The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschko vs Jennings

+8
Derbymanc
ShahenshahG
kingraf
catchweight
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Hammersmith harrier
monty junior
12 posters

Go down

Klitschko vs Jennings Empty Klitschko vs Jennings

Post by monty junior Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:21 am

Weigh in took place earlier with Wlad coming in at 241.6, the lightest he's been since Chagaev 6 years ago. Jennings looks in good shape at just under 227. There was the usual hilarity from Briggs who ended up face to face with Wilder, they might as well just fight, he would still be the second best fighter Wilder had fought!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Klitschko vs Jennings Empty Re: Klitschko vs Jennings

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Apr 2015, 12:36 am

Then there was Lennox watching it all serenely probably thinking 'I could knock you all out on the same night'.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:34 pm

Sad state of affairs really.

Klitschko-Jennings is a "nothing" heavyweight fight. Jennings is so far down on the "who is he?" list that nearly everybody bar die-hard boxing fans don't know the name and won't care. By the end of the evening he will be able to say he fought a few rounds with the heavyweight champ. I can't see anything other than a WK jab jab hold then open up beat down over about 7 rounds. To paraphrase Don King, Jennings has 2 chances - slim & none, and slim's left town!

On the other hand, Wilder vs Briggs could and would likely be hilarious fun. 2 hard punchers doubtless going for it. I don't think Briggs would have a hope in hell but it'd be far more entertaining than Jennings is likely to be!!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

Jennings is a lot better than people are giving him credit for, he's fairly athletic and unlike the touted Fury does possess some boxing ability.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Jennings is a lot better than people are giving him credit for, he's fairly athletic and unlike the touted Fury does possess some boxing ability.

Indeed true Hammer, but can you actually see anything but Wlad wearing him down before stopping him??

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:41 pm

Please Mr jennings put us all out of our misery..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 25 Apr 2015, 5:44 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Jennings is a lot better than people are giving him credit for, he's fairly athletic and unlike the touted Fury does possess some boxing ability.

Indeed true Hammer, but can you actually see anything but Wlad wearing him down before stopping him??

Wlad will win but I am intrigued to see how he does against someone with a bit of speed and a longer reach.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:20 am

Watching a rather embarrassing montage of big Wlad fights you realise how much he relies on pushing and holding/punching, the comparisons to Holmes, Lewis and Louis are blasphemous for me, the title defences are not comparable, a so called boxing channel should know better.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:31 am

Hes been around for like 20 years, You are only figuring this out now?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:43 am

OK

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 26 Apr 2015, 2:06 am

That boxnation pudnit looks like he has cancer or aids or something. He used to be a little fat cockney geezer. He looks like hes wasting away.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 26 Apr 2015, 4:25 am

Another state side sell out for the guy who apparently can't draw in the States. Naff fight this is gonna be though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:06 am

Not a bad fight actually. Not great but watchable. klitschko looks as if he is slowing down but that might be due to fighting a more mobile fighter. Roll on fury and wilder.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

kingraf wrote:Another state side sell out for the guy who apparently can't draw in the States. Naff fight this is gonna be though

If he was big in the States he'd stay there !!!!!

Lewis could have sold outstadiums over here.................But he fought in the USA..........

Don't be a silly billy......He stinks his fights are 99% boring and he's bad for the sport.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:36 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
kingraf wrote:Another state side sell out for the guy who apparently can't draw in the States. Naff fight this is gonna be though

If he was big in the States he'd stay there !!!!!

Lewis could have sold outstadiums over here.................But he fought in the USA..........

Don't be a silly billy......He stinks his fights are 99% boring and he's bad for the sport.

How is he bad for the sport Truss, regulaly sells out in Germany, has big numbers on the gogglebox whenever he fights and (whilst I'm not a fan) generally puts on a spectacle for the fans (not his boxing just in general) and he's gone over and sold out in the states. 

I get you don't like him (he bores me too tears as well) but that doesn't mean he's bad for boxing.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:52 am

It's the blue riband division........When Heavyweight boxing thrives it tends to trickle down.....

Since Lewis.... Heavy boxing has died on it's backside...........

One of the reasons I want Joshua to get a move on...........I don't rate Wilder...

Hopefully we'll never see the debacle of two brothers holding the greatest prize in sports again at the same time...

I thought when the Williams sisters were in most finals it demeaned Women's tennis.......Great prizes should be hard to win not for a family to share out......It's demeaning !!..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:55 am

Haven't watched the fight yet but it's good to hear that Wlad has finally fought someone with the ability to make things slightly tricky and not by just running away. The unfortunate reality is that the American experiment will be over once again and he'll go back to Germany, although he can fight anywhere for all I care as long as he batters Fury into early retirement.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:59 am

Fair enough Truss, I think the HW scene needs more than a few big hitters (so to speak) coming through and proving themselves, otherwise the next champion could find themselves in the same position.

