The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

+3
Dolphin Ziggler
Samo
Fernando
7 posters

Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Fernando Tue 14 Jul 2015, 9:57 am

Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar come out and Heyman lists Brock’s accomplishments, then Heyman talks about the destruction Brock will bring to Seth Rollins. He puts Brock over until Rollins cuts him off, and he says Lesnar didn’t accomplish anything by attacking an inanimate object. Rollins says they parade this Cadillac all around, but he is going to win when it counts and he will burn Suplex City to the ground.

Kane comes out and talks about how this match is best for business and Heyman mocks him, saying ‘Taker’s baby brother’ is threatening them. Heyman brings up beating the streak and says they could have a contract signing, because (sarcastically) nothing ever goes wrong with that. Heyman says nothing happens unless Rollins violates the commandments, and he will go to Suplex City.

Randy Orton & Ryback vs Sheamus & Big Show

Ryback hits Sheamus and sends him outside, then we get back from a break to see Orton punch Sheamus and clothesline him. Ryback slams Sheamus in the corner and stomps him, then he gets hit a few times before Sheamus gets sent outside. Orton slams Sheamus into the barricade before kicking him, but Sheamus counters a whip and hits a kneelift.

Sheamus knees him as we go to a break, then we get back to see Show stomp Orton while Sheamus holds him. Show taunts Orton and stomps him a few times, then Miz (at commentary) taunts Orton on the mic and tries to encourage the opposition. Show gets peed and chases him away, then Orton hits a RKO and Ryback splashes Sheamus for the win.

Winners – Randy Orton & Ryback

Seth Rollins and Kane are shown arguing about the contract signing, and Kane tells him not to worry about it. Kane says he has a plan and Rollins seems apprehensive, saying they are supposed to protect him and this seems like the opposite. Rollins says he hopes they aren’t going to provoke Brock Lesnar, but Kane says if he keeps this up it won’t end well for either of them.

Dean Ambrose vs Bray Wyatt

Bray makes his entrance but Roman Reigns surprises him from behind and starts hitting him, sending him all over the ringside area. Reigns hits a basement dropkick and slams him down, then tries to roll him in the ring but Bray hits him with his lantern and runs away.

Result – No Contest

The Bella Twins and Alicia Fox come to the ring and Nikki lists her accomplishments, talking about how she’s beaten everyone. Stephanie McMahon comes to the ring and says she owns WWE, not anyone else, and she says it’s time for a change in WWE. She talks about how strong women are changing sports, then Stephanie brings Paige to the ring. Nikki says Paige keeps failing, but Stephanie says Paige is trying to change, and she needs backup. Stephanie introduces Becky Lynch to the crowd, then says they are still outnumbered and welcomes Charlotte to the ring! Charlotte raises Paige and Becky’s arms, then Naomi and Tamina cut things off and Naomi says they still have problems with the Bellas. Stephanie says they have an answer for that, and she has another woman who will stand up and fight, and that’s Sasha Banks!

Sasha stands with Naomi and Tamina, Paige with Becky and Charlotte, and finally Team Bella. Stephanie says she wants to see who is taking the opportunity she gave them, and everyone starts brawling in different corners of the ring. Paige ends up putting Naomi in the PTO, then Tamina superkicks her before Sasha hits them with double knee strikes. Becky knocks her outside then Charlotte tackles Brie, and she puts her in the Figure 8 while Becky applies an armbar. Sasha rolls back in and applies the Bank Statement, and all of Team Bella is tapping out. They are throw from the ring, and Naomi, Tamina, Paige and the NXT Divas all celebrate as Stephanie watches on the stage.

Prime Time Players & Mark Henry vs The New Day

Titus connects with a few strikes and Young scores with a slam, then Henry hits a backbreaker and clears the ring. We get back from a break to see Henry connect with some clotheslines off of the tag, then Woods kicks him a few times and knees him in the head. Young breaks up the pin but Kofi hits him with Trouble In Paradise, then Titus kicks him and Big E hits a belly-to-belly throw. Woods kicks Henry and dives at him, but Henry counters with a World’s Strongest Slam for the win.

Winners – Prime Time Players & Mark Henry

R-Truth vs Bad News Barrett

Truth goes for a near fall before Wade elbows him a few times, then he sends him into the corner. Wade hits him a few times and charges at Truth, and gets caught with a Lie Detector for the win.

Winner – R-Truth

I think they’ve run this same match ten times in the past month. Absolutely no progression whatsoever. Truth is funny, but this is just beyond old already.

