The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast

+17
BoxingFan88
ShahenshahG
jimdig
Rowley
Strongback
Steffan
milkyboy
superflyweight
JabMachineMK2
Dipper Brown
AdamT
Derbymanc
RanjitPatel
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
kingraf
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast  Empty Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:00 am

So, a couple of days ago, Andre Ward basically said Golovkin and his team are actively avoiding him, and that he hasn't fought anybody. In reply, Golovkin apparently said this (I use apparently because I can't speak a lick of Russian, and can only assume the translation is true)

"Hey, Ward, wake up! Why are you talking
trash about other people? Speak for yourself.
If you're trying to make a name for yourself
by mentioning me to build up your own fight,
then be a man about it and tell the truth. At
our meeting with HBO they asked us whether
we are ready to box. You know our answers -
I said yes, you said no. You said something
about your shoulder or promoter - I'm not
interested in the reason, I only heard your
"no." But you remember that HBO said then
that they would need a long time to build-up
the fight. Then what the Frak are you talking
about excuses?"
"If you do provocative attacks, do not even
think that Loeffler [Gennady's K2 promoter]
will buy into them. You haven't been
interesting to anyone for a long time, so he
will no longer engage in the promotion of
your name. Go and build your own image.
Although everyone already knows what you
are, and because of this, they do not go to
your fights."
"You shouldn't worry about who I'm going to
box or have boxed. You, like the rest, were
lucky with the "Super Six" tournament because
you got your opponents by contract. And who
are you fighting now? The fourth-fifth ranked
fighters in England...If I say that I'm ready to
box any middleweight and ready to rise to 168
for a big fight, then I am responsible for the
words. And I have nothing left to discuss with
you. As a man, you are dead to me."

http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/6/16/8788845/gennady-golovkin-blasts-andre-ward
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast  Empty Re: Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast

Post by Lance Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:52 am

Poor Golovkin, cant get an opponent.

Could have said yes to Lara, Hopkins or Dirrell who have all reached out to him recently. But I think he has something lined up in Monaco for August.

Yes these guys are not ideal, but Sergio Mora did recently refuse the Monaco fight in order to take on Daniel Jacobs, so obviosly Golovkin might have to compromise.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast  Empty Re: Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:03 am

Our American-loving friend is having a pop at Ward............Not surprising after Manny pitched a near 5-1 shutout in the early rounds against Floyd..

Yep Ward is ducking him.............Add him to the list of great fighters scared stiff.

Poor old GGG.............

Five years of crap and yet poor old Quiggy gets murdered on here for one year of crap..

British - All about hating their own and being jealous of the US ........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:27 am

Post Super Six, Ward has fought Dawson (at 168... a weight Dawson last fought in 2003-4), Rodriguez, and uh.... Smith... Doesn't seem particularly fussed about challenging fights when they aren't contracted.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:31 am

Been there done it and got the T-shirt mate has Andre..

In the last five years he's beat Froch, Abraham and Bika.......All went on to win titles...

Who has GG beat in 5 years ?? or ever....

Run along with your American hating..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:37 am

I don't hate Ward... I don't even hate Americans. Just you, and that's less because you're American, and more because you're an uneducated moron who quotes Facebook group stats as facts.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:40 am

5-1 ............Manny..

Wish I went to your school.... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:44 am

According to Ward....He went up to GGG's manager and said what's all this ducking crap you keep posting about me on the internet....

Said he dropped his head and looked sheepish............

No one is bothering writing articles about that little tete-a-tete...and why should they !!

But we don't want to get in the way of the 606 GGG PR machine..

End of the day records don't lie...............He's fought diddly squat...and If he was a Brit or American our friend who thinks every US cop is racist...

You're just like GerrySA mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

And? I'm not taking it back. Dan Rafael had it 4-2 Manny. Bad Left hook too.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:46 am

GGG never wrote that, not in a million years or maybe.

Ward is an enigma. All the talent and ability but boring as f**k to watch

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:49 am

Ward's quotes were in the article I read. GGG's gone a bit over the top here.

On a lighter note, you two seem to have started Monday morning with a bang.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:50 am

I'm pretty sure I posted the report from the Ferguson justice department? Or do you want it again?
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/03/04/us/ferguson-police-racial-discrimination.html

I didn't even need a South African paper...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

" According to the report, bias against
African-Americans was routine and
thorough, affecting “nearly every aspect
of Ferguson police and court
operations.” For blacks, the report
concluded, distrust and fear of the
police was well-founded."

