The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

+3
guildfordbat
Good Golly I'm Olly
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by jimbobgooner Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:35 am

SURREY HAVE NAMED A THIRTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THE NATWEST T20 BLAST GAME AGAINST GLOUCESTERSHIRE AT THE KIA OVAL ON WEDNESDAY.
Kumar Sangakkara is named in the squad having returned from playing for Sri Lanka in their Test Series against Pakistan. Very Happy
Dominic Sibley,Vikram Solanki,Aneesh Kapil and Freddie van den Bergh and are all away playing for the second XI in a championship match against somerset.
steve davies,jade dernbach and chris tremlett are still on the treatment table.
as for stuart meaker Rolling Eyes
The Surrey squad to play Gloucestershire in the NatWest T20 Blast at the Kia Oval on Wednesday 1st July:
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Matthew Dunn
Ben Foakes
Tim Linley
Azhar Mahmood
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Gary Wilson
for me the viscount and ....erm too hard to call this
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:56 am

Viscount and Burns to miss out imo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST Empty Re: SURREY vs GLOUCESTERSHIRE NATWEST T20 BLAST

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:56 pm

Cheers, JimBob. Inclined to agree with Olly on the two to miss out although picking the t20 side always seems something of a lottery!

For those who don't have a wife who has commandeered the remote control for Wimbledon, the game is on Sky Sports! Smile I guess the Corporal will also be watching the tennis in protest at the Burger Van's omission. Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:50 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Cheers, JimBob. Inclined to agree with Olly on the two to miss out although picking the t20 side always seems something of a lottery!

For those who don't have a wife who has commandeered the remote control for Wimbledon, the game is on Sky Sports! Smile I guess the Corporal will also be watching the tennis in protest at the Burger Van's omission. Wink

It will probably be so hot at the match that you can cook your burgers without need of a van. Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:15 pm

Well done olly called it right
Gloucestershire win toss and bat

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:17 pm

Happy to see Curran opening the batting too - think his pinch hitting can take the pressure off Roy which will allow him to play longer innings
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:24 pm

At the ground look out for me on sky I'm the good looking one Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Great take Wilson

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:34 pm

Tom Curran's haircut. A disgrace.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:38 pm

Unless they get 40-50 odd off the last two Gloucestershire are well behind the par score here
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:49 pm

155 to win

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:47 pm

Surrey winning is handy here, their already out and it will stitch Gloustershire up!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:59 pm

Whoops

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm

YESSSSSSS what a win Azhar you beauty

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:24 pm

NEVER IN DOUBT - CORPORAL GET THE BAR OPEN
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Very handy indeed that.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:52 pm

Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly  Wow! That was a close call.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:41 pm

What happened - did Azhar hit the last ball of the match for 6 or something?

And why, in a league of 9 teams, does each side play 12 games, ie 1 1/2 against each opponent - how does that work?!? It's about as stupid a system as half the Scottish football leagues which also seem to have convoluted/odd numbers of fixtures.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:13 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Surrey winning is handy here, their already out
raspberry

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:24 am

Watched a tv recording last night (without knowing what had happened and failing to spot the allegedly good looking JimBob Wink ). Apart from the excitement of the last ball and Azhar wonderfully turning the clock back, thought it was all mainly pretty ordinary.

Gloucs failed to kick on with the bat and set an under par total. We only just managed to reach our target and more because of the wides gifted to us than the six hit.

The spinners from both sides did well - Smith should have got the Man of the Match - but the batsmen seemed too content to stroke it for singles. I haven't studied the individual run rates but would guess most are around 110. Sorry Olly but disappointed with Sanga last night - thought he should have been more commanding.

Not going to turn down a win but not convinced we've turned a corner in this year's tournament. That said, I'll be happy to eat my words after Middlesex tomorrow - we'll see!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down