John Cena comes out for the United States Open Challenge, and Rusev cuts him off and says he is the best champion ever. He says he’d still be champion if it wasn’t for Lana, then Kevin Owens cuts them off and says Rusev needs to leave. Owens says he already said he is taking Cena’s title, no one else, then Cesaro comes out and makes his case. The three challengers fight each other, and Cena gets out of the way as we go to a break.

#1 Contender’s Match (United States Championship)
Kevin Owens vs Rusev vs Cesaro

Owens and Rusev hit their own respective cannonballs in the corner, then Cesaro blocks a senton with his knees. He kicks Rusev, then Rusev connects with a swinging side suplex before Owens goes for a superplex. Cesaro slams them down then Owens comes back with a tornado DDT for two, and Rusev splashes them to break it up then punches Owens a few times. We get a few more near falls before Owens goes for a powerbomb, then Rusev counters with an Alabama Slam and stomps his back.

Rusev applies the Accolade as he stares Cena down, then Cesaro deadlifts Rusev and suplexes him. Owens slaps both opponents in the face and screams that Cena is his, then they both beat him down and Rusev clotheslines him outside. Rusev slams Cesaro down and Owens walks out as we go to a break, then we get back to see Rusev suplex Cesaro on the side of the apron. Rusev hits him a few times and tries to go up top, but Cesaro stuns him and tries to suplex him.

Rusev shoves him but Cesaro avoids the splash and applies a crossface, then Rusev deadlifts him and slams him down. He goes for the Accolade but Cesaro counters with the Cesaro Swing, then he rolls through and applies a Sharpshooter. Rusev pulls himself to the ropes, but Michael Cole notes there are no rope breaks in a triple threat match, so Rusev crawls out of the ring to get away. Cesaro splashes him and rolls him in, then heads up top, but Rusev throws him and hits a superkick for the win.

Winner – Rusev

United States Championship
Rusev vs John Cena (c)

Cena hits Rusev a few times and looks to take it easy on Rusev, then starts to attack more as Rusev fights back. Cena goes for an Attitude Adjustment but Rusev counters with some kicks and then goes for the Accolade. Kevin Owens runs out and powerbombs them both, and screams at Cena that he’s the only one taking the title.

Result – No Contest

Stardust cuts a promo about the world needing heroes, but he asks what exactly IS a hero? He says Neville may be forgetten by gravity, but he will come crashing down just like all the heroes, and a new star will be born.

Stardust vs Neville

Stardust kicks Neville a few times before Neville knocks him down, then he hits him a few times and heads up top. Stardust knocks him back and comes back with a diving side slam (Side Effect) and some knees to the back. Neville comes back with some forearm shots, then they trade a few fall attempts before Stardust rolls through and hooks the tights for the win.

Winner – Stardust

Seth Rollins comes out and says he is sick of seeing the footage of Brock Lesnar destroying the car, and he’ll remind them of what he can do. He plays a clip of The Authority beating Lesnar down, and says he will burn Suplex City to the ground. Brock and Heyman walk out and they all sit, and Heyman says everyone has wanted Rollins to get his ass kicked for a long time. Heyman says from the day he screwed the Shield over, Rollins has had it coming, and he is going to get beat up very badly, including that trip to Suplex City. Heyman says the reign is over on Sunday, and Brock signs and Rollins starts to say he knows what’s up.

Brock kicks the table over and pulls an axe handle out, then puts it back on the table and dares Rollins to take it back. Rollins reluctantly gets it and smirks, then Brock slams the whole table in Rollins’ face and tackles Kane in the corner. Brock hits a few suplexes and sends Kane outside, then Rollins dives at him and Brock catches him. Kane kicks Brock from behind, then Rollins joins in and they stomp him near the barricade. Brock fights back and lands an F-5, then Rollins runs for it as Brock slams the ring steps on Kane’s ankle.

Brock sees the WWE title in the ring, and raises it in the air as Rollins stares on from the crowd. Brock leaves, and Rollins returns and trashes the stuff in the ring. He says he took the title from Lesnar because he is better, and he will prove himself again this Sunday. Rollins says he knows Brock is a man with a pulse, and he will cut him down and slay the beat himself. Rollins sees Kane being assisted by EMT’s, and screams that this plan was a failure, just like Kane is. Rollins says Kane is a never was and this is all on him, then he stomps Kane’s ankle and leaves.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Raw Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Samo Tue 14 Jul 2015, 12:23 pm

A very good go home show leading into a PPV. When it was good it was very good, and there were some pretty bad lows aswell.

