The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ??

+7
88Chris05
Hammersmith harrier
Rowley
Lance
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
11 posters

Go down

Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ?? Empty Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 2:52 pm

I don't know like..............

Get out of town fast........

Take out Health insurance.....

Invest in a baseball bat...

Emigrate to argentina.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ?? Empty Re: Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ??

Post by Derbymanc Fri 15 May 2015, 2:56 pm

Do your best and put on a good show, nobody's expecting him to win so if he gets close (or gets the upset) then it can only be good for him, oh and don't be making excuses afterwards, nobody likes a whiner

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ?? Empty Re: Frankie Gavin - Anybody got any tips for him ??

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 15 May 2015, 2:56 pm

Go through with the fight then retire & put a deposit down on a Porsche?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 May 2015, 3:07 pm

Get in peak condition. Make Brook work hard for full rounds whilst staying protected, then maybe gamble a bit later on.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 May 2015, 3:09 pm

As Lance has said getting in tip top shape will be a good place to start. Gavin's commitment has frequently been questioned so turning up in shape and having a real go will go some way to repairing his image, when expectations are so low should not be too difficult to exceed them, do that and whilst I can't see him winning should make him financially viable enough for Eddie to deliver other opportunities.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:11 pm

Problem is I'm struggling to see one department he's better in..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 15 May 2015, 3:19 pm

Same here Truss, I believe Brook to be a bit special so it's more a case of how early and easily he wins rather than if Gavin make it any sort of contest. It has the feel of another fight to showcase Brook to a wider audience before he starts gunning for the Americans.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:22 pm

Just make sure he doesn't die wondering. He's lucky to be getting handed this opportunity, so if he's ever going to leave it all in the gym and then ring, just for once in his career, let it be now. As Derbymanc says, we've heard all his stuff about 'bad training camp, had trouble with weight, personal issues were a distraction, overlooked the opponent' etc for way too long with Gavin. People are tired of it and will soon be riled up if he starts coming out with it again.

Nothing wrong with giving your all and coming up short, but it'd be almost criminal not to try and make the absolute most of this opportunity he's been handed.

Said it the other week, but my worry is that Gavin will totally stink the joint out and just make going the full twelve his aim and be content to settle for that as some kind of moral victory if he doesn't believe he can win the fight outright. I just want him to look totally committed and hungry in the ring for once. Even if he's a bit outclassed, it's not the end of the world for him if he gives it as good a go as he can and performs admirably.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:29 pm

I'm not sure he can go twelve even If he does try to stink the joint out......

Brook will be keen to impress coming hot on the heels of Manny-May........

But I agree with you I think the enormity of the task will hit him before the first bell..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 May 2015, 3:38 pm

Even if the occasion doesnt get to him and he comes out fired up he will soon get perplexed with Brooks movement. I thought he looked confused at times with Witters footwork. That was the night I knew he would never be a top fighter no matter what excuses he'd had

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:40 pm

Love to know what they are working on in is his gym.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:52 pm

I'd say strap on because your in for a very very rough and painful ride on the 30th.

Could be a good one for Kell to look really good, get some rounds under the belt (if he lets Gavin last that long)

The only way Gavin gets credit is if he manages to weigh in correctly and if he lasts longer than 6 rounds.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 3:56 pm

Against top boxers you really have to have a dig...........Or be awkward...

The kid has none of those two qualities..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Fri 15 May 2015, 7:18 pm

All Frankie can do is keep circling, keeping on the move and hope Brook has a problem with his leg. Horrible to say but it's the only chance he has.

Awful fighter to watch too. I can't see how the ppv does well with his name receiving top billing.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 15 May 2015, 7:29 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:All Frankie can do is keep circling, keeping on the move and hope Brook has a problem with his leg. Horrible to say but it's the only chance he has.

Awful fighter to watch too. I can't see how the ppv does well with his name receiving top billing.

Loaded like Clev v Bellew.....It's a good card but the main event is tank !!.........

In fairness I can't see how Joshua gets second billing over two world title fights !!

Either Selby or Mitchell will be 4th on the card and that's not right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 May 2015, 9:13 pm

Looking forward to the Selby and Mitchell fights Truss as they should be competitive so agree with that. Not sure how AJ gets ahead although he is a new fresh heavyweight touted as the people's champ and Hearn is all over that like a rash for the casual fans.

Should be a good scrap as well....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 May 2015, 9:42 pm

Eddie is keen for Froch to f off so he can concentrate on Kell and AJ. Gavin isn't going to spoil anything. My advice though....make sure Eddie pays him in advance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 15 May 2015, 11:26 pm

Punch and knee him in the stab wound.

PPV is it.............you know what they say about money and fools.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 15 May 2015, 11:57 pm

Come in shape and box, box your heart out. Nobody realistically expects him to win, least of all me, but if he's going to stand even a slim chance he's got to get back to his fundamentals and come into the fight in better shape than he's been at any point in his career. He had talent, Gavin, but you have a slim window in boxing, and he didn't work hard enough during the key point in his development.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down