The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST

5 posters

Go down

Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:14 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST SOMERSET AT TAUNTON ON FRIDAY.
Steven Davies is unavailable for selection after injuring his hand whilst fielding in the LV=County Championship game against Leicestershire. Sad 17 year old Surrey Academy all rounder Sam Curran is named in a NatWest T20 Blast squad for the first time. Smile
The Surrey squad to play Somerset at Taunton in the NatWest T20 on Friday 12th June:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Moises Henriques
Aneesh Kapil
Azhar Mahmood
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
2 new openers needed Erm
hard to call the two to miss out so over to you guys Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 11 Jun 2015, 5:25 pm

Curran the younger and Kapil to miss oot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: Surrey vs Somerset NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:07 am

Pretty sure Kapil will play. Kid Curran (probably mainly there this time to get a feel of being around the firsts) to miss out imo. Maybe Dunn as well although that makes the choice of number 11 as hard as who opens!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 12 Jun 2015, 2:54 pm

Fair chance this one will be completely rained off if BBC forecast accurate.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:27 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Fair chance this one will be completely rained off if BBC forecast accurate.
clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri 12 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm

Although I detest the part of my brain that uses this logic, the rain could have saved us from a tough evening there with a few key players missing.

Match abandoned without a ball being played.

It would have been interesting to see the line-up and batting order though that's for sure. Would Foakes or Wilson have opened? Or maybe both with Third Degree in the middle?

1.Burns or Ansari
2.Wilson
3.Sanga
4.Mahmood
5.Foakes
6.Ansari or Burns
7.Henriques
8.Kapil
9.Burke or Dunn - order would need to reshuffle again depending on which!
10.Batty
11.Curran the slightly older

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 12 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm

Like Carlos, I am not too unhappy at playing away to Somerset a batter light being taken away by the rain....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat 13 Jun 2015, 8:29 am

king_carlos wrote:Although I detest the part of my brain that uses this logic, the rain could have saved us from a tough evening there with a few key players missing.

Hi Carlos - understandable thinking and probably right. That said, we've now only won one out of five. If that's not two out of six after tomorrow at Arundel, it's ''start the car'' time for this year's tournament.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down