The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ins and outs this summer at your club

+12
PF4EC
Nay
RanjitPatel
Fernando
hampo17
FootballLight
Dolphin Ziggler
Hammersmith harrier
Nakatomi Plaza
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
westisbest
16 posters

Go down

Ins and outs this summer at your club Empty Ins and outs this summer at your club

Post by westisbest Thu May 07, 2015 9:21 am

With the premiership almost done and the play offs in the football league upon us, who would you like to see come and go this summer?

At Villa:

We will need a keeper, as Shay is 39 now and coming to the end of his career and need decent competition for Guzan.

Was thinking Krul as an option. Maybe Schmeichel, Butland, just a couple of names.

Left back Cissokho(sp) is not up to it, Richardson average.
Tyrone Mings name off the top of my head. Seen him a couple of times at Ipswich, looked ok.
Hope Sherwood would give Luna another go.

Cleverly has started to play better, maybe sign him. Will have Gardner back, so hopefully he will play a bit next season.
Sign Sinclair to.
Bid for Bamford.

Up front would probably go for Austin. Knows where the goal is. Done well for a team that will most certainly go back down.

OUTS.

Hutton, enough cover there with Bacuna & Lowton.
Steer, if we do get another keeper.
Sanchez, not  a fan. Dont rate him.
Bent, depends if we go for another forward. Sherwood may want to keep him.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Ins and outs this summer at your club Empty Re: Ins and outs this summer at your club

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu May 07, 2015 10:22 am

Ins
LB (Joe Bennett)
Greg Halford
New CB
2 Wingers
3 Strikers

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Ins and outs this summer at your club Empty Re: Ins and outs this summer at your club

Post by Crimey Thu May 07, 2015 11:12 am

Ins:
Miralem Pjanic
Need at least one new central midfielder with Gerrard leaving, Lucas suffering from injuries. Allen and Henderson isn't good enough for a whole squad. Pjanic is very good. Risk with him coming from Italy though.

A new striker, perhaps two. 
Origi is coming from Lille but don't imagine he'll be enough especially if Borini, Lambert and Balotelli all leave. Falcao has been linked (no thank you!) currently there is just a lack of top quality strikers. Dzeko and Ings wouldn't be too bad buys at good prices.

James Milner 
A reliable player, we can play him in central midfield like he wants, on a free, probably higher wages as a result but English, knows a lot of the squad and a very good player who is versatile when needed.

New RB 
Not sure who, Manquillo hasn't been great, Johnson will likely be leaving, Flanagan injured again, Wisdom isn't good enough. Hopefully we'll be able to find a good, young right back out there. Clyne would be good but probably too expensive.

Outs:

MARIO BALOTELLI
Please get him out. He has failed as an experiment, whatever talent was there, he's not showed it at all. My least favourite footballer of all time. I just cannot stand him in a Liverpool shirt and cannot wait for the day that I can pretend it never happened.

Fabio Borini
Whilst it's nice to see somebody so determined to succeed at one club, he should have left last summer when we could have made a nice profit on him and he would have been playing every week. He's only really got pace and hard work, at Sunderland he showed a bit more but at Liverpool he hasn't shown enough especially considering his age. Hopefully Gus Poyet is hired by a team with lots of money so he can sign him. I would keep Rickie Lambert and play him probably a bit more next year rather than as a lump to be kicked at in the final few minutes. But I expect him to go as well.

Glen Johnson
I don't hate him anywhere near as much as other Liverpool and non-Liverpool fans but his contract is up and it looks unlikely that he'll be staying. Expect him to go foreign.

Javier Manquillo
He might stay as decent back up, but Atletico can recall him this year and I imagine they might considering Rodgers has barely used him for months now.

Jose Enrique
Looks like he will go, I like him because he's decent left back cover even if he is never used and seems like a valued member of the squad off the pitch. Imagine wages are too high to justify him staying though.

