The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+6
guildfordbat
king_carlos
kingdaveeagle
Good Golly I'm Olly
SimonofSurrey
jimbobgooner
10 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 20 Jun 2015, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AGAINST DERBYSHIRE IN DERBY STARTING ON SUNDAY.
South African Test batsman Dean Elgar will make his Championship debut having joined up with squad on Saturday. Tim Linley is named in the squad having returned from his loan spell with Sussex and Luke Fletcher returns as part of the loan agreement with Nottinghamshire. 17 year old Sam Curran is included in a Championship squad for the first time.
meaker and solanki pay the price for glamorgan OUCH
no idea why dunn isn't included
The Surrey squad to play Derbyshire at the 3aaa County Ground on Sunday 21st June, Monday 22nd June, Tuesday 23rd June and Wednesday 24thJune :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Dean Elgar
Luke Fletcher
Ben Foakes
Arun Harinath
Aneesh Kapil
Tim Linley
Dominic Sibley
Gary Wilson
depending on the wkt will batty step down if not younger curran and either kapil/burke to miss out
over to you chaps thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sun 21 Jun 2015, 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:14 pm

FLETCHER FOR PRIME MINISTER
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

Fletch now bowling his 10th over on the reel this morning. Good we're getting our money's worth out of his loan signing!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Fletch now bowling his 10th over on the reel this morning. Good we're getting our money's worth out of his loan signing!

He's not ours we can break him Laugh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:59 pm

Tommy C!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

Olly wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:Fletch now bowling his 10th over on the reel this morning. Good we're getting our money's worth out of his loan signing!

He's not ours we can break him Laugh

Laugh

Btw, well done earlier for not referring to the name of Fletch's fourth scalp. A fine is automatically imposed for any poster doing so and not using the words ''The One and Only'' in the same sentence! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:54 pm

Sorry to be thick guildfordbat, but what's the joke about Fletch's 4th victim's name?Sorry

Crucial couple of game-defining (possibly season-defining) sessions coming up. Will it be a re-run of Days 2/3 of the 'likely loss turned into a win' Leics game again - or the 'can't possibly lose from here but somehow did' Glam game?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:55 pm

Olly wrote:Tommy C!!

Guildford your last quip has stumped me I'm afraid
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:57 pm

PS 6th wicket down, but Durston still there and, at 23*, within just 124 of his career best Whistle

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

Olly - I hope you appreciate how lucky you are to be so young! Google ''The One and Only song''.Whistle

Simon - trust everyone understood and liked your quip - I did! Also trust you've seen my response to your ''Batty'' post. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:11 pm

Burke strikes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm

Hey JimBob - 2 bowling bonus points already for you - bet you like that! Very Happy

Please tell me you understand The One and Only reference. I don't want to have to get Goochie out of a meeting!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:19 pm

Viscount!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:26 pm

clap clap clap 200 career first class wickets for the Viscount. Described on the cricinfo report as ''trusty warhorse''.

The campaign to get him a county cap continues.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:54 pm

178/9. A tremendous fight back. I do though think it's fair to politely ask - as we enter the 61st over with all our bowling having been done by seamers - whether we wouldn't have been better off with Batty's place going to a recognised batsman like Solanki. I doubt the wicket will ever turn into a spinner's paradise and, in any case, we have Ansari if some slow stuff is wanted for Derbys' second dig.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:57 pm

Burke getting some punishment

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:59 pm

20 so far for the last wkt give me strength

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:00 pm

Batting point for Derbys - guaranteed to upset JimBob!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:02 pm

Too right Sad

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:04 pm

Palladino's highest f c score is 106, Footitt's is 30. Just saying! Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:08 pm

Lead almost gone again

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:10 pm

Last wkt put on 30 lead only 32 now

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:15 pm

Woohoo. Derbys all out and we've got a tidy first innings lead of 70, ...erm sorry 60 - no, make that 32.

Memo for second innings (especially if it builds to a tight finish) he may come in at 9, but don't bowl short at the Italian Stallion - he'll smack it to, or over, the fence. Again and again. #stevefinnlegtheory Doh

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:16 pm

Only other gripe is the extras in a game this tight it's too many

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:25 pm

guildfordbat wrote:178/9. A tremendous fight back. I do though think it's fair to politely ask - as we enter the 61st over with all our bowling having been done by seamers - whether we wouldn't have been better off with Batty's place going to a recognised batsman like Solanki. I doubt the wicket will ever turn into a spinner's paradise and, in any case, we have Ansari if some slow stuff is wanted for Derbys' second dig.

Tbf Batty probably scored more runs than Solanki would've done anyways...... censored

Zaf plays out a maiden to start off #DIGINSON
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:38 pm

Zaf hits a boundary....maid!!! #hotflush
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:42 pm

Harinath bowled....a lead of 250 should be the aim on this green top
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:59 pm

Zaf now has 3 boundaries at a strike rate of 37.5 #nurse calmdowndear
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:16 pm

Olly wrote:Harinath bowled....a lead of 250 should be the aim on this green top

Understand that although 250 is the minimum aim for me. Being greedy - but not ridiculously so imo - we should look to score 268 so as to secure a lead of 300. Feel that gives me a better chance of not chewing off my finger nails!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:34 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Hey JimBob - 2 bowling bonus points already for you - bet you like that! Very Happy

Please tell me you understand The One and Only reference. I don't want to have to get Goochie out of a meeting!
thumbsup drumroll

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:47 pm

63/2 now, lead of 95. Zaf also gone. 22 overs still meant to be bowled in the day. Going to be a late one. Not sure if they continue after 7 o'clock.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:03 pm

And with that - off for bad light. From a Surrey viewpoint, probably best for play today to now end and start again in the morning.

