The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 8 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 8 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:01 pm

Also, it is not supposition, it is to do with the fact that Peter Thomas has said that Cardiff Blues are now going to be stand alone. You can take that as you want, but I will take that as not having anything to do with anybody else.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 8 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:16 pm

Seeing as you clearly read the thread, you would have seen he even wrote about it himself and said he even got banned because of it.

Still waiting for those quotes.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:24 pm

Weren't they just cutting ties with Ponty? But I can see where the confusion came from, seeing as they're the self proclaimed godfathers of valleys rugby.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:29 pm

To be fair there was other stuff involved so the short ban wasn't just based on that one comment it was more due to a collection

It wasn't exactly homophobic I just joked about you and Stone being an item I never said I had a problem with it or slated anyone that is homosexual

I joke with my nephew about him being an item with the girl next door. I don't think that equates me to being a hetrophobe either

However if you have gotten bored of correcting my spelling and have now decided to try and slander my character on here instead then crack on if it makes you happy OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:41 pm

Slander hey. Like when you suggest people are going to Job Centres?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:48 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Slander hey. Like when you suggest people are going to Job Centres?
Yeah that's the one

So moving on...what do you think Merthyr RFC will achieve in the next 5 years?

*Premiership winners
*Home of a Valleys region
*A stand alone professional team
* None of the above (please state)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:52 pm

Nine of the above - a strong working relationship with their region Cardiff Blues. Good representation of their players in the Blues and Blues premiership select. Being grateful for their blues academy players.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:56 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Nine of the above - a strong working relationship with their region Cardiff Blues. Good representation of their players in the Blues and Blues premiership select. Being grateful for their blues academy players.
Probably. Both are funded and run by benefactors who are brothers so I imagine anything else would be a bit strange to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 30 Nov 2015, 6:59 pm

Hopefully Ponty cease to be stubborn and then they work their way back into the partnership - it'll be for the good of Welsh rugby.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Nov 2015, 8:04 pm

Steffan wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Slander hey. Like when you suggest people are going to Job Centres?
Yeah that's the one

So moving on...what do you think Merthyr RFC will achieve in the next 5 years?

*Premiership winners
*Home of a Valleys region
*A stand alone professional team
* None of the above (please state)

Premiership winners, if anything. Otherwise as I said it would appear to contradict what Stanley Thomas said in the press.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:09 am

Risca Rev wrote:Premiership winners, if anything. Otherwise as I said it would appear to contradict what Stanley Thomas said in the press.

I prefer to go by facts, and that is Cardiff Blues are not going to have anything to do with Premiership clubs:-

http://www.ponty.net/cardiff-blues-to-stop-providing-players-to-premiership-clubs

So there, you can say what you like, there will be no relationship between Merthyr and Cardiff Blues.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:13 am

Amazingly, I didn't see one quote from Peter Thomas there.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:27 am

Risca Rev wrote:Amazingly, I didn't see one quote from Peter Thomas there.

will Richard Holland and Danny Wilson do ?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-stop-providing-players-10432970

They have said it as well. So how much proof do you actually want ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:46 am

You said Peter Thomas said it. Again, I don't see his name attached to any quotes.

I didn't dispute that somebody from Cardiff Blues said they'd stop providing Ponty with free players, I disputed that Peter Thomas said that.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

I will remind you of what Stanley Thomas has said. Perhaps you and/or others up there are getting a little carried away, just because you are going well in the Championship.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 01 Dec 2015, 9:59 am

Risca, why are you playing this stupid game ?

Stan Thomas said that in June. Things have changed since then. Cardiff Blues have made a statement that they will NOT be having anything to do with the premiership clubs weather Peter Thomas has said it or not, it has been officially announced by Cardiff Blues. Now accept that and stop making yourself look silly.

There will be no relationship with Merthyr and Cardiff Blues, Cardiff Blues are reducing their squad and keeping all their players in the A side and academies.

And this is a fact as shown to you in the links I have provided.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:16 am

I'm not playing any game. I asked you to provide proof of Peter Thomas' quotes and you haven't done so.