Last edited by Crimey on Thu May 07, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu May 07, 2015 11:19 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Ins
LB (Joe Bennett)
Greg Halford
New CB
2 Wingers
3 Strikers

Had forgotten about Bennett, wonder if Sherwood will give him a go.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu May 07, 2015 8:06 pm

Arsenal:

I'd like to see Sanogo and Flamini be allowed to leave. As big a fan as I am of Lukas Podolski, I can't see how we can justify paying him around £100k a week when he's not first choice, so I'd allow him to go. Unfortunately it looks like Rosicky's contract won't be renewed, but I'd keep him as a back-up.

To come in, solid competition in the defensive midfield spot for Coquelin would be my highest priority. Schneiderlin would be my first choice.

Need better competition up front for Giroud. Id personally take a punt on Danny Ings.

If a world class keeper comes up, I'd be in for him as well. Cech's the obvious choice, but I cannot see Chelsea letting him go.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu May 07, 2015 8:10 pm

Man Utd

Ins: Clyne, Hummels, Gundogan and Depay

Out: Lindegaard, Rafael, Varela, Evans, Blackett (Loan), Cleverly (Free), Nani, Hernandez, Lingaard, Henriquez and Powell.

Would keep hold off Di Maria for another season unless a deal involving him plus no more than £20mil was possible for Bale.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu May 07, 2015 8:26 pm

West Ham

We need a new keeper to play backup to Adrian (who has arguably been the second best keeper in the league this year).

Interesting to see what happens with our loanees. Doesn't look like Song will stay, it looks like his place will be filled by Sampdoria's Spanish midfielder Pedro Obiang. We need more in midfield regardless, Lassana Diarra hopefully will be available come summer and join up with the squad full time.

We need cover at right back. We're already bringing in cover at left back with Stephen Hendrie signing from Hamilton. Of course, we might need two right backs if Jenkinson's loan isn't made permanent. Liverpool are apparently interested, whilst rumours are that Arsenal have seen how well he's done with us and want closer to £10m than £5m. Glen Johnson will likely be on our radar, although personally id want either Tripper or Jenks.

Our 3 centre backs are good, but the problem is its always only 3 and we get left in the lurch. If young Burke is considered good enough as 4th choice (two clean sheets in a row for the lad) with 16 year old Reece Oxford still backup and Doneil Henry impressing before injury at Blackburn then we might not add another, but personally id like one brought in and if possible a high class one. Keeping Reid was brilliant though.

Creativity has been a problem second half of the season. Konoplyanka is the dream for this slot, but we definitely need someone. This is where big money would go. And, as ever, we'll chase a striker as the chairmen love em, plus Carroll is just not worth considering as anything but a bonus option. Chicharito keeps being linked, as does Gignac, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Charlie Austin. As ever the dream will be Tevez, who will be linked at some point, no question. It always happens.

Out -

Well, Jarvis and Nolan would be my first two picks. If we got a good offer for Downing i'd consider it, but we'd need to know we were getting much better in first. Really hope we can convince Newcastle to sign Carroll, their stupidity knows no bounds at times.

The manager may or may not be there. Zarate will probably be off, Nene won't be kept, Demel and O'Brien could probably go.

Valencia and Cresswell have been linked with big money departures. Cresswell as high as £25m to City. Cresswell did just win Signing of the Season, Player's Player and Player of the Year, a big triple win at the awards night, so I don't want him to leave. Stupid money would probably mean a yes though. Valencia I really like and think he will develop into an outstanding player.

The one I want to lose least is Kouyate, who for some reason hasn't been linked with anyone. Would enhance a lot of midfields above us, from United to City, Liverpool and Arsenal, but looks like he won't be off. Sakho may get a link to people if there's late scrambles, would probably be better than what I've seen Liverpool linked with, but I doubt he'll go. Apparently we don't have to sell anyone, so it'll need big money.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri May 08, 2015 3:57 pm

Reading:

Really need another good striker really. We could use Le Fondre back at the club. As much as he was sold for financial reasons, now we have the financial power that we didn't have and he isn't all too happy at Cardiff, surely we have to get him back. Especially when Slade expects him to leave.

