The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschko vs Jennings A Success?

5 posters

Go down

Klitschko vs Jennings A Success? Empty Klitschko vs Jennings A Success?

Post by hampo17 Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:44 pm

HBO ratings released continue to confirm the success of his performance as the average number of viewers watching the telecast was 1,637,000, while peaking at 1,742,000, the top performing bout on premium or basic cable this year and the most watched HBO World Championship Boxing event since June 2012.

Surprised it drew that many ratings to be honest.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Klitschko vs Jennings A Success? Empty Re: Klitschko vs Jennings A Success?

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 2:50 pm

The wonders of having an athletic American fighting in America for the Heavyweight title Hampo, this is going to come across as anti Klitschko but it's not meant to but Jennings was more than likely the one bringing in the viewers.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:29 pm

Yes and no. No because of what hammer said and yes because if he fights wilder its not going to be anywhere but there so with a good enough opponent, Klitschko is in for a mega payday

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:39 pm

Klitschko is a Renaissance Man. Has a doctorate, is a world champion, a polyglot, and can play the piano. Jennings doesn't draw a fly if he fights on his onesome against, say Chisora. Klitschko was the draw here. Okay, Klitschko fighting American was the draw, but if Jennings fought any of the old alphabet champs, he wouldnt draw a million.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 29 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm

However Raf if Jennings or any aesthetic looking American fights THE heavyweight champion in America then it draws in the fans regardless of who it is, neither of them were the actual draw but rather the circumstance was.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

Wlad-Jennings drew nearly 400k more than Wilder-Stiverne. Wlad-Haye was almost certainly the most watched fight of 2011. And that was an early start on Independence Weekend. I understand what you're getting at, and you're not wrong. But Wlad isn't a small part of this. He's always drawn well in America (ignoring the minor blip that was 2009-11).

With that said, I'm not sure any fight would draw if it wasn't a guy regarded as THE champion? Seems an odd thing to hold against him. Chavez-Fonfara only did 620k, about half the numbers he did when people thought he was worth Poopie.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 30 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

Chavez Fonfara was up against Matthysse Prpvpfnikov was it not, know which fight I'd choose any second of the millenia

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 30 Apr 2015, 10:12 pm

Matthyse Provo wouldn't have even gone up against Chavez-Fonfara in 2012.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down