The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC

+3
whocares
LondonTiger
Notch
7 posters

Go down

Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC Empty Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC

Post by Notch Sun 31 May 2015, 12:14 pm

So Noves has been given a four-year contract to succeed St. Andre, starting after the World Cup.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0531/705022-guy-noves/

Two big questions for me;

1) Is having St. Andre take the side into the next World Cup as a dead man walking really a good idea? Surely the writing was on the wall after the Six Nations- how is PSA going to get the best out of this French side when they know he won't be around?
2) Is Guy Noves the right man, but five years or so too late? Toulouse have under performed horribly in recent seasons and seldom play to their potential with any consistency. Not exactly what France need.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC Empty Re: Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC

Post by LondonTiger Sun 31 May 2015, 12:42 pm

Isn't this the 3rd RWC in a row that France have entered with a coach reaching the end of his tenure?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC Empty Re: Guy Noves To Become France Coach Directly After RWC

Post by Notch Sun 31 May 2015, 12:46 pm

Honestly wasn't aware of that. Seems very french- however I don't think Laporte or even Lievremont were anywhere near as reviled as St. Andre seems to be. It already seems like the French players have stopped playing for him from the outside.

I'm very much tempting fate with regards to the France-Ireland game with this thread Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun 31 May 2015, 1:33 pm

1) no choice anyway. PSA contract was never going to be renewed. Players are in the RWC for themselves not for their coach. Note that forward coach is not changing so there will be some continuity
2) probably too late but am still interestd to see what Noves will do with a big player pool and how will he treat the clubs when he was one of the first to moan when he was losing players selected by France.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 31 May 2015, 2:16 pm

I would of thought it would be a no brainer to be honest. Very surprised he has been made head coach before now.

Lets see how France do now in the next 6ns. I bet he will pick a better team than PSA did in his first 6ns.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 31 May 2015, 3:02 pm

Notch wrote:Honestly wasn't aware of that. Seems very french- however I don't think Laporte or even Lievremont were anywhere near as reviled as St. Andre seems to be. It already seems like the French players have stopped playing for him from the outside.

I'm very much tempting fate with regards to the France-Ireland game with this thread Wink

Oh I think those two boys were as close to a lynching or guillotine as St.Andre has been. Indeed, I think the French have been lulled into a certain acceptance of their team playing sub-standard and being erratically coached by the tenures of those other two - making it clear to me that St.Andre really hasn't had the same intensity of negativity at all as those other two - in my observations anyway.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 02 Jun 2015, 8:30 am

Noves has been with Tolouse for 22 years. Why step up now?

Or is he just tired of seeing a revolving door of idiots ruining the national side?

Feel sorry for SCW, but he had no chance the moment Noves threw his beret into the ring.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:01 am

Not worried, Noves is out of date and out of touch. He'll struggle with the French squad where he can't just buy in cover.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 02 Jun 2015, 9:02 am

yappysnap wrote:Not worried, Noves is out of date and out of touch. He'll struggle with the French squad where he can't just buy in cover.
Laugh it may be a number of weeks before he works out there's a reason why he can't see any New Zealanders.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down