I'm not sure Joshua stepping up now would be any different, especially if he won. Cause really, how good can the rest of the division be if the no.1 just got battered off a novice.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 26 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's the blue riband division........When Heavyweight boxing thrives it tends to trickle down.....

Since Lewis.... Heavy boxing has died on it's backside...........

One of the reasons I want Joshua to get a move on...........I don't rate Wilder...

Hopefully we'll never see the debacle of two brothers holding the greatest prize in sports again at the same time...

I thought when the Williams sisters were in most finals it demeaned Women's tennis.......Great prizes should be hard to win not for a family to share out......It's demeaning !!..........

I get why the brothers would not fight each other and I get that this would be bad for boxing as well. But Serena and Venus were the best players in the world at one point in time so why would that demean tennis? Anyone who gets to the top has earned his or her way in that sport

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 11:38 am

Chuck in the farce of Capriati winning titles at 13........

Getting to the pinnacle of your sport should be a long hard slog..and only for the extremely talented..

Not for brothers and teenagers to take the p**s because it's so easy...

Kudos for them doing it mind.

Just glad there wasn't another Klit around 250 and 6ft 6 ............

Heavyweight title used to be something that was respected.............Not for two limited mauling pugs to share between them.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 11:52 am

I very rarely tune into any of his fights, until everyone now and then he fights a proper contender.. No doubt he is a great fighter but I think his record owes just as much to his cherry picking of poor fighters..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm

I see Wlad managed to uppercut himself last night, best punch landed on him in a while.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:20 pm

tunes666 wrote:I very rarely tune into any of his fights, until everyone now and then he fights a proper contender..  No doubt he is a great fighter but I think his record owes just as much to his cherry picking of poor fighters..

In fairness to him he doesn't need to cherry pick these days..........Just poor fighters about...........

Bruno would have been champ ten years........Certainly pick him to squash straight line Wlad.....Bruno punched straight like Corrie..

Watch Bruno v Eklund for that fight !!.

When someone with a pulse beats the crap out of you and makes you look like the limited mauler you are and you have to get big brother to sort him out.........It ain't good..

Still probably finish Top 15/20............Never have him above Lewis, Tyson, Holy though..

No matter what he does..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Apr 2015, 12:34 pm

Talksport report that Wlad says Fury will be next

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 26 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Talksport report that Wlad says Fury will be next
Lets hope so. And then Fury beats Wlad and begins a new era of heavyweight dominance

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 26 Apr 2015, 2:12 pm

tunes666 wrote:I very rarely tune into any of his fights, until everyone now and then he fights a proper contender..  No doubt he is a great fighter but I think his record owes just as much to his cherry picking of poor fighters..

He fights all his mandatories and has fought his no.1 contender twice in just over a year. The guy ducks nobody, just nobody is good enough to beat him. Having said that last night was pretty mediocre, i thought he'd KO Jennings quite early but hardly seems to throw his right hand anymore. Even the left hook was pretty anonymous, fight Fury and then retire i say.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 4:18 pm

Yep nobody is good enough............Welcome to the era of slobs...

Soon as someone is good enough let's get a crate of champagne and party !! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 26 Apr 2015, 4:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Soon as someone is good enough let's get a crate of champagne and party !! Cool
Once Tyson Fury beats Wlad it will be a great celebration Bubbly

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm

Steffan wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Soon as someone is good enough let's get a crate of champagne and party !! Cool
Once Tyson Fury beats Wlad it will be a great celebration Bubbly

We'll paint Wales red you and Steffy...........Just like it will be the day after the Election !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:44 pm

Once again Wlad stinks the joint out.
Kudos to anyone who remained non-comatosed until after 5am.
At least it appears Fury could well be next.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 26 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm

Took over 5 years for the stink of his last fight to clear in th U.S. Might be another 5 years now.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:34 pm

The crowd seemed to enjoy It? It wasn't a great fight by any stretch of the imaginat ion but it seems people see poor fights just because it's Wlad.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 26 Apr 2015, 6:57 pm

He can't change...........Does his work then spoils..........

His brother was more interesting............Especially when he was getting Lewis jab in his face.............I think there was a jab in the fourth round that actually missed..

I'll have to watch it again to make sure..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 26 Apr 2015, 7:55 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:The crowd seemed to enjoy It? It wasn't a great fight by any stretch of the imaginat ion but it seems people see poor fights just because it's Wlad.  

The crowd probably were enjoying it because Wlad's opponent was an unbeaten American fighter who could move and had a decent chin. Any semblance of him doing well and the crowd were likely to support their own fighter.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 26 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

Aye which is fair enough. But 17k people turned up to watch this. I don't think america is as lost as people claim to him although obviously his core is back in Europe. I thought these two fights were A precursor to a wilder fight but I guess not. I think Jennings was expected to keel over and make Wlad look good. As it is maybe he looks like he's declining and the americans may feel he's there for the taking. So Wlad flattens Tyson wilder flattens povetkin and the fight is on

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down