The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 14 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue 02 Jun 2015, 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 14 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:04 pm

GavinDragon wrote:

Good point, but if the businesses' recruitment strategy, and people's decision to join that business was heavily influenced by being able to go on 'secondment', that also must be taken into consideration.

Do you think he is keen for the pro entities to market themselves as they see fit? Do you think he has a preference either way? And what do you make of a certain indivisual's assertion that Phillips is keen for the valleys to 'engage'?

Under your idea of solely paying salary when the player is on secondment, therefore leaving nothing to cover replacement, the sensible business will not employ the former.

Yes
Yes
He wants everybody to engage but is content that many won't as they are 'still stuck in Brive in 1997'
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 14 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by PhilBB Fri 05 Feb 2016, 7:05 pm

Don Blues wrote:
Have you not heard? There will be a new super valleys region based there that we sweep all before them and never concede more than 3 tries in a game especially away from home and they will do this on a modest budget as you don't need a big budget to compete at the top table in rugby these days? They'll be winning the Chamions cup within a year of creation too! Anything less will be considered a failure by the fans.

Or what will really happen is that they'll get in the Premiership and forge string links with the Cardiff Blues as a pathway for pro players. Hopefully the link/partnership will be fruitful for both parties and a more civilised than the one with Ponty? (Runs and ducks for cover!!)

^ Excellent post ^
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:12 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
You said before the RWC, when it wasn't actually announced that he'd signed up after the RWC. So I assumed you were talking a bit further back. Up until this point contract negotiations were on going and an agreement that would see him stay couldn't be made whilst extra money was available to put him on a NDC. The offer never came to Faletau decided a move to Bath was best for him. Somehow I don't think the move will work out.

True it is limited. There should be around 25 - 30 front line players on one. That would have included extra backs because it was an area we were getting a bit thin on the ground (long before the RWC injuries), hence form players like Amos and Morgan signed up.

I always assumed it would be eastward, but need a little more than your word for it.

Faletau agreed the deal with Bath before the RWC. The offer of the NDC was just window dressing (clue: see Thomas getting involved by offering a transfer fee to his mate Hazell).

There is no money for 25 'front line' players to have an NDC. There should be no NDC at all.

Even Robin Davey was tweeting yesterday about that pair moving Westwards. He had it confirmed from Godfrey that the moves were being started.

It was all up in the air at that point and nothing was confirmed. There were a couple options that both the Dragons and Faletau were looking to take and TP ended up with Bath as that is what the WRU wanted (more than certain members of our board wanted the transfer fee).

As I said earlier; the increased funding into the game and reduced stadium debt would suggest that you're wrong about the union not having ample resources. I stated 25-30 as my preference, but if players just re-sign with their clubs when on a French radar then I guess that's even better.

Davey tweets a lot of things and I don't take it as gospel. It isn't the first time I've heard the rumour on the Amos front but again it's not set in stone.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:20 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Well you've even lost me now. As for talking about chips on shoulders, I find it very rich coming from the likes of you. It would be best to leave that turd on twitter where you have a god-like status among Cardiff RFC fans still stuck in time warp.

Terrific.

Remind me again who you are?

'The likes of you'. Rightio.

Ah see now if you wish to remain anonymous 'phil BB' then so do I Wink. You've retweeted me in the past btw, it was a comment about Ponty no longer being able to take Blues' academy players.

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Pal this isn't the NHS or LD's carpet fitting firm. We're talking about a non-profit organisation set up to serve specific purposes. If like me you want to see 4 or more strong teams in Wales then you would agree with what I believe should happen.

Are you referring to laurel and hardy? Wasn't their predecessor Phil Davies, a man who was wanted by your board?

I do remember the scenario, but it's been one of many hence my asking. It's not quite as you described either, is it?

WTF?

What is this 'non-profit organisation set up to serve specific purposes'?

Burnell and Davies: Level 5 Welsh coaches as wished for by Lewis. Both didn't work out. Hammett wasn't sacked.

And what isn't as I described? Try being coherent, if you can.

Simple, it's the WRU and I've already posted what their purpose is. So comparing it to any other business with shareholders is a really ill comparison if you cannot grasp that then it is you who is incoherent. WRU have failed the Dragons plain and simple.

Yes it didn't work out at all much like Phil Davies, McIntosh and John. Hammett was 'asked to leave' then if you prefer. Don't act stupid and try to defend your board, or blame Lewis.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 05 Feb 2016, 11:25 pm

PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:But, and please correct me if I am wrong, didnt PRW negotiate directly with PRL and LNR over the RCC comp? If they did, why did they allow the funds to flow through WRU accounts?

No, PRW and the WRU are equal shareholders in EPCR. The agreements that FFR and RFU have with their clubs is that competition money is paid directly to their umbrella organisations. That isn't the case in Wales.