In typical WWE style, the bring up the NXT women and somehow still make it a mess. Dont know why Banks would be with Naomi and Tamina other than shes a heel. I was still happy as Frak to see them all, and almost glued my boxers to my leg to see the three NXT alumni slap on the submissions to end the segment.

Heyman was gold all night.

Rusev vs Owens vs Cesaro was a great match and Owens got good heat again. Rusev doesnt look like he's missed a beat.

Good to see Stardust back and he delivered a very old school promo against Neville, but I feel it was at the wrong time of the feud. Its the kind of promo you deliver to explain why you attacked him or cost him a match, but nobodies perfect.

Its still an hour too long though. As good as it was it really starts to take its toll toward the end.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 14 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

Really good show. Cesaro was fantastic, and I think the little aerial moves he showed off Monday are another huge step to getting him up there as a top face. If he keeps the intensity (with the towel a nice touch) then he will start moving up and up the card. 

That match was fantastic, three fantastic performers, and whilst Rusev isnt an indy darling he showed himself to be a fantastic talent too. Cesaro was amazing. You could not call a winner, I was just sure it wasnt Owens. But you didnt want any of those three to take a fall, however I think Cesaro was the star so it kinda made sense for him to get beaten as he's also had the two matches with Cena. People will only remember Cesaro from that match so he got the rub he needed.

My two qualms:

Why does Stephanie McMahon have to have the HHH disease of cheer desperation. You're a heel, you shouldnt be giving the fans the thing they are desperate for. I actually liked the teamings and think they made sense. The three with Paige have the same attitude, Banks suits Naomi and Tamina's attitudes. Theres another noticeable similarity between those three though, but WWE wouldnt ever pay attention to something like that!

Stardust. I like the character a little, but no one wants to boo Cody Rhodes right now. They don't really want to boo him anyway, hes as liked as anyone on the roster, but his first appearance back after Dusty's death saw people desperate to cheer him. They were so conflicted when he entered, and it just came across as no reaction.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 14 Jul 2015, 8:42 pm

Good go home show. 

The best parts
The Divas Segment. 2 months late mind. 
Cessaro, Rusev and Kevin Owens. 
The end segment
Paul Heyman. 

Bad Parts
Stardust. What on earth are WWE doing, absolute nonsense. 
King Barrett being a waste of space. Bloke deserves a lot better.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 14 Jul 2015, 11:47 pm

Has Stephanie ever put anyone over other than herself? Vile, vile woman. That section should have been all about the NXT women yet she vacuumed all the heat.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 Jul 2015, 12:36 am

Stardust has had a bit of a pop on Twitter saying he's shocked people think he would use his father's death and let it be exploited on TV. I don't think many were asking for that, I think people just want to support him right now and the mediocre heat he was getting is completely gone. No one wants to boo him.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:16 am

liverbnz wrote:Has Stephanie ever put anyone over other than herself? Vile, vile woman. That section should have been all about the NXT women yet she vacuumed all the heat.

I disagree. The NXT women needed an intro, Stephanie has the character that people will listen when she's on the mic. Was impressed that on multiple occasions they called it the "NXT Women's Title".

Stardust.... meh
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:44 am

Prometheus wrote:
liverbnz wrote:Has Stephanie ever put anyone over other than herself? Vile, vile woman. That section should have been all about the NXT women yet she vacuumed all the heat.

I disagree.  The NXT women needed an intro, Stephanie has the character that people will listen when she's on the mic.  Was impressed that on multiple occasions they called it the "NXT Women's Title".

She's a heel.

She talks down to every single superstar (bar HHH) on the roster like she did to Nikki within seconds of lifting a mic to her gub.

She has never really shown any interest in the women's title or division other than her ego trip reign a decade ago yet continued talking while all the 'new' women were in the ring and the focus should have been on them.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:18 am

I agree. Its totally inconsistent with her character. I would have had Paige introduce them in a 'I made a couple of calls to some old friends' kind of way.

Thats the big problem with heel Authority figures, doing babyface things just disconnects the audience.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:05 pm

Stephanie and Triple H aren't heels in the true sense of the word, they do what they believe is best for business, when that is in direct opposition to crazy over faces like Daniel Bryan then that in itself makes thr Authority uber heels - its all about money for thr Authority, who they believe will make them most money in the long run, bosses siding with anyone will make them unpopular so it does feel heelish but I've never felt they've been heels for the sake of it.