If Preston don't come up, Garner. Although I can only see us getting average players that have been released from other clubs like Madine.

Outs:

Pogrebnyak - PLEASE get our big fing Russian gone. He's well past his prime and not what I expected him to be. I can see Robson-Kanu, Williams, Karacan, Pearce going this summer as well which would be a massive shame.

At least our Youth team got promoted to the Premier League!! Very Happy

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 08, 2015 4:01 pm

Our of curiosity what did you expect from Pogrebnyak?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri May 08, 2015 4:03 pm

Considering he is a Russia International, played in Europe and came from a club like Stuttgart who were at that time in the Europa league the season we got him, I would have expected to see at least 15 goals from him this season and a better contribution. Instead he didn't even manage half, 7 goals in this division is poor.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 08, 2015 4:06 pm

Not sure why you'd expect that to be honest, he's only hit double figures five times during his entire career.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Fri May 08, 2015 4:15 pm

Look at the clubs he has played for though. Zenit, Spartak Moscow, Stuttgart etc. Clubs that are highly regarded in their country as good teams, so why in the 2nd tier of English football shouldn't he be getting 15 goals?

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 08, 2015 4:19 pm

He's also played for Baltuka Kaliningrad, Khimki, Shinnik Yaroslavl, Tom Tomsk, and didn't set the world on fire. You're sights were set to high clearly, he just really isn't very good.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri May 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Tom Tomsk are a great side dammit Hampo tomato

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri May 08, 2015 4:39 pm

Tom Tomsk are going places Nando Wink

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 08, 2015 4:41 pm

Sadly some woman keeps making them take u-turns

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 7:55 pm

WBA - Big question will be the future of Berahino, I don't think he will leave though.

Outs - Dorrans loan made permanent, Chris Baird, Gamboa & Pocognoli. If we get a good offer for Brunt, I'd happily see him leave. Anichebe is plain awful too, so happily see him leave.

In - Charlie Austin would be a great capture, guaranteed goals. Another pacey winger might be an option, maybe Bakary Sako or Jarvis, as I'm not convinced on McManaman. Also worry about us defensively, I mean McAuley is like 35 & Lescott 33, so Pulis might think about a younger pairing soon for the long term. Also maybe a left back, if Hull go down, I wouldn't mind taking that Robertson on the cheap.

I think Berahino, Brown & Austin would be an incredible strikeforce for us to choose from, which could fire us towards mid-table & beyond.

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri May 08, 2015 8:32 pm

Swansea - There's been talk of Palace/ West Brom coming in for Shelvey. I hope that doesn't happen as he's grown on me and performed really well the last few games. As long as we keep hold of the spine of our team, I'll be pleased. Ki has been a big player this season so hope we keep him.

Centre forward and a winger we need. Heard talk of Mitrovic from Anderlecht but I'd guess he'd go to a bigger European club. I'd like Charlie Austin to come and Gestede of Blackburn's been mentioned and he's seemed decent enough even though he has a Cardiff connection. We've normally got a good eye for a foreign import so the scouts will probably pick up a couple of bargains.

I would love us to buy Townsend from Spurs or Aarons from Newcastle for the wing but, as always, it'll be difficult to get English Premiership players to come to us.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 08, 2015 8:36 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:I would love us to buy Aarons from Newcastle for the wing

You must be joking, son? Rolando isn't going anywhere OK

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri May 08, 2015 8:41 pm

haha wishful thinking. Neither of them would come to us. We'll go foreign for the winger I'm sure.

Good luck tomorrow.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri May 08, 2015 8:49 pm

John wrote:

I doubt he wants to play championship football tbf....

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri May 08, 2015 8:58 pm

Fernando wrote:
John wrote:

I doubt he wants to play championship football tbf....

Massive game for them tomorrow. I've got a feeling that Sunderland will beat Everton and Newcastle are basically a banker to lose now. Shame if they go down, been there a few times and the fans are class. Might be for the best to get rid of Ashley (and we get Aarons).

