The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather jabs Ali

+16
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
DuransHorse
horizontalhero
88Chris05
hampo17
Rowley
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
ShahenshahG
Coxy001
Rodney
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Rodney Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

The self proclaimed TBE on why Ali can't be rated a better fighter than him

"He only fought in one weight class. Leon Spinks only had seven fights. " Mayweather said "Never put a fighter in there with Floyd Mayweather with seven fights. Take punishment and let a man tire yourself out from beating you ? You hit him with a few punches and go down and quit and you want to be glorified for that ?"

I'm taking it Floyd hasn't watched the fight as he should know Ali was winning. He should take note of the challenges Ali took, instead of waiting many moons on agreeing to fight an ex-flyweight, he should also take note we still watching Ali's fights 40-50 years later, I highly doubt anyone has rewatched many of Mayweathers fights, once is more than enough.

Cheers, Rodders

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/mayweather-nobody-brainwash-me-ali-better--90013
Rodney
Rodney

Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-02-15
Age : 45
Location : Thirsk

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Coxy001 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

Rodders, I doubt FMJ could have been particularly serious on this... It's just him creating headlines to sell the fight, nothing more nothing less. And good god he spouts some rubbish in doing so.

Not even the biggest fanboy could agree with one element of the above.

Forum is pretty quiet with this fight looming... perhaps we should invite D4 back.... no, wait, shudder. Sorry, had a moment there.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:46 am

Don't think there's much to say that hasn't been said. Fight fever will hit around the last week or so but this subject has been done to death for everyone barring of course the aforementioned imbecile

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:54 am

He probably thinks that athletes get better with each generation (not that I think this is always the case in boxing)

Sugar Ray Leonard always says, the fighter in him believes he could beat Mike Tyson. He obviously knows he can't but the point is, a true champion has to have a mindset that he is the best.

If Floyd believes Ali, Robinson and the like are better than himself. Would he train as hard? Would he still be fighting?

I think if you read between the lines, he respects the guys before them but he didn't give his life to boxing, to say people are better than him.

Is he arrogant? Yes he is but that self believe and arrogance is one of the reasons he is were he is at today.

Pacquiao is more humble in person but I'm sure he doesn't watch old videos of Duran and the like and think them guys are far too good for him. He is probably thinking he could win and why wouldn't he? All great champions believe they are the best.

I am pretty sure if you asked Roy Jones or James Toney how they would fair with Ray Leonard or Hagler, they would both say they would win.

It is a fighters mindset. Ali claimed he was the greatest when he was still fighting, he certainly was the greatest heavyweight.

Do I believe Floyd is the best ever? No I don't.

However I believe he is a technical genuis and is certainly up there with the greats, at least as far as ability and work ethic is concerned. He hasn't the record to be the best ever.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

Floyd is good at drumming up some interest.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:21 am

At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Coxy001 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:32 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

Doesn't mean a huge amount nowadays as you can take a dump and drop a weight class in the lower weights

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:38 am

Ali never charged people an admission fee for a weigh-in...boxing dies a little more with every passing hour it seems.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:49 am

DAVE667 wrote:Ali never charged people an admission fee for a weigh-in...boxing dies a little more with every passing hour it seems.

No doubt if it is for charity, Floyd will be wanting a 60-40 split on his end.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 10:53 am

AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Ali never charged people an admission fee for a weigh-in...boxing dies a little more with every passing hour it seems.

No doubt if it is for charity, Floyd will be wanting a 60-40 split on his end.
I'm sure both fighters can afford to donate some money to charity from their $100million+ purses rather than ripping off the boxing fans even more....c*nts!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:00 am

DAVE667 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Ali never charged people an admission fee for a weigh-in...boxing dies a little more with every passing hour it seems.

No doubt if it is for charity, Floyd will be wanting a 60-40 split on his end.
I'm sure both fighters can afford to donate some money to charity from their $100million+ purses rather than ripping off the boxing fans even more....c*nts!

It is absolutely ridiculous the amount of money these 2 guys are going to make, not to mention crooked promoters. Oh well that is modern sport for you. Big business.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 11:59 am

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

Robbo only won titles at two...

Better put Manny at P4p number 1..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:02 pm

The issue here is with people who take it seriously and largely because a modern fighter namely Mayweather has said something negative about one of the untouchables.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm

Who remembers Marciano and jockstrap

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who remembers Marciano and jockstrap
Great days at the Oyster

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 21 Apr 2015, 12:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

Robbo only won titles at two...

Better put Manny at P4p number 1..

