The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!!

+11
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
hampo17
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
kingraf
Derbymanc
Soldier_Of_Fortune
BoxingFan88
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! Empty GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 05 May 2015, 11:45 pm

"Cotto was offered such and such and turned it down...He's a coward "...

"Mayweather was offered such and such and turned it down....He's a coward"

Quigg vs Frampton....."1.5 million but there was probably strings attached and more to it, Eddie pulling a fast one !!!"

You gotta laugh..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! Empty Re: GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!!

Post by BoxingFan88 Wed 06 May 2015, 7:17 am

Yep

most on here despise Hearn for some reason

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! Empty Re: GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!!

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 May 2015, 7:36 am

Whats your point?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 8:48 am

Haven't been on for a few days, does this make sense to anyone else on here?

Or is it just drunk jibberish.......??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 9:12 am

He's got a point,

Why is it okay for Frampton to turn down a career high 1.5mil payday, yet not for any other fighter.

Cotto and the like have been lambasted for not fighting GGG despite the offers being there and it's all there fault. It happens to Frampton and everyones making excuses.

I don't see much of a difference but then as boxing fans most of us are fickle

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 9:25 am

Cotta hasn't turned down a career high pay-day versus GGG, has he?

He gets lambasted because he is doing his best to hold a title whilst not fighting the best in the division (which is what Quigg is doing).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 06 May 2015, 9:29 am

Who exactly did Golovkin turn down a fight against is the question I think?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 06 May 2015, 9:35 am

Okay reading this again... He does have a point. But thats just assuming it's all equal. It really isn't. There aren't financial reasons for Cotto turning down the GGG fight. GGG is also his mandatory. Hearn controls the purse strings here, and I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting to get screwed over. Is the fight a 50-50 type purse fight? You ask for what you think you're worth. Think it's Rowley, in his attempts to prove northerners can read, who always references Hatton's autobiography where Warren tried to sneak in a contract extension by sneaking the clause into a contract about expenses or something.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 9:36 am

Think you've missed the point.
Frampton turned the money down and it's fine
Cotto turned the money down and is a coward
(Not sure why May's in there)

Double standards.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 9:47 am

Cotto didn't turn down a career high paydy though, did he? So that's not comparable.
And Quigg isn't the GGG of his division, is he? So again, not comparable.

Maybe I'm just too easily confused this morning. But am still struggling with this....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 9:51 am

Tis alright Toppy, I had to go over it a few times myself. Think Truss has just simplified it (I'm sure he'll be on to flesh it out.)

The way I read it is that you shouldn't give Cotto crap for turning down GGG as you were fine when Frampton turned down Quigg (Considering it was a career high pay day for Framps would mean he deserves more hassle), although I would say we should give Cotto crap for not actually facing MW's for the MW title he holds.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 06 May 2015, 9:52 am

Like Raf has already said, we don't know what clauses are in the contracts or if they were ever officially offered. The most likely scenario is that neither of them think the reward is worth the risk.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 9:55 am

I've read it as TRUSS saying STRONGBACK is a tool for constantly moaning about Eddie, so on that basis I have no problem with the article. Can't be bothered discussing whether or not Frampton is a coward for refusing a flat fee when he believes that with a percentage of revenue he'd actually make more money, which seems reasonable

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 May 2015, 9:58 am

Well GGG didn't exactly make demands to Cotto.

For example he didnt demand Cotto his got to fight him in Kazakstan, or on a particular TV platform. He basically just wants to fight Cotto on Cotto's terms and he still turned it down.

Can't believe posters are agreeing with Wumman.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:19 am

Derbymanc wrote:Tis alright Toppy, I had to go over it a few times myself. Think Truss has just simplified it (I'm sure he'll be on to flesh it out.)

The way I read it is that you shouldn't give Cotto crap for turning down GGG as you were fine when Frampton turned down Quigg (Considering it was a career high pay day for Framps would mean he deserves more hassle), although I would say we should give Cotto crap for not actually facing MW's for the MW title he holds.

Still don't get it, seems like apples & oranges still.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:21 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Still don't get it, seems like apples & oranges still.