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri May 08, 2015 11:06 pm

Townsend has got to be on the move this summer. I'd also LOVE to pick up Dembele, just think hes a wonderful player.

Players from decent clubs will be moving. I'd guess:

Jonny Evans, Townsend, Dembele, Dzeko, Clichy, Kolarov, Yaya (abroad definitely), Jovetic (same), Rafael, maybe Lucas, Mikel? Remy? Milner, Borini, Lambert, Johnson, Rosicky, Flamini? Walcott? Sterling? Nani, RVP? Januzaj could go on loan, I'd expect Everton will take Lennon, Di Marzio has Chelsea seriously interested in John Stones

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat May 09, 2015 11:53 am

PaulHv2 wrote:He's also played for Baltuka Kaliningrad, Khimki, Shinnik Yaroslavl, Tom Tomsk, and didn't set the world on fire. You're sights were set to high clearly, he just really isn't very good.

Hence the reason which is why we shouldn't have signed him in the first place and the fact that he should be hitting 10 at bare minimum in this league. But he hasn't which is why he needs to go.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat May 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Well, actually this is his second season in that league. He scored 13 last season, and has played 19 less games this season. Do you pay any attention to your team?

I go back to my original point, your expectations were all wrong to begin with, you hadn't signed a 15 goal season striker, you hadn't signed a striker who scored double figures every season. Only yourself to blame for not realising that when every other football fan knew this.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat May 09, 2015 2:19 pm

He scored 13 last season, good season, I never disputed that. But he needs to consistently be scoring 10+ a season, which he hasn't done this season, so I do pay very much attention to my team thank you.

Its Adkins who is to blame for signing the wrong players to begin with, I never disputed that either. I've disputed that Pogrebnyak is sh**.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat May 09, 2015 2:49 pm

Really? Because I said he really isn't very good, and you said "hence the reason we shouldn't have signed him" too me, and I'm sure to others, that looks like you're saying is he is rubbish.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat May 09, 2015 2:57 pm

Liverpools outs;
Jones
Johnson
Toure
Gerrard
Lambert
Borini

Ins:
Ings - likely on a free, good young player who'll hopefully improve.
I'd love to see them bring in atop striker, and a top centre mid.

Sadly can see is doing the bulk of our shopping domestically again.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FootballLight Sat May 09, 2015 3:44 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Really? Because I said he really isn't very good, and you said "hence the reason we shouldn't have signed him" too me, and I'm sure to others, that looks like you're saying is he is rubbish.

Yes. Laugh He is dire. But, nevertheless, he should still be getting at minimum 10 goals in this division regardless. He has proven he is awful this season which is why we should sell him and why we shouldn't have signed him. But at a club like us that "needs" the PL, we should be signing strikers that are getting 15-20 goals in a season every season, so from our POV, its only natural that we expect someone like him to get us 10 goals, like I've said, that's what we as fans expect at bare minimum from any striker, no matter what circumstance.

Unfortunately, we had a 20 goal a season striker but we sold him off to Cardiff for just over £3m which was poor business as I feel we could have got at minimum £5m for him but we needed the money. Now that we have good, reliable investment to back Clarke with some money, I expect him to shift Pogrebnyak off the wage bill and pocket the dough and then get Le Fondre back in to where he needs to be. We have sold too much recently, now its our time to spend, spend, spend and buy the quality added to what we have and win us this division next year, or at minimum get us the Play-Offs like we expect every season we are in the Championship.

FootballLight

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sat May 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Rangers outs: Everyone bar maybe two players

In: Vukic on permanent deal, anyone will be an improvement.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by PF4EC Sun May 10, 2015 9:30 pm

Dont forget Aspas guys, let us never forget

PF4EC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun May 10, 2015 10:37 pm

West Brom:

Big summer ahead. Going to be a clear-out.

