The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2015-16 Championship Thread

+18
Galted
Atila
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
James_182
sportform
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
owen10ozzy
TopoftheChops
dyrewolfe
Nico the gman
Derbymanc
westisbest
Fernando
22 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

2015-16 Championship Thread  - Page 11 Empty 2015-16 Championship Thread

Post by Fernando Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

With Sky announcing their live games for the start of the Championship season i figured we could use a thread

Who do we think will head up and down this season?

August
Fri 7: Brighton & Hove Albion v Nottingham Forest (7.45pm)
Sat 8: Leeds United v Burnley (12.30pm)
Sun 9: Preston North End v Middlesbrough (12 noon)
Sun 16: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Hull City (12 noon)
Fri 21: Birmingham City v Derby County (7.45pm)
Sat 22: Leeds United v Sheffield Wednesday (12.30pm)
Fri 28: Blackburn Rovers v Bolton Wanderers (7.45pm)
Sat 29: Derby County v Leeds United (12.05pm)

September
Fri 11: Reading v Ipswich Town (8pm)
Sat 19: Nottingham Forest v Middlesbrough (12.30pm)
Fri 25: Fulham v Queen’s Park Rangers (7.45pm)

October
Fri 2 Oct: Rotherham United v Burnley (7.45pm)
Sat 3: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town (12.30pm)

*Other games may be added.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

2015-16 Championship Thread  - Page 11 Empty Re: 2015-16 Championship Thread

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:58 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:Unbelievable stuff!! Agreed Karanka has lost it.....we knew he was stubborn but this takes the absolute biscuit!! This will be no win in 6 with 5 defeats I believe. Our huge lack of creativity is killing us and it's even worse because he will not budge from this 4-5-1!! So so frustrated right now...if he doesn't change it soon (I mean within 1 game) then I'm afraid it won't matter as our confidence will be shot to pieces! I remember last time we were top at Xmas....Mowbray was in charge and we finished 16th!

Maybe in all competitions but league-wise its no win in 4. 2 draws and 2 defeats, which isn't quite so bad in the context of our overall season. Its also enough to put us top, though we now have the same number of games played as Hull, so no cushion.

Thats the positives. On the flip side, another game where we dominated possession and actually created enough chances to score 3-4 goals...yet it was down to another last-gasp equaliser to secure a point. Probably our best overall performance of the last 4 games...only the small but important matter of being able to stick the ball in the net was missing. Still not good enough if Boro are serious about getting promoted.

I'm also concerned at how easily we seem to be conceding goals too. Time was when our defence - and Dimi in particular - were a virtually impenetrable wall. Is it because of AKs revolving door policy with our starting line-ups? You would think, having been a world-class defender himself, Karanka would be able to sort that one out...then again a lot of us thought the same about Mowbray.
The problem is Dyre when was the last time we actually hammered anyone, Burnley put 5 past MK Dons, Bolton put 3 pat them and we scramble a point.

The QPR match won with a last minute penalty, QPR missed chance after chance (Austin injured thank god) Sheff Wed at home, Wednesday were unlucky not to get anything, Forest away under the cosh all 2nd half (Ayala, Dimi heroics), against Brentford 2nd best, stole a win (Dimi & Ayala once again saved us) Bristol City 2nd best whole of the game 1 shot on target, Forest at home never looked like scoring, Blackburn at home, Blackburn's poor finishing kept us in the game, Fulham at home everyone else had scored against them(most goals conceded) we couldn't break them down, this loss of form was starting long ago before the last 5 games, its just coming home to roost.
Our superb defence is the reason we are where we are.

Managers have worked us out there is no plan B, you just let Boro have plenty of possession, side ways, side ways back to the half way line, threat will come wide from Friend & Adomah( nothing creative in the centre so nothing to worry about there),close them down, frustrate Boro and they lose the plot.Karanka is predictable so get ready for a change about 70 to 75 minutes into the game, he wont change it before then too pig headed & arrogant to admit he's formation is wrong.
Karanka was a defender as a player and unfortunately thinks like one.

Rhodes is prolific in the Championship, we'll soon knock that out of him, time for Steve Gibson to have a quite word with Mr Karanka me thinks, before we have a bad case of Deja vu and play offs here we come.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:20 pm

You have to be hard to beat primarily in this division, with a goal scorer or two at the top of the pitch. The defense and central midfield tends to be packed with players that want to be compact rather than expressive with Boro I've found.