Lol
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:51 am

So we've got both sides stating the other one is ducking, seems it's the way of boxing at the moment but hey ho.

Don't know why GGG is mentioning the super six as lucky as the participants didn't have to sign up, and whilst i'm not Wards biggest fan (personally, can't fault his skills) he has got the names on his ledger whilst GGG does not.

Whilst I don't doubt some people are avoiding the big hitter he could also be doing a bit more to get better opposition (can anyone make a case for monroe jr???)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 9:56 am

kingraf wrote:And? I'm not taking it back. Dan Rafael had it 4-2 Manny. Bad Left hook too.

They've had the p**s taken out of them and even they didn't have it 5-1..... Cool

End of the day mate...............Ward is a great, proven fighter................It's a low blow to hammer him for his opposition..........whilst exulting a guy who is unproven and hasn't fought anybody in 5 years...

It is an American thing and you know it !!....and it's okay !!.

I don't much care for South Africans so it's not a problem.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

I didn't criticise Ward's opposition... In fact, my point about his opponent post Super Six wasn't even a knock on him. It was more proof about the difficulty in getting good fights if you aren't a draw, or don't have a way of getting everyone to fight you. I like Ward, but his opponents either side of the Super Six has hardly been inspiring, which supports my assertion.

Your problem is you don't like hearing anything bad about America or Americans... understandable, I suppose, given the fact that you're probably homesick, and there is no shortage of bad deeds done by the States. Creates unnecessary hostility
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:16 am

I've had plenty to say about my own Country mate..........

If anyone wants to lambast this useless, lame PR man we've got running it... it's fine by me...!!!.

Anyway perhaps I've been over the top...................I just don't like great fighters who've proved themselves... being constantly lambasted at the expense of a guy who hasn't proven himself or fought the fighters they have..

GGG is the boy who cried wolf !!.........

No other fighter in history has struggled to get a name in 5 years If they,ve wanted one...

He earns big money for stiffs..lest we forget.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:19 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I've had plenty to say about my own Country mate..........

If anyone wants to lambast this useless, lame PR man we've got running it... it's fine by me...!!!.

Anyway perhaps I've been over the top...................I just don't like great fighters who've proved themselves... being constantly lambasted at the expense of a guy who hasn't proven himself or fought the fighters they have..

GGG is the boy who cried wolf !!.........

No other fighter in history has struggled to get a name in 5 years If they,ve wanted one...

He earns big money for stiffs..lest we forget.

Agree with you're stance on Ward Truss he has proven himself no matter how boring he is.

As for you're above comment Sugar Ray Robinson went 6 years before getting a title shot.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:21 am

Talking about names..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 22 Jun 2015, 10:43 am

I think Ward wins really easily. GGG has punch power but no good if he can't hit anyone.

Ward would smother his attack and imo could bully him inside being the bigger guy. Obviously he would box his head off on the outside too.

If GGG is smart he should stay away from Ward. He is getting a good name as an indestructible machine. If he fights Ward, he will lose a lopsided decision and his stock will drop, big style!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

I think there's a market for GGG blasting out nearly men. His cartoon power is his unique (ish) selling point. I think we'll see him dragging his feet for a little while longer and if I'm honest, I don't anyone is as frustrated as they make out about it.

GGG makes the most noise about Cotto but he's called out Ward, Froch, Canelo, Lemieux and Floyd in the last few weeks. The lack of focus on one competitor makes me wonder if he's as desperate for the big name as he makes out. Maybe just enjoying the aura of the avoided monster a bit.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:20 pm

Maybe he's happy fighting who he's fighting knowing that to get a big name fight, with good money attached, he'll have to move up. He can make a good career money wise just fighting the middleweights that he's clearly better than and call out some names from time to time without actually moving division.

Everything for him seems to hinge on the cotto v canelo fight winner fighting him. Either way it will be at a catchweight and, if it's cotto, it'll likely be at something crazy that Golovkin will struggle to make. Either way, the winner of that fight is likely to want another fight in between matching Golovkin so he'll be waiting for some time. Wouldn't be surprised if Cotto vacated after Canelo and one more though.

Time to move up for me.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:British - All about hating their own and being jealous of the US ........