I also still don't buy the idea that Merthyr will become a pro team. Your best player is Andy Powell, a player released by the very pro team you were slagging off yesterday. I'd be interested to see how they go in the prem next season though.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:24 am

Risca Rev wrote:I'm not playing any game. I asked you to provide proof of Peter Thomas' quotes and you haven't done so.

When I referred to Peter Thomas I was referring to Cardiff Blues, he has said this though, I just cannot find any links to him saying it.

Risca Rev wrote:I also still don't buy the idea that Merthyr will become a pro team. Your best player is Andy Powell, a player released by the very pro team you were slagging off yesterday. I'd be interested to see how they go in the prem next season though.

Merthyr will Walk the league next year, they will sign all the best players from the other teams, our best player is not Andy Powell by the way Paula Kaho is. Followed by this lot, Matthew Jarvis, Rhys Downes, Phil Rees, Gareth “Denver” Williams, Craig Locke and James Howe.

Merthyr at the moment are taking maximum points from ALL their games bar one. They are upgrading ALL their facilities and we are bringing through a lot of young players. We will see what happens in a few years time.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:35 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/sir-stanley-thomas-reveals-clampdown-10027072

Wail wrote:Multi-millionaire Sir Stanley, who is one of Wales’ richest men and is bank-rolling Merthyr’s attempt to be promoted to the Principality Premiership after making a clutch of summer signings headed by the acquisition of former Lions and Wales star Andy Powell from Newport Gwent Dragons, vowed there wouldn’t be a repeat incident.

He's also your captain, isn't he? I think I'll stick with my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:40 am

Risca Rev wrote:He's also your captain, isn't he? I think I'll stick with my opinion.

Look I do not care who you think is our best player, at the end of the day I have given you proof that Cardiff Blues will not be having anything to do with the premiership, so what is hard for you to accept with this ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:44 am

I asked for Peter Thomas' quotes, as you said they came from him.

Also, how come your star player (in your eyes) hasn't been playing recently?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:He's also your captain, isn't he? I think I'll stick with my opinion.

Look I do not care who you think is our best player, at the end of the day I have given you proof that Cardiff Blues will not be having anything to do with the premiership, so what is hard for you to accept with this ?

I'm sure there'll still be some kind of collaboration though.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Tue 01 Dec 2015, 6:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I'm not playing any game. I asked you to provide proof of Peter Thomas' quotes and you haven't done so.

When I referred to Peter Thomas I was referring to Cardiff Blues, he has said this though, I just cannot find any links to him saying it.

Risca Rev wrote:I also still don't buy the idea that Merthyr will become a pro team. Your best player is Andy Powell, a player released by the very pro team you were slagging off yesterday. I'd be interested to see how they go in the prem next season though.

Merthyr will Walk the league next year, they will sign all the best players from the other teams, our best player is not Andy Powell by the way Paula Kaho is. Followed by this lot, Matthew Jarvis,  Rhys Downes,  Phil Rees,  Gareth “Denver” Williams,  Craig Locke and James Howe.

Merthyr at the moment are taking maximum points from ALL their games bar one. They are upgrading ALL their facilities and we are bringing through a lot of young players. We will see what happens in a few years time.

a a I predict a swathe of bans after the entire squad get caught taking Aberdare tic tacs
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:32 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Merthyr will Walk the league next year, they will sign all the best players from the other teams, our best player is not Andy Powell by the way Paula Kaho is. Followed by this lot, Matthew Jarvis,  Rhys Downes,  Phil Rees,  Gareth “Denver” Williams,  Craig Locke and James Howe.

a a I predict a swathe of bans after the entire squad get caught taking Aberdare tic tacs

Laugh

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 04 Jan 2016, 2:44 pm

Well so much for the "next" Welsh region. Merthyr went up to North Wales and tonked them 62-17 last Monday, are we seriously looking at a North Wales region that cannot cut it in the championship ? there is also talk of that lot going into the Welsh prem next year as well. Shocked

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:02 pm

I don't think anyone has said they will be the next region any time soon. I think North Wales needs it's own region though, and one day they will have it. That's probably a little over ten years away. The 'next welsh region' certainly won't be in Merthyr or in the home of valleys rugby, that much I know.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:06 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I don't think anyone has said they will be the next region any time soon. I think North Wales needs it's own region though, and one day they will have it. That's probably a little over ten years away. The 'next welsh region' certainly won't be in Merthyr or in the home of valleys rugby, that much I know.