Why isn't it the case? I can only guess by noting that the loss of £8m+ from the WRU turnover would see it invoke increased interest charges from Barclays and that would benefit nobody.

Interesting, however is this another factor that indicates the game in Wales is not run like how it is in England and France (which is what you said)? Very Happy

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 06 Feb 2016, 1:56 am

Don Blues wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Either something huge is happening in Merthyr or this thread has strayed a tad off-piste somewhat.

Have you not heard? There will be a new super valleys region based there that we sweep all before them and never concede more than 3 tries in a game especially away from home and they will do this on a modest budget as you don't need a big budget to compete at the top table in rugby these days? They'll be winning the Chamions cup within a year of creation too! Anything less will be considered a failure by the fans.

Or what will really happen is that they'll get in the Premiership and forge string links with the Cardiff Blues as a pathway for pro players. Hopefully the link/partnership will be fruitful for both parties and a more civilised than the one with Ponty? (Runs and ducks for cover!!)

How will Ponty react to this all conquering Valleys team, I wonder? Maybe Owen Robins or Steff will answer? I'd imagine they'd be happy, seeing as every single Valley would be represented according to Dowlais?

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sat 06 Feb 2016, 2:03 am

PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Good point, but if the businesses' recruitment strategy, and people's decision to join that business was heavily influenced by being able to go on 'secondment', that also must be taken into consideration.

Do you think he is keen for the pro entities to market themselves as they see fit? Do you think he has a preference either way? And what do you make of a certain indivisual's assertion that Phillips is keen for the valleys to 'engage'?

Under your idea of solely paying salary when the player is on secondment, therefore leaving nothing to cover replacement, the sensible business will not employ the former.

Yes
Yes
He wants everybody to engage but is content that many won't as they are still stuck in Brive in 1997'

Yes that much is true.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 06 Feb 2016, 8:26 am

RiscaGame wrote:
Don Blues wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Either something huge is happening in Merthyr or this thread has strayed a tad off-piste somewhat.

How will Ponty react to this all conquering Valleys team, I wonder? Maybe Owen Robins or Steff will answer? I'd imagine they'd be happy, seeing as every single Valley would be represented according to Dowlais?

Even the Gwent valleys, apparently. Headscratch

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 10:49 am

Warriors were disbanded because they were severely lacking in ambition, move on Whistle.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:08 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Warriors were disbanded because they were severely lacking in ambition, move on Whistle.

Laugh

If only they'd signed more home grown players.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:38 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

It was all up in the air at that point and nothing was confirmed. There were a couple options that both the Dragons and Faletau were looking to take and TP ended up with Bath as that is what the WRU wanted (more than certain members of our board wanted the transfer fee).

As I said earlier; the increased funding into the game and reduced stadium debt would suggest that you're wrong about the union not having ample resources. I stated 25-30 as my preference, but if players just re-sign with their clubs when on a French radar then I guess that's even better.

Davey tweets a lot of things and I don't take it as gospel. It isn't the first time I've heard the rumour on the Amos front but again it's not set in stone.

Faletau agreed the deal with Bath before the RWC. You can write your version as often as you like but it doesn't make it true.

The 'increase' is just NDC money. That's £2m. Nowhere near enough for 25-30.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:39 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Ah see now if you wish to remain anonymous 'phil BB' then so do I Wink. You've retweeted me in the past btw, it was a comment about Ponty no longer being able to take Blues' academy players.

Sorry, no idea who you are.

What's your twitter handle?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:40 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Simple, it's the WRU and I've already posted what their purpose is. So comparing it to any other business with shareholders is a really ill comparison  if you cannot grasp that then it is you who is incoherent. WRU have failed the Dragons plain and simple.

Yes it didn't work out at all much like Phil Davies, McIntosh and John. Hammett was 'asked to leave' then if you prefer. Don't act stupid and try to defend your board, or blame Lewis.

The WRU can NOT treat the NGD more favourably than the other three without landing themselves in court. It's called unfair practice.

Hammett was NOT asked to leave. He asked to leave.

Try not being so wrong on so much stuff. It might help you not look so badly informed.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:41 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:But, and please correct me if I am wrong, didnt PRW negotiate directly with PRL and LNR over the RCC comp? If they did, why did they allow the funds to flow through WRU accounts?

No, PRW and the WRU are equal shareholders in EPCR. The agreements that FFR and RFU have with their clubs is that competition money is paid directly to their umbrella organisations. That isn't the case in Wales.

Why isn't it the case? I can only guess by noting that the loss of £8m+ from the WRU turnover would see it invoke increased interest charges from Barclays and that would benefit nobody.