Or a punnet of strawberries.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 May 2015, 10:28 am

Am starting to have my suspicions regarding Derbymanc. He's like Trussman but without the fullstops..........a clever ploy chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 06 May 2015, 10:28 am

Since when did most on here start despising Eddie Hearn? Only one I can think of is Strongy.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 06 May 2015, 11:03 am

You have to give truss credit. When people aren't debating the outrageous double standards in his coherent posts they're debating what he actually means in his unintelligible ramblings.

The mighty truss has spoken. But what the Smeg does it all mean?

He'll be sat at home, fluffing one of his rent boys,  chuckling away to himself.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 06 May 2015, 11:11 am

Can't be bothered going to work today. Bad times.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 06 May 2015, 11:20 am

Not often I say this, but I agree with TH..

Cotto is, rightly criticised, for refusing to fight GGG, the consensus #1 160lber and opting instead to fight a clearly softer opponent for less money in order to hold on to his title. I can't remember anyone calling Cotto a coward, and, if they have done, then it is nonsense of the highest order considering the company Cotto has kept over his career. Having said that, it's still a pretty blatant duck of a very dangerous, but relatively financially unrewarding opponent.

Frampton has been given an easier ride because, as TopHat has pointed out, Quigg is not the consensus #1 in his division, far from it in fact, and he is most certainly not considered a Super Bantamweight Golovkin.

Disappointed that Frampton vs. Quigg isn't happening, and, as such, I'm disappointed with Frampton's decision, but no one has called Cotto a coward and the two circumstances are clearly very different.

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 11:44 am

Suppose it's better than being told I'm Eddie Hearn, then one of his lackeys, one of his mates, an employee. I can be the mighty Yank instead Smile

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 06 May 2015, 1:07 pm

Derbymanc wrote:I can be the mighty Yank instead Smile

Defo confirmed now!!!!! Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 1:19 pm

Gentleman01 wrote:Not often I say this, but I agree with TH..

GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! 3559488474 GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! 3559488474 GGG - Double standards are alive and well !!! 3559488474 kiss Hug

Quick, lets get back to talking about trade unions.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 06 May 2015, 1:21 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I can be the mighty Yank instead Smile

laughing

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 1:43 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:I can be the weighty Yank instead Smile

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2015, 1:45 pm

Looking for someone qualified to debate with me on here....

and failing miserably....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 May 2015, 1:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Looking for someone qualified to debate with me on here....

and failing miserably....
Get over yourself, lad...bring a pair of long ladders

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 06 May 2015, 5:43 pm

Golovkin has an entertaining KO reel so he can do what he wants.

Including turn down an offer from Sturm and refuse to negotiate a fight with Quilin on the basis that knocking out Ishida and Macklin do better for his image.

Or maybe the the better boxers are afraid of Golovkin, as some love to believe

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 06 May 2015, 6:02 pm

Lance wrote:Golovkin has an entertaining KO reel so he can do what he wants.

Including turn down an offer from Sturm and refuse to negotiate a fight with Quilin on the basis that knocking out Ishida and Macklin do better for his image.

I'm starting to like you lance.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Lance wrote:Golovkin has an entertaining KO reel so he can do what he wants.

What've you been smoking????!! You staying some pretty stupid things but this (almost) takes the biscuit!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Wed 06 May 2015, 6:34 pm

Quillin vacated his belt rather than fight Golovkin, then laboured to a draw with Andy Lee. But sure, Golovkin wants no part of him...

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 06 May 2015, 6:54 pm

There are two sides to every story. He who shouts loudest is not always telling the truth.

After Quilin beat Rosado he was awaiting Golovkin to beat Stevens, so they could discuss the potential fight. However it turned out team Golovkin had already booked their next Monte Carlo date and had another easy opponent already lined up.

Did they expect Quilin to keep waiting or did they already have their avoided story ready. Quilin moved on to other options.

This is what I heard, not sure why everything Golovkins team says is taken at face value. Although they did admit turning Sturm down a few years back

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Wed 06 May 2015, 7:57 pm

Manny turned down floyds offer of a career high 40 million a few years ago. Was that wrong?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 May 2015, 9:43 am

Lance wrote:There are two sides to every story. He who shouts loudest is not always telling the truth.

After Quilin beat Rosado he was awaiting Golovkin to beat Stevens, so they could discuss the potential fight. However it turned out team Golovkin had already booked their next Monte Carlo date and had another easy opponent already lined up.

Did they expect Quilin to keep waiting or did they already have their avoided story ready. Quilin moved on to other options.

This is what I heard, not sure why everything Golovkins team says is taken at face value. Although they did admit turning Sturm down a few years back

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Love how you can deny the only few pieces of fact we actually have at our disposal! Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Thu 07 May 2015, 10:22 am

Quillin held the belt, Golovkin was mandatory challenger for the belt. The fight was ordered and Qullin vacated. Golovkin then fought for the belt. What was Quillin going to say? "Yeah, didn't fancy it, he hits too hard and I reckon I'd have lost, so I vacated"?

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 07 May 2015, 10:24 am

Are you not getting Golovkin confused with Matt Korobov?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 May 2015, 10:27 am

Actually, think that was Korobov.

Still can't see where Lancey gets the idea GGG 'refused to negotiate' with Quillin though. Quillin is the ducker here.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Gentleman01 Thu 07 May 2015, 10:28 am

Actually, yes, that's Korobov. Disregard my last post!

Gentleman01

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 07 May 2015, 10:29 am

Point still stands though that Quillin has ducked a big punching Eastern European or two.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 10:47 am

Have no time for Quillin he's a waster !!...............

If you can make Manny-May happen...........I have no doubts you can get a decent fight for GGG.......

Guys went in with brutal fighters like Chavez and Tyson...without thinking twice..

Make the quality a decent offer..............

Don't buy into fighters like Macklin, Geale and Monroe jr fancying the job and yet all the top fighters don't !!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 07 May 2015, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 07 May 2015, 10:57 am

Macklin, Geale and Monroe Jr, had nothing to lose really Truss, the top guys have their positions to lose.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 12:09 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Macklin, Geale and Monroe Jr, had nothing to lose really Truss, the top guys have their positions to lose.

Everyone has a price.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 07 May 2015, 12:18 pm

Depends on how short your willing to price yourself though Truss, GGG seems to be the name at the moment so you'd hope that some of the top guys would be willing to test themselves.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 12:24 pm

Well look the reason..Truth Williams, Tubbs, Douglas, Thomas, Tillis, Biggs, Holmes all took shots at Iron mike was because they could earn five times more than they could for anyone else.....

He was far more intimidating than this guy....

I've just phoned up Ricky Hatton and offered him out in the Work's car park at lunch time  for a 100 bucks...

He said ...No.......

He's ducking me..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu 07 May 2015, 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 07 May 2015, 12:32 pm

Not the point Truss and you know your putting an extreme example there.

GGG's been getting million dollar paydays (I think) so why should he drop way below that???

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 12:39 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Not the point Truss and you know your putting an extreme example there.

GGG's been getting million dollar paydays (I think) so why should he drop way below that???

Am I asking GGG to drop his demands ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 07 May 2015, 1:05 pm

He'll have to if the money the others are demanding are excessive and not what his team have at their disposal

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 May 2015, 1:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Not the point Truss and you know your putting an extreme example there.

Am I asking GGG to drop his demands ??

Yes, you are.

The available pot of money is essentially fixed, therefore if GGG were to do what you say and just make stupid high offers (though note Quillin still ducked Korobov in spite of a career high payday) then his proportion of the pot would have to reduce.

Can't imagine there's more than a couple of million in that pot, you're suggesting pretty much the entire thing is spent to coax N American duckers out from their holes.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 07 May 2015, 1:24 pm

I am not really getting into a debate about this. However I will say, I hope GGG gets to fight somebody good soon.

He is a good fighter and getting no younger. I would like to see him tested. No disrespect to Murray and Geale etc, I mean somebody truly elite. If he can't get it at middle perhaps he can try Super Middle.

He would find a good few challenges there. I know he hasn't the biggest frame but he is strong and has great power. I think he would make a great addition to a pretty stacked divison.

If he can't get Canelo, Cotto and the like soon, he should move up.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down