The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept

+7
BoxingFan88
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
BallchinianMuffwig
Rowley
mobilemaster8
Strongback
11 posters

Go down

Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept Empty Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept

Post by Strongback Sat 20 Jun 2015, 8:52 pm

Andy Lee has confirmed the fight is on. It's in Thomand Park home of Munster Rugby.

Good fight and a pick em although Lee's experience should pull him through. It should be a decent pay day for both men.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept Empty Re: Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 20 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm

Andy Lee stops him between 6-8 I reckons. He just holds a stick of dynamite in his left which Saunders will probably get smashed in the face with at some point when he starts to fade.

Good fight though

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept Empty Re: Andy Lee v Billy Joe Saunders - Stadium Fight Limerick - 19 Sept

Post by Rowley Sat 20 Jun 2015, 9:54 pm

agree MM, good fight. Lee appears to be on a run where everything he hits he stops. However Saunders has taken five unbeaten records on the bounce, might be time to start taking him seriously. Does not appear to do anyone thing brilliantly, but seems to always find a way to win.

Good fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 20 Jun 2015, 10:46 pm

I'd call Saunders' jab, ring IQ, and footwork close to brilliant Rowley, but agreed good in all other areas though not spectacular.

Particularly ring IQ, Eubank Jr probably didn't mean to "start slowly" he just didn't know what to do when Saunders was basically being too clever for him.

Seen Lee being out-boxed before, if Saunders can take his punch and has improved further on his conditioning I give him a good chance of winning by decision

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 20 Jun 2015, 11:22 pm

BJS big fan....

Beats Lee W12..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 21 Jun 2015, 1:34 am

Interesting fight. Bjs doesnt have the power to win inside the distance but I can see him rackin up the first 6/7 rounds. The thing is tho he falls apart towards the end and in the second half he will defo get one of lees bombs. Bjs has shown so far to have a decent chin but looks hurt at times. At the end of the eubank jr fight he was staggered numerous times. Thing is, Lee is a different kettle of fish and if bjs get staggered then he will find himself in a situation wer he has never been because Andy will decapitate him. This fight all boils down to whether bjs can stick to his boxing for the full 12. If he does then he wins on points. If not then hes gonna get pancaked late
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 21 Jun 2015, 10:06 am

Might be in the minority here, but I think Lee will stop him, probably an easier fight than some people expect.

Lee has been at the highest level for a few fights now and also was fighting good opponents when he was fighting out of the USA. Billy Joe hasn't been anywhere near that level and I think it will show.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:32 pm

Cracking fight and venue - might even pop over for this one!

It's BJS on points or Lee late stoppage......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:45 pm

It's a great fight..............

BJS on points..............But it's close to pickem....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 22 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm

Saunders is the far better boxer of the pair but as the Eubank fight showed he does wilt down the stretch so going to go for a mid to late Lee stoppage.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 23 Jun 2015, 3:30 pm

Andy Lee win for me, Saunders doesn't seem to a big middle and I think Lee will catch up with him in the end, BJS may win a few rounds but Lee eventually gets to him.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 23 Jun 2015, 4:28 pm

I saw Andy Lee at the Ireland v Scotland game a few weeks ago and he is quite tall, almost as tall as me. He's pretty slender, looked in good nick though.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:01 pm

Saunders to be well ahead by halfway, then a big Lee left hook will end the fight sudden and brutally.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 24 Jun 2015, 6:04 pm

Everyone seems to be giving Lee a short window to land something later in the fight....

People forget that come the later part of the fight Lee will be tired too...

Great fight....bJS points !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down