Not sure your attacking players are that great to be honest. Some names in there for sure, but they haven't lived up to the hype. Probably why Ramirez came also, a player who can creat the chances Rhodes needs. When we played you guys twice this season, both times you offered little as an attacking threat.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:26 pm

You say Karankas influenced by being a defender, they look more like a Mourinho team to me.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:56 pm

GSC wrote:You have to be hard to beat primarily in this division, with a goal scorer or two at the top of the pitch. The defense and central midfield tends to be packed with players that want to be compact rather than expressive with Boro I've found.

Not sure your attacking players are that great to be honest. Some names in there for sure, but they haven't lived up to the hype. Probably why Ramirez came also, a player who can creat the chances Rhodes needs. When we played you guys twice this season, both times you offered little as an attacking threat.
Your not wrong, Downing has had a below average season, Leadbitter offers nothing attacking wise, Clayton is a ball winner but a defensive midfielder, Adomah has bags of skill is right footed but Karanka prefers him on the left.

I always speak my mind and made a controversial statement just after Christmas, it was, if Eddie Howe was Boro manager with this squad and had the same backing from Steve Gibson we would have walked this league, he's mentality would have been to go out and batter everyone with attacking football.

Your right about the Mourinho comparison a lot have said it, it works better when you have Diego Costa, Hazard and Willian playing for you though, you summed us up pretty well GSC are you sure your not a Boro fan in disguise, only joking.

I just don't see Karanka changing his style to be honest, obsessed with 4-5-1.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:58 pm

4-5-1 gives you control of the game against 4-4-2 generally, but the frontman is reliant on midfielders running beyond him. Or he becomes isolated. Same issue Derby have at present, nobody running beyond Martin.

Not sure Boro had a player like that for most of the season, hence Ramirez.

Jose also won a PL with Drogba, pre Bayern Robben and Duff so it its not impossible. Those Chelsea teams had Lampard though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

In any case, its all about positioning yourself for the last 2 months of the season. Just have to be in and around the mix. Boro are top so not quite time to panic yet.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:01 pm

GSC wrote:4-5-1 gives you control of the game against 4-4-2 generally, but the frontman is reliant on midfielders running beyond him. Or he becomes isolated. Same issue Derby have at present, nobody running beyond Martin.

Not sure Boro had a player like that for most of the season, hence Ramirez.

Jose also won a PL with Drogba, pre Bayern Robben and Duff so it its not impossible. Those Chelsea teams had Lampard though.
I quite agree non of our midfielders do that, Scholes was quality at it, it takes an intelligent player and a touch of pace to anticipate, Ramirez is rated by Koeman and should be in from the off every game, always prefer a touch of class to a non productive work horse.

Not panicking yet, but its just the wheels came off this time last year, apart from an in form Forest team, Bristol City, Blackburn and MK Dons should have been routine wins.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:34 pm

Just to pile on Boltons nightmare season, Phil Gartside passes away from cancer.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:45 pm

GSC wrote:Just to pile on Boltons nightmare season, Phil Gartside passes away from cancer.
That's terrible news, the amount of names that have died of cancer in the last 2 months is unbelievable, most of them in their 60s.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:00 pm

Terrible loss, RIP

Bolton gonna be well up for our game on Saturday. Probably means a defeat then.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:08 pm

GSC wrote:You say Karankas influenced by being a defender, they look more like a Mourinho team to me.

Well, you know who AK worked as an assistant for, don't you? Wink

Aside from that, you and Nico are spot on. Our main problem (aside from the squad rotation thing) is we're simply too rigid and predictable.

Any football manager worth their salt can scout / watch videos and figure out a way to counter a particular formation or style. It makes sense therefore to develop your team so they are capable of playing 2-3 different formations, depending on the situation.

Its quite clear that most other teams have figured out AK's preferred style of play and its both baffling and annoying that he doesn't seem to think he needs a Plan B or C.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah that was where the comparison came from.

Mourinho won his first title with a large number of 1-0 wins
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Feeling a loss today, its just going too well
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm

Another important 3 points ahead of an incredibly tough game on Tuesday night away at Hull.

Going forward we were fine, however the defending wasn't good at all, that will need to be improved. Hopefully Greer will be available on Tuesday for a bit of experience.

