The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rigo vs Lomo

+9
Coxy001
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
mobilemaster8
shenglong2015
hazharrison
AdamT
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Rigo vs Lomo Empty Rigo vs Lomo

Post by hampo17 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 1:35 pm

The two camps are in talks for this to happen, who do you guys fancy in this one?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Rigo vs Lomo Empty Re: Rigo vs Lomo

Post by AdamT Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:08 pm

Both highly skilled and seen as two of the very greatest amateurs ever. If it is at a lighter weight, then I would favour Rigondeaux. If at Feather, then probably favour Lomachenko.

Hope this happens!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:19 pm

It won't be at a lower weight (and so I'll side with Loma).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:21 pm

Rigondeaux just looks so much smaller. He is an extremley skillful fighter, but so is Loma. Loma is younger as well.

He would be the safe bet. Still a fight I wouldn't mind seeing. It will obviously not appeal to those that just want blood and guts.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

Its going to be at 124lbs.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 2:40 pm

Brilliant fight. Rigo.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:15 pm

The only time I've been excited by a catchweight!

Loma coming down 2lbs and Rigo up 2lbs seems fair.  Tendency to favour the bigger younger man but Rigo has more pro experience and power isn't his go to, so there isn't the usual question of whether 'his power will carry up' to worry about, whereas Loma fought at a heavier weight as an amateur, LW from memory, so actuall may be more affected by the catchweight.

Praying it actually happens!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:37 pm

Rico could be there for the taking soon.....Age is more of a factor for the little guys...

Perhaps not yet though.....Tasty fight...

Funny how Canelo v Cotto is a catchweight farce he won't be watching...and yet Toppy is excited by this..

Consistency would be nice my old mate

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 15 Jul 2015, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:40 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:Its going to be at 124lbs.

It won't be at 124. Loma won't move on that (it was suggested by Gary Hyde - Rigo's manager).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rico could be there for the taking soon.....Age is more of a factor for the little guys...

Funny how Carell v Cotto is a catchweight farce he won't be watching...and yet Toppy is excited by this..

Should have caveated that it was AS LONG AS a title isn't on the line!

Still more exciting and less silly though....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm

From ESPN:

"When Egis Klimas, manager of featherweight titleholder Vasyl Lomachenko, made recent comments that their side had interest in a fight (at the full 126 pounds) against unified junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux, Gary Hyde, Rigondeaux's manager, responded -- and many media outlets made it sound as if a deal was imminent.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Serious demands must be met before Guillermo Rigondeaux, steps into the cage against Vasyl Lomachenko. Ken Ishii/Getty ImagesHere's what Hyde had to say in a statement sent to boxing media: "Rigo will fight Lomachenko at a catch weight of 124 pounds, which should be no problem for Lomachenko because he weighed 125 pounds for one of his professional fights. Rigo is a small 122-pounder who could make 118 without much trouble, but he would be giving away size and weight advantages to face Lomachenko."

Hyde went on to make other demands that have no prayer of being agreed to.

"We have a pair of two-time Olympic gold medalists and current world champions going at it. I believe [Guillermo Rigondeux] is the more ferocious of the two fighters and I firmly believe Rigo will dominate Vasyl Lomachenko. Klimas, you know what you must do to make the fight, just pick up the phone and call me. Rigo is ready."

Gary Hyde, manager to Guillermo Rigondeux, on the demands that are to be met before his fighter and Lomachenko meet in the ring
"We would insist on a rehydration clause of 135 pounds for fight night," Hyde said. "If Klimas agrees to this, then we have a fight. Lomachenko is a masterful fighter like Rigo and this matchup will be a classic. We have a pair of two-time Olympic gold medalists and current world champions going at it. I believe Rigo is the more ferocious of the two fighters and I firmly believe Rigo will dominate Lomachenko. Klimas, you know what you must do to make the fight, just pick up the phone and call me. Rigo is ready."

