The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

+31
True Raven
Breadvan
PhilBB
RiscaGame
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Welshmushroom
Fanster
doctornickolas
madmaccas
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
XR
Pyleboy65
Luckless Pedestrian
PenfroPete
dragon4life
offload
munkian
The Saint
Steffan
ScarletSpiderman
Shifty
Cardiff Dave
Coleman
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
Chunky Norwich
LordDowlais
HammerofThunor
GavinDragon
35 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 15 Empty Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by GavinDragon Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/merthyr-rfc-set-become-new-9377183

Thoughts?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 15 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:50 am

Steffan wrote:How far this region will stretch is another thing as clubs like Neath and my own club of Ponty are already tied on a chain to our Swansea and Cardiff masters

Are Ponty still chained though ?

Cardiff Blues have already said they will not be putting players there anymore, they never really wanted anything to do with Pontypridd.

Steffan wrote:To be honest, any time there is talk of another region like there was with Valley's Rugby (which I appreciate was just an Owen Smith pipe dream) all the Cardiff. Newport, Swansea and Llanelli start slating it and claim there is not enough money for another region etc

To be fair, it's only the Dragons fans who get like that, well on here anyway, but that is probably because they feel the most threatened.

Also, I have come to realise, that PhilBB is totally ignorant to anything outside of Cardiff, he even said so much on this thread about lack of business and sponsorship outside of Cardiff, yet he totally ignores the fact that the very rich owner of Cardiff started a massive business in the valleys where all the wealth that is now being splashed on his beloved team came from. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby - Page 15 Empty Re: Merthyr RFC set to become new force in Welsh Rugby

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:08 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Cardiff Blues have already said they will not be putting players there anymore, they never really wanted anything to do with Pontypridd
Neither side wanted anything to do with the other one but at present they are still supplying Ponty with players and Ponty are accepting them so not really sure how that is working

LordDowlais wrote:To be fair, it's only the Dragons fans who get like that, well on here anyway, but that is probably because they feel the most threatened
The Dragons fans on here seem to spend more time hating other teams than supporting their own

LordDowlais wrote:Also, I have come to realise, that PhilBB is totally ignorant to anything outside of Cardiff, he even said so much on this thread about lack of business and sponsorship outside of Cardiff
Phils just one of those people that believes civilisation stops outside of Cardiff. I've worked with quite a few Cardiffians who think like that. It doesn't just stop at rugby

Pieman paid to keep Cardiff a professional team, I have no issue with that. But some of these Cardiff toffs still think that the WRU kept them as a pro team back in 2003 because it's all about "great name of Cardiff RFC" who were realistically a team back then with a bunch of mercenaries, no silverware, no team spirit and a bunch of supporters who are incapable of managing anything other than that boring repetitive Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaidiff chant

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 am

Steffan wrote:To be honest, any time there is talk of another region like there was with Valley's Rugby (which I appreciate was just an Owen Smith pipe dream) all the Cardiff, Newport, Swansea and Llanelli start slating it and claim there is not enough money for another region etc

Well crikey there has been enough money to fund the Newport Gwent Cross Keys Monmouthshire Dregans cannon fodder Pro12 team for the last 13 years, why is a region in Merthyr funded by a millionaire any less economically viable?

How far this region will stretch is another thing as clubs like Neath and my own club of Ponty are already tied on a chain to our Swansea and Cardiff masters

It's less economically viable as he doesn't have a facility like Rodney Parade to a) generate income and b) be used as security on loans.

If he blows the £20m needed to build a new stadium and blows another £3m a year paying for the team, then it becomes viable.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:11 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Cardiff Blues have already said they will not be putting players there anymore, they never really wanted anything to do with Pontypridd.

The pathways are set, yes.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:12 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Also, I have come to realise, that PhilBB is totally ignorant to anything outside of Cardiff, he even said so much on this thread about lack of business and sponsorship outside of Cardiff, yet he totally ignores the fact that the very rich owner of Cardiff started a massive business in the valleys where all the wealth that is now being splashed on his beloved team came from. Rolling Eyes

Charming.