By Floyds logic then it looks like it, Manny is ATG #1 p4p

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:11 pm

Floyd's just mad Ali picked Manny to whup his as.s
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16587
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:27 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

Robbo only won titles at two...

Better put Manny at P4p number 1..

By Floyds logic then it looks like it, Manny is ATG #1 p4p

Thank goodness the majority of us use common sense and have Floyd and Robbo higher..

Always be muppets though..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm

Doubt Manny will be whipping Floyds a.s, though I have been wrong before.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:33 pm

AdamT wrote:Doubt Manny will be whipping Floyds a.s, though I have been wrong before.

Let's hope you aren't wrong now.....

I'd feel like Sly stallone in First Blood on here !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:38 pm

Cool
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:Doubt Manny will be whipping Floyds a.s, though I have been wrong before.

Let's hope you aren't wrong now.....

I'd feel like Sly stallone in First Blood on here !!!!


Don't know why, but I am very confident Floyd is going to win this fight rather easily. I would of picked him to win any time but I think Since Pacquiao got sparked, I pick Floyd to stop him.

People think Floyd doesn't hit hard. They are wrong. Granted he is no Tommy Hearns, but if Floyd sits down on his punches he can definitely stop Pacquiao in my opinion.

I know the smart money is on a decision for either fighter but it takes a lot for a fighter to get over a concussion like Manny suffered. He wasn't just wobbled and a bit dazed. He was out cold!

Floyd Stoppage between 9 and 12.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Rowley Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

You may be proven to be right Adam, but can never really see why people tip Floyd for a stoppage. The only person he has stopped since Hatton is Ortiz and lets be honest that was something of a stealth attack. As you say Floyd hits a little harder than he gets credit for but at welter a puncher he ain’t. Think Floyd will win this one, but for the life of me I can’t see him stopping Manny or any decent welter. Well set up for a decent slice of humble pie in around 10 days now!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Posts : 22053
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 51
Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:52 pm

Smile
Rowley wrote:You may be proven to be right Adam, but can never really see why people tip Floyd for a stoppage. The only person he has stopped since Hatton is Ortiz and lets be honest that was something of a stealth attack. As you say Floyd hits a little harder than he gets credit for but at welter a puncher he ain’t. Think Floyd will win this one, but for the life of me I can’t see him stopping Manny or any decent welter. Well set up for a decent slice of humble pie in around 10 days now!

Hatton and Mosley both said fighters go in the survival mode against Floyd and Floyd being cautious doesn't usually push for the knock out.

Also Manny isn't a real welter. He is much smaller than most of Floyd's recent opponent. Floyd would never have knocked out Manny 5 years ago but since Marquez, I think Manny is there to be chinned. Just my opinion of course.

Floyd himself recently hinted he would stop Manny because like Hatton he wouldn't stop coming forward and fight to the end.

If I am wrong I will be the first to come on and admit my bold prediction was stupid.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by hampo17 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:54 pm

This will be a draw, set up a huge rematch in the process. If you haven't done so get your predictions on the sticky thread at the top, £50 to charity for the winner Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Posts : 9108
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 36

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Apr 2015, 3:59 pm

Maidana isn't anymore a real welterweight than Manny.
Maidana went forward for 24 straight rounds. He didn't even dart in and out, he blindly charged for 24 rounds.
Maidana wasn't at any stage in danger of being dropped by Mayweather.

Think you're overrating Mayweather's KO power if I'm honest. And given the lack of knockouts in the last five odd years... I'm not even sure what you're basing your overestimation on
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16587
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:02 pm

kingraf wrote:Maidana isn't anymore a real welterweight than Manny.
Maidana went forward for 24 straight rounds. He didn't even dart in and out, he blindly charged for 24 rounds.
Maidana wasn't at any stage in danger of being dropped by Mayweather.

Think you're overrating Mayweather's KO power if I'm honest. And given the lack of knockouts in the last five odd years... I'm not even sure what you're basing your overestimation on

Think Maidana was around 160-165 on fight night. Floyd probably 150. Plus Maidana hasn't been chinned liked Manny. I am basing my estimation on Manny being put to sleep not that long ago.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:20 pm

Going back to the original article, Mayweather knows that nobody is going to even bat an eyelid at him claiming to be the greatest. We've been hearing that since the De la Hoya fight.

In order to make people talk about his 'TBE' claims he needs to come up with some blatantly ridiculous theories and reasons for it - mission accomplished. His whole argument is akin to that of a ten year old and is easily picked apart or at least countered, but that's what he wants. As long as he's riling people up and getting them talking about him, he'll be happy. The self-absorbed prat is probably checking how many re-tweets or 'likes' on Facebook his little comments re: Ali have had every hour and boasting about how this proves he's the biggest star in world sports.