Interesting, however is this another factor that indicates the game in Wales is not run like how it is in England and France (which is what you said)? Very Happy

Erm, how have you arrived at that conclusion?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:46 am

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

Simple, it's the WRU and I've already posted what their purpose is. So comparing it to any other business with shareholders is a really ill comparison  if you cannot grasp that then it is you who is incoherent. WRU have failed the Dragons plain and simple.

The WRU can NOT treat the NGD more favourably than the other three without landing themselves in court. It's called unfair practice.

Hammett was NOT asked to leave. He asked to leave.

Try not being so wrong on so much stuff. It might help you not look so badly informed.

They wouldn't be. They bought half, they didn't invest or run their half the way they should have done. It's partly why we've always been at a disadvantage.

In-fighting again and player power among your average players with numpties on your board kissing their arses. I'm not wrong on this now, am I? Try using common sense because everyone knows what really happened. At least the Blues seem to be on the straight and narrow now anyway.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:48 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

They wouldn't be. They bought half, they didn't invest or run their half the way they should have done. It's partly why we've always been at a disadvantage.

In-fighting again and player power among your average players with numpties on your board kissing their arses. I'm not wrong on this now, am I? Try using common sense because everyone knows what really happened. At least the Blues seem to be on the straight and narrow now anyway.

They didn't buy their half.

No, you're right about Rees and Reed. But he didn't get sacked or be asked to leave. He asked, via text, to leave to be with his seriously ill mother.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:49 am

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Erm, how have you arrived at that conclusion?

Well read what you wrote here, after claiming that the club game in Wales is already run like it is in England and France. I've nothing more to add as you'll just give the generic "WTF" in your next reply, I'm done reading that bollox.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 11:51 am

mikey_dragon wrote:

Well read what you wrote here, after claiming that the club game in Wales is already run like it is in England and France. I've nothing more to add as you'll just give the generic "WTF" in your next reply, I'm done reading that bollox.

So no explanation? How unsurprising.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

They didn't buy their half.

And yet they have it anyway.

Now, who reckons it is to the Dragons advantage that WRU own half of their business?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 12:47 pm

Stone Motif wrote:

Now, who reckons it is to the Dragons advantage that WRU own half of their business?

Good question.

A better one is, why haven't Brown, Hazell, Godfrey or Newport RFC bought the other share?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 06 Feb 2016, 1:05 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Good question.

A better one is, why haven't Brown, Hazell, Godfrey or Newport RFC bought the other share?

The answer can only be it ain't for sale. Presumably lest another 'regional' entity gets the kibosh.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 1:17 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

So no explanation? How unsurprising.

Is this just to get the last word in? You can have it, however like I've previously said, read. I wasted my time explaining something to you yesterday even when it had already been written, I'm not wasting my time again seeing as you're suffering from Dowlais syndrome.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 1:19 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Good question.

The answer can only be it ain't for sale. Presumably lest another 'regional' entity gets the kibosh.

Wasn't it bought for a pound? If I was a millionaire I'd invest because with the way it's going the Dragons will need to become the next Toulon in order to be competitive. I sure as hell wouldn't buy the half from the robbing to$$ers at the WRU though, I'd just demand it.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 4:20 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Good question.

It definitely is for sale. Definitely. Even Steve Lewis tried to buy it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 4:21 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Is this just to get the last word in? You can have it, however like I've previously said, read. I wasted my time explaining something to you yesterday even when it had already been written, I'm not wasting my time again seeing as you're suffering from Dowlais syndrome.

What a wonderfully ironic question.

You seem quick on the false insult. It's almost as though you're hiding something, which is funny as a hiding is just what you've received on the ins and outs of Welsh rugby.

Man up, Champ. Don't be so moody.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 4:28 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

Wasn't it bought for a pound? If I was a millionaire I'd invest because with the way it's going the Dragons will need to become the next Toulon in order to be competitive. I sure as hell wouldn't buy the half from the robbing to$$ers at the WRU though, I'd just demand it.

What the WRU 'robbed'?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Good question.

It definitely is for sale. Definitely. Even Steve Lewis tried to buy it.

Why didn't he succeed?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:What the WRU 'robbed'?
Two players from the Dregans squad when it's national team call up time I assume

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sat 06 Feb 2016, 5:22 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Why didn't he succeed?

Because he couldn't buy the other half
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 06 Feb 2016, 6:03 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

What the WRU 'robbed'?

Speaking hypothetically, they haven't actually robbed me.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 06 Feb 2016, 9:50 pm

This a Drags thread now then?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sun 07 Feb 2016, 11:13 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:

What the WRU 'robbed'?

Speaking hypothetically, they haven't actually robbed me.

Hypothetically? That makes no sense.

Why are they robbing to$$ers?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 07 Feb 2016, 2:59 pm

Zzzzzzzzzz!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sun 07 Feb 2016, 6:57 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Zzzzzzzzzz!

