The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

+11
Steffan
Adam D
Scottrf
Coxy001
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
hampo17
mobilemaster8
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder Empty The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:51 am

Apparently Wilder's team have offered Hughie Fury a shot at the title if he can be ready in 7 and a half weeks. Peter Fury (Hughie's dad) will only except the fight if Fury can get the whole 8 weeks to train.

Wilder and the WBC should be ashamed. Nothing against Fury (16-0, 8 KOs) but it is clear he is not ready for a title shot but saying that Wilder (34-0 33 KOs) is nothing special.

In all of Wilder's 34 fights he has face 1 solitary decent fighter in Stiverne who in any other era would be a journeyman at best but in this H/W era he is a former H/W champ.

Complete joke of a sport now. Why won't Wilder face Povitkin who out of ALL the so called H/W contenders has the best resume.

Anyhow should this fight come off who will you pick?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder Empty Re: The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:56 am

Not like those exemplary gents known as Brook and Quigg...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder Empty Re: The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by jimdig Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:28 am

Odd match making, hugie brings nothing to the table at this stage in his career. Hugie must be one of tysons sparring partners, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about a short training camp.

Id be suprised if this fight comes off either way.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:19 pm

As far as I'm aware ONETWO, He has come out and said he is definitely fighting Povetkin so not too sure what your on about.

He has called out Fury as an in between fight, but Povetkin is next up anyway.

Floyd gets a pass with Ortiz.....manny with Rios......Kell with Dan....Khan with Salita....

It happens...it's always happened....and it will always happen.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:43 pm

Khan didn't get a pass for Salita MM, he got massively slated despite it being a mandatory. While it would be good to see Hughie prove himself first, he's still better than 99% of the other fighters Wilder has faced.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:45 pm

I rate him........Just seems to lack a smack.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not like those exemplary gents known as Brook and Quigg...

You mean those guys that are rounded and unanimously derided for their match-making??

Try again.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:13 pm

Surely it's more disgraceful that Peter Fury will 'only' take the fight on 8 weeks not 7.5? That's pathetic, especially given Hughie hasn't done anything to earn/warrant a shot and doubtful will mount up to much anyway.

If it's just a keep warm fight before Pov, I couldn't care less. Pov is the best fighter out there not called Wlad.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:22 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not like those exemplary gents known as Brook and Quigg...

You mean those guys that are rounded and unanimously derided for their match-making??

Try again.....

You should wait to see what your hero Chris thinks...You'll only end up doing a U-turn again

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:26 pm

You mean the guy that can construct a coherent logical and well thought out argument?

Can certainly see why he's no inspiration of yours!!

Still, clear you can't argue the point (as always) so I'll just chalk up another......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:50 pm

Truss your one of the ones (amongst many) that have slated Quigg constantly for the matchmaking (justifibly so btw.)

But if it's okay for one then it has to be okay for everyone else.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:53 pm

I think this fight stinks....Just pointing out others are no better.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:22 pm

Why is no-one looking forwards to Wilder using one of the pieces of Fury trash as a human punch bag?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Saddest thing is, this is still the 2nd or 3rd toughest fight of world champ Wilder's 34 fight career.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:25 pm

Coxy001 wrote:Why is no-one looking forwards to Wilder using one of the pieces of Fury trash as a human punch bag?

I don't rate Wilder......Wouldn't rule out an upset.

Problem is I want Joshua to clean up but the way Hearn is matching his fighters now... I'm worried his first defence will be against Charlie Zelenoff because Wlad/Fury/Povetkin/Haye/Stiverne will all have turned down the cheque he's holding up at the camera !!.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't rate Wilder......Wouldn't rule out an upset.
But your predictions are the absolute worst in boxing history.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't rate Wilder......Wouldn't rule out an upset.
But your predictions are the absolute worst in boxing history.

Can't argue with that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:32 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Surely it's more disgraceful that Peter Fury will 'only' take the fight on 8 weeks not 7.5? That's pathetic, especially given Hughie hasn't done anything to earn/warrant a shot and doubtful will mount up to much anyway.

If it's just a keep warm fight before Pov, I couldn't care less. Pov is the best fighter out there not called Wlad.

I read a story that stated 4 weeks notice but Peter Fury wanted 7/8 weeks.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Starling was prepared to come to England on two weeks notice when Duff couldn't agree terms with Blocker for Honey.

Funnily enough straight after that statement...Terms were agreed faster than Collins retired when he found out Calzaghe was his mandatory...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:56 am

Wilder is a lanky string of p!ss and the sooner Tyson Fury beats him the better once he has dispatched of Klitschko

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:03 am

Steffan wrote:Wilder is a lanky string of p!ss and the sooner Tyson Fury beats him the better once he has dispatched of Klitschko

For the umpteenth time - stop sniffing glue!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:07 am

Coxy001 wrote:
Steffan wrote:Wilder is a lanky string of p!ss and the sooner Tyson Fury beats him the better once he has dispatched of Klitschko

Grow up. I'm just backing Fury. You should as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:23 am

Why should he?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:25 am

Steffan wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Grow up. I'm just backing Fury. You should as well

Erm, no I don't. He isn't representing "Team GB" or England. Ergo, I can choose to support whoever I want.