I don't think its out of character for Stephanie to bring in the NXT girls, whats best for business for the Diva division is for the Champion to have competition, if there isn't competition that wont do much for business so I'd expect those running the place to do the necessary thing and promote said competiton, this is where Stephanie McMahon comes in

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:17 pm

That's were they fall down I think. It's very confusing for the viewer to know what to think of the authority when they flip-flop from one side to another. Neither do I remember Steph doing anything remotely protagonist (thought I'd make up a word!) and getting cheered any time in the last 10 years for her to be considered anything but a heel.

Personally I think they are heels, they just can't resist putting themselves in stories that they get a rub from. 'Oh look, Steph revolutionised the women's division is what they'll say'.

On top of that, if they think killing momentum of the most popular star in the decade is actually best for business rather than just them playing heel then there's little hope for them ever getting things together

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:41 pm

I don't class them as heels, they do heelish things when it suits their agenda but they'll do face things when it again suits their agenda - the Authority run the ship and by defacto they will be somewhat control freaks, they like things to run how they believe it should be ran but I don't think they've been overly heelish apart from the run against Danial Bryan - that was a prolonged dedicated campaign against someone they didn't believe (in kayfabe of course) was good for business.

Is it really confusing for fans? Personally I don't think it is but I guess there is scope for saying it too, my take on it is simple though, they're always looking for what they believe is best for business so with that in mind you can always apply logic to what they do

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:00 pm

I dont think it helps for them to jump back to either side. The best for business schtick gives them some flexibility, but there needs to be a reason for why they do things. I actually don't mind HHH bringing in Lesnar as Rollins was being an issue for them to some extent. But I don't see why Stephanie stuck her nose in. It was only done to elicit cheers, and whilst they may run the line of full on heel behaviour at times, they should be trying to escape the cheers. 

Moreover, I don't think it made the moment better by having Stephanie. It probably made it a little worse. What, in that segment, did she do that wouldnt have been better coming from Paige and Naomi/Tamina?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:33 pm

I dont think she added anything to the segment. Paige has been leading the one woman crusade for this long only for Steph to turn up and be like 'Yeah, you've been at this for two months now but IM HERE PANIC OVER DONT WORRY!'

I dont know how anyone can claim they arent heels. Aside from making life a bit difficult for Seth recently everything they have done since Summerslam 2013 has been heels. If Triple H and Steph were seen to be looking over the company as a whole and not only getting on screen time when its to do with the main angle then I could half accept the hopping back and forth.

WWE need a William Regal. Rarely seen but oft mentioned so we know whos making the decisions without having a half hour promo open RAW every week.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Jul 2015, 6:43 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I dont think it helps for them to jump back to either side. The best for business schtick gives them some flexibility, but there needs to be a reason for why they do things. I actually don't mind HHH bringing in Lesnar as Rollins was being an issue for them to some extent. But I don't see why Stephanie stuck her nose in. It was only done to elicit cheers, and whilst they may run the line of full on heel behaviour at times, they should be trying to escape the cheers. 

Moreover, I don't think it made the moment better by having Stephanie. It probably made it a little worse. What, in that segment, did she do that wouldnt have been better coming from Paige and Naomi/Tamina?

I see what you're saying but why would Paige have any scope or ny pull to bring up the NXT girls? I also think if Paige brought them in then you risk pigeon holing them early doors aa having to be aligned with Paige, as it is right now they can come in, face the same competition as Paige and even team with her without having that suggested loyalty to her so it allows them to retain their initial individualism.

I can see why people get frustrated when they see Stephanie hog a spotlight at times but I don't see what the issue is here, Nikki Bella has dominated the Diva Title, she's by one means or another beaten everyone, she has recently recruited a new member to her team, the only Diva who has dared take a stand against her has alienated everyone shes worked with and against and has found herself with a lack of allies, if there's no competiton there's no business and thats where I can buy into the boss stepping in, shes actively created competition where there was none, now that might not be seen as a heel tactic but its a management tactic and thats all I keep going back to, I think that justifies it.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 Jul 2015, 6:45 pm

Oh, I can understand it, but thats a big moment that shes made about herself. Shes also made herself the person who gave the fans something they were desperate for. 

It'd have been better to have Paige say she'd spoken to William Regal lately, and he'd given her an idea.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:14 pm

I'm not sure Paige going out to recruit people works, I think that gives us a sense that they will have a shared loyalty to each other and that in itself can create some booking problems a lot sooner than necessary, I guess we can make legitimate and rational cases for either side of the coin

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 15 Jul 2015, 11:31 pm

Yeah, and I probably wouldnt be annoyed with Steph if it wasnt a bad habit she had.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down