So let's see how bright you are:

1. Who is the owner that you refer to?
2. What business did he start 'in the Valleys'?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:13 am

Steffan wrote:
Pieman paid to keep Cardiff a professional team, I have no issue with that. But some of these Cardiff toffs still think that the WRU kept them as a pro team back in 2003 because it's all about "great name of Cardiff RFC" who were realistically a team back then with a bunch of mercenaries, no silverware, no team spirit and a bunch of supporters who are incapable of managing anything other than that boring repetitive Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaidiff chant

Ah, no silverware.

I'm guessing that you're under 20 years old, if that's what you believe. The rest is obviously guff.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:18 am

PhilBB wrote:If he blows the £20m needed to build a new stadium and blows another £3m a year paying for the team, then it becomes viable.

More ignorance again, have you seen the work being done at the Wern ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:21 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Yes. And I know how much PyS cost.

So it's not ignorance, champ. Come back when it's a 15k stadium that can host conferences, exhibitions and earn income for the 350 days of the year when there's no pro sport being played.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:21 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Charming.

So let's see how bright you are:

1. Who is the owner that you refer to?
2. What business did he start 'in the Valleys'?

His farther started the business, but it was still started in the valleys, the Thomas family got their fortune from there. You know the business, it is in Bedwas.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:21 am

PhilBB wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Ah, no silverware.

I'm guessing that you're under 20 years old, if that's what you believe. The rest is obviously guff.
Yes anything you disagree with is guff thumbsup

I'm old enough to remember Ponty beating your star-studded teams back in the 90s

Also the disastrous world cup campaign that Cardiff...sorry I mean Wales had in 1995 with Alec Evans in charge

He even took Andy Moore over Paul John laughing

Pretty much everyone I knew back then apart from Cardiff fans said it was a disgraceful selection

Then you and Swansea threw your dummies out of the pram and left us all for a season

That worked out well didn't it...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:23 am

LordDowlais wrote:

His farther started the business, but it was still started in the valleys, the Thomas family got their fortune from there. You know the business, it is in Bedwas.

So not only is Peter Thomas not the owner but he didn't start the business, either. And since when is Bedwas in the Valleys?

Here you go getting three things wrong whilst trying to convince yourself that the ignorance lies elsewhere. How's that working out for you?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 am

Steffan wrote:

I'm old enough to remember Ponty beating your star-studded teams back in the 90s

Also the disastrous world cup campaign that Cardiff...sorry I mean Wales had in 1995 with Alec Evans in charge

He even took Andy Moore over Paul John  laughing  

Pretty much everyone I knew back then apart from Cardiff fans said it was a disgraceful selection

Then you and Swansea threw your dummies out of the pram and left us all for a season

That worked out well didn't it...

Ah, the same Paul John who learned his rugby at Cardiff RFC.

The Rebel Season did work out well, yes, as it brought the cross border league that was so needed, leading to the cull of teams who couldn't pay for professional rugby. Sadly, Vernon Pugh blocked the Anglo-Welsh league that it guaranteed and we're still paying for that now but, even then, it was known that only four clubs could sustain pro rugby and, guess what, it's the same four that we have now.

So, all in all, you really shouldn't throw stones from a Ponty greenhouse at Cardiff RFC.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:26 am

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So it's not ignorance, champ. Come back when it's a 15k stadium that can host conferences, exhibitions and earn income for the 350 days of the year when there's no pro sport being played.

PYS was built from scratch, the Wern needs re-vamping, now I know it is nothing like PYS, but with a little help from the local government like PYS had then yes we could have a nice shiney stadium like that here, there is twice the population in Merthyr than there is in Llanelli, so if they can make it work there, then they could make it work here.

Also, what friggin exhibitions does the Arms Park do to earn money all year around, they are not exactly bursting with function rooms and media rooms there for weddings and disco's and concerts are they ? Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:29 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Steffan wrote:Met my mate for a pint after the game on Sunday (he posts on the Ponty forum quite a lot and knows all about PhillBB and his hatred for all things non-Cardiff by the way) and he is quite well connected with the gossip. He reckons that there is definitely a plan in place to make Merthyr a region eventually

It makes sense I guess as I have wondered why the horrible piemans brother would invest all that money in a team that can never go anywhere even if they do win the Welsh Premiership 10 years on the trot with Dan Carter etc. at outside half

Good luck to Merthyr if this happens and I wish them well OK

Anyway, I have been back from the lovely Emerald Isle. Yes I went to watch Wales in Ireland, I left Friday afternoon, and got back yesterday, I swear I am going to be hung over for a week. Laugh

I come back on here and find that this thread has been turned into a Gwent Dragons thread. Laugh

You see, there is big talk in Merthyr about something bigger happening, you all call me deluded, but guess what ? There are bigger plans afoot.