And good god, first Dipper and now you regarding sense of humour failures.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:30 am

Coxy001 wrote:Erm, no I don't. He isn't representing "Team GB" or England. Ergo, I can choose to support whoever I want
I agree with you actually although I always used to get criticised for not supporting Haye or Froch against "foreign" opponents as when I cheered on Mayweather against Hatton

My sense of humour is matched only by my dashing good looks

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:03 am

Steffan telling someone to grow up.... laughing

What next d4 moaning that Mayweather is underrated ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:15 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Steffan telling someone to grow up.... laughing
Come on now Trusscargo I am a changed man you know that

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:23 am

Steffan wrote:

With them 6 inch biceps......It's time you did change !! laughing

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:42 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Steffan wrote:

With them 6 inch biceps......It's time you did change !! laughing
You really are an alpha male aren't you. The kinda kid in school who brags about how hard he is and how his dad is harder than everyone elses dad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder Empty Hughie Fury v Deontay Wilder

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:14 am

Discuss Smile

http://boxrec.com/boxer/468841

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:42 am

I'd rather it was the other brother Wilder was fighting

Fury will lose

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:58 am

de ja vu anyone?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Sells a "grudge match" with Tyson Fury but if anyone ever slates David Haye for the quality of his opposition after this...........

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:51 pm

Hoping to see Wilder smack one of the Fury's around before Wlad does a demolition job on the other muppet. Only thing that would top that off is that piece of scum John Fury take a kicking from one of the ring girls after he tries to drag her back to his non-location-secured-home.

Hopefully Wilder steps up to face Wlad after this in a big unification. Would 100% have to be in the States, would certainly breathe more life in to the HW division.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:31 pm

See Coxy's post has been reported. Can't see anything wrong with it myself, absolutely spot on.

Fair play to Hughie, young enough that a (lost) title shot won't damage his career, given that he's not exactly expected for greatness anyway.

Sets up a 'grudge match' as Dave says. Hughie taking one from the team......TKO3.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:See Coxy's post has been reported.  Can't see anything wrong with it myself, absolutely spot on.
I didn't report it but he does lower the tone quite a lot, which for this forum is an achievement.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Merged these two together. I see Coxy is trying to act like a complete five knuckle shuffle again.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:41 pm

Scottrf wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:See Coxy's post has been reported.  Can't see anything wrong with it myself, absolutely spot on.
I didn't report it but he does lower the tone quite a lot, which for this forum is an achievement.

Is that even possible?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:09 pm

I've been away a while and the tone does seem to have become overly intellectual at times (comparatively speaking) however I shall do my best to ensure all conversations remain at or below subterranean levels.

Would have thought Fury's team would have taken advantage of the chance to "set up camp" somewhere...see?

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:20 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I've been away a while
Prison? Which is where Coxy is going to end up the way his harassment of the Fury family is going

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:38 pm

As we have three months to wait until the Fury Wlad fight I'll try and make this easy for all concered. We are all aware Fury is from a family of travellers. We are also all aware that many hold some fairly strong views about such folk, or see them as a seemingly bottomless pit of opportunities for humour. Neither of these have the square root of sod all to do with the actual fight, but do, as the reported post has proven today, have the ability to cause offence to other users. As such references to his background, be them derogatory or "humourous" will be deleted upon posting, Persistent offenders or those that are not willing to do that will almost certainly spend some time away from the fourm.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:57 pm

I don't care about the Furys backround and I will be supporting both brothers in their fights against Wilder and Klitschko

People on this forum got chips on their shoulder that's the problem

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:58 pm

Rowley wrote:As we have three months to wait until the Fury Wlad fight I'll try and make this easy for all concered. We are all aware Fury is from a family of travellers. We are also all aware that many hold some fairly strong views about such folk, or see them as a seemingly bottomless pit of opportunities for humour. Neither of these have the square root of sod all to do with the actual fight, but do, as the reported post has proven today, have the ability to cause offence to other users. As such references to his background, be them derogatory or "humourous" will be deleted upon posting, Persistent offenders or those that are not willing to do that will almost certainly spend some time away from the fourm.

... and be forced to live in a caravan!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:00 pm

Rowley wrote:have the ability to cause offence to other users.

No such thing. People choose to be offended.

Last edited by Duty281 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:01 pm

As long as I had my laptop, internet, radio and books to read I would love to live in a caravan to be honest. Well in the spring and summer anyway

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

It is a distinction that matters greatly to me duty. People can also choose to ignore the requests of the moderation team on here if they wish.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Rowley wrote:have the ability to cause offence to other users.

No such thing. People choose to be offended.
I find that offensive.....and blame you almost entirely (some might be Steffan's fault)

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:05 pm

Rowley wrote:It is a distinction that matters greatly to me duty. People can also choose to ignore the requests of the moderation team on here if they wish.

Well I have never made a remark about the travelling community, good or bad.

And the moderation team on this forum contradict themselves a lot, so it can be rather difficult to follow their requests all the time.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:08 pm

I'd like to see Wilder lose if only for the hilarity of seeing someone even worse than Tyson holding a World title....also...Wilder is garbage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:11 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Rowley wrote:It is a distinction that matters greatly to me duty. People can also choose to ignore the requests of the moderation team on here if they wish.

Well I have never made a remark about the travelling community, good or bad.

And the moderation team on this forum contradict themselves a lot, so it can be rather difficult to follow their requests all the time.
That's more to do with wilful belligerence on your part than the contradictory nature of the Moderators' ramblings

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next