The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?

+21
Shifty
Breadvan
majesticimperialman
wrfc1980
Duty281
wales606
Rory_Gallagher
Feckless Rogue
Cari
maestegmafia
munkian
anotherworldofpain
Cymroglan
mystiroakey
Biltong
Liam
Geordie
Bullsbok
rodders
Knowsit17
Morgannwg
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  Empty Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:52 pm

Big congratulations to Scotland for an ugly win in ugly weather. I would take that over a loss anyday though. When these guys last played each other before today Scotland also won; which made a possessed Australia go in to their following fixture and thrash my Wales in Cardiff: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/welsh/8381131.stm

Hopefully there is not a repeat this saturday and I can't see a 33-12 scoreline to Aus against this Wales team Hug. But the challenge just got a bit tougher for us. I guess Deans will now be lambasted in the Oz press, what will he do? What changes does he makes to the tactics and starting lineup?

I think there is realistic chance for Wales to win the series. If Australia win with all the factors going against them I would be very impressed with Deans and the team.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  Empty Re: Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:15 pm

As before any Welsh game a bit of both, nervous and excited. But how I feel isn't what will matter come Saturday, the players are the ones who will have to be ruthlessly composed if we're to taste what the Scots have experienced today. I suspect we'll be up against a much improved Oz in four days, they'll be wounded and effectively very dangerous. I'd still be disappointed if we didn't win at least one test.

Oh, and I wouldn't go all out to describe today's game as ugly. Sure it wasn't champagne rugby but sometimes a forwards melee has its own artistic beauty about it. I was entertained despite the scoreline and I'm sure those final scrums will stick in the memories of Scottish fans for years to come. They would in mine!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  Empty Re: Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?

Post by rodders Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:20 pm

There's no such thing as an ugly win, just a win.

I think this could go either way for Wales. Australia will be under even more pressure to win and it means Wales are less likely to catch them on the hop.

I do believe Wales will win and go on to win the series, maybe even 3-0. Wales

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:22 pm

The heat is on the Wobblies , the dragons have the scent and if they are unlucky Australia will get back to back NH defeats .As an SH fan i do hope it doesnt happen .The Wobblies need to pull out a finger and come out all guns blazing !!!!!!!
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Im actually expecting a big Wales win...i hope they dont let me down...

My first prediction has come in with Scotland...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:28 pm

I think this could go either way for Wales. Australia will be under even more pressure to win and it means Wales are less likely to catch them on the hop.

Teams under pressure can go one of two ways. Either they manage to harness it properly and come out all guns blazing or they let it mess up their composure and flop from instability. I have the suspicion it'll be the former when we face them. In any case I like to focus more on us than the opposition mindset nowadays.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:33 pm

After watching that Aussie scrum today I'm more confident that I was before hand. I really think that Welsh pack will be licking their lips.

I think Aus will be using this loss to really motivate them for Saturday, but, its should also get the blood pressure rising for Wales also, after seeing that performance. Saturday can't come sooner enough.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:13 pm

I reckon this is how you will all watch the match on the weekend.

Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  Smiley-scared010
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:30 pm

good luck lads- show em how we do it this side of the Hemisphere.. Lol to them emabarrased by a welsh defeat comments- hahaha

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:39 pm

The gap between NH and SH rugby has shortened and that can only be a good thing for world rugby.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Cymroglan wrote:The gap between NH and SH rugby has shortened and that can only be a good thing for world rugby.

Hang on a sec; Aus, NZ and SA could each win their series 3 nil.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Lets hope not Morg and time to support each other Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  732107

(jeas am i expecting to much here lol)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:The gap between NH and SH rugby has shortened and that can only be a good thing for world rugby.

Hang on a sec; Aus, NZ and SA could each win their series 3 nil.

They could well do but it's not a forgone conclusion these days.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Is very good win about Scotland who play very pragmatism to win.

But look at the statistics to the game. Australia dominate territory, the possession and just can't execute into points.

So why is this? and what it means for Wales chances?

First. The weather factor obvious. Was so cold you see Genia shiver like a wet cat put the ball into the attacking scrum. So this make many handling errors and really level the skill and take out the pace from the game. We know Australia struggle about set piece in the scrum and rely on broken field pace to winning. That was take away.

Second one. A lot of penalty awarded against attack team. Will this be consistent to the series? We can only guess now.

Third time. Australia miss a lot of goal kicks that could change the game and a lot of times don't take easy goal shot but go for lineout. Did they expecting too much and underestimate? I think so.

Does this make chance about play the same way three times and losing to Wales? I am riddled about this and not sure is make indicator.

Very fascination about the series now is only thing for certain!