It's odd that you don't like answering questions or justifying what you actually write but, I guess, each to their own.

It does rather make it appear that you can't justify what you write, mind you.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:16 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:This a Drags thread now then?

yes it is. Us Dragons fans, bereft of any rugby success, claim moral victories based on the number of 606v2 threads we can hijack!

Hug

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:30 pm

PhilBB wrote:

It's odd that you don't like answering questions or justifying what you actually write but, I guess, each to their own.

Snore.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:33 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Snore.

Wake up!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 07 Feb 2016, 8:40 pm

GavinDragon wrote:

yes it is. Us Dragons fans, bereft of any rugby success, claim moral victories based on the number of 606v2 threads we can hijack!

Hug

Good call. Wonder what would happen to this thread if Merthyr happened to recruit a Drags fringe player.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 9:29 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Hug

Good call. Wonder what would happen to this thread if Merthyr happened to recruit a Drags fringe player.

What, like Andy Powell? We'd say "good riddance"!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 07 Feb 2016, 9:38 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Hug

What, like Andy Powell? We'd say "good riddance"!

EDF winner with Cardiff and an Arms Park legend.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sun 07 Feb 2016, 9:38 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Snore.

Really, really odd behaviour, mate. Why can't you just write what you mean?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sun 07 Feb 2016, 9:48 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:

Hug

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:37 pm

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc JonesPlease be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

Please be Luc Jones

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 07 Feb 2016, 10:57 pm

PhilBB wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:

Snore.

Really, really odd behaviour, mate. Why can't you just write what you mean?

We're mates now are we?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Sun 07 Feb 2016, 11:02 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:

We're mates now are we?

I've no idea who you are and even less idea as to why you're trying (badly) to play an online persona of a menstrual teenager, high on inconsistency topped only by double standards and cowardliness.

Maybe you could just answer the straight questions, so that you can save some face and we can move on?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Mon 08 Feb 2016, 8:45 pm

Even Merthyr knew it was more sensible to have Richie Rees on their books over Luc Jones. It's only the Lyp that doesn't.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:11 am

Met my mate for a pint after the game on Sunday (he posts on the Ponty forum quite a lot and knows all about PhillBB and his hatred for all things non-Cardiff by the way) and he is quite well connected with the gossip. He reckons that there is definitely a plan in place to make Merthyr a region eventually

It makes sense I guess as I have wondered why the horrible piemans brother would invest all that money in a team that can never go anywhere even if they do win the Welsh Premiership 10 years on the trot with Dan Carter etc. at outside half

Good luck to Merthyr if this happens and I wish them well OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:17 am

Steffan wrote:Met my mate for a pint after the game on Sunday (he posts on the Ponty forum quite a lot and knows all about PhillBB and his hatred for all things non-Cardiff by the way) and he is quite well connected with the gossip. He reckons that there is definitely a plan in place to make Merthyr a region eventually

It makes sense I guess as I have wondered why the horrible piemans brother would invest all that money in a team that can never go anywhere even if they do win the Welsh Premiership 10 years on the trot with Dan Carter etc. at outside half

'Hatred' is a stupid word to use.

And nobody who posts on ponty.net/forum knows 'quite a lot'.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:35 am

Steffan wrote:Met my mate for a pint after the game on Sunday (he posts on the Ponty forum quite a lot and knows all about PhillBB and his hatred for all things non-Cardiff by the way) and he is quite well connected with the gossip. He reckons that there is definitely a plan in place to make Merthyr a region eventually

Anyway, I have been back from the lovely Emerald Isle. Yes I went to watch Wales in Ireland, I left Friday afternoon, and got back yesterday, I swear I am going to be hung over for a week. Laugh

I come back on here and find that this thread has been turned into a Gwent Dragons thread. Laugh

You see, there is big talk in Merthyr about something bigger happening, you all call me deluded, but guess what ? There are bigger plans afoot.

So, lets get back to talking about Merthyr on here. There is so much history for this town, the locomotive engine was invented here, the labour party was formed here, at one point, the whole British empire was forged out of the steel that was produced here, the next thing in line is, an all conquering rugby region. Yahoo

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 09 Feb 2016, 9:43 am

To be honest, any time there is talk of another region like there was with Valley's Rugby (which I appreciate was just an Owen Smith pipe dream) all the Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Llanelli start slating it and claim there is not enough money for another region etc

Well crikey there has been enough money to fund the Newport Gwent Cross Keys Monmouthshire Dregans cannon fodder Pro12 team for the last 13 years, why is a region in Merthyr funded by a millionaire any less economically viable?

How far this region will stretch is another thing as clubs like Neath and my own club of Ponty are already tied on a chain to our Swansea and Cardiff masters

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next