Rigondeaux (15-0, 10 KOs) is not in position to make any demands, however. He's been relegated to fighting in Asia because he is unwanted by HBO or Showtime in the United States. Perhaps if he signed with Al Haymon he'd be able to get on a Premier Boxing Champions telecast.

Lomachenko (4-1, 2 KOs) would obviously be in the driver's seat for any talks as he has HBO backing and is with powerful promoter Top Rank.

Further, Hyde's assertion that as long as Lomachenko agrees to the weight demands they have a fight are simply ridiculous. He forgot the part where they have to agree on the money and a host of other terms.

According to Top Rank vice president Carl Moretti there is no negotiation going and there have been no talks whatsoever.

"I don't know what Hyde is talking about. There's a little bit of interest on our side, but there have been no negotiations, no phone calls, no discussions about the fight," Moretti said. "No nothing. Lomachenko is also not interested in a catch weight fight."

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Rico could be there for the taking soon.....Age is more of a factor for the little guys...

Funny how Carell v Cotto is a catchweight farce he won't be watching...and yet Toppy is excited by this..

Should have caveated that it was AS LONG AS a title isn't on the line!

Still more exciting and less silly though....

Agree with you there..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:52 pm

Buzzing.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

hazharrison wrote:
shenglong2015 wrote:Its going to be at 124lbs.

It won't be at 124. Loma won't move on that (it was suggested by Gary Hyde - Rigo's manager).

Pity but not unexpected given Loma fought at 134lbs for London 2012.

Hands the advantage back to the Ukrainian.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 15 Jul 2015, 4:54 pm

Rigo KO 1

In all seriousness though I slightly fancy him to outbox the naturally bigger man. Be very interesting to see the odds on this one, won't be putting much on it but reckon there'll be value due to this being a total and utter pick'em.... Am swaying to Rigo but not by more than a few %.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed 15 Jul 2015, 10:57 pm

I favour Rigo. Hard to see either landing that much. But as the bigger fighter Loma will end up on the front foot being made to miss most. Think Loma wastes punches and tries to hard to look good. Rigo will make him look bad

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 16 Jul 2015, 6:28 am

I favour Lomo in this one. However it stinks that Rigo is having to move up to get a fight. Hang your heads in shame on Frampton, Quigg et al

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 16 Jul 2015, 12:28 pm

Word around the camp fire is there's a good chance this fight happened in the autumn at 126 lbs.

How great are these two? Who the hell chooses to fight Rigo after five fights!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 16 Jul 2015, 1:36 pm

3fingers wrote:I favour Lomo in this one. However it stinks that Rigo is having to move up to get a fight. Hang your heads in shame on Frampton, Quigg et al

Tried to find an appropriate thread for this: anyone seen the state of Frampton this week? He looks emaciated.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Thu 16 Jul 2015, 5:09 pm

Guillermo Rigondeaux agrees to fight Vasyl Lomachenko at 126lbs

Dual super-bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux is set to meet WBO featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko at 126lbs.

Rigondeaux's camp had originally suggested 124lbs would be the catchweight but after further negotiations, have compromised with the addition of a rehydration clause.

Source: SkySports

Also, Bob Arum has been saying the Autumn. Chicago has been mentioned but he is also looking to create a huge card in Dubai with Tim Bradley vs Sadam Ali, Donaire, Quigg on the card along with Rigo vs Loma.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 16 Jul 2015, 5:14 pm

I change my prediction to Rigo.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 16 Jul 2015, 5:22 pm

Rehydration clause helps balance matters.

Quite fancy a little trip to Dubai.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 17 Jul 2015, 1:17 am

Urallcunts

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:00 am

3fingers wrote:Urallcunts
How rude.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 17 Jul 2015, 7:02 am

jimdig wrote:
3fingers wrote:Urallcunts
How rude.
I was too quick to judge, I see where your coming from and I agree, we are.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down