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:39 pm

Ignoring handling errors etc cos of the weather, we can take two things about Aus from this match - they get away with murder at the breakdown and their scrum would make Ireland feel confident Wink
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Definitely excited. How on earth could you not be...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Bit of both for me, as usual.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:48 pm

Nervously excited...or maybe excitedly nervous... Wink

I'm a bit worried about the amount of pressure on the team to win the first match in particular. That will set the precedent for the rest of the tour I think. Hope they can do it. Fingers Crossed

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:05 pm

I think the Welsh will win the series, if they believe in themselves. Scotland, Ireland, France and England have all gotten wins against SANZAR teams in the last few years. Wales are better than the other European teams now. Australia are vulnerable. With belief they can do it, and bring some of those juicy ranking points back to Europe for us to take off ye in the 6 Nations.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Wales not quite as good as England accord to the official rank Feckless.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Looking forward to it, but still can't see us winning

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:07 pm

you really are a pain arnt you lol

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't think Wales will win the series. We'll win one game - two at a push, but the Aussies won't let us get away with a full house.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm

The aussies are missing their two most talented players, so that will be a huge boost to Wales.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

Cari wrote:I don't think Wales will win the series. We'll win one game - two at a push, but the Aussies won't let us get away with a full house.

Cari if we win two we'll win the series, or are you referring to the Brumbies game as the second victory?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

+1 Cari.

I would love for us to get one win, and two would be a dream, don't know what I'd say if we manage to get all 3 (I don't think we will)

Rory - we're missing a pretty key player in Jamie Roberts too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Wales have a ton of talented 12s though - I don't think that is much of a loss. In fact, Roberts could struggle getting back into the welsh squad with Davies, Beck, Williams etc around.. Beale and O'Connor are of huge importance to Australia IMO. Either could have played 10 today.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:13 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Wales not quite as good as England accord to the official rank Feckless.

Oh right. I presumed Wales would be ranked higher after winning the 6 Nations. Anyway I do think Wales are better than England, regardless of a 0.3 point difference in the rankings.

In the past Australia have been known as master tacticians. Does anyone think they'll be able to counter the rather limited (but effective) Welsh gameplan of the 6 Nations? Or will Gatland evolve the style of play?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:15 pm

martyr_94 wrote:

Cari if we win two we'll win the series, or are you referring to the Brumbies game as the second victory?

Yes, although I appreciate it doesn't count towards the series. If they win the first two games, that'll give them a much needed confidence boost anyway.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:18 pm

I think people are underestimating just how much Roberts brings to the team. There was a reason we played him throughout the 6N's with just one fit knee you know.

I certainly home Beck/Williams steps up to the mark, we shall have to see how good a job they do filling in for him though Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:19 pm

The Wales plan has been very simple for a long time FR. But like always with simple things is one thing to notice how simple and something other to find the way to stopping it.

Same was 2008 era of Springboks with kick and chase. Was easy to know what they do and so hard to stop.

Wales strength in keep the ball alive and stretch left and right to make the gap and then join full back to make the break and play with support.

But also is Australia style to play control multi-phase and is true that Australia play this with more success than Wales in last decade because better back row and more skill back line.

My mind is a lot of big score line and maybe ironic that will be decide by set phase penalty in that Wales should take advantage.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Wlaes are better than england, i have no qualms saying that. However i also think england are better than aus and all.

Therefore i would actually rank you lads as the second best team out there. I would be looking at a no comprimise series win this summer. I know you lot are so passionate and so nervous about this series and you cant make them statemenets- but i am happy to!

no disrespect to aus by the way..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:28 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Wlaes are better than england, i have no qualms saying that. However i also think england are better than aus and all.

Therefore i would actually rank you lads as the second best team out there. I would be looking at a no comprimise series win this summer. I know you lot are so passionate and so nervous about this series and you cant make them statemenets- but i am happy to!

no disrespect to aus by the way..

laughing

When England & Wales beat the All blacks i'll take that post seriously
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:29 pm

All blacks are the best pal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:All blacks are the best pal

My point excatly the All blacks are the measuring stick. Australia have beaten them , have the other two???
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Nervous...and excited.

We need a win!

Wales Wallaby
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Bullsbok wrote:

My point excatly the All blacks are the measuring stick. Australia have beaten them , have the other two???

aus play them on a regular basis dude. its not the best measuring stick- better to look at the recent head to heads- england is up, wales need to proove it this series

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:45 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:

aus play them on a regular basis dude. its not the best measuring stick- better to look at the recent head to heads- england is up, wales need to proove it this series

i believe the best side in the world is the measuring stick.thats why they're the best side in the world. Would have thought its only logical?
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:47 pm

Bulls Rolling Eyes Obviously you have to use the convenient measure stick that makes you feel the best without have to win so much ! I hope this explains Hug

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:50 pm

there is nothing logical in that at all- as i said how can we apply that as a yard stick when aus play them all the time, yet nh teams hardly do!