So, lets get back to talking about Merthyr on here. There is so much history for this town, the locomotive engine was invented here, the labour party was formed here, at one point, the whole British empire was forged out of the steel that was produced here, the next thing in line is, an all conquering rugby region. Yahoo

Oh yes, that's it. I'm definitely convinced now Steff and you are saying.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:34 am

RiscaGame wrote:Oh yes, that's it. I'm definitely convinced now Steff and you are saying
I never said it was definitely going to happen. I just said my mate who is usually a good source has heard that there are potential plans for a region. Not saying it is going to happen. Stop twisting my words and perhaps even give a constructive reason (or reasons) why a region in Merthyr will not happen as to opposed to just dismissing mine and LDs views while probably pointing out some error in my spelling or grammer

And why have you changed usernames? Did your old account get blocked or something?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:35 am

PhilBB wrote:So not only is Peter Thomas not the owner but he didn't start the business, either. And since when is Bedwas in the Valleys?

Here you go getting three things wrong whilst trying to convince yourself that the ignorance lies elsewhere. How's that working out for you?

Bedwas is a valleys town, OUTSIDE of Cardiff. Although you fail to except that your team is funded by a company that is not in Cardiff, because according to you, there is nothing outside of Cardiff. 

I know of massive multinational companies currently starting up in Merthyr, there is also one huge company who has been in the neighbouring town of Tredegar since 1982 and has just expanded into Merthyr. 

For some reason though, you are of the opinion that anything north of Radyr is still in the stone age. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:37 am

RiscaGame wrote:Oh yes, that's it. I'm definitely convinced now Steff and you are saying.

Good. At last you are listening. Why it took Steff to convince you though I do not know. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:42 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Oh yes, that's it. I'm definitely convinced now Steff and you are saying.

Good. At last you are listening. Why it took Steff to convince you though I do not know. Wink
And there was me thinking Risca Rev/Game/Stone or whatever other usernames he goes by was trying to be sarcastic Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:45 am

Steffan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

And there was me thinking Risca Rev/Game/Stone or whatever other usernames he goes by was trying to be sarcastic Smile

laughing

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:45 am

Steffan wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:Oh yes, that's it. I'm definitely convinced now Steff and you are saying
I never said it was definitely going to happen. I just said my mate who is usually a good source has heard that there are potential plans for a region. Not saying it is going to happen. Stop twisting my words and perhaps even give a constructive reason (or reasons) why a region in Merthyr will not happen as to opposed to just dismissing mine and LDs views while probably pointing out some error in my spelling or grammer

And why have you changed usernames? Did your old account get blocked or something?

That would then contravene your rule that NGD supporters are not allowed to talk about any other team bar their own, so what's the point?

Ask Dowlais why I changed my username. He apparently knows.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:47 am

RiscaGame wrote:Ask Dowlais why I changed my username. He apparently knows.

It do not now exactly, but my theory is, that somebody on another forum/media outlet, had a very similar name and was always talking crap, thus you changed your name not to get confused as to being the same person.

I could be a million miles away though. I do not really care TBH.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:49 am

RiscaGame wrote:
Steffan wrote:

That would then contravene your rule that NGD supporters are not allowed to talk about any other team bar their own, so what's the point?

Ask Dowlais why I changed my username. He apparently knows.
You can talk about other teams on a non Newport thread...just not talk about the Dregans on other teams threads

Dowlais...being as Risca is incapable of answering such a simple question...why did he change his username?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:57 am

LordDowlais wrote:

It do not now exactly, but my theory is, that somebody on another forum/media outlet, had a very similar name and was always talking crap, thus you changed your name not to get confused as to being the same person

Yes you are wrong  Shocked

The bolded bit though. Brilliant Laugh

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:02 am

Steffan wrote:My mate who is usually a good source has heard that there are potential plans for a region.

Well that'll get the investors in.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:04 am

RiscaGame wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

It do not now exactly, but my theory is, that somebody on another forum/media outlet, had a very similar name and was always talking crap, thus you changed your name not to get confused as to being the same person

You would say that though.