Seeing Heskey score live though, what an absolute dream come true though. Season made.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:34 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Another important 3 points ahead of an incredibly tough game on Tuesday night away at Hull.

Going forward we were fine, however the defending wasn't good at all, that will need to be improved. Hopefully Greer will be available on Tuesday for a bit of experience.

Seeing Heskey score live though, what an absolute dream come true though. Season made.

Laugh Strange dreams you have Nick...nice to see you back though. You went a bit quiet during your sticky patch. Wink

Big game for us tonight at the hated Leeds. Their current form is ordinary to say the least, and Rhodes seems to have a thing for scoring against them...so lets hope he starts. With Hull beating Blackburn, 3 points is a must to keep up the pressure on them.

Then again, we managed to lose to Bristol, so anything is possible...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:31 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Another important 3 points ahead of an incredibly tough game on Tuesday night away at Hull.

Laugh Strange dreams you have Nick...nice to see you back though. You went a bit quiet during your sticky patch. Wink

Big game for us tonight at the hated Leeds. Their current form is ordinary to say the least, and Rhodes seems to have a thing for scoring against them...so lets hope he starts. With Hull beating Blackburn, 3 points is a must to keep up the pressure on them.

Then again, we managed to lose to Bristol, so anything is possible...
It was devastating news about Ali Brownlee, Dyre, legendary Boro commentator R.I.P

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:37 pm

Just heard about it myself...terrible news.

Not totally unexpected though as it was known he'd been ill for a while.

Still, I grew up listening to him and Bernie Slaven on the radio, when I wasn't able to go to matches. he was the voice of the Boro for me...probably many others too.

Rest In Peace Ali...a true Boro legend who will be hugely missed.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 pm

So so poor! No control of the game, leadbitter completely missing again. Rhodes must be wondering what he has signed himself up too. Awful awful showing from us and now Clayton (be nice to see someone else in midfield given he's been crap anyway) but more importantly Gibson now out for next few fixtures.

Failed to score again; I have to say I'm starting to think going up may not be a bad thing as the way we set out right now we would be ruthlessly exposed in the premiership.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:44 pm

Gotta say I agree Owen - if tonight is how you usually play I can see why you guys don't like Karanka - jesus you're drab as f*ck to watch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:45 pm

Agreed.

I think we were a bit hard done by when Rhodes' goal was disallowed as de Laet was given out of play when he crossed, but other than that it was an awful game.

We actually looked a lot better after Nugent and Adomah came on. We at least pushed forward more and tried to create more chances, but they were generally far too scrappy and rarely looked like finding the back of the net.

Daft sending off for Gibson meant we were hanging on for the final few minutes. Couple of great saves by Dimi to earn us a point.

Think the best part of the game was the fans' Ali Brownlee chants.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:27 pm

Boro are trying to copy Derby, in not getting promoted. Stupid with the amount of money spent.

If we can pull of the impossible and beat Hull tomorrow night, we go second. Crazy.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:30 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Agreed.

I think we were a bit hard done by when Rhodes' goal was disallowed as de Laet was given out of play when he crossed, but other than that it was an awful game.

We actually looked a lot better after Nugent and Adomah came on. We at least pushed forward more and tried to create more chances, but they were generally far too scrappy and rarely looked like finding the back of the net.

Daft sending off for Gibson meant we were hanging on for the final few minutes. Couple of great saves by Dimi to earn us a point.

Think the best part of the game was the fans' Ali Brownlee chants.

Shock horror.....when Karanka actually notices and thinks 'oh two up top is better than one' may be the day we start pushing on again. Until then I shall grin and bear as we slowly drift off this promotion push.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:35 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:So so poor! No control of the game, leadbitter completely missing again. Rhodes must be wondering what he has signed himself up too. Awful awful showing from us and now Clayton (be nice to see someone else in midfield given he's been crap anyway) but more importantly Gibson now out for next few fixtures.

Failed to score again; I have to say I'm starting to think going up may not be a bad thing as the way we set out right now we would be ruthlessly exposed in the premiership.
Leadbitter is getting his game on last seasons performances, he has been woeful this season, its awful to say but I was praying he would pick up a yellow last night so he got the 2 match ban. With Clayton banned, Karanka must be kicking himself he didn't sign another defensive midfielder, he may have to play someone who doesn't get a nosebleed when they get over the half way line.

