The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum

+4
Kay Fabe
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
jai.roberts
8 posters

Go down

Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum Empty Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum

Post by jai.roberts Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:19 pm

Early reports say Roddy Piper has passed away at the age of 61 from natural causes

Another gone to early if reports are correct .... (I've had an alert from The Dirt Sheet App)

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum Empty Re: Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum

Post by jai.roberts Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:21 pm

Apparently it's also been Tweeted by Virgil (@TheRealVirgil) and The Iron Sheik (the_ironsheik)

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum Empty Re: Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum

Post by Fernando Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:22 pm

Apparently he died of "Natural Causes"

You might want to give it a better title then "It's happened again"

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:23 pm

I meant nothing by it, just another wrestler has passed away too early mate

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:27 pm

I've given it a change.

Sad news. Another far too early.

Not a good time for nostalgia. With Savage, Andre, Dusty, and now Roddy dead, plus the blacklisting and disgrace of Hogan, how many more "Rock 'N Wrestling" era stars are left? DiBiase?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:33 pm

Thanks Dolphin Ziggler, there are not many of those stars left.... sad news all my early 80's favourites seem to be going to soon

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 31 Jul 2015, 11:59 pm

Another bit of my childhood gone forever, one of the greatest heels of all time, make no mistake about, he sold WrestleMania, not to Wrestling fans but to the main stream audience, they tuned in to see Hogan and Mr T kick his ass

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 01 Aug 2015, 3:52 am

Seen some cracking tributes and stories, some touching, some funny.

Marty DeRosa
‏@MartyDeRosa
In classic #RoddyPiper fashion, he once again steals the attention away from Hulk Hogan.

MaffewOfBotchamania ‏@Maffewgregg  5h5 hours ago
''Tell me something...if they didn't hate me so much, you think they would have been cheering you so much?''

Piper to Hogan, 1996.

MaffewOfBotchamania ‏@Maffewgregg  4h4 hours ago
Bobby Heenan somewhere just muttered ''It's a kilt, not a skirt, it's a kilt, not a skirt...''

Ronda Rousey wrote:Thank you for the name.... And so much more.... Will do it justice and do you proud tomorrow.... This one's for you Roddy....

Rowdy Roddy Piper All Out of Bubblegum CLRya67VAAAAsWX

James Storm ✔@JamesStormBrand
Just when you think heaven is calming down. In walks these two. #RipPiper #ChidhoodFavorite

A.J. Brooks ✔@WWEAJLee
The original rebel. One of my greatest inspirations. Thank you for your guidance. RIP Piper.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 01 Aug 2015, 7:38 am

Genuinely one of the best heels the business has ever seen. Its a sad time to be a wrestling fan this soon after losing Dusty. RIP.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 01 Aug 2015, 12:51 pm

Very sad news. Anytime you hear about a wrestler or athlete from the 80s getting a heart attack, your mind tends to one conclusion. The price of fame is heavy indeed. RIP
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 02 Aug 2015, 10:47 pm

Gutting gutting news. 

RIP

Too many going early, it's not fair.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Mon 03 Aug 2015, 3:13 pm

Its a real shame, Piper was just an amazing heel and even a good baby face. Will have to go watch "They live" again and I'm going to miss listening to his podcast
RIP Hot Rod

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down