The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Results - Week 6

Go down

Results - Week 6 Empty Results - Week 6

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:25 pm

PSG v Man Citeh
Real Madrid v Juventus
Arsenal v Dortmund
Atletico Madrid v Chelsea
Barcelona v Bayern Munich

Those be your fixtures....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Results - Week 6 Empty Re: Results - Week 6

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm

PARIS ST GERMAIN vs MANCHESTER CITY

PSG Tactics:

Man City Tactics:

PSG Points:

- Like the defence you have Enigma, although Maxwell could be improve on. 
- Not sure about the midfield two - not a lot, if any creativity in that area of the pitch without Cabaye. Personally I think if you're playing Matuidi/Busquets you need them as a two behind somebody in the hole who is more creative.
- Big fan of the defensive tactics, no need to needlessly press in a 4-4-2 formation. Although it does invite pressure on.
- Your attacking tactics need work - think you need to place more emphasis on getting Ibrahimovic involved in the build up play - not just getting crosses into him. 
- Selection - as already said would've gone with Cabaye in CM, but other than that spot on. Maybe Lucas instead of Pedro, but it's pretty equal.

Man City Points:

- Restricted by injuries, but I'd look to improve on Mangala being your 3rd CB. Big big fan of you using Toure in the AM role, where I think he is most devastating. 
- Think I'd place more emphasis on getting Silva involved with the build up play - he is the real creator of your side. Maybe consider a diamond midfield, with Bale up top next game.
- Like the use of Martinez, think you've played to his strengths. 
- Like the tactics used against Ibrahimovic - that's how you get to him.

Final Score - PSG 0-1 Man City (Bale 46 mins)

Overall comment - This is a tight game, with PSG playing a good defensive gameplan. However I think they struggle badly in the middle of the park to just get a grip of the ball, to allow their 4 attacking players to be the outlet. Think Cavani/Ibrahimovic struggle to get into the game, feel feeding off crosses is a little bit of a waste of their talents. However think PSG are set out well in defence, and manage to restrict Man City to long shots with their deep line, however Bale manages to get one to swerve past the suspect Sirigu for the win. Neither sides subs effect the game, something they can both improve on in the future.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 9:56 pm

REAL MADRID VS JUVENTUS

Real Madrid Tactics:

Juve Tactics:

Real Madrid Points:

- Obviously you know, your front three is quite tasty. Like how you use the midfield three, think they really compliment each other lovely.
- My only issue with your team is right back - don't think Ivanovic has enough going forward as you instruct your FB's to do. Your keeper can also be improved on.
- I don't think you've used Aguero to the best of his powers. I think you'd be better off him coming in short, with Ronaldo/Hazard making penetrating runs off him, or behind him. If you're playing him on the last shoulder I think you need somebody in a specific AM role to force a CB out, giving him space to run into.
- If you're having wingers cut inside, play Ronaldo LW as his shot is more devastating than Hazards.

Juventus Points:

- It is hard to fully judge you this week, with the injuries you have received.
- I like the gameplan of using the pace out wide and in attack. I would however look to make more of Isco, think you have underused him here.

Final score - Real Madrid 2-1 Juventus (Ronaldo 45, Aguero 79 - Depay 12)

Overall Comment - I think this is a fascinating match up with the injuries Juventus have got this week. I think they play it really well, and start off the game with Depay causing Ivanovic issues ultimately ending in a goal. However it is dangerous to sit back against a team of such quality when it is Ronaldo against Evra, and Madrid get a goal before the half. Second half is much of the same, however Madrid make a match winning sub when they change to the 4-2-3-1 formation moving Iniesta into the AM position, allowing him to cause issues between the lines the 4-3-3 didn't. And it is from here, Iniesta creates the late winner for Aguero to tuck home. If Juve had all their injured players fit, I think this is a draw, and they nearly got one anyways, but Madrid just edged this one with their subtle change in the second half.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:14 pm

ARSENAL VS DORTMUND

Arsenal Tactics:

Dortmund Tactics:

Arsenal Points:

- The first thing that stands out to me Miky is the lack of instructions/a subs bench. This is an area your tactics can improve tenfold.
- I don't think you've made best use of Gotze. I understand you have three good midfielders, but I'd sacrifice one to get Gotze into an AM role where he is best.
- Considering Modric is injured, the midfield three is still damn sexy
- Think you need to make more of Alves going forward, he can be real a gamechanger in an more involved role. Ansaldi needs to be improved on.

