The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

+11
Steffan
Adam D
Scottrf
Coxy001
Derbymanc
TopHat24/7
hampo17
mobilemaster8
jimdig
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder - Page 2 Empty The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 3 Aug - 20:51

First topic message reminder :

Apparently Wilder's team have offered Hughie Fury a shot at the title if he can be ready in 7 and a half weeks. Peter Fury (Hughie's dad) will only except the fight if Fury can get the whole 8 weeks to train.

Wilder and the WBC should be ashamed. Nothing against Fury (16-0, 8 KOs) but it is clear he is not ready for a title shot but saying that Wilder (34-0 33 KOs) is nothing special.

In all of Wilder's 34 fights he has face 1 solitary decent fighter in Stiverne who in any other era would be a journeyman at best but in this H/W era he is a former H/W champ.

Complete joke of a sport now. Why won't Wilder face Povitkin who out of ALL the so called H/W contenders has the best resume.

Anyhow should this fight come off who will you pick?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by Duty281 Wed 5 Aug - 13:14

DAVE667 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Rowley wrote:It is a distinction that matters greatly to me duty. People can also choose to ignore the requests of the moderation team on here if they wish.

Well I have never made a remark about the travelling community, good or bad.

And the moderation team on this forum contradict themselves a lot, so it can be rather difficult to follow their requests all the time.
That's more to do with wilful belligerence on your part than the contradictory nature of the Moderators' ramblings

I'm just not the submissive kind...bloody moderators.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder - Page 2 Empty Re: The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder

Post by Scottrf Wed 5 Aug - 13:14

DAVE667 wrote:I'd like to see Wilder lose if only for the hilarity of seeing someone even worse than Tyson holding a World title....also...Wilder is garbage.
Not sure I'd like to see a World Title sold for scrap though.

Run

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 5 Aug - 13:14

Speaking of mods...where the hell is Union Cane nowadays?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 5 Aug - 13:24

Steffan wrote:Speaking of mods...where the hell is Union Cane nowadays?

The absolute disgrace that is Deontay Wilder - Page 2 Hqdefault

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 5 Aug - 14:01

Fury doesn't have a 'background' he has a lifestyle choice. One that should be as open to ridicule as chubby boxers getting lampooned for spending their training camp at MaccyD's.

Alas, for participation reasons, I will climb down and refrain....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 5 Aug - 14:04

Fury will be in good shape for the Klits fight though I reckon. Possibly best shape he has ever been in

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 5 Aug - 14:07

I agree.

Only risk will be wether he does a bit of a Danny Williams and thinks his size and ability to not be bullied by Wlad (shorter and lighter for once) is a key asset that he tries to exploit by being 260-270lbs or something silly.

250lbs would be perfect for him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 5 Aug - 14:20

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Alas, for participation reasons, I will climb down and refrain....

Thanks toppy, you're officially my new favourite.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 5 Aug - 14:22

Only chance he's got is catching a straightline fighter coming in with straight shots...

I think he has a chance...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 5 Aug - 14:27

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Only chance he's got is catching a straightline fighter coming in with straight shots...
Are you on about Klitschko or Wilder here?

Wilder is unproven but he will beat Hughie

Tyson will beat Wlad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 5 Aug - 14:29

Talking about Wlad v Fury...............

Wilder I don't rate.......Wouldn't rule out Hughie....

Would we really want two Fury's as heavyweight champions though ??

I'll never moan about Wlad and Vit again..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 5 Aug - 14:37

We wont see one Fury heavyweight champion, don't worry.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2