Anyway, you were probably the same person, all he did was jump onto other people topics and try and rubbish them, like a spoilt kid at a party that is not his.

You never start any threads, you never get a conversation going, you always rubbish opinions, unless they are praising Dragons. Just like that other person I was on about.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:07 am

LordDowlais wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

PYS was built from scratch, the Wern needs re-vamping, now I know it is nothing like PYS, but with a little help from the local government like PYS had then yes we could have a nice shiney stadium like that here, there is twice the population in Merthyr than there is in Llanelli, so if they can make it work there, then they could make it work here.

Also, what friggin exhibitions does the Arms Park do to earn money all year around, they are not exactly bursting with function rooms and media rooms there for weddings and disco's and concerts are they ? Rolling Eyes

So you want hand outs. Show some of your own ambition, FFS, rather than running to the government for help, etc., etc., blah, blah.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:11 am

Griff wrote:
So you want hand outs. Show some of your own ambition, FFS, rather than running to the government for help, etc., etc., blah, blah.

Why should the new region, be any different to the others.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:16 am

LordDowlais wrote:
RiscaGame wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

You would say that though.

Anyway, you were probably the same person, all he did was jump onto other people topics and try and rubbish them, like a spoilt kid at a party that is not his.

You never start any threads, you never get a conversation going, you always rubbish opinions, unless they are praising Dragons. Just like that other person I was on about.

So all I have to do is start a thread or two and maybe post a few clickbaity links like you and I'll be ok. Or I could just deal in supposition and that would be acceptable?

But again, we come down to the fact that I'm never the only person to disagree with you on most rugby matters. But your arrogance only allows you to adopt the mindset of I'm right, everybody is wrong when people counter your points. It's also a little hard to have a discussion with you when you shift goalposts so much (one minute the pro teams budgets are a reason why we don't do well and the next budgets don't matter), because it's hard to gauge what your opinion really is if it's so interchangeable depending on what your agenda is that day.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:27 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Yes, CAP does earn money all year round from events held in the boxes, in the Clubhouse and in the Lounges. It also has a very lucrative car park income and makes money when events are held next door.

Didn't you know?

Parc Y Scarlets cost £23m. I look forward to Sir Stanley pumping in that kind of cash.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:30 am

LordDowlais wrote:

Bedwas is a valleys town, OUTSIDE of Cardiff. Although you fail to except that your team is funded by a company that is not in Cardiff, because according to you, there is nothing outside of Cardiff. 

I know of massive multinational companies currently starting up in Merthyr, there is also one huge company who has been in the neighbouring town of Tredegar since 1982 and has just expanded into Merthyr. 

For some reason though, you are of the opinion that anything north of Radyr is still in the stone age. Rolling Eyes

What valley is Bedwas in?

How is my team funded by 'a company that is not in Cardiff'? Could you explain that for me, please?

I look forward to these multinationals pumping in the money into rugby. What companies are they? Have they shown any inclination for rugby elsewhere?

I look forward to the answers to my questions as I'm unaware of what valley hosts Bedwas, or how Peters Savoury Products has anything to do with Cardiff Rugby.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:40 am

PhilBB wrote:It also has a very lucrative car park income and makes money when events are held next door. 

Ah yes, the £5 all day parking on non match days. That is a secret though, do not tell everybody.

PhilBB wrote:Yes, CAP does earn money all year round from events held in the boxes, in the Clubhouse and in the Lounges

You do realise that Merthyr RFC have their own clubhouse as well, always full, and always booked out for events don't you ? In-fact the Merthyr RFC clubhouse is twice the size of Cardiff RFC clubhouse, which incidently is not owned by Cardiff RFC, it is owned by the Cardiff athleitics club, the same organisation that owns your stadium. So how you can use that as a stick to beat me with is just bollox. 

Also, Cardiff RFC do not have lounges, the ground does not have function rooms, so please stop talking bollox.

Cardiff Blues rent the ground off the athletics club, and the athletics club have feck all to do with Cardiff Blues.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:44 am

PhilBB wrote:I look forward to these multinationals pumping in the money into rugby. What companies are they? Have they shown any inclination for rugby elsewhere?