Dortmund Points:

- Love the balance of your side, think you have a lot of players who compliment each other nicely.
- I'd look to improve on Motta and Jakub personally - think those should be areas you target
- Think you've got the tactics spot on - especially playing the wider man narrower.
- I'd be half tempted to play Zouma ahead of Pepe if you are looking for an enforcer CB against bigger strikers.

Final score - Arsenal 1-2 Dortmund (Turan 83 - Tevez 21, Oxlade Chamberlain 62)

Overall comment - I think Dortmund win this game with an excellent gameplan, which gets them on top of the Arsenal midfield by bringing the wider men in from the wings, allowing them to effectively press in the middle to win the ball back, and then the overload works nicely. I think Arsenal lack a little bit of direction in the full back area, and could make better use of Gotze. Obviously Modric is a big miss, especially on the ball. Arsenal also struggled to change the game from behind in the second half. Dortmund almost give it away by taking off Thiago for Bender, but just manage to hold on.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:26 pm

CHELSEA VS ATLETICO MADRID

Chelsea tactics:

Atletico Tactics:

Chelsea Points:

- Your starting XI makes me pants wet, however your bench really is not very good. Look to improve squad depth going forward.
- I'd look to make your overall attacking and defensive tactics a bit clearer, but like the individual ones.
- If I had one improvement for your side, I'd maybe try and get Muller involved more centrally where I think he is most effective and potent.

Atletico Points:

- I like the idea of dominating the middle, but not sure the 4-1-3-2 was the best way to go about it. I think you lack a link man between midfield and attack, especially if the idea is to win the ball with an overload. I'd have played Totti AM instead of Xavi CM.
- Like the defence a lot, with De Rossi in front providing good cover. Would look for a better striker than Giroud, but he is a good option off the bench.
- Think you need to make your overall gameplan clear.
- Do like your use of Griezmann, him buzzing in and around a striker is good.

Final score - Chelsea 2-1 Atletico (Lewandowski 55, Sanchez 57 - Jese 82)

Overall comment - Think this is a good game between two developing sides. Atletico's defence holds out well in the first half, with their midfield matching Chelsea's causing a stalemate. However in the second half their failure to use the ball properly comes back to haunt them in a devastating two minute spell when Chelsea penetrate. Atletico get themselves back into the game with some attacking substitutions, and Chelsea begin to tire however there extra quality sees them through this time.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 01 Jul 2015, 10:40 pm

BARCELONA VS BAYERN MUNICH

Barca Tactics:

Bayern Tactics:

Barca Points:

- I like the line up, although I'd start Ter Stegen ahead of Bravo myself.
- Luiz at DM is fine, but telling him to "don't use your positional sense" goes against everything a good DM is. They need to be in the right place at the right time to break up play.
- Certainly need to place more emphasis on Messi in your attacking tactics - he's the best player in the world!
- Love the energy of a Pogba/Rakitic midfield.

Bayern Points:

- Change of formation has thrown off your opponent which is handy
- I like Schweinsteiger/Alonso - but you need more legs in your CM than that, especially when only two of them in there.
- Think you've missed a trick not playing Ozil - although understand he was sacrificed in the formation
- Need to improve at LB/LWB next.

Final Score - Barcelona 1-2 Bayern Munich (Messi 51 - Costa 12, Reus 78)

Overall Comment: This is such an intriguing matchup to call, with Bayern for me just taking a narrow victory. Bayern start the game out strong, as Barca pre empt the wrong line up/formation meaning Robben/Reus have early success with David Luiz being dragged all over the shop. However as the first half progresses, Bayern begin to sit too deep and after the break Messi rips Felipe Luis and Koscielny a new one by waltzing through to score. The game continues in a Barca on top pattern until they make a weird substitution. Cuadrado is introduced at wing back, rather bizarrely with little instructions to Danilo/the defence as to what the new formation is. Barca lose rhythm, and Bayern are able to take advantage of Cuadrado as Reus goes past him for the late winner.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down