You have to take the above into consideration.

england have played them once in 2 years and 7 months...

but played aus 3 times in that time and won 2 out of 3

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:53 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Bulls Rolling Eyes Obviously you have to use the convenient measure stick that makes you feel the best without have to win so much ! I hope this explains Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  769663

what an ironic point- so england have the better record v aus- but aus are better because they have won 2 out of 8 games in that time v nz-- hahah

in 2 years and 7 months

england played aus 3 times- won 2
engalnd played nz once- won 0
aus have played nz 8 times- won 2 times..

and that supposedly tells us that aus are better than england- hahahahaha

what a bunch of....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:00 pm

I think the pressure will be more on Wales than Australia depsite what happened today. Australia won't be too worried about a narrow defeat to Scotland in crap conditions while Wales will have to prove they're worthy GS Champions and build on their showing at the World Cup. Personally, I hope the Wales hype machine is destroyed, it feels weird as an Englishman to say this but...Come on Australia!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:04 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
anotherworldofpain wrote:Bulls Rolling Eyes Obviously you have to use the convenient measure stick that makes you feel the best without have to win so much ! I hope this explains Aus Vs Wales; are you nervous or excited?  769663

what an ironic point- so england have the better record v aus- but aus are better because they have won 2 out of 8 games in that time v nz-- hahah

in 2 years and 7 months

what a bunch of....

Aussies are Tri Champs, 2nd in World Rankings . They didnt get there by accident .deal with it
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Does anyone know how this effects the rankings? That Scottish win will have led to the Aussies loosing a load of ranking points. I presume that this means if Wales beat them on saturday Wales will gain less ranking points than they would have if Scotland didn't win today?
As a England fan I have half an eye on the rankings as there's going to be one hell of a fight for that all important world ranking of 4th or above ready for the draw in November. I had heard that if Wales matched Englands results during these summer tests they would jump ahead of England into 4th. Is this still the case with the Ausies likely to have lost a shed load of points against the Scot?

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:16 pm

Ranking tell you who is better. Is NZ, Aus, SA, Eng, Wal, ... then the rest, in that ordering.

This is made by scientific equation and not base on someone opinion about which win is more important than the other.

I agree with you need to deal with it.

And poster above, you need to stop make this post 50 times to try get the bite.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

wrfc1980 wrote:Does anyone know how this effects the rankings? That Scottish win will have led to the Aussies loosing a load of ranking points. I presume that this means if Wales beat them on saturday Wales will gain less ranking points than they would have if Scotland didn't win today?
As a England fan I have half an eye on the rankings as there's going to be one hell of a fight for that all important world ranking of 4th or above ready for the draw in November. I had heard that if Wales matched Englands results during these summer tests they would jump ahead of England into 4th. Is this still the case with the Ausies likely to have lost a shed load of points against the Scot?

A win will take Wales to 2nd unless i'm mistaken . They could jump both the Aussies and England in one swoop especially if the English lose against the Boks
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:22 pm

anotherworldofpain wrote:Ranking tell you who is better. Is NZ, Aus, SA, Eng, Wal, ... then the rest, in that ordering.

This is made by scientific equation and not base on someone opinion about which win is more important than the other.

I agree with you need to deal with it.

And poster above, you need to stop make this post 50 times to try get the bite.

Can an admin boot this android off my thread?

picard ghost
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:23 pm

Bullsbok wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

in 2 years and 7 months

what a bunch of....

Aussies are Tri Champs, 2nd in World Rankings . They didnt get there by accident .deal with it

thats fine use that as your yard stick- but not the other ridiculas one. I totally get the rankings- i have no problem with it, or what the rankings suggest, i am offering an alternative view mind- YOU need to deal with the fact that your ludicrous measuring stick is exactly that.. ludicrous- much better to deal v games v nations- but obviously the better one is measure all teams as the rankings does.

AWOP your the one trying to bite, do yourself a favour and just but out

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:26 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Bullsbok wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

in 2 years and 7 months

what a bunch of....

thats fine use that as your yard stick- but not the other ridiculas one. I totally get the rankings- i have no problem with it, or what the rankings suggest, i am offering an alternative view mind- YOU need to deal with the fact that your ludicrous measuring stick is exactly that.. ludicrous- much better to deal v games v nations- but obviously the better one is measure all teams as the rankings does.

AWOP your the one trying to bite, do yourself a favour and just but out

You just get yourself a bit wound up and upset. Now be calm down. I not trying to make the bait about it. Just say so that you can't invent new "ranking" base on your own opinion and expect everyone to agree you. Because is suit your mind. Just look at rankings and be acceptful.

Last edited by anotherworldofpain on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm

No i am not awop-what is the silly point? explain yourself for once.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next