The fact that he's picked boxing biggest ever icon, who happens to be ailing in recent times, will always get the over-senstive types a little worked up, though. Thankfully we haven't got any over-sensitive drama queens on here though, eh boys!?
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9640
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 35
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm

Maidana hasn't been KO'ED, of course... But that was a hail Mary punch by Marquez, helped by Manny charging in of course, but the force would have knocked anyone out. Also, Maidana was dropped thrice by Ortiz, and once by Khan. So he's hardly a Chavez in the chin department. Morales had him in real trouble too, if I recall.

Just think basing your prediction on that KO is like saying the English defence is vulnerable to the mazing run past four players and round the keeper after Maradona scored THAT goal
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16587
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

kingraf wrote:Maidana hasn't been KO'ED, of course... But that was a hail Mary punch by Marquez, helped by Manny charging in of course, but the force would have knocked anyone out. Also, Maidana was dropped thrice by Ortiz, and once by Khan. So he's hardly a Chavez in the chin department. Morales had him in real trouble too, if I recall.

Just think basing your prediction on that KO is like saying the English defence is vulnerable to the mazing run past four players and round the keeper after Maradona scored THAT goal

It's a gut feeling Raf. Just think Pacquiaos chin is finished.Perhaps you are right, maybe Flyod doesn't have the power (time will tell) but Pacquiaos chin is gone in my opinion. He has been fighting smaller guys since his ko. Before that he would take on real welters but now I think he has been carefully matched to protect his china nd build some confidence for this fight.


AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Coxy001 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:54 pm

AdamT wrote:
kingraf wrote:Maidana hasn't been KO'ED, of course... But that was a hail Mary punch by Marquez, helped by Manny charging in of course, but the force would have knocked anyone out. Also, Maidana was dropped thrice by Ortiz, and once by Khan. So he's hardly a Chavez in the chin department. Morales had him in real trouble too, if I recall.

Just think basing your prediction on that KO is like saying the English defence is vulnerable to the mazing run past four players and round the keeper after Maradona scored THAT goal

It's a gut feeling Raf. Just think Pacquiaos chin is finished.Perhaps you are right, maybe Flyod doesn't have the power (time will tell) but Pacquiaos chin is gone in my opinion. He has been fighting smaller guys since his ko. Before that he would take on real welters but now I think he has been carefully matched to protect his china nd build some confidence for this fight.


Heavily disagree that he's going to get knocked out by one shot, it just ain't gonna happen. What may happen is he eventually get worn down by a series of punches and gets pulled by the corner/ref, that's the more likely scenario.

Regarding his chin no longer being there - he took an absolute humdinger of a punch, it happens. It's not like Hatton who you could see was having issues with Lazcano (big ones at that) after getting knocked out then went down against a punch I reckon he would've stood up to in his prime (the first knockdown I'm on about) against Pacquiao.

The smart money is on Floyd by points, which is round 1/2 so you're better off pumping a load on that.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 5:10 pm

Don't mean one shot. Just think Floyd can stop him. Time will tell.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:42 pm

Can't see Floyd stopping him..........What he will have to do as a "must" is control the pace !!

He'll have to counter effectively early on... to make Manny think about rushing in as much...

Pace is everything in this fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40506
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

Spot on Trussy. If Manny relentlessly charges forward for twelve rounds, he's probably at worst made it close on the cards.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16587
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:23 pm

I'm definitely in the minority but sticking to my guns. Just hope it's cracking fight

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by horizontalhero Wed 22 Apr 2015, 9:08 am

I think it's foot work that will determine the fight- if Manny can keep circling to his right and making Floyd in turm having to rotate anticlockwise it will open up his shoulder away from his chin and leave him open to Manny's right hands. On the other hand if Floyd can keep cirlcing left and gets his jab outside of mannys right hand , Manny will be kept off balance as he over reaches to try and land his left after missing with his jab, and floyd will land countless right hand counters.
Roach has repeatedly made reference to Floyd's legs being 'gone' and I think that will be a major factor in their plan, and will be relying on the fact that floyd won't be up on his toes for 12 rounds.
Agree with Kingy that Manny rushing in could be his downfall, Floyds will be if he decide to sit down and try and go to the body and fight on the inside- Manny could then buzz in and out spin off to the right throwing flurries that win the rounds.
Having initially not been to bothered about this fight when it was announced, I am now fizzing like a kid in candy store, can't wait for it!

