The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are you most excited about?

+14
eddyfightfan
alanqlm
The Galveston Giant
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Day V Lately
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
88Chris05
Scottrf
manos de piedra
ONETWOFOREVER
Liam_Main
Valero's Conscience
Rowley
Fists of Fury
18 posters

Go down

Who are you most excited about?

Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap13%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap5%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap15%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap8%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap0%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap8%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap5%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap3%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap23%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 9 ]
[ 3 ]
Who are you most excited about? Vote_lcap3%Who are you most excited about? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 40

Who are you most excited about? Empty Who are you most excited about?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue May 31, 2011 12:44 pm

Just a quick poll really to see if the impression of the British public has changed of our young, up-and-coming fighters in recent months. Quite simply, who are you most excited about in terms of world level prospects? For these purposes, we will include Khan as he still has some way to go at world level. Who can make the biggest waves at world level?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Who are you most excited about? Empty Re: Who are you most excited about?

Post by Rowley Tue May 31, 2011 12:48 pm

Have only seen bits and bobs of him but Carl Frampton really looks the part for me. Rate a lot of the guys with Warren such as Gavin and despite the result Degale but cannot get too over excited because with them being with Warren would expect them to be shoehorned into a WBO belt and any number of dull defences until they actually fight anybody.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue May 31, 2011 12:49 pm

Khan is already world level so shouldn't be on the list with the others IMO.

I've gone for Gavin, he could be special.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Gavin for me aswell. He looks a real talent. Could do with facing some better opposition now though.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue May 31, 2011 12:54 pm

Gavin has shown class at times, but illness withstanding, he bored me senseless the other week.

Personally I've gone with Degale, think the loss will do him good and really fire him up to go somewhere with his promising career.

I included Khan because despite being world level, he is yet to make any real waves, and I wanted to deduce whether people think he has reached a plateau now in terms of how far he can go, or whether people believe he can kick on and beat some of the p4p best.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue May 31, 2011 12:58 pm

I am excited about Degale. Robbery aside I think he has the skills to become a world champ.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 31, 2011 1:00 pm

Lets not call it a robbery, it was anything but, it was a close fight that could have gone either way but think most thought Groves had done enough. Either way it was not clear cut enough to warrant the phrase robbery.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue May 31, 2011 1:04 pm

Short term I would have to say Brook as he is probably on the cusp now of stepping up to world level and I will be interested to see if the hype has been justified.

The rest are either on world stage already and unlikely to deliver a big fight in the next year or else still basically domestic.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue May 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Who voted for Tyson Fury? 🤦
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Who voted for Tyson Fury? 🤦
Union Cane, guaranteed.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm

[quote="I included Khan because despite being world level, he is yet to make any real waves, and I wanted to deduce whether people think he has reached a plateau now in terms of how far he can go, or whether people believe he can kick on and beat some of the p4p best.[/quote]

I think Khan can get better but just how far i'm not too sure. He is going to gain immensely from the top guys at Welterweight coming to the end of their careers or already gone and there not being a huge pool of talent at JMW above so is a cert to be a 3 weight champ to me, whether that means he takes on the best is another matter as with all the belts you don't have to.

I think his attitude, which may also be down to a poor management team (his family) will restrict him at times for example not listening at the right times and also hold him back from public affection like other boxers in the past have

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue May 31, 2011 1:06 pm

I cast my vote with Brook, aside from Gavin I don't see anyone on the domestic scene even approaching his talents. Unfortunately, as well as being the most naturally talented fight on the British scene, he's also doing his best to be the most idiotic and frustrating, too.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 1:08 pm

Looking forward to seeing just how many people Tony Bellew can upset in the next six months. The arrogance of Michael Gomez...ramped up a few notches. How can anyone not want to hit him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 31, 2011 1:10 pm

The sad thing is Dave by being a gobby objectionable clown he has probably talked himself into being Clev's first defence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue May 31, 2011 1:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Looking forward to seeing just how many people Tony Bellew can upset in the next six months. The arrogance of Michael Gomez...ramped up a few notches. How can anyone not want to hit him?

Dave (and Jeff), don't suppose either of you keep in touch with One Bomb, do you? Might be just the man we need to take out the trash on this one!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 1:13 pm

I went for Gavin just ahead of Brook I think the time Kell has been held back may have damaged his development as a fighter I only hope the same doesn't happen to Gavin. He looks like he has a lot about him. Nice quick hands and feet and very accurate shots. Decent enough defence and decent power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue May 31, 2011 2:02 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Looking forward to seeing just how many people Tony Bellew can upset in the next six months. The arrogance of Michael Gomez...ramped up a few notches. How can anyone not want to hit him?

Dave (and Jeff), don't suppose either of you keep in touch with One Bomb, do you? Might be just the man we need to take out the trash on this one!