Steve Agnew is Jordan Rhodes uncle, obviously Karanka hasn't consulted him as to Rhodes style of play, and the fact he plays well with a strike partner.

I said to the brother last night, we should have signed Usain Bolt as a lone striker, he could head the ball on and sprint after it, trust me it was said through gritted  teeth not as a joke, if there was a swear box I'd have been skint.

Karanka's negativity will blow this for us, Karanka happy with a point at both the high flying MK Dons and the mighty Leeds its absolute BS, stop trying to fool the fans it wont work.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:43 pm

Olly wrote:Gotta say I agree Owen - if tonight is how you usually play I can see why you guys don't like Karanka - jesus you're drab as f*ck to watch
Season ticket holder at the Boro, and yep Olly that's how we play, we try to grind results out, never hammer anyone, made a statement after Christmas that some Boro fans didn't like, that if Eddie Howe had been Boro manager with this squad and our chairman backing him, we would have walked this league.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:58 pm

What a great result for BHA tonight! But can't get carried away, another 2 very tough games within a week!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:05 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:What a great result for BHA tonight! But can't get carried away, another 2 very tough games within a week!
We'll settle for that, keeps us in 2nd place, Hull within shooting distance, and we have that game in hand, yes granted we have to win it, Cardiff at the Riverside next Tuesday.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:08 pm

Hmm. Cardiff, Leeds and Blackburn are the highest draw-getters in the league. Cardiff also have a narrowly positive GD, so I have to say I'm not overly hopeful about this one.

Everything about this fixture screams "scrappy, boring draw".
Hopefully, now I've said that, we'll be treated to an amazing goal-fest.

That said, recent history does seem to be on our side:

2014/2015 Tue 20 Jan Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City
2012/2013 Sat 02 Mar Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City
2011/2012 Sat 07 Apr Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Cardiff City
2010/2011 Sat 11 Dec Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Cardiff City
2009/2010 Sun 13 Dec Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Cardiff City

According to an unofficial fan site our head to head record is as follows:

Played (Home): 29
Won: 13
Drawn: 9
Lost: 6
Scored: 41
Conceded: 30

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:02 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Hmm. Cardiff, Leeds and Blackburn are the highest draw-getters in the league. Cardiff also have a narrowly positive GD, so I have to say I'm not overly hopeful about this one.

Everything about this fixture screams "scrappy, boring draw".
Hopefully, now I've said that, we'll be treated to an amazing goal-fest.

That said, recent history does seem to be on our side:

2014/2015 Tue 20 Jan Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City
2012/2013 Sat 02 Mar Middlesbrough 2 - 1 Cardiff City
2011/2012 Sat 07 Apr Middlesbrough 0 - 2 Cardiff City
2010/2011  Sat 11 Dec Middlesbrough 1 - 0 Cardiff City
2009/2010  Sun 13 Dec Middlesbrough 0 - 1 Cardiff City

According to an unofficial fan site our head to head record is as follows:

Played (Home): 29
Won: 13
Drawn: 9
Lost: 6
Scored: 41
Conceded: 30

No excuses, at the Riverside 3 points is a must, Cardiff are no great shakes, no wins in 5 games, so the lads have gone to Spain for a well earned break and training session Very Happy

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Reckon the crowd should bring vuvuzelas to the game and blow them whenever they think the game is boring / the team aren't trying hard enough. devil
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Well that just happened.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Imagine how much y'all would be whinging if you weren't promotion candidates.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:59 pm

So Brighton have cost me my accumulator already
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:34 pm

GSC wrote:Imagine how much y'all would be whinging if you weren't promotion candidates.

Speaking for myself, I would be far less bothered about our standard / style of play if we weren't promotion candidates (as long as we weren't relegation candidates).

Thing is, we are and with that comes certain expectations...especially when we have been playing good, attacking football and scoring pretty freely up until the end of last year.

We need to rediscover how to do that, both to keep our promotion push going and to give ourselves some belief that we could survive if we did go up.

If you could see how we're playing right now, you would understand.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Olly wrote:So Brighton have cost me my accumulator already

Poor old Nick...he's going to be inconsolable... Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:39 pm

We're in the bottom half of the table for goals scored. Y'all aren't.

We went on a 13 match unbeaten run to reach midtable. Y'all are on like a 6 match winless run to drop to 2nd.