I expect the following to definitely go: Pocognoli, Davidson, Gamboa, Wisdom(only on loan anyway), Sessegnon, Dorrans.Then one of Brown or Anichebe.

Maybe departures are: Myhill, Olsson, Mulumbu, Berahino(Hopefully he stays though!)

Expecting Pulis to do most of his business in the domestic market, I'm expecting one right back and one left back, a winger(Two would be nice though!) and two strikers. And then a centre back and goalkeeper depending on who leaves.

At right back, I really like Trippier and also Byram at Leeds. More ambitious targets would be Glen Johnson or Micah Richards.

Left back, one from Neil Taylor, Mings or George Friend. Wingers, any from Sako, Jarvis, Matt Phillips, Antonio at Forest. Townsend would be a great signing, but think others would be in for him.

Up front, I'd be shocked if we didn't go for Gestede. I think if anyone fits the bill as a Pulis striker, it's him. Lambert would be a good short-term option. Wouldn't surprise me if we tried to get Long back.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun May 10, 2015 10:43 pm

PaulHv2 wrote:Liverpools outs;
Jones
Johnson
Toure
Gerrard
Lambert
Borini

Ins:
Ings - likely on a free, good young player who'll hopefully improve.
I'd love to see them bring in atop striker, and a top centre mid.

Sadly can see is doing the bulk of our shopping domestically again.

Do you think Balotelli will stay?

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sun May 10, 2015 10:49 pm

I think he'll stay because I can't see another club wanting to sign the useless waste of skin.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun May 10, 2015 11:15 pm

Well it looks like Rodgers has finally given up on him, he was fit and available today but dropped from the squad completely. I will be absolutely gutted if he's not sold. I honestly wouldn't care if he was just released from his contract, he's not worth anything.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sun May 10, 2015 11:19 pm

Wouldn't surprise me to see Balotelli playing in somewhere like Qatar next year. He'd be able to get paid top whack putting in minimal effort.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun May 10, 2015 11:24 pm

Don't worry you'll get rid of Mario and bring in Falcao instead.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun May 10, 2015 11:40 pm

If Falcao leaves so will De Gea Ok! You know how agents are Smile

Le Arse departures

Diaby
Rosicky
Flamini
Miyachi
Podolski
Jenkinson ( already got 3 RB)
Campbell doesn't seem to have a future
Wellington Silva

Maybe leave
Santi (i hope not)
Chesney (won't be happy 2nd choice)
Theo ( Contract issues)
Wilshere (if someone offered 25-35m id pack him off)

In to the club
Schneiderlin
Fekir
Maybe a CB
Probably a winger if Theo leaves.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 11, 2015 12:34 am

Fernando wrote:
In to the club
Schneiderlin
Fekir
Maybe a CB
Probably a winger if Theo leaves.

Well, least you'll all be prepared for another season without threatening the title at all.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Mon May 11, 2015 10:02 am

QPR

Outs - The players, the manager, hope.

Ins - New deal with Air Asia, royalties from Joey Barton's Twitter, loan deals for 25 players that can't cut it in the PL.

Up the Hoops (which is ironically what we've been getting from opponents all season!)

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon May 11, 2015 7:18 pm

Norwich completely depends on what league we're in...

But definitely going out will be Mark Bunn, Javi Garrido, Ignasi Miquel, Lucciano Becchio

The Wolf returns................
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Mat wrote:Up front, I'd be shocked if we didn't go for Gestede

Think Tony was in Marseille at the weekend watching Gignac again. Really hope this move fails, too old & financially just not worth the wages. I'd agree Gestede would be a good option, but can he step up is the question, I'd rather go for Charlie Austin, who has proven he's capable on this level. I see Newcastle are now favourites to sign Austin with the bookmakers & he is apparently keen on the move. If his agents been given some nod, I wouldn't expect him to be firing too many past Krul this weekend.

I also see Pulis is looking for long term defensive options as our CB's are ageing. Apparently, James Chester is top of the list picard Also rumours to be looking at Michail Antonio for around £5m, as Sako is asking for too much money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down