Could be a no.1 contender fight between One Bomb and Bellew. It was 2012 that One Bomb aimed to dethrone Clev, wasn't it?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 2:18 pm

NO-ONE'S SEEN ONE BOMB AND BELLEW TOGETHER IN THE SAME ROOM HAVE THEY?

Hmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue May 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Very true, did Bellew have an amateur career of 10-0(10)?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Tue May 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Did anyone else think Gavin looked a little 'fleshy' at the weight aswell, also thought Saunders was razor sharp and due a step up in opposition.

and i like Bellew, there i've said it!

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue May 31, 2011 2:58 pm

I chose Saunders. He has slipped under the radar due to his hand injuries. He is skilful, accurate, quick and hits hard. He stopped a man, although a overmatched opponent, in 2 rounds where the guy had never been stopped beforehand. He is the youngest of the 3 Olympians so doesn't need to be hurried around as much as the other 2. He became the mandatory for the British title I think which could be his next fight

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm

WHU, far be it from me to kick a man when he is down but in light of this seasons events have you considered changing your user name?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 3:01 pm

Went for Brook myself, he has a tricky test coming up, if he looks good in that it's time to step up, so we can see if he has what it takes, he looks promising.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Day V Lately Tue May 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Hope your right WHU, he's also in the care of the excellant Jimmy Tibbs, I wonder if he has to call him mister Tibbs!

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 3:05 pm

rowley wrote:WHU, far be it from me to kick a man when he is down but in light of this seasons events have you considered changing your user name?

He should change it to conference in 7 years time.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 3:17 pm

rowley wrote:WHU, far be it from me to kick a man when he is down but in light of this seasons events have you considered changing your user name?
I look forward to seeing him on "The Apprentice" diving headlong across the boardroom table, a look of murderous intent in his eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue May 31, 2011 3:25 pm

Had to vote Frampton, ok I don think he will make the biggest waves out of the lot as feel Gavin, Groves and Saunders are gonna go on to be absolute susperstars, but being from Northern Ireland and knowing him, have to get excited about a decent prospect from Northern Ireland finally coming through.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue May 31, 2011 3:34 pm

Yea I thought about it. My name isn't because I think we will be in the champions league, but when our owners bought us they said in 7 yrs we will be playing champions league football, how wrong they could be.

When the new season starts my name will be down to 6 yrs and so on untill we reach our target year and see how close we are to our champo league target. It's the recent decline of my football team that has uncovered my interest in boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 31, 2011 3:37 pm

My name isn't because I think we will be in the champions league, but when our owners bought us they said in 7 yrs we will be playing champions league football, how wrong they could be.
Rubbish, many of them will be playing Champions League football soon enough. They all have X-box and PS3's don't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 pm

i went for chisora, just down to the fact that i think once he beats fury and another fight is arranged it will be time for haye and probably vitali to hang up the gloves, leaving the way forwards for any young up and coming heavyweights, and with the told US ole A struggling to produce any decent heavyweights i can see chisora managing to produce a decent career and maybe a heavyweight world title.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue May 31, 2011 6:08 pm

i picked Del Boy, i think he'll stop Fury in 8 rounds in what will be a entertaining scrap for as long as it lasts. The kid will fight anyone as well, which i like.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Ricky Burns was the only fighter not to get a vote. Who voted for Tyson Fury?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue May 31, 2011 8:43 pm

i like burns personally, but am bored of waiting for the big name fights to happen. is he with warren? because he seems to be given nobody after nobody.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 pm

Yeah he's with Warren and their isn't actually any big names at the weight to fight.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i like burns personally, but am bored of waiting for the big name fights to happen. is he with warren? because he seems to be given nobody after nobody.

How did you guess Eddy
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue May 31, 2011 9:46 pm

DeGale will go the furthest provided he stears clear of Groves. Groves has his number but Groves is beatable and can be outboxed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by gab Tue May 31, 2011 10:59 pm

azania wrote:DeGale will go the furthest provided he stears clear of Groves. Groves has his number but Groves is beatable and can be outboxed.
dont think this is true tbh
i think groves will always give degale probs but dont think degale cant beat him
i voted clev as hes welsh and not got much else to shout about at moment:)
ah ok i have no 1 team in wales is in the prem
lol

gab

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

Tyson Fury wont make the grade from what I've witnessed so far. I can see Chisora beating him and the maybe Pryce.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue May 31, 2011 11:06 pm

Kell Brook has a decent future ahead of him too. Anyways lots of decent prospects and plenty of decent fights to come. If boxing only had the tv push of many other sports it could bring in decent crowds again.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm

With so many good young prospects around signing those exclusively to Sky broadcasting contracts doesn't look such a good idea now. Being on ITV early in his career really helped Khan build a decent fan base in this country which most of these guys are lacking.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down