You will forgive me for not buying the whinging when put in perspective.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Please stop saying y'all

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:03 pm

No.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:03 pm

GSC wrote:No.

Bloomin' redneck raspberry

2015-16 Championship Thread  - Page 11 36614-the-simpsons-cletus-the-slack-jawed-yokel
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:21 pm

GSC wrote:We're in the bottom half of the table for goals scored. Y'all aren't.

We went on a 13 match unbeaten run to reach midtable. Y'all are on like a 6 match winless run to drop to 2nd.

You will forgive me for not buying the whinging when put in perspective.
Perhaps you'd whinge if you'd spent millions on players, played poorly and failed to beat crap sides like MK Dons, Leeds and Bristol City and had 2 shots on target at home against Blackburn, or would you consider that to be acceptable.

With the spending comes the fans expectations.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:35 pm

It's great to see Preston win again and move up to 10th. A play off spot is not beyond them.

Come on North End! Fingers Crossed

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:42 pm

We're under a FFP embargo for a reason.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:35 pm

GSC wrote:We're under a FFP embargo for a reason.
Good Luck on Tuesday Fingers Crossed

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:42 pm

Reports Ipswich have been issued with a winding up petition

Always a good time to bring this up -https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SL8honNpOr0

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Olly wrote:Reports Ipswich have been issued with a winding up petition

Should have read the update today...its been dismissed. Wink

Ipswich Town tax case dismissed

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Olly wrote:Reports Ipswich have been issued with a winding up petition

Should have read the update today...its been dismissed. Wink

Ipswich Town tax case dismissed

Seems like an admin error...was very out of the blue!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Glad to hear it.

Good club Ipswich, dont want to see that.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:54 pm

WHAT A WIN!!!!

4-0 win away from home, goals from Murphy, Baldock, Hemed and Wilson. Lovely stuff

Only shame, the other sides around us won. Leeds on Monday night, it's on SKY so we will probably lose.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:09 pm

Excellent result for us, if we'd won 7-1 Cardiff couldn't have complained, should have been 4-1 up at half time, Rhodes missed 2 beauties, Leadbitter missed penalty 2nd half, but back to winning ways anyhow, so that will do us.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:47 pm

Nico the gman wrote:Excellent result for us, if we'd won 7-1 Cardiff couldn't have complained, should have been 4-1 up at half time, Rhodes missed 2 beauties, Leadbitter missed penalty 2nd half, but back to winning ways anyhow, so that will do us.

I was gobsmacked by our performance. Who were those guys in Boro shirts pretending to be us? Laugh

Seriously though, it was great to see us playing like we'd had done before Christmas. A bit annoying that we missed as many chances as we scored, but in the end the 3 points and positive performance are what matter. Nice tribute to Ali Brownlee from the fans too.

To echo what AK said, I hope we can go on another run to the end of the season and secure a top 2 place.

Also saw this on the BBC match report page:

2015-16 Championship Thread  - Page 11 _88422654_brownleesquadstat

How weird is that? Ramirez and Nugent's squad numbers (21 + 35) equal Brownlee's age.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:50 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Nico the gman wrote:Excellent result for us, if we'd won 7-1 Cardiff couldn't have complained, should have been 4-1 up at half time, Rhodes missed 2 beauties, Leadbitter missed penalty 2nd half, but back to winning ways anyhow, so that will do us.

I was gobsmacked by our performance. Who were those guys in Boro shirts pretending to be us? Laugh

Seriously though, it was great to see us playing like we'd had done before Christmas. A bit annoying that we missed as many chances as we scored, but in the end the 3 points and positive performance are what matter. Nice tribute to Ali Brownlee from the fans too.

To echo what AK said, I hope we can go on another run to the end of the season and secure a top 2 place.

Also saw this on the BBC match report page:

2015-16 Championship Thread  - Page 11 _88422654_brownleesquadstat

How weird is that? Ramirez and Nugent's squad numbers (21 + 35) equal Brownlee's age.
Its uncanny, Forshaw, Adomah,and Ramirez forward play was excellent.

Downing and Leadbitter ineffective again, getting their game on reputation certainly not form, either that or they're both fantastic in training, the fans are losing patience with them its not just my opinion.

Cracking win, Cardiff had been on form, we won well.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next