The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

+29
Danny_1982
YvonneT
laverfan
Belovedluckyboy
Josiah Maiestas
Calder106
TRuffin
Mad for Chelsea
alfie
LuvSports!
R!skysports
monty junior
kingraf
Haddie-nuff
kemet
barrystar
Aut0Gr4ph
temporary21
Guest82
CaledonianCraig
Duty281
HM Murdock
FedsFan
biugo
bogbrush
sirfredperry
prostaff85
Born Slippy
JuliusHMarx
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 3 Empty Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:19 pm

First topic message reminder :

Order of play
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22713811

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:10 pm

Gasquet plays well so far this tournament. He has good chances of going to the SF. He's the better player in the last lwo sets.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points - Page 3 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 9 - Anything is Pospisil. Maybe even a Cilic in time saves nine...match points

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:12 pm

Djokovic makes the final!
Or not.

Crushing for Gasket.

Last edited by bogbrush on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm

Gasquet breaks!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:13 pm

Gaquet keep your bottle Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:16 pm

Well, that's that. Wawrinka can be so mercurial.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:16 pm

Not yet!

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:18 pm

So much drama!

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:19 pm

Then again, if ever you're down match points or need a miracle it helps to be facing Gasquet
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:20 pm

True when you use too much choke you can blow a Gasquet

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:27 pm

Nerves of steel from Richard to come back from 0-30 in last service game

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:39 pm

Even if Stan scrapes through, I don't see his returning getting the job done against Novak. It's pretty average on grass. Shame, as I'd love to see him in the final.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:40 pm

Does Gasquet have OCD or really sweaty palms? Doesn't get much life out of those grips....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:41 pm

If Richard plays Novak he is going to have to play this good and then some
Stan most definitely wont get the chances that he got at the FO
so either way.. it should be interesting.

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:42 pm

Take that you bandy-legged Frenchie!

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:43 pm

If only I could play like a bandy legged Frenchie Rolling Eyes

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:46 pm

This full-blooded stuff from both men.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:46 pm

Gasquet has to be one of the shortest looking tall people in the world. He's all out of proportion. How can someone over 6 foot have such stubby legs?

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:48 pm

I was just about to post that Auto!! Lydian reckons he's got a long torso, I think he wears lifters.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

I don't know how much this will take out of either man, physically. They've hardly dug up their trenches, but I do think Djokovic will be pleased for two reasons

- Gasquet isn't beating him in a slam. Period.
- Wawrinka isn't playing well enough
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:50 pm

I don't know how much this will take out of either man, physically. They've hardly dug up their trenches, but I do think Djokovic will be pleased for two reasons

- Gasquet isn't beating him in a slam. Period.
- Wawrinka isn't playing well enough
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:52 pm

Aargh, Stan! You have to make that return. Gasquet escapes.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:53 pm

Reeshard-Bent but not broken in game#19 of the 5th.

And on we go

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:55 pm

Uh oh...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:55 pm

Big Uh oh
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:56 pm

Stan will save these.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:57 pm

Or not.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:57 pm

Wow well done gasquet. Especially after losing his serve before. What a win and what a perfect day for novak

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:57 pm

Man that's gotta hurt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

Well done to both a superb match clap

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:58 pm

Good win for Gasquet. clap Djokovic still has some work to do.

Wawrinka. Crying or Very sad

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Belovedluckyboy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:59 pm

Congrats Gasquet, well done! No more choking in the fifth set! Hope he does well in the SF.

Belovedluckyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:59 pm

Djokovic v Murray/Fed then.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by kemet Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:59 pm

I cannot think of anything that Richard can do that will topple Fortress Djokovic in the semifinal

Last edited by kemet on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

kemet

Back to top Go down

Post by YvonneT Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:00 pm

Didn't expect to get to see an of these quarters so happy that went to a long fifth.

Allez Richard!!!

Stunned he managed to get the win after being broken when serving for it.

(But why did Inverdale have to be commentating on one of the matches of the tournament - the man really is clueless! He was on Williams-Azarenka yesterday too and managed to mix up Azarenka and Kvitova more than once).