Do not count those chickens yet mikey. Smile

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I don't think anyone has said they will be the next region any time soon. I think North Wales needs it's own region though, and one day they will have it. That's probably a little over ten years away. The 'next welsh region' certainly won't be in Merthyr or in the home of valleys rugby, that much I know.

Do not count those chickens yet mikey. Smile

It would be a bit of a backwards step adding another region only 45mins away from the rest of them.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:38 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
It would be a bit of a backwards step adding another region only 45mins away from the rest of them.

Even if the said "region" had a backer who is willing to plough his own money into the team ? The WRU would not have to spend as much on them, and there is a reason why Cardiff Blues have decided to cut off all ties with anything north of Radyr.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Jan 2016, 3:48 pm

Well if they did step up as a region for the valleys, then it would be a bit hypocritical for most their supporters who have moaned about the close proximity of the regions to each other.

Anyway, lets face it unless the WRU force someone into non-existence, a new region is not likely to happen in the next decade.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 04 Jan 2016, 4:12 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Well if they did step up as a region for the valleys, then it would be a bit hypocritical for most their supporters who have moaned about the close proximity of the regions to each other.

Anyway, lets face it unless the WRU force someone into non-existence, a new region is not likely to happen in the next decade.

I would not be surprised if that happened.

Lets look at the facts, a very rich Welshman from Merthyr owns a professional rugby club in Wales, not to be out done, the even richer brother of a very rich Welshman decides to plough money into a team that cannot really aspire to anything on a global stage. Then low and behold, as soon as one brother announces he is putting a lot of money in a club from the two brothers home town, the brother who owns the pro team announces that his side will not have anything to do with anyone outside of Cardiff anymore, leaving a massive hole where there is more rugby played than anywhere else in Wales.

Why would a brother with a vast fortune put money into a club that will never bear any fruit ? Why would one brother then decide to cast aside the best catchment area for his own pro team ? They are both making statements of intent, before long, the bandwagon will be so huge that the WRU will not be able to ignore the plight of the Mid Glamorgan valleys.

It might take a decade, like you said, but something will happen, people with money crave power.

Attentions will then turn wider, other teams who are perhaps losing money hand over fist, not competing and struggling might get looked at. I will stop now as I have said too much........

Lets carry on about our business, these are not the droids you are looking for............ Whistle

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 04 Jan 2016, 6:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Well if they did step up as a region for the valleys, then it would be a bit hypocritical for most their supporters who have moaned about the close proximity of the regions to each other.

I would not be surprised if that happened.

Lets look at the facts, a very rich Welshman from Merthyr owns a professional rugby club in Wales, not to be out done, the even richer brother of a very rich Welshman decides to plough money into a team that cannot really aspire to anything on a global stage. Then low and behold, as soon as one brother announces he is putting a lot of money in a club from the two brothers home town, the brother who owns the pro team announces that his side will not have anything to do with anyone outside of Cardiff anymore, leaving a massive hole where there is more rugby played than anywhere else in Wales.

Why would a brother with a vast fortune put money into a club that will never bear any fruit ? Why would one brother then decide to cast aside the best catchment area for his own pro team ? They are both making statements of intent, before long, the bandwagon will be so huge that the WRU will not be able to ignore the plight of the Mid Glamorgan valleys.

It might take a decade, like you said, but something will happen, people with money crave power.

Attentions will then turn wider, other teams who are perhaps losing money hand over fist, not competing and struggling might get looked at. I will stop now as I have said too much........

Lets carry on about our business, these are not the droids you are looking for............ Whistle

Eh? Headscratch

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 04 Jan 2016, 7:32 pm

Lord, in a decade the two brothers could be worm food and the heirs to their fortunes may not have such a desire to invest in rugby.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Jan 2016, 8:11 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Lord, in a decade the two brothers could be worm food and the heirs to their fortunes may not have such a desire to invest in rugby.