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by DuransHorse Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:13 am

I see they have announced Kenny Bayless as the ref. Does this favour either fighter? Maidana 2 he was a bit involved at times but I generally think he's quite good.

DuransHorse

Posts : 727
Join date : 2014-08-02

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:At least floyd has admitted that Pacquiao ha a better legacy then him

Manny fought in 8 weight categories, floyd only fought in 7! Argument sorted

Robbo only won titles at two...

Better put Manny at P4p number 1..

By Floyds logic then it looks like it, Manny is ATG #1 p4p

Thank goodness the majority of us use common sense and have Floyd and Robbo higher..

Always be muppets though..

I.e. Floyd.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:29 am

AdamT wrote:
kingraf wrote:Maidana isn't anymore a real welterweight than Manny.
Maidana went forward for 24 straight rounds. He didn't even dart in and out, he blindly charged for 24 rounds.
Maidana wasn't at any stage in danger of being dropped by Mayweather.

Think you're overrating Mayweather's KO power if I'm honest. And given the lack of knockouts in the last five odd years... I'm not even sure what you're basing your overestimation on

Think Maidana was around 160-165 on fight night. Floyd probably 150. Plus Maidana hasn't been chinned liked Manny. I am basing my estimation on Manny being put to sleep not that long ago.

Fanboy-pieinthesky-itis.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:30 am

Genuinely don't know why anyone cares about his comments made about two of the sports biggest loud mouths anyway, didn't Ali proclaim himself the greatest before he even won the title?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:30 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
kingraf wrote:Maidana isn't anymore a real welterweight than Manny.
Maidana went forward for 24 straight rounds. He didn't even dart in and out, he blindly charged for 24 rounds.
Maidana wasn't at any stage in danger of being dropped by Mayweather.

Think you're overrating Mayweather's KO power if I'm honest. And given the lack of knockouts in the last five odd years... I'm not even sure what you're basing your overestimation on

Think Maidana was around 160-165 on fight night. Floyd probably 150. Plus Maidana hasn't been chinned liked Manny. I am basing my estimation on Manny being put to sleep not that long ago.

Fanboy-pieinthesky-itis.

Pretty much accepted that they were the ring weights Toppy.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:01 pm

'Accepted' - were they weighed? And if not where were those figures derived from??

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm

They were the figures quoted by Showtime following the check weigh in, unless you know better than them based solely on your dislike for Mayweather?

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Bayless response to Mayweathet constantly clinching was to shout "I got you!" And part them while never issuing a warning at any point. He looked terrified when Floyd was rocked right at the end of one of the rounds. Not the best pick for a Floyd fight in my opinion

John Bloody Wayne

Posts : 4460
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : behind you

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:18 pm

Yeh, it's been mentioned a lot on Twitter than Bayless is a very PBF-friendly/pro-PBF ref.

That said, can't see this as the kind of fight with a lot of clinching, Manny isn't going to trying for an inside game, he knows he'll never win.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:21 pm

The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Coxy001 Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

AdamT wrote:The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

To my knowledge Adam, FMJ hasn't had his ring weight officially announced for years..... So at best, it's guesswork and not fact. Not having a go, just using the word 'fact' when it's not applicable in my eyes.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:47 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

To my knowledge Adam, FMJ hasn't had his ring weight officially announced for years..... So at best, it's guesswork and not fact. Not having a go, just using the word 'fact' when it's not applicable in my eyes.

Was weighed couple weeks ago at 150 on 30 day weigh in.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:50 pm

Coxy001 wrote:
AdamT wrote:The weights I state is fact.

Maidana was over 160 and Floyd normally weighs around 150. How is that fanboy when I state facts?

To my knowledge Adam, FMJ hasn't had his ring weight officially announced for years..... So at best, it's guesswork and not fact. Not having a go, just using the word 'fact' when it's not applicable in my eyes.

No boxer has his ring weight officially announced Coxy, Showtime weighed both Mayweather and Maidana before the fight in their dressing rooms and announced those weights on their broadcast. That isnt guesswork, it is something that did actually happen.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by AdamT Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:51 pm

My guess is Pacquiao will weigh around 146 and Mayweather 151 on fight night. Both could fight at Jr Welter easily. Pacquiao could probably still fight at light weight with a good water cut

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Nico the gman Wed 22 Apr 2015, 12:57 pm

Would love to see Manny stick it to Mayweather and knock this git off his perch, but head tells me Mayweather Pts.

Nico the gman

Posts : 1753
Join date : 2011-09-21
Location : middlesbrough

Back to top Go down

Mayweather jabs Ali Empty Re: Mayweather jabs Ali

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum