The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roach to coach amatures - Double standards?

4 posters

Go down

Roach to coach amatures - Double standards? Empty Roach to coach amatures - Double standards?

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 08 May 2011, 6:04 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/columnists/garethadavies/8433213/London-2012-Olympics-British-Olympic-Association-probe-removal-of-Robert-McCrackens-licence.html

If Robert McCracken isn't allowed to coach UK olympians because he's involved with Froch, how come Roch is allowed to coach US olympians? he's involved with plenty of pros.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Roach to coach amatures - Double standards? Empty Re: Roach to coach amatures - Double standards?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 6:08 pm

Think it's a British rule rather than a worldwide one mate. Not sure though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Roach to coach amatures - Double standards? Empty Re: Roach to coach amatures - Double standards?

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 08 May 2011, 6:09 pm

Personally I think this is a disgusting rule. Naturally the better coaches are going to be involved with pro's, so essentially the powers that be are saying that amatuers don't deserve that level of experience.... Totally wrong IMO.

In answer to your question, I dont know. I suspect it would be something to do with his profile, however.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 7:55 pm

Don't get the rule at all. Amateurs can train in the same gym as pro's so I don't get the rule. But I do think it's a British rule. Surely it would be of benefit to amateurs to be trained by trainers who have achieved at the absolute pinnacle of the sport.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Sun 08 May 2011, 11:02 pm

Not too sure about it being a British rule Kev, I remember a chinese member of the international amateur boxing association commenting on it

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 May 2011, 11:03 pm

I'm not sure thought that's what I read when the McCracken story but I might be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down