Good one. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 06 Jan 2016, 9:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
the brother who owns the pro team announces that his side will not have anything to do with anyone outside of Cardiff anymore,

You're banned from CAP then I guess.
You'll have to watch future games in the Upper Boat I reckon. Or the Otley. Nice pint of Cardiff Brains Dark in there btw.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 07 Jan 2016, 11:04 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
the brother who owns the pro team announces that his side will not have anything to do with anyone outside of Cardiff anymore,  

You'll have to watch future games in the Upper Boat I reckon. Or the Otley. Nice pint of Cardiff Brains Dark in there btw.

There is an OK cavery in the Upper Boat, trouble is they do not have any tele's.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 07 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There is an OK cavery in the Upper Boat, trouble is they do not have any tele's.

Wink. Bet there's still a cathode ray on the wall somewhere.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:33 am

Another bit of ambition by Merthyr :-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-announce-signing-senior-10799642

For those of you who do not like to read  WOL:-

Merthyr RFC announce the signing of senior Pontypridd RFC centre Gavin Dacey

Dacey, who spent 11 years at Sardis Road, has returned to his hometown club as they bid to secure promotion to the Principality Premiership

Merthyr RFC have announced the signing of experienced Pontypridd RFC centre Gavin Dacey.
The 31-year-old, who is on a two-year contract, will join up with the Ironmen immediately and is expected to be on the bench for their trip to Narberth this Saturday.
Merthyr head coach Lee Jarvis was delighted to welcome Dacey back to the club where it all began for the centre.
"It's great that Gavin is coming home after a very successful time at Pontypridd RFC," he said, "We're glad to bringing such an experienced and quality player to the club."
"He will add a new dimension to our back line and he brings a lot of experience.
He added: "This just shows the direction in which we are going as a club."
Dacey, the older brother of current Wales international Kristian, arrived at Pontypridd as a trialist in the summer 2005 before being awarded a place in the senior squad for that season.
Since then, he was a regular in the side and went on to earn honours with Wales Universities and Wales Sevens.
He was named the club's vice captain for the 2009/10 season but he has now returned to the club where he played junior and youth rugby.
Dacey is latest to join with Merthyr with the club having already recruited the likes of former British and Irish Lion Andy Powell, former Wales U20s outside-half Matthew Jarvis, Ebbw Vale scrum-half Rhys Downes, Bedwas lock Phil Rees, Ebbw Vale back rower Gareth “Denver” Williams, plus Pontypridd forwards Craig Locke and James Howe.
The Ironmen were granted their Premiership A License back in December, which means they will have the chance to win promotion should their results earn them it.
They currently sit top of the Swalec Championship having lost just once all season, with a points difference of +585.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:40 am

Ouch. Mid season must be a blow for Ponty. No doubt they'll have someone decent to step in and replace him. Promotion is basically already secured for Merthyr. Prem should be exciting next year.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jan 2016, 10:55 am

LordDowlais wrote:Another bit of ambition by Merthyr :-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-announce-signing-senior-10799642

For those of you who do not like to read  WOL:-

Merthyr RFC announce the signing of senior Pontypridd RFC centre Gavin Dacey

Dacey, who spent 11 years at Sardis Road, has returned to his hometown club as they bid to secure promotion to the Principality Premiership

Merthyr RFC have announced the signing of experienced Pontypridd RFC centre Gavin Dacey.
The 31-year-old, who is on a two-year contract, will join up with the Ironmen immediately and is expected to be on the bench for their trip to Narberth this Saturday.
Merthyr head coach Lee Jarvis was delighted to welcome Dacey back to the club where it all began for the centre.
"It's great that Gavin is coming home after a very successful time at Pontypridd RFC," he said, "We're glad to bringing such an experienced and quality player to the club."
"He will add a new dimension to our back line and he brings a lot of experience.
He added: "This just shows the direction in which we are going as a club."
Dacey, the older brother of current Wales international Kristian, arrived at Pontypridd as a trialist in the summer 2005 before being awarded a place in the senior squad for that season.
Since then, he was a regular in the side and went on to earn honours with Wales Universities and Wales Sevens.
He was named the club's vice captain for the 2009/10 season but he has now returned to the club where he played junior and youth rugby.
Dacey is latest to join with Merthyr with the club having already recruited the likes of former British and Irish Lion Andy Powell, former Wales U20s outside-half Matthew Jarvis, Ebbw Vale scrum-half Rhys Downes, Bedwas lock Phil Rees, Ebbw Vale back rower Gareth “Denver” Williams, plus Pontypridd forwards Craig Locke and James Howe.
The Ironmen were granted their Premiership A License back in December, which means they will have the chance to win promotion should their results earn them it.
They currently sit top of the Swalec Championship having lost just once all season, with a points difference of +585.

