Vs Samoan Gangsta’s & Sheamus
Jack Swagger w/Zeb Coulter Vs Ken Kennedy (IN)(Three stages of hell)(Submissions only/Street Fight/???) (Cage/Ladder)
Dean Malenko Vs Chris Jericho (Stipulation Unknown
Dean Ambrose Vs Steve Austin (First Blood)
Bray Wyatt Vs Wade Barrett (World)(Live Free or Die)

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 4:17 pm

As for next season in about 3 months sounds good

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 30 Apr 2015, 4:20 pm

Thunder87 wrote:Tag Turmoil was quite fun to write last PPV. I'm guessing Nando if we do team up next season, I'm writing the tag matches then?

Id give it a go but im not very good at them Laugh If want to talk about ideas then PM me but other then that im still available for business Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 30 Apr 2015, 6:30 pm

I have three tag team matches and a survivor series style tag match even before reaching my main event which is an elimination triple threat tag match in a cage...

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Thu 30 Apr 2015, 11:08 pm

I need to stop procrastinating, I've one match left to shoot and then I'm done but, I've spent the last 2 hours doing Poopie all

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Fri 01 May 2015, 2:00 am

It may have taken 6 hours to finish but, I finished my main event and In Your Face is now live.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 03 May 2015, 8:39 pm

Well there we have it, NGPW bring Season 4 (WWA Season 8) down with a close by finishing with 'Famous Last Words II'. I apologies if it came across as a little long but there were really no matches I couldn't cut out.

Will be adding highlight packages and such tomorrow. This has wiped me out!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 03 May 2015, 8:46 pm

Will be writing my matches tonight and finishing them tomorrow. 10 matches to write Sad Shocked

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 03 May 2015, 8:50 pm

I shall write my whole show tomorrow inside a 2 hour period Ok! Still not actually planned what ill do but it's all good Laugh

I will take payments of skittles for help Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 03 May 2015, 9:28 pm

M&Ms > Skittles

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sun 03 May 2015, 10:12 pm

Hero, what do you think of my roster then?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 04 May 2015, 12:28 am

Night One of X-FEST posted! Will post Night Two tomorrow after work!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 04 May 2015, 6:23 pm

EDIT

Internet crashed and lost the whole bloody show! Wont be up tonight, had one match left to write and would have been done

FFS

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 04 May 2015, 9:59 pm

Yep its all gone, will rewrite the whole ppv tomorrow

sorry guys, will be up by end of tomorrow hopefully

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 04 May 2015, 10:05 pm

My show will put up tomorrow 75% of the way there rather do a proper job then a half assed one.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next