One of the most sweeping statements made on these forums.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:28 pm

In fairness to 606 I have noticed a bit of a hardening raspberry in opinion to GGG's "boy who cried wolf" antics over the last couple of months.....

Of course you'll always get the odd t1t who say's things like "Murray (10/1) is a great win..... but May-Manny isn't because Manny is a 3/1 underdog !!".....

Jabby my pm box from the mods is full already..............Let's not go there !!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:36 pm

Your normal bullslop hasn't changed I see Truss, thought by now the wife would have alleviated your sexual frustrations at least once.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:38 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Your normal bullslop hasn't changed I see Truss, thought by now the wife would have alleviated your sexual frustrations at least once.

NOBODY can satisfy the sexual beast that is TRUSSMANS............

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 22 Jun 2015, 12:40 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:Your normal bullslop hasn't changed I see Truss, thought by now the wife would have alleviated your sexual frustrations at least once.

and he's speaking from experience.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:00 pm

Whilst at the same time implying he'd like another go at testing the theory.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:11 pm

That's not nice.......and here is me thinking it's nice to see you back !!

Always enjoyed your threads..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:12 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

You're my favorite alias.............Boring Milky is my least favorite...

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's not nice.......and here is me thinking it's nice to see you back !!

Lets not go totally overboard with the lies mate. One is enough for the time being.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:27 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:That's not nice.......and here is me thinking it's nice to see you back !!

Lets not go totally overboard with the lies mate. One is enough for the time being.

Have you ever lied on here ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

You're my favorite alias.............Boring Milky is my least favorite...

Yeh, I can understand why I'm your least favourite... I guess it must get boring for you when your wife keeps asking for you to be me again every night.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have you ever lied on here ??

Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:41 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have you ever lied on here ??

Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record Broken Record

Crying or Very sad I've got a tear in my eye...My mate Jabby has grown up....

I've swapped three posts with him and not received a PM with the title... "A favour"... asking If I could please go easy on him !!.

Jabby I salute you !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:00 pm

You'll not get a rise out of me fat man. Every time it goes to the wire you pee your pants and start talking gobbledegook.

Interesting screenshot of my inbox. Can you do the same?

https://imgur.com/ZzaiiX8

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:09 pm

Thats exactlywhat I call a rise Jabby...

Leave it

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm

Ha, so once again Truss is allowed to do what he likes, tells huge porkies and everyone ignores it? Man I've missed this place. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:40 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:Ha, so once again Truss is allowed to do what he likes, tells huge porkies and everyone ignores it? Man I've missed this place. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast  3559488474 Golovkin basically puts Ward on Blast  3845856932

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 3:45 pm

Golovkin will spank the Yank. Hopefully a big fight in Vegas and not Wards local community centre

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 22 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm

Calzaghe retired. Ward is still fighting

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:30 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:You'll not get a rise out of me fat man. Every time it goes to the wire you pee your pants and start talking gobbledegook.

I've gotten messages asking me to take it easy on Truss.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:36 pm

Strongback wrote:
JabMachineMK2 wrote:You'll not get a rise out of me fat man. Every time it goes to the wire you pee your pants and start talking gobbledegook.

Management at the Oyster clearly don't want their staff covered in love-bites

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Management at the Oyster clearly don't want their staff covered in love-bites

That's a horrible image Dave. You always have to go one step too far!

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 5:52 pm

Strongback wrote:That's a horrible image Dave.   You always have to go one step too far!
Shame he doesn't go cliff walking more often

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:24 pm

Strongback wrote:

I can't complain about the village idiot..

Wouldn't be right !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 6:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

I can't complain about the village idiot..

Wouldn't be right !!.
Calm down Truss

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:20 pm

I love how Truss has completely sidestepped the fact I posted proof of his crawly bumlick approach behind closed doors. Two faced doesn't even begin to describe it.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:22 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I love how Truss has completely sidestepped the fact I posted proof of his crawly bumlick approach behind closed doors. Two faced doesn't even begin to describe it.
At least you have been lucky enough to get personal emails off him JM. I'm jealous

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 22 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm

Pah, I'll swap the fact that his hangers on have been giving me a hard time for years for never having any personal dealings with the idiot any day. I don't mind the ribbing from people, but outright lies and malice? I've said time and again he's a playground bully and its just tolerated here.

Anyway, enough of the woe is me attitude, ain't nobody got time fo dat.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next