The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP

+3
Good Golly I'm Olly
SimonofSurrey
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Go down

SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Tue 28 Jul 2015, 3:22 pm

SURREY HAVE NAMED A FOURTEEN MAN SQUAD FOR THEIR ROYAL LONDON ONE DAY CUP GAME AGAINST THE YORKSHIRE VIKINGS AT THE KIA OVAL ON WEDNESDAY.
Freddie van den Bergh is included in the squad and Aneesh Kapil makes way
The Surrey squad to play the Yorkshire Vikings at in the Royal London One Day Cup at the Kia Oval on Wednesday 29th July :
Gareth Batty (capt)
Zafar Ansari
James Burke
Rory Burns
Sam Curran
Tom Curran
Steven Davies
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Tim Linley
Jason Roy
Kumar Sangakkara
Freddie Van den Bergh
Gary Wilson
viscount is a given the other two hard to call
over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by SimonofSurrey Tue 28 Jul 2015, 8:51 pm

BurgerVan and the Viscount to miss out, with:
- either Third Degree, in which case Wilson keeps wicket
- or - you never know - Wilson, in which case Foakes gets the mitts.

Latter would be a very big call.

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP Empty Re: SURREY vs YORKSHIRE VIKINGS ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 28 Jul 2015, 10:41 pm

Well considering he averages under 20 with the bat in List A stuff since he joined Surrey there's no way Wilson should be playing ahead of Third Degree.

Hopefully they'll see sense and Wilson, Burger Van and Viscount will miss out
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 29 Jul 2015, 1:36 pm

After a good opening partnership Surrey struggled against Yorks bowling attack. But a good and rapid late partnership between Tom Curran and Ansari has lifted the score towards respectability. 252 - 7 with one over to go...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Jul 2015, 1:38 pm

If we bowl well it's defebdable - what's not defendable is the continued selection of Mr Wilson in this format
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:01 pm

#ansariforengland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 29 Jul 2015, 6:05 pm

Excellent victory for Surrey by 6 runs. clap clap I must say that I had given that match up for lost as Yorks seemed well on course with a manageable run rate and plenty of wickets in hand. The two Currans between them bowled 17 overs 2 for 69, a very fine return.  Batty was economical too and Ansari, although more expensive, took three important wickets.

The earlier partnership between Ansari and Tom Curran was crucial. Good to see Curran Major reassert himself - he was starting to get overshadowed by the exploits of Curran Minor. Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm

Surrey finally winning some games in the minor cup.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by chichestersurryfan Wed 29 Jul 2015, 9:20 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Surrey finally winning some games in the minor cup.

picard

chichestersurryfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed 29 Jul 2015, 11:07 pm

excellent last 2 overs from jade and tom clap clap clap
luckily the dropped catches of maxwell by younger curran and ballance by roy when he was on 2 never cost us Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:34 am

chichestersurryfan wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Surrey finally winning some games in the minor cup.

picard

Well we all know what this Nick is like but this one's lost me. If he's trying to say Surrey finally have won a couple of games in quick succession, then he obviously hasn't looked at our record in all competitions this year closely enough. If however he means we've finally won some games in this one then I'm lost because i make it we're two from two. I can only assume he's crowing because Sussex have reached the T20 1/4s and Surrey didn't. Well whoopeedoo, if so.

Warning: too much sea air can seriously affect your Wumming

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:38 am

Just out of curiousity - why do some of the regulars on here never comment on the England match threads? It can be a bit quiet on there at times so would be good to have more people contributing!

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 30 Jul 2015, 10:40 am

It's also a competition we won not so long ago under our late lamented regime....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:14 am

VTR wrote:Just out of curiousity - why do some of the regulars on here never comment on the England match threads? It can be a bit quiet on there at times so would be good to have more people contributing!

There you go VTR, I just have: https://www.606v2.com/t59965p300-england-v-australia-3rd-test-edgbaston

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 31 Jul 2015, 9:56 am

I regularly comment on various cricket threads...

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down