And you said, quite clearly, on the other thread that money wouldn't/couldn't improve a team; that the regions getting more money would not lead to improvements on the pitch. Merthyr is a cracking example of money leading to better players, to better standards, more consistency, and therefore improved performance and results.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 28 Jan 2016, 11:00 am

Griff wrote:
And you said, quite clearly, on the other thread that money wouldn't/couldn't improve a team; that the regions getting more money would not lead to improvements on the pitch. Merthyr is a cracking example of money leading to better players, to better standards, more consistency, and therefore improved performance and results.

Griff, please, do not turn this thread into a bitch fest like the other thread. I will just say, that what I meant was no amount of money would improve the regions unless the coaching was changed.

I mentioned that the regions could pay for the entire All Blacks squad to play for them, but that would not stop them underachieving. There is a mindset that needs changing within the regions, and money will not change it. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 28 Jan 2016, 1:11 pm

LD, Griff just clearly mentioned that money can bring in better players AND coaches, which was a contrast of what you were previously saying despite your hometown being a good example. Why don't you try and be a bit more hypothetical? You seem to dismiss answers that don't include key words for you.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:28 pm

Cheque book Charlies at it again.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Another bit of ambition by Merthyr :-

As in poaching Ponty players so you can beat Ponty next season?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Jan 2016, 6:32 pm

Coleman wrote:Ouch. Mid season must be a blow for Ponty. No doubt they'll have someone decent to step in and replace him. Promotion is basically already secured for Merthyr. Prem should be exciting next year.

Or a walk in the park for Merthyr perhaps?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 28 Jan 2016, 8:18 pm

http://www.ponty.net/pontypridd-rfc-statement-regarding-the-transfer-of-gavin-dacey?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Fri 29 Jan 2016, 12:15 pm

Top poaching. Though at least the regions know what qualifies as ambition in Dowlais' eyes. Sign a player from Ponty. I'm on the phone to Lyn, as I type.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 29 Jan 2016, 3:16 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Though at least the regions know what qualifies as ambition in Dowlais' eyes. Sign a player from Ponty
A player that also wasn't even getting in the Ponty first team. Good luck to Gavin though. He has been a good servant to the club

On a separate note...why have you changed your second name on here and why are all your posts under the 'Rev' name been changed to 'Guest'?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 30 Jan 2016, 9:53 pm

RiscaGame wrote:Top poaching. Though at least the regions know what qualifies as ambition in Dowlais' eyes. Sign a player from Ponty. I'm on the phone to Lyn, as I type.

Shewerly though, there must be younger Welsh players around and about that Merthyr could recruit who have the potential to play for team Wales?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 01 Feb 2016, 7:41 pm

Steffan wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Though at least the regions know what qualifies as ambition in Dowlais' eyes. Sign a player from Ponty
A player that also wasn't even getting in the Ponty first team. Good luck to Gavin though. He has been a good servant to the club

On a separate note...why have you changed your second name on here and why are all your posts under the 'Rev' name been changed to 'Guest'?

And another.
Merthyr RFC, the Toulon of the Valleys?

"Blues second row Miles Normandale has signed for Merthyr RFC"

http://merthyr.rfc.wales/news/22a24be1-bfbd-42c5-925a-967fbe33a084/blues-second-row-signs-for-ironmen

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 01 Feb 2016, 8:01 pm

Apologies as I may have missed it, but what are Merthyr RFC striving to achieve? Romp the Welsh Prem and the Swalec?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next