There is a multinational American company based in Tredegar that have just expanded to Merthyr, they are called Tenneco. Google them, they have been sponsoring Tredegar kids rugby for a while now.

PhilBB wrote:I look forward to the answers to my questions as I'm unaware of what valley hosts Bedwas, or how Peters Savoury Products has anything to do with Cardiff Rugby.

Where do you think that the family got their £££££'s from ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:12 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

Which of the regions have had handout from the local government? Scarlets I think. Don't think the Blues or O's. Certainly not the Dragons. Not sure what your point is. Local government is different from WRU, you know. If you take from the local government you're taking money out of education, housing, leisure budgets, etc. For shame, LD. For shame!

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Griff wrote:If you take from the local government you're taking money out of education, housing, leisure budgets, etc. For shame, LD. For shame!

Sir Stan would never do that, he would just dip into his top left shirt pocket, and pay with what ever change he has in there. Wink

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:If you take from the local government you're taking money out of education, housing, leisure budgets, etc. For shame, LD. For shame!

Sir Stan would never do that, he would just dip into his top left shirt pocket, and pay with what ever change he has in there. Wink

So why say that you want them to get assistance from the local government? Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:26 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So why say that you want them to get assistance  from the local government? Headscratch

Not if they do not need it. But if they can then why not ? Scarlets have done it. Why can't others ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:27 pm

Merthyr Council are skint. They are still trying to merge with RCT from what I have been told. They wont get a penny off the government. The horrible piemans brother will have to do a lot of spending. Which I am sure he will

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:30 pm

Steffan wrote:The horrible piemans brother will have to do a lot of spending. Which I am sure he will

That's how I see it as well Steff.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:45 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
You do realise that Merthyr RFC have their own clubhouse as well, always full, and always booked out for events don't you ? In-fact the Merthyr RFC clubhouse is twice the size of Cardiff RFC clubhouse, which incidently is not owned by Cardiff RFC, it is owned by the Cardiff athleitics club, the same organisation that owns your stadium. So how you can use that as a stick to beat me with is just bollox. 

Also, Cardiff RFC do not have lounges, the ground does not have function rooms, so please stop talking bollox.

Cardiff Blues rent the ground off the athletics club, and the athletics club have feck all to do with Cardiff Blues.

Yes, I know that Stanley bought the club house some time ago.

You're aware that the lease terms allow all income from CAP to go to the Club limited, not CAC - right? And what's this 'your stadium' stuff? You told me that you attend Cardiff Blues games.

The ground has a number of function rooms. One underneath the hospitality boxes at the Westgate Street end, one behind the South Stand, one in the Airspace Lounge, one upstairs in the Clubhouse. You would surely know this if you'd ever been to the ground.

And it's Athletic (singular) club. The same Athletic club who is the major shareholder in Cardiff Blues and had three seats on the Board. Maybe you could explain to me how that is having 'feck all to do with Cardiff Blues'? I look forward to your answer.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

There is a multinational American company based in Tredegar that have just expanded to Merthyr, they are called Tenneco. Google them, they have been sponsoring Tredegar kids rugby for a while now.

PhilBB wrote:I look forward to the answers to my questions as I'm unaware of what valley hosts Bedwas, or how Peters Savoury Products has anything to do with Cardiff Rugby.

Where do you think that the family got their £££££'s from ?

Right, so a couple of hundred quid for Tredegar Minis is a surefire sign of willing to spend tens of thousands on a pro rugby team. I see.

What valley hosts Bedwas? You didn't explain.

And what money does Peters Savoury Products presently spend on Cardiff Blues? I'm aware of how some of the money was made, yes, but I'm also aware that PSP was sold 28 years ago.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

Which of the regions have had handout from the local government?  Scarlets I think.  Don't think the Blues or O's.  Certainly not the Dragons.  Not sure what your point is.  Local government is different from WRU, you know.  If you take from the local government you're taking money out of education, housing, leisure budgets, etc.  For shame, LD.  For shame!

The Ospreys had a free stadium.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:54 pm

PhilBB wrote:The ground has a number of function rooms. One underneath the hospitality boxes at the Westgate Street end, one behind the South Stand, one in the Airspace Lounge, one upstairs in the Clubhouse. You would surely know this if you'd ever been to the ground.