Anyway, as always no guarantees applying but we seem to be edging it and certainly in a better position than this time yesterday. Effectively now a one innings game with us batting on a track that isn't brilliant and on 95/2 ... settle for that.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:08 pm

Struggling to keep up! They're back out again. 75/2 now, a lead of 107.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:26 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Think you may be mistaking your Chesneys.

Easy to do after all one is wimpy looking, blonde and last seen on Masterchef. The other is from the West Indies Wink

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:29 pm

What a farce of an afternoon - off for light, on for light, rinse and repeat.

Still if that is the end of the days play - an excellent second day for Surrey
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:32 pm

stumps 109 the lead 8 wkts left

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

]Think you may be mistaking your Chesneys.

Easy to do after all one is wimpy looking, blonde and last seen on Masterchef. The other is from the West Indies Wink

picard That was the point going back through several years of posts! Trust Goochie (that's the Surrey poster and not the former Essex and England opener) to go awol today! Laugh

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:36 pm

Chesney Hawkes - the one and only and Hamish Rutherford.

I'm struggling Guildford
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:47 pm

picard Godfathers - like trying to knit with air on here today!

Olly - Fletch's fourth scalp was The One and Only Chesney H. I'll explain further if necessary during the close season when we'll have seven months to make you understand! Alternatively, PM Goochie! Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:06 pm

Just returned from Scottish Borders where eldest offspring got hitched. Very Happy  

Pleased to see that our makeshift team is still in with a reasonable shout in this game. I fear that with this line up a Surrey batting collapse is never too far away...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:57 pm

corporal, our shared pessimism this morning has quite unexpectedly turned out to be not entirely correct..still plenty of time for this to change...

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 23 Jun 2015, 9:17 am

If you're a glass half full type of bloke, you could say today is an important - and potentially exciting - one for the likes of Sibley and Foakes. Once our walking wounded at the top of the order return, there could be be healthy competition for the top 6. In addition to the much anticipated return of Third Degree and Interesting, it would be nice to see others from this match put their names forward with good scores.

And, of course, big scores from any of the current line up in this game also would give us a better chance of a crucial win!

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:31 am

Poor Guildford! I understood the reference perfectly!
Great bowling spell by Norman Stanley and it looks like Norah is in for his batting
Here's hoping 'Edward' can compose himself (groan!), pick up the baton (!) and score (!) a classical(!) match winning innings today

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:34 am

Following on from Simon's post, day 3 is sometimes referred to as 'moving day'. It should be mighty interesting to see where we end up tonight.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:37 am

thegooch7 wrote:Poor Guildford! I understood the reference perfectly!
Great bowling spell by Norman Stanley and it looks like Norah is in for his batting
Here's hoping 'Edward' can compose himself (groan!), pick up the baton (!) and score (!) a classical(!) match winning innings today

Brilliant post, Goochie. clap Thanks so much. It felt like I was bowling uphill into a force 10 most of yesterday!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:41 am

Well, those of us who were trying to tease you back felt the same.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Jun 2015, 10:52 am

I'm not convinced all posters fell into that category! Anyway, a potentially crucial day for our season and far too important to be educating others about one hit wonders of the 1990s! Now let Churchy take the microphone ...

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:13 am

I bet you saw the film it came from Run

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:14 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:Harinath bowled....a lead of 250 should be the aim on this green top

Understand that although 250 is the minimum aim for me. Being greedy - but not ridiculously so imo - agreed.we should look to score 268 so as to secure a lead of 300. Feel that gives me a better chance of not chewing off my finger nails!

Reckon Churchy's reading this! He's just said a 250 'target 'will be tricky in these conditions' but that we should still be looking to set 300. The Radio Derby commentator Iain O'Brien (ex Middlesex and New Zealand cricketer) agreed.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:16 am

SimonofSurrey wrote:If you're a glass half full type of bloke, you could say today is an important - and potentially exciting - one for the likes of Sibley and Foakes. Once our walking wounded at the top of the order return, there could be be healthy competition for the top 6. In addition to the much anticipated return of Third Degree and Interesting, it would be nice to see others from this match put their names forward with good scores.

And, of course, big scores from any of the current line up in this game also would give us a better chance of a crucial win!

Sibley/Foakes are now at the crease in a crucial stage of the game. I mentioned earlier in the thread how they need to start producing in potential, and Simon too. Prove us right young uns!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Jun 2015, 11:21 am

Only just realised that is Ben Foakes, former England U19 and Lions keeper, now at the wicket for you guys. Any chance of him keeping for you guys?

Plus how many keepers (former or current) have played for you this season? Four?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next