YvonneT

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:01 pm

Hats off to Gasquet. Would be harsh to say he bottled it when serving for it, but he did get a bit safe to let Stan back in. Showed real steel to hang in it mentally after that. Don't give him a prayer against Novak, but then I wouldn't have backed him to come through a 5 set thriller either, so who knows.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:01 pm

Bet socal is praying that a Fogniniiiiiiiiiii event doesn't occur!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:03 pm

Poor A-Rod. Gets to sit with Balding and Cash. Bet he won't come back next year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:05 pm

kingraf wrote:I was just about to post that Auto!! Lydian reckons he's got a long torso, I think he wears lifters.
What's doubly freaky is those are the exact two explanations I was pondering between. Spooky!

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:06 pm

Wimby 2day with roddick. Maybe this will be ok

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:07 pm

For what it's worth, my money's on the torso thing.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:10 pm

Best I've seen Gasquet play in a long time.

But Djokovic will be thrilled to be facing Gasquet rather than Stan.

The Murray v Federer match could be fantastic.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by biugo Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:17 pm

I'm rooting for Federer, but now I wish a Gasquet-Murray final!

In Winmby 2008 I think, Murray and Gasquet were the 2 upcoming tennis talents, both holding great expectations for their home nations. They met in R16 I think, where Gasquet got MPs in the 3rd set, only to lose in 5... From then on, Murray had the career he was promised while Gasquet kept having fights with his demons.

I want this Gasquet-Murray Final to end Gasquet's curse (with him winning) and fulfill what he's been told he would do since he was a little boy. Just for the story, and emotion, I would like it!

Otherwise, Federer taking #8

Last edited by biugo on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : thanks kr! :))

biugo

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:19 pm

In the third Test Biugo? Good thing for Murray Gasquet didn't play for the draw in the fourth and fifth sets Very Happy
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm

Do we already know the order of play for Friday?

I really hope it's Murray v Fed first as I'm out from about 5pm!

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:27 pm

Is it really true that Balding was once a jockey? I'd have thought she'd have scared the horses. That glassy stare sends shivers down my spine and I'm nowhere near as skittish as the average horse.

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:37 pm

That stare.. Sends chills down me

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:08 pm

Danny_1982 wrote:Do we already know the order of play for Friday?

I very much doubt that. Murray is always the second semi final probably to give the viewers a chance to rush back home after work and catch some of the match. Also, if its going to be baking hot, Murray will not want to play in the heat.

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm

Aut0Gr4ph wrote:Is it really true that Balding was once a jockey? I'd have thought she'd have scared the horses. That glassy stare sends shivers down my spine and I'm nowhere near as skittish as the average horse.

Yep she was a good amatuer jockey. Her father was a top trainer. Trained Derby winner Mill Reef

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:15 pm

Magnus Norman should give Stan a good shaking after that performance! Gasquet played really well but come on this is a two time slam champion! He should have dealt with this match better from the start and it should never have got to the 5th set.

Pity Stan lost as the top 4 seeds would have progressed for the first time in God knows how long and that would have meant 2 cracking semis to look forward to on Friday. Now its just the one! Mind you, we have been here before where we expect a cracking match and it turns out to be a major disappointment.

Federer has played well but how often has he played a brilliant tournament only to reach a semi or final and throw in a shocker? There is way more pressure on him going into this final as he is desperate for number 8 whereas Murray can see it just as a match. If Murray loses here he has next year but with Fed the clock is ticking. This best chance was last year when Novak was not playing so well. This time he has two strong opponents to get through and to do it back to back is very unlikely.

I hope I am wrong!

Last edited by FedsFan on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:15 pm

FedsFan wrote:
Danny_1982 wrote:Do we already know the order of play for Friday?

I very much doubt that. Murray is always the second semi final probably to give the viewers a chance to rush back home after work and catch some of the match. Also, if its going to be baking hot, Murray will not want to play in the heat.

I would think Federer Murray will be first. Gives Gasquet a bit more time to recover.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next