WTF, how/who, would hold a wedding in those places ? Yes you have a nice few boxes, but those function rooms cannot hold a gathering, never mind a big corporate event. 

Merthyr RFC have two big function halls at their club. They hold regular weddings, events, after dinner talks with celebs and the what not. 

PhilBB wrote:And it's Athletic (singular) club. The same Athletic club who is the major shareholder in Cardiff Blues and had three seats on the Board. Maybe you could explain to me how that is having 'feck all to do with Cardiff Blues'? I look forward to your answer.

Because you are trying to make out that Cardiff Blues are the full owners of everything down there, they do not own the ground and the facilities so how could they stand to make massive profits from them ALL YEAR ROUND as you put it. The Athletic clubs goes further afield than just the rugby side of it.

Anyway, this is all pointless, we are talking about Merthyr RFC, not Cardiff, and there is an infrastructure big enough up here to sustain a region, luckily, not everyone I speak to down there are not as narrow minded as you, they do at least recognise we have electricity up here past the Vale.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
WTF, how/who, would hold a wedding in those places ? Yes you have a nice few boxes, but those function rooms cannot hold a gathering, never mind a big [color=#536482]corporate event.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/armspark/weddings.php

Somebody disagrees with you.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 pm

Also Phil, i would class Bedwas as part of the Gwent Valleys, alomg with Maesycwmmer, good old fashioned coal mining towns in the Gwent Valleys, and not in Cardiff. 

So there goes to show, there are things happening outside of Cardiff.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:01 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
WTF, how/who, would hold a wedding in those places ? Yes you have a nice few boxes, but those function rooms cannot hold a gathering, never mind a big [color=#536482]corporate event.

http://www.cardiffblues.com/armspark/weddings.php

Somebody disagrees with you.

That is the clubhouse, NOT THE GROUND. Doh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Because you are trying to make out that Cardiff Blues are the full owners of everything down there, they do not own the ground and the facilities so how could they stand to make massive profits from them ALL YEAR ROUND as you put it. The Athletic clubs goes further afield than just the rugby side of it.

Anyway, this is all pointless, we are talking about Merthyr RFC, not Cardiff, and there is an infrastructure big enough up here to sustain a region, luckily, not everyone I speak to down there are not as narrow minded as you, they do at least recognise we have electricity up here past the Vale.

The lease on the ground allows all income generated to go to Cardiff Blues ltd, formerly known as Cardiff Rugby Football Club Limited. It's pretty common in leases, you know.

A rent is paid to CAC by CB Ltd and all income from the ground goes to CB Ltd, from the car park fee to the pint you buy over the bar.

Up above, YOU noted that Sir Stan will have to pay out a huge fee himself every year. Now, however, you're claiming the infrastructure is big enough. You seem to have just contradicted yourself.

Do you have a link to the planning application for turning Merthyr's facility in to a 10k plus stadium?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:03 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

The clubhouse is in the ground, Champ. Don't we all know that?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:04 pm

I quite like Cardiff rugby club although the beer is crap and bar staff's ability to serve people in a quick "matchday" fashion is pretty non-existent even when it was only a bunch of Ponty supporters on the day after boxing day match. Plus they hid all the champagne and prawn sandwiches from us. We are not sophisticated enough to appreciate such fine food and alcohol anyway I guess

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:07 pm

PhilBB wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

The clubhouse is in the ground, Champ. Don't we all know that?

You were comparing PYS, and other stadiums, so please do move your goal posts, you are trying to convince me on a technicality, the Athletic club and the Arms park are two different venues, they are just next door to each other.

If you had said the club house before hand I would have inclined to agree with you, even though it is a tiny old poke of a club, but you were referring to stadiums and what they could offer all year around.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilBB Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:11 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
You were comparing PYS, and other stadiums, so please do move your goal posts, you are trying to convince me on a technicality, the Athletic club and the Arms park are two different venues, they are just next door to each other.

If you had said the club house before hand I would have inclined to agree with you, even though it is a tiny old poke of a club, but you were referring to stadiums and what they could offer all year around.

No, the Arms Park and Athletic Club are the same venue.

The Clubhouse is part of the stadium. It generates income on non-match days. You can even drop by for a coffee or a pint right now, if you wanted to